Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,114 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry (27684 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mmsen: 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
father lawd trophies? Let me get you clear are you saying Eto has won more trophies or is my eyes deceiving me here? shocked

Read well, the number of leagues in which he won trophies.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
mmsen:

Read well, the number of leagues in which he won trophies.
list them bro..Henry has won in France,England,Italy and Spain. grin Oya list the one of Eto pls

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by olayiwola72(m): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
For me Anelka just don’t have the grace henry has …. Anelka is better …. Same reason people rate Kanu over Okocha
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Ximenez(m): 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
father lawd trophies? Let me get you clear are you saying Eto has won more trophies or is my eyes deceiving me here? shocked
How many trophies Henry get?
Eto'o even won back to back trebles

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by tunjidachosen(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
ThierryJay:

Henry was better than Eto'o hands down. Even that same Fenomeno did not win UCL or score in its final yet he is better than Eto.

Henry was nominated for World player & Ballon dor final 3 times and came second twice and third once. Eto was only nominated once and he came third.

Henry won:
-World cup
-Euro 2000,
-Fifa confederations Cup (where he scored against Eto's Cameroon in final and won player of tournament)
-UCL - Eto may have scored in that final but Henry was instrumental in that UCL campaign as well with 4 knockout goals.
-Henry dragged an average Arsenal side to UCL final with several scintillating displays.
-Henry's 2006 world cup campaign to the final is also notable for great performances against Brazil and Portugal.

On a personal attribute level, Henry was faster, more skillful, could pass the ball better, could score free kicks regularly, assisted more than Eto. Both have similar goal sense.

And Suarez, Lewandowski & Shevchenko are better than Eto'o. Rooney and Aguero are on his same level.

Note that Henry's prime was 2000 - 2006 while Eto's prime was 2004 - 2010. By the time Henry was playing with Eto in Barca he was already winding down his career. At Henry's prime he was generally considered arguably to be the worlds best striker vs Fenomeno.

How is he better than Eto when Eto scored more goals and won more important individual honours. Eto has more country goal and even club, so what are you saying. Eto won african footballer twice while henry won no european best. Eto was a better striker

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ximenez:

How many trophies Henry get?
Eto'o even won back to back trebles
tell me na? I'm sure most of you might be young to really know or watch Henry,how there you compare Henry and ETo in terms of trophies shocked give me the total career trophies won by Eto and compare with those won by Henry,you will laugh at yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by DeLaRue: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You no sabi ball aswear.

Eto didn’t send Henry to the flank. Rijkaad did to avoid causing problem. Meanwhile, Henry was already past his prime and he could operate from the wing unlike Eto.

If Eto joined Henry at Arsenal, he would have been benched or Wenger will tweak the formation to accommodate him by playing Henry from the wing.

Henry was actually not a centre forward in the traditional sense. At Arsenal, he preferred to play from the left side, though not as a traditional left winger.

So, in Barcelona, he was played more as a left winger which was not his preference.

It’s common sense and that’s what Rijkaad did
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by OJEEMAH(m): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2022
BCD2much:

How do you win those with Ronaldinho in his prime in your team, Eto'o has number of trophies Henry can only dream about, eufa recognitions, came close to wining Balon d'or twice, won major trophies at different clubs,
Hahahahahah…..see excuse abeg

Suarez competed and won European Golden Boot against Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo

Your excuse no make sense cos Dinho is not even like Ronaldo and Messi that likes to score in every game.

Go and tell those that didn’t watch Dinho.

Was Balon D’or the main award before 2010?

Oga, Henry finished 2nd twice in FIFA World Best. Eto was nominated once and he finished third.

Henry won European Golden Boots twice. Eto never touched that award.

Henry finished as EPL Top Scorer 4 times? How many Pinchichi for Eto?

3 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by yinkeys(m): 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2022
engrchykae:
Etoo is a merciless killer.
To send kluivert away from Barca and to send Thierry Henry to the flanks is no mean feat
I agree
He was in top 3 ballon d’or list one time too
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Ximenez(m): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
tell me na? I'm sure most if you might be young to really know or watch Henry,how there you compare Henry and ETo in terms of trophies shocked give me the total career trophies won by Eto and compare with those won by Henry,you will laugh at yourself.
Lol
Even in arsenal when Henry was at his best, he won 5 trophies
Two epl and 3 fa cups
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ximenez:

Lol
Two epl and 3 fa cups
reasons why I asked you to list the total number of trophies won by both players na angry
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Ximenez(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
reasons why I asked you to list the total number of trophies won by both players na angry
And you can't list them?
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ximenez:

Lol
Two epl and 3 fa cups
abi you don't have both players career trophies? Yet you said Eto has won more? List the total career trophies of both players cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ximenez:

And you can't list them?
you seems to know more than me,for you to boldly say Eto has more trophies,most of you thinks football started when you started watching football? grin grin from this you and pick up trophies won,and I can tell you not all were even captured here.

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Ximenez(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
you seems to know more than me,for you to boldly say Eto has more trophies,most of you thinks football started when you started watching football? grin grin
Must you watch a match before you have access to data?
Were Jim beglin and jon champion around then to watch Ferenc Puskas and Eusebio play back then?
Don't they give commentary and analysis about them now?

Eto'o was just briefly at inter yet he won 5 trophies there, that's equal to what Henry has at Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ximenez:

Must you watch a match before you have access to data?
Were Jim beglin and jon champion around then to watch Ferenc Puskas and Eusebio play back then?
Don't they give commentary and analysis about them now?

Eto'o was just briefly at inter yet he won 5 trophies there, that's equal to what Henry has at Arsenal.
e sure me die when some of us were watching Henry at his early stages in football them never born you,even they have you might be very young,don't get me wrong,I just notice most younger folks only talk about what they know and met, if not for Google some would have even argue that Arsenal has NEVER WON epl in their history,trust me on that,I'm sure about it. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Ximenez(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
e sure me die when some of us were watching Henry at his early stages in football them never born you,even they have you might be very young,don't get me wrong,I just notice most younger folks only talk about what they know and met, if not for Google some would have even argue that Arsenal has NEVER WON epl in their history,trust me on that,I'm sure about it. cheesy cheesy
Nawa for you.
I'm even trying to flow with your narrative that you are old, yet you still don't get the point.
Like i said before, you don't necessarily have to witness something to have access to data.
Arsenal was where Henry spent majority of his peak years, yet he won 5 trophies. Many people won't even know this unless they do a research cos of all the hype about him. Just like it can be shocking that Wenger only won 3 EPL titles in more than two decades at arsenal.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by udemzyudex(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You don’t get. The was just to tackle what the guy said.

Since he was trying to use UCL, I had to remind him that Henry won World Cup and Euros.

Like he shouldn’t use team achievements to compare them but if he wants to go that route, let me also drop Henry’s achievements with his team.

Oh okay cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Ximenez(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
dadabashua1:
you seems to know more than me,for you to boldly say Eto has more trophies,most of you thinks football started when you started watching football? grin grin from this you and pick up trophies won,and I can tell you not all were even captured here.
Haba just take a look at what you uploaded.
WTF is "world cup participant" "Euro participant" Do they count as trophies too?
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ximenez:

Nawa for you.
I'm even trying to flow with your narrative that you are old, yet you still don't get the point.
Like i said before, you don't necessarily have to witness something to have access to data.
Arsenal was where Henry spent majority of his peak years, yet he won 5 trophies. Many people won't even know this unless they do a research cos of all the hype about him. Just like it can be shocking that Wenger only won 3 EPL titles in more than two decades at arsenal.
I understand what you are saying o,don't get it wrong,I'm just saying most folks talks about a player or what they think he is base on what they see online or watch on you tube,not base on the fact that they have seen him play,you will have to agree with me,80% of soccer fans today mostly knows about Messi and Ronaldo, even the likes of Ronaldo de Lima,Raul,Zidane, Figo,Baggio etc,they know little or nothing about them,let's say anything from 1990-1998 most don't know much of players that were making headway then.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ximenez:

Haba just take a look at what you uploaded.
WTF is "world cup participant" "Euro participant" Do they count as trophies too?
I didn't tell you that's trophies, I said look from this list you will have an idea of trophies he has won.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by niccolomakavell: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2022
ThierryJay:

That's the only area where Eto has made more impact than Henry but that's just only a couple of games and cannot be used solely to assess how good a player has been over hundreds of games.

To use your logic, Drogba has scored in way more finals than Eto'o, yet Eto'o is clearly rated above him. If only records in finals were used, then Drogba would be even a better player than Cristiano.

I agree with you regards Drogba's record in finals but pls don't disrespect ronaldo. He's the only player to have scored in 3 finals in the CL, the fa Cup final, copa del rey finals, fifa club World Cup finals, super Cup finals, etc etc. So yes Drogba was magnificent in finals but his record still pales to cristiano's by quite a lot I'd say
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Cybertext(m): 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2022
Benchilwell:
eto better than Henry,u smoke cow milk, u are using champion league for example,that mean Modric 5 times champion league winner is better then zidane who won only one champion league trophy like Henry.

That guy was capping.... Even the R9 he was comparing Eto with didn't win UCL

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Cybertext(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
Scarletjr:
Na him own opinions buh anelka na overall player who igwe is a goal getter

You are capping... How many free kicks, assist, solo goals does Anelka have .. talk more of Eto self... Forget the tapping goals

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by ogbonti: 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You wan go that route?

Henry na Euros and World Cup winner
2 times UCL winner too

How is Eto better?

Any European Golden Boot?
How many La liga top scorer?
How many nomination for FIFA Best him get?

Champions league na team achievement not individual……anybody fit win UCL

Pedro don win WC, Euros, UCL, La liga, EPL and other trophies…. Does that mean he’s better than Ibrahimovic?

Interms of trophies, Henry is better sef…. So Wetin u dey yan?

ok wait let’s go that route

Eto has 2 African Nations Cup trophy
Eto has One Olympic gold medal
Took Mallorca from Relegation zone to Euro
Eto has3 Champions League Win
Eto has Pichichi wins
Eto won a Treble twice at Barcelona
Eto won a Treble once at Inter milan
Treble = Champions League, League FA Cup
EVEN Henry once said
Eto won Champions league with 2 clubs
Henry could not make Arsenal win one
He had to come to Barca at their peak to win it

Even Thierry Henry once said, “If Eto’s name was Etodinho, that is if Eto was Brazilian- he would have won the Ballon D’Or” ….. because Eto was playing quality football that was out of this world at his peak!

Although Eto didn’t win the world cup does not mean, individually he was not an excellent player and among the world immortals of the beautiful game - Or because Messi didn’t win the world cup you want to conclude Fernando Torres who won the world cup with spain is a better player than Messi ? The comparison doesn’t work that way …

If Thierry Henry had played International football for Guadeloupe where his parents are from originally, will he single handedly be able win the world cup for Guadeloupe ? so let’s stop rating Eto less because of Cameroun’s inability to win the world cup like France….

When Henry won the the world cup in 1998, was he an outstanding player who scored important goals to win that tournament ? nope

it was the likes of Zinedine Zidane (Zizou) Stefan Guivarch, Lilian Thuram, Christian Karenbeau and others including Henry that shared the goals on their way to win the world cup

please respect your own African brother Eto

Even Didier Drogba was better than Thiery

If he played in France National Teeam, Drogba at his peak will bench Henry at his peak

If Eto played for France at his peak he will bench Henry at his peak

Anelka was a better player - na stubbornness na him destroy him career - any black man signed by Real Madrid as a striker is not an ordinary person and when you are given regular play time as a black man playing that forward role at Madrid, you are a very very special player - and that was Nicolas Anelka

know this and know peace!

4 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2022
ogbonti:

ok wait let’s go that route

Eto has 2 African Nations Cup trophy
Eto has One Olympic gold medal
Took Mallorca from Relegation zone to Euro
Eto has3 Champions League Win
Eto has Pichichi wins
Eto won a Treble twice at Barcelona
Eto won a Treble once at Inter milan
Treble = Champions League, League FA Cup
EVEN Henry once said

If Eto’s name was Etodinho, that is if Eto was Brazilian- he would have won the Ballon D’Or because Eto was playing out of this world at his peak

beachside he didn’t win the world cup does not mean he was not an excellent player and among the world immortals of the beautiful game - If Thierry Henry played for Guadeloupe where his parents are from will he single handedly win the world cup for Guadeloupe ?

When Henry won the the world cup in 1998, was he a key player who scored important goals to win that tournament ? nope

it was the likes of Zinedine Zidane (Zizou) Stefan Guivarch, Lilian Thurman, Christian Karenbeau and others that shared the goals so

please respect your won African brother

Even Didier Drogba was better than Thiery He ur

If he played in France National Teeam, Drogba at his peak will bench Henry at his peak

If Eto played for France at his peak he will bench Henry at his peak

Anelka was a better player - na stubbornness na him destroy him career - any black man signed by Real Madrid as a striker is not an ordinary person and when you are given regular play time as a black man playing that forward role at Madrid, you are a very very special player - and that was Nicolas Anelka

know this and know peace!
when Henry won the world Cup,pls remind who was France highest goal scorer in the tournament? So a player that scored the highest goals for the country is not key right? This is what I was saying most people are using Internet to pass judgement while some of us watched this guys playing days live and direct, I'm sure you just learnt today that Henry was France highest goal scorer are the tournament,behind folks like bastistuta and Davor suker of Croatia grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Jokerman(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2022
Pinterest:

No dey use team achievements rate players. That’s why some people still think Ronaldo is a better player than Messi.
So dribbling is the only quality of a footballer?
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Pinterest: 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
Jokerman:

So dribbling is the only quality of a footballer?

Messi does more than dribbling btw
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by koolguy88(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
For him mind, abi
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Mrfixitt(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Cameroon mind grin grin

I can’t imagine how big Eto think of himself for him to even say, Henry is not on his level.

One day e fit even say Aubameyang better pass Henry
I think he has resentment for Henry. Eben the blind know He na senior man for the round leather game

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Agent17th: 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You wan go that route?

Henry na Euros and World Cup winner
2 times UCL winner too

How is Eto better?

Any European Golden Boot?
How many La liga top scorer?
How many nomination for FIFA Best him get?

Champions league na team achievement not individual……anybody fit win UCL

Pedro don win WC, Euros, UCL, La liga, EPL and other trophies…. Does that mean he’s better than Ibrahimovic?

Interms of trophies, Henry is better sef…. So Wetin u dey yan?

Henry has one UCL thou
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by dadabashua1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mrfixitt:
I think he has resentment for Henry. Eben the blind know He na senior man for the round leather game
yes is like he never liked the guy due to the praise and hype Henry has gotten in world football,which in all honesty he deserved,so I call it a well deserved hype.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Celebrates His Mother, Shares Adorable Photos With Her / 10 Facts About Nwankwo Kanu As He Celebrate His 42nd Birthday Today (photos) / Villarreal Award Samuel Chukwueze As Best Breakout Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.