Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom (3436 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Nigerian Woman Reconciled With Her Husband On His Sick Bed The Same Day He Died / Man Brings Home His 11yr Old Secret Son To His Wife Of 13yrs (pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by finishmatter: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2022
Let's face it!

A mother generally loves you no matter what horrors you commit. She would even take a bullet for you while your wife is more likely to put a bullet IN you.

A mother's love is generally unconditional. A wife's love has conditions - one slip up and you could find yourself on your backside.

A mother still loves you even after you fall in love with your wife.

A mom is a mom forever!!!.

But how does it feel if you have to beg your wife to bring your sick mom to your house for care

https://punchng.com/winning-marriage-battle/

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by fyzaila: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2022
The wife is very insensitive. Shouldn't your husband's mum be like your mum? Unless he is not the only breadwinner of the house or he is plainly a SIMP
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2022
The question is, who's gonna care for the mother when she finally comes to the house? her son, or her daughter-in-law
finishmatter:
Let's face it!

A mother generally loves you no matter what horrors you commit. She would even take a bullet for you while your wife is more likely to put a bullet IN you.

A mother's love is generally unconditional. A wife's love has conditions - one slip up and you could find yourself on your backside.

But how does it feel if you have to beg your wife to bring your sick mom to your house for care

13 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Cutehector(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:
The question is, who's gonna care for the mother when she finally comes to the house? her son, or her daughter-in-law
would you be asking this silly question if your sick mum wanted to come over?

6 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
If I bring my own mother over, it means I'll be the one taking care of her.

If the son will be the one taking care of his mother too, then he can bring her over.
Cutehector:
would you be asking this silly question if your sick mum wanted to come over?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by cooooooks(m): 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2022
I know a couple of PhD students in Nigeria who are working on papers/theses for elder care.

We have a handful of elder care homes but they lack money and can only take few people. We need massive investment in these. As health access increases, people will live longer. Not all will have children/families to go to. Some with families also can't go to them.

Samantha123:

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by cooooooks(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2022
Marriage na 2 of una don become one.

I detest this mindset. BOTH of you should care for each other's parents, if you both decide to care for them.

I see nothing wrong in divorcing over this elderly or ill parent (or other close relative) issue.

Samantha123:

If the son will be the one taking care of his mother too, then he can bring her over.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Cutehector(m): 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:

wahala for this generation! No wonder yall are not marriageable.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2022
Either I'm gonna hire a professional to look after my mother when she gets old, or I'll take her to an elderly care home nearby where I'll be staying, so I could visit her every week.

Elderly people can be very tiring and irritating, trust me when I say you wouldn't want to live with any of them.

Ever since my grandmother moved into our family house, there has not been any peace.. she managed to turn her own daughter's kids against each other and she'd insult my mother, her daughter whenever she does something she doesn't like.

Mom is even praying for her mother's demise because she's tired.
cooooooks:
I know a couple of PhD students in Nigeria who are working on papers/theses for elder care.

We have a handful of elder care homes but they lack money and can only take few people. We need massive investment in these. As health access increases, people will live longer. Not all will have children/families to go to. Some with families also can't go to them.

4 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2022
I'll sign those divorce papers with pleasure.

The issue is that he'll bring his mother into the house and expect me to take care of her, if her condition gets worse and she dies under my care, his family will start accusing me of killing her when they wanted nothing to do with her when she was still alive and sick.

They can even manage to convince my husband to kick me out of the house.

So, I've made a choice to never look after anyone else's mother.. If she has daughters, she should go to them.. but if she only has sons, then the sons will have to make a plan.
cooooooks:

I detest this mindset. BOTH of you should care for each other's parents, if you both decide to care for them.

I see nothing wrong in divorcing over this elderly or ill parent (or other close relative) issue.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2022
Would you take care of my sick mother if I bring her over?
Cutehector:

13 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by cooooooks(m): 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
That is perfectly fine to be your red line. Hopefully, you communicate these red lines before marriage.

Samantha123:
I'll sign those divorce papers with pleasure.

The issue is that he'll bring his mother into the house and expect me to take care of her, if her condition gets worse and she dies under my care, his family will start accusing me of killing her when they wanted nothing to do with her when she was still alive and sick.

They can even manage to convince my husband to kick me out of the house.

So, I've made a choice to never look after anyone else's mother.. If she has daughters, she should go to them.. but if she only has sons, then the sons will have to make a plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
I will.

And I'd advice you to never bring your mother into your matrimonial home to live with you guys too if you want to enjoy your marriage with your wife and have peace of mind.

We women in general have issues, whether young or old.
cooooooks:
That is perfectly fine to be your red line. Hopefully, you communicate these red lines before marriage.

8 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:

Don't bother about marriage 'cos you may run into problems.

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2022
Fortunately, where I'm from it's considered unacceptable for a daughter in law to look after her mother-in-law, if she has daughters.

When she gets old and can't properly look after herself, she's expected to go to any of her daughters' house, if she doesn't have any, it's her last born son's wife that's expected to look after her.. And I've never liked dating last borns or only sons.
Acidosis:

Don't bother about marriage then cos you might run into problems.

3 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by cooooooks(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2022
The funny thing is that I don't disagree. Not just on the discomfort or inconvenience front. Also, it is usually better care when there are professionals, opportunity to socialize, etc.

However, a hard rule, with the threat of divorce, needs to be stated clearly from the get go. Especially by some people who then change the rules when the shoe's on the other feet.

Samantha123:
I will.

And I'd advice you to never bring your mother into your matrimonial home to live with you guys too if you want to enjoy your marriage with your wife and have peace of mind.

We women in general have issues, whether young or old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2022
Well, my mother has already told us to either hire someone to look after her when she gets old or take her to an elderly home care because she could see how her own mother has been giving her a difficult time and causing division in the house.

She doesn't want to give us a difficult time too when she gets old.

Had it been our grandmother was living with her daughter in law, she'd have turned the entire family against her because that old woman can lie and cause tension in the house.
cooooooks:
The funny thing is that I don't disagree. Not just on the discomfort or inconvenience front. Also, it is usually better care when there are professionals, opportunity to socialize, etc.

However, a hard rule, with the threat of divorce, needs to be stated clearly from the get go. Especially by some people who then change the rules when the shoe's on the other feet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by cooooooks(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
That is the particular woman's issue. Are all old people terrible to family? No.
Samantha123:
Well, my mother has already told us to either hire someone to look after her when she gets old or take her to an elderly home care because she could see how her own mother has been giving her a difficult time and causing division in the house.

She doesn't want to give us a difficult time too when she gets old.

Had it been our grandmother was living with her daughter in law, she'd have turned the entire family against her because that old woman can lie and cause tension in the house.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
Most of them are terrible.

The older they get, the terrible they become.

Most people living with their elderly parents are always complaining about them, especially their mothers.
cooooooks:
That is the particular woman's issue. Are all old people terrible to family? No.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by gbadexy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
Na wa o. Giving toxic dysfunctional a whole new meaning.
What people say all in the name of being woke is mind boggling but then each to his/her own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ObiaboAdoka(m): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:
Either I'm gonna hire a professional to look after my mother when she gets old, or I'll take her to an elderly care home nearby where I'll be staying, so I could visit her every week.

Elderly people can be very tiring and irritating, trust me when I say you wouldn't want to live with any of them.

Ever since my grandmother moved into our family house, there has not been any peace.. she managed to turn her own daughter's kids against each other and she'd insult my mother, her daughter whenever she does something she doesn't like.

Mom is even praying for her mother's demise because she's tired.
Young lady remember one day u will also become a mother in-law oo. As For me, i don't need my wife consent to bring my mom to stay with us period.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2022
Yes, I'm gonna be a mother in law, but I'll either stay in an elderly home care or with one of my daughters.

Make sure you take care of that mother of yours because it's not your wife's responsibility to do so.
ObiaboAdoka:

Young lady remember one day u will also become a mother in-law oo. As For me, i don't need my wife consent to bring my mom to stay with us period.

10 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by frozen70(f): 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
finishmatter:
Let's face it!

For a man to beg his wife for him to bring his mother
The man already failed right from day one of that false marriage

I don't want to talk about the wife because she must have been going through alot and decided not to allow her mother in law to come around just to punish her husband

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2022
Cutehector:

Take care of your own mother you ingrate. You think your wife is your maid?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
cooooooks:

If you pack your mama sh1t by yourself, your hand go bend?

Divorce na. Na you go still care for your mama las las.

8 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
ObiaboAdoka:

Marry your mama. Easier that way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:

Good question. I am certain he went mute. The Ingrate can't take care of his own mother.

7 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2022
grin grin grin
VenumX:

Good question. I am certain he went mute. A
Ingrate can't take care of his own mother.

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 8:39pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:
Fortunately, where I'm from it's considered unacceptable for a daughter in law to look after her mother-in-law, if she has daughters.

When she gets old and can't properly look after herself, she's expected to go to any of her daughters' house, if she doesn't have any, it's her last born son's wife that's expected to look after her.. And I've never liked dating last borns or only sons.

Your culture is bullsh*t but most importantly, make sure you marry a man from your village to avoid running into more troubles.

3 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:
Yes, I'm gonna be a mother in law, but I'll either stay in an elderly home care or with one of my daughters.

Make sure you take care of that mother of yours because it's not your wife's responsibility to do so.

What if, in your son-in-law's family, mother in law's like you are not allowed? Think about it.

Rather than dwell in your inhumane culture, why don't you examine the issue from a more humanistic viewpoint?

If your mother in-law cannot live in her own son's house, it's only proper to stay away from marriage. No responsible man will listen to your cultural bullcrap and date you for the right reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:

This is a lazy man talk. Men who accommodate their mother, more often than not, have enough to hire a maid.

So what are you "taking care of..?" Are you a nurse?

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
Please, learn to respect other people's cultures.

That's why you have tribalism in Nigeria, you don't respect each other's cultures.

Fortunately, where I'm from most of our cultures are similar.. so, I can marry anywhere in the country.

But I'll still let the guy know when we're still dating.
Acidosis:

Your culture is bullsh*t but most importantly, make sure you marry a man from your village to avoid running to more troubles.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Give Birth To A Baby Boy Unleashed / Granny 72, Having A Baby With Her Grand-son / The Hate For Single Moms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.