Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) (5395 Views)

You Have Seen Many Things, You're Yet To See This Kind Of Baby Shower - Picture / If A Man Dates You For a year or more And latter Dumps You,check Yourself. / If You're A Lady And One Person Doesn't Woo You In A Day, Check Yourself Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by kyber(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
This book brings back a lot of memories.
folk tales stories that we believe to be real when we were kids only to grow and realize there weren’t.

These stories were so soothing to us as kids and widened our imagination.

But We were lied to in our childhood.

But you see this Gen Z kids, they ain’t experiencing that now with TikTok and other social media taking over.
Lolz they are even wiser cause they won’t even believe any animal story we tell them, They would rather google it.

I remember at night when my pops would sit me down after eating Eba and banga soup and tell me story about the cat that got a bell tied to his neck to alert the rats of his arrival so they could run away just in time before his arrival .

Or is it the tortoise that kept eating yams he didn’t work for ? Then he got caught and thrown into hot fire only for him to laugh saying the fire couldn’t hurt him. Then they threw him into the sea and off he went, escaped,what a cunning animal lol

Share your experience and the folktale story you were told as a kid.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by TemplarLandry: 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
cool
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Ihateheadslamer: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Marriage is it an achievement

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by RoadMozart(m): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
I read this book in primary school then.

Gone are the good old days

8 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by kyber(m): 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
RoadMozart:
I read this book in primary school then.

Gone are the good old days

Tell us a stroy
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by kyber(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Yes

2 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Olarewaju89: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Yes. Because if you marry now,people will ask you how is your family, not how is your house or car.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Sandralight(f): 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
I read a similar group of stories then, I dont know whether it's this one or something else, I remember one of the stories, it goes like this

So there was this group of friends that always hang out, so one day one of the friend let's say his name is David told them that, he can sleep without heat or blanket during the cold season, that is body is very strong to withstand the cold and he can leave his windows open and sleep without any source of heat, his friends laugh and said it was impossible for him to do that and he will catch a cold or freeze to death, so they decided to do a wager, if David can sleep without any source of heat throughout the night, they will give him a prize but if he can't do it, he will have to prepare a feast for all of them.

So the day was planned and David really slept the night, opening the windows and without any source of heat, his friends came very early in the morning to see whether he really did it, David showed them everything and told him his body is really strong and he can survive the cold but one of his friends saw a candle burning and they ask David about it, David said he used the candle to see and his friends latch on that, that a candle is a source of heat and that candle kept david warm through out the night, so David failed the challenge and he have to prepare a feast for them.

On the day of the feast, all his friends came early and David told him the food will be ready soon, they waited for hours and hours and David kept reassuring them that the food will soon be ready, after waiting for so long they all went to the kitchen to see the food that was taking too long and to their surprise they saw that the food was been prepared by a single candle and there was no way the food was going to be done, David came after them and told them that
If you believe a single candle can warm me throughout the very cold night then they must believe a single candle can prepare their meal lol

12 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by OriOko88(m): 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
One of the most Ludicrous fantasies I really believed when growing up in d 90s is the belief that if u put sea water and lagoon water in d same bottle,the bottle will break and d water will separate grin. d news went so viral that almost everyone believed it then angry

6 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
Some of u are always quick to talk or write abt marriage as if it's a bed of roses. Wait till u enter into it then u will knw what it means 2b hooked with one person 4 life. U think marriage is like what u always watch in noliwood nd holiwood movies.

11 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Westerhoffe(m): 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
kyber:
folk tales stories that we believe to be real when we were kids only to grow and realize there weren’t.

But you see this Gen Z kids, they ain’t experiencing that now with TikTok and other social media taking over.
Lolz they are even wiser cause they won’t even believe any animal story we tell them, They would rather google it.

I remember at night when my pops would sit me down after eating Eba and banga soup and tell me story about the cat that got a bell tied to his neck to alert the rats of his arrival so they could run away just in time before his arrival .

Or is it the tortoise that kept eating yams he didn’t work for ? Then he got caught and thrown into hot fire only for him to laugh saying the fire couldn’t hurt him. Then they threw him into the sea and off he went, escaped,what a cunning animal lol

Dance Palm Tree.
cool

4 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Westerhoffe(m): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
OriOko88:
One of the most Ludicrous fantasies I really believed when growing up in d 90s is the belief that if u put sea water and lagoon water in d same bottle,the bottle will break and d water will separate grin. d news went so viral that almost everyone believed it then angry

I didn't…
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by RaySimran: 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
lolgrin

The most catchy story I enjoyed then was the one he (tortoise) reach an agreement with birds to follow them to a sky meeting, the all borrowed him a stand from their feathers so he could fly.

At the venue he tricked the birds to observe praying session before devouring the delicious delicacies on the table, the birds all obliged and choose a fellow to lead while having their eyes closed, he toke advantage of the great moment, eating everything eatable on the table.

The birds were freak out after discovering that he played them, they all retrieved their feathers angrily from him, he become nervous while thinking of how he'll get back on earth.

Fortunately, a friend was willing to give him a listening ear, 'tell my wife to put all the soft items in the house outside so when i fall back to earth I won't be injured' he said, the bird agreed, he was relaxed and his happiness returned, but the message was delivered in the contrary.

He fell on rock n stones. reasons for his shattered shell today. grincheesy

19 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Belteshazzar1: 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
Chai i remember the story back then in primary school...
Wow i don dey old oo
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Ihateheadslamer: 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Your English is totally out of town
Olarewaju89:

Yes. Because if you have marry people will always asking you how is your family aren't how is your houses or cars when greeting them!

2 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by LuckyKeys1: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
The dancing palm tree... Macmillan English JSS 1

7 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by talented321: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
You are not rich until u are married. Allow the singles to breathe, it is not a one year journey biko.
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by wisdomkid: 11:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
oh Sh!t!!! Why did I open this thread abeg?
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by WhatIf: 12:10am On Jun 30, 2023
They were busy teaching us tales and other fairies stories while our mate in Advance Countries were busy teaching their children Science, Technology and others.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by faceLAGOS: 1:09am On Jun 30, 2023
Must everyone be married?

Abi wèrè leleyi ni?

2 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Mayflowa(m): 1:33am On Jun 30, 2023
WhatIf:
They were busy teaching us tales and other fairies stories while our mate in Advance Countries were busy teaching their children Science, Technology and others.

The west did both. They are very good with story telling, acting and science as well.

2 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by WhatIf: 3:20am On Jun 30, 2023
Mayflowa:

The west did both. They are very good with story telling, acting and science as well.

We drew Grasshopper, and some funny animals. I could remember a day I was beaten for unable to draw cockroach and labelled it correctly, while our mates on the other side were been taught how to design Electrical and Electronic Circuits and so on........!
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Mayflowa(m): 3:43am On Jun 30, 2023
WhatIf:

We drew Grasshopper, and some funny animals. I could remember a day I was beaten for unable to draw cockroach and labelled it correctly, while our mates on the other side were been taught how to design Electrical and Electronic Circuits and so on........!

Haha. But white also know are to draw cockroaches and grasshoppers as well as make bomb, design computer and build skyscrapers. The difference is that they don’t force anyone. You develop interest in what you like best and do it. Another thing about white is that they seek to understand. Go to moon to find out what is in the sky without fear to life. They are master of research. They want to explain things through scientific means rather than witchcraft.

White people also have a simple heart. Our knowledge is too cunning. We know too much on how to kill ourselves. White people can give all their money to Charity. Because of fuel increase, see how Nigerian increased theirs goods to kill themselves. White peeps will never do that. They support one another

Lastly, technology is a white man culture. Our culture is wizardry. Even without schools, white people have always built machine to make job easier

Who brought Jesus to us? Now do you see tha abuse pastor’s do in God’s name?

1 Like

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by WhatIf: 4:06am On Jun 30, 2023
Mayflowa:

Haha. But white also know are to draw cockroaches and grasshoppers as well as make bomb, design computer and build skyscrapers. The difference is that they don’t force anyone. You develop interest in what you like best and do it. Another thing about white is that they seek to understand. Go to moon to find out what is in the sky without fear to life. They are master of research. They want to explain things through scientific means rather than witchcraft.

White people also have a simple heart. Our knowledge is too cunning. We know too much on how to kill ourselves. White people can give all their money to Charity. Because of fuel increase, see how Nigerian increased theirs goods to kill themselves. White peeps will never do that. They support one another

Lastly, technology is a white man culture. Our culture is wizardry. Even without schools, white people have always built machine to make job easier

Who brought Jesus to us? Now do you see tha abuse pastor’s do in God’s name?

We are still saying the same thing my good friend, only that you help me to explain it the more.
I remember when I was working on one of these Shell/NNPC Flow Stations where they were wasting our GAS by flaring it around 2002. One Philippines's Expatriate gave a Nokia 3310 blue face as gift to me, what astonished me was what he told me and I quote "My 12 years old son made this for his project in their school".
I was in my mind asking myself an unanswered questions " t'ani a de wa se ni orile ede yii o".

On the issue of Pastorprenuer........! I pray that everybody should know the TRUTH, and TRUTH will make set them FREE, by the time they are FREE indeed, most of the pastor will loose their members.

3 Likes

Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by zedegit: 5:11am On Jun 30, 2023
kyber:

Yes

For you. People have different priorities. Besides it's not everyone that can stay in marriage.

Some just don't want disturbance or drama.
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by imagrg(m): 6:19am On Jun 30, 2023
Who get time for fake stories these day?

Na Yahoo and hookup dey reign now. grin
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Lataability(m): 6:45am On Jun 30, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Your English is totally out of town
frustrated and bitter soul spotted.
We done see you, English professor.
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by almarthins(m): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2023
kyber:

Dance palm tree
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by almarthins(m): 7:01am On Jun 30, 2023
kyber:

Some people still dey struggle and dem no wan bring children wey go come join dem in the management. Hehehe
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by frankyychiji(f): 7:03am On Jun 30, 2023
kyber:

LoL 😝
Thank you for the two folktales you hinted on because it's given me a clue of another BS bedtime stories to tell my very curious 7yr old.
I just need to be imaginative and expand the story using your clue.
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by motionarena: 7:12am On Jun 30, 2023
Am an old gaffer but I don't know d book
Re: If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) by Stanweezy(m): 7:26am On Jun 30, 2023
Sandralight:
I read a similar group of stories then, I dont know whether it's this one or something else, I remember one of the stories, it goes like this

So there was this group of friends that always hang out, so one day one of the friend let's say his name is David told them that, he can sleep without heat or blanket during the cold season, that is body is very strong to withstand the cold and he can leave his windows open and sleep without any source of heat, his friends laugh and said it was impossible for him to do that and he will catch a cold or freeze to death, so they decided to do a wager, if David can sleep without any source of heat throughout the night, they will give him a prize but if he can't do it, he will have to prepare a feast for all of them.

So the day was planned and David really slept the night, opening the windows and without any source of heat, his friends came very early in the morning to see whether he really did it, David showed them everything and told him his body is really strong and he can survive the cold but one of his friends saw a candle burning and they ask David about it, David said he used the candle to see and his friends latch on that, that a candle is a source of heat and that candle kept david warm through out the night, so David failed the challenge and he have to prepare a feast for them.

On the day of the feast, all his friends came early and David told him the food will be ready soon, they waited for hours and hours and David kept reassuring them that the food will soon be ready, after waiting for so long they all went to the kitchen to see the food that was taking too long and to their surprise they saw that the food was been prepared by a single candle and there was no way the food was going to be done, David came after them and told them that
If you believe a single candle can warm me throughout the very cold night then they must believe a single candle can prepare their meal lol

This story funny

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cocktail Of Men: The Type Of Brothas Who Turn Us Off! / If You Want Pictures Of Me Better Than The One On My Dp, You / My Boyfriend Loves S3x But This Happens After The First Round - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.