Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list (24591 Views)

FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss / David De Gea Becomes The 1st Goalkeeper To Make The Least Saves At The World Cup / FIFA Confirms Super Eagles As Youngest Squad During 2018 W/cup Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by upower123(m): 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
Na wa a whole dea gea
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
Arrizabalaga as a substitute goal keeper? De gea not on the list?

That coach dey ment! If Spain makes it beyond the round of 16, make anybody come bet with me for 20K.

Some coaches blindly think individual talent counts for everything. They know nothing about long term experience.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Angelfrost(m): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
No surprises here... He lost his place to Unai Simon long ago!

Even if they included him, there will be no chance of him playing for a minute!

Heard Ten Hag is seriously hunting for his replacement at United as well!

Such is life Sha... Guy was literally carrying United for 2 straight seasons! Keeping them from slipping out of the top 6.

6 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
Starzo:

The same players carry Dem reach semifinals of last euro

The same set recently qualified them for the nations league finals.

They might not win it but they will go far

If Spain pass round of 16, repost this response and call me out, I go burst you 5K.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
Danielnino00:
Unrelated...

What this thing flying around that De Gea isn't in Spain's 55 man provisional world cup squad list? Must be politics cus even in his worst form, De Gea is still one of the best goalkeeper Spain has..

But that wasn't all. His needless pass to Christian Eriksen when the Dane was under pressure brought the second goal and further highlighted something De Gea's detractors have started to mention frequently in the past few years: he's not good enough with the ball to be relied upon in a team that wants to build from the back.

That's the style of play Erik ten Hag wants to impose, yet De Gea appears to be far from the ideal candidate. Granted, the need to make saves will always be important for a goalkeeper, and the Spaniard's record of 2.8 goals prevented last season was second only to Jose Sa (8.5) in the Premier League.

But goalkeepers have become more and more important in the implementation of possession-based football over the past decade, and the longer you have the ball, the fewer opportunities the opponent has to score – for example, the three teams with the greatest shares of possession last term also faced the fewest shots.

So, if De Gea – who last season only completed 69 per cent of his passes – is not suitable.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/dbsmc2ug0evs1hzz4r2l1yylf-de-geas-passing-is-a-problem-for-man-utd-so-who-could-they-sign-instead

3 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by oz4real83(m): 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
chisomkachy:
Only two made the list from Real Madrid:
Marco Asensio & Dani Carvajal.

Barca players in the list:
Eric Garcia, Sergio Busquets, Jordi Alba, Marcos Alonso, Gavi, Pedri, Ansu Fati and Ferran Torres
how many Spanish players are remaining and doing well in Real Madrid?

5 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
The only way De Gea would have made that list was if Luis Enrique lost his senses. grin

1 Like

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Angelfrost(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
God1000:
Why preventing him from playing for his country.

So Nigeria didn't qualify for this year's world cup, such a shame

Too many stars for Enrique to choose from... DDG fell down the pecking order long ago.

He would have even been benched at Old Trafford if Henderson had shown serious promise!

Just like England, too many stars to shine in a limited cloud!!!
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Naktinakkr(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
My Atiku Abubakar succeeded insha Allah...
Buhari and aoc must go

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Naktinakkr(m): 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
Yesooo thanks Mr Bulama no any Nigerian vote for obi or any Party except Atiku Abubakar of pdp

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Kelvin3476: 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
GideonG:
I have a link to Spain in you need japa affordability
WHY NT TELL US THIS IN JAPA FORUM ?
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Kingcalls: 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
robinso01:
None of all those keepers listed is as good as de gea. There's more to this than form, because de gea form ain't bad at all.

This another 2014 world cup for Spain. They about to be knocked out in the group stage.

Unai Simon is very good... de geas problem us that he has very poor distribution...and thats how Spain play

2 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
This is a personal beef.

Just look at where he kept kEPA. Degea is even a no topic cos it just indicated that, Enrique is bent on disgracing Spain at the world cup...

**Spits****

1 Like

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Lamasta(m): 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
Even with De Gea self they cannot win the world cup
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Angelfrost(m): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Buddha3:

If Spain pass round of 16, repost this response and call me out, I go burst you 5K.

Boss, don't be that hasty to write off Spain... They do have a pretty decent squad with serious depth.

This world cup is going to be more keenly contested than the last one France won!

So many tough customers:

Brazil
Netherlands
Belgium
England
Spain
Denmark
Senegal
Etc...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Amayabor1: 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
chisomkachy:
Only two made the list from Real Madrid:
Marco Asensio & Dani Carvajal.

Barca players in the list:
Eric Garcia, Sergio Busquets, Jordi Alba, Marcos Alonso, Gavi, Pedri, Ansu Fati and Ferran Torres

Only 2 players made the list from Real Madrid because real madrid do not have regular starting Spanish players. Dani Carvajal is the only Spanish player in Madrid that is a regular starter.

4 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by mastermaestro(m): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
oz4real83:
how many Spanish players are remaining and doing well in Real Madrid?

Don't tell me you heard me think this. I was about to say this, but I just felt I didn't need to waste time with someone who isn't current. Madrid doesn't have Spanish star players anymore.

Asensio is even far from his best. He has been dwarfed by the rapid rise of Vinicius, and now Rodrigo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Angelfrost(m): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Lamasta:
Even with De Gea self they cannot win the world cup

Even with De Gea and Simon keeping together at the same time, they are still not nearing Semi-finals. undecided

1 Like

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by robinso01(m): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

Unai Simon is very good... de geas problem us that he has very poor distribution...and thats how Spain play

Unai is good, but still can't be compare to de gea. About the poor distribution, I don't think de gea is that bad at it, moreover, the keeper trainer could work on it.
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Lamasta(m): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

Even with De Gea and Simon keeping together at the same time, they are still not nearing Semi-finals. undecided
But the coach self no try o why in go full in list with barca players

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by NairaLux(f): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
grin

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by manuelkel(m): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
God1000:
Why preventing him from playing for his country.

So Nigeria didn't qualify for this world cup tournament, such a shame

That one na Nigeria trophy, not to qualify.
We shaaa get history angry grin
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by oz4real83(m): 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
mastermaestro:

Don't tell me you heard me think this. I was about to say this, but I just felt I didn't need to waste time with someone who isn't current. Madrid doesn't have Spanish star players anymore.

Asensio is even far from his best. He has been dwarfed by the rapid rise of Vinicius, and now Rodrigo.
the reason they even give opportunity to asensio is because they don't want to create anti-spanish impression in their minds of their fellow countrymen. Madrid stopped giving opportunities to Spanish players long ago, if Madrid had better Spanish players, asensio would have been sold long ago

4 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Angelfrost(m): 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
Lamasta:

But the coach self no try o why in go full in list with barca players

Barcelona is the only top team in Spain with most of Spanish footballers starting or being included in the squad.

They were always going to be the main poaching and selection club for the National team coach.

Same way I would expect Southgate to target top clubs with English players starting games or getting regular play time.

3 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

Boss, don't be that hasty to write off Spain... They do have a pretty decent squad with serious depth.

This world cup is going to be more keenly contested than the last one France won!

So many tough customers:

Brazil
Netherlands
Belgium
England
Spain
Denmark
Senegal
Etc...

No strength for plenty gist abeg. I wan go drink alcohol for Garki.

If Spain pass round of 16, make the nigga repost my last response, I go transfer am 5K.
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Kingcalls: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
robinso01:

Unai is good, but still can't be compare to de gea. About the poor distribution, I don't think de gea is that bad at it, moreover, the keeper trainer could work on it.

Football has grown past goalies just making brilliant saves ...reason y Arsenal sold Leno ... if u dint hv goalies that are very comfortable with their foot... then he sudnt be number1 in a big club.... same with LB and RB... they now refer them as WB ....reason wissaka lost his place to Dalot

2 Likes

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by bid4rich(m): 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2022
The coach has forgotten that there is no Europa for World Cup. He go pack Barca players for squad.

Group stage exit loading.........
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Wilson212: 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
GideonG:
I have a link to Spain in you need japa affordability
how far
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by bid4rich(m): 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

So many tough customers:

Brazil
Netherlands
Belgium
England
Spain
Denmark
Senegal
Etc...

You no put Nigeria?

Na wah for you Ooooo #lol
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by mastermaestro(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
oz4real83:
the reason they even give opportunity to asensio is because they don't want to create anti-spanish impression in their minds of their fellow countrymen. Madrid stopped giving opportunities to Spanish players long ago, if Madrid had better Spanish players, asensio would have been sold long ago

The one that pained me most was Isco. Dude was very gifted. But he never turned out to be the star that everyone had hoped to watch. I think he left unhappily, or was let out ingloriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
Buddha3:
Arrizabalaga as a substitute goal keeper? De gea not on the list?

That coach dey ment! If Spain makes it beyond the round of 16, make anybody come bet with me for 20K.

Some coaches blindly think individual talent counts for everything. They know nothing about long term experience.
results ll judge him... Last euros de gea wasn't that fantastic though...
Re: Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list by Angelfrost(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
bid4rich:

You no put Nigeria?

Na wah for you Ooooo #lol

Why are you like dis na! cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isah Hussaini Dies In Accident (Niger Tornadoes Player) / Victor Boniface’s Grandmum Cheers Him As He Scores During A Match (Video) / Christiano Ronaldo Rescues Manchester United From Losing To Atalanta (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.