Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) (44283 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Truths9ja: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2023
Why I won't allow my brother to bring his wife abroad- Nigerian lady, Arike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QHw6D1hnJA?si=OXnY7YKcNk5emUq9

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Truths9ja: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2023
Hmm 🤔. Na true talk ooo

“Why I Won’t Allow My Brother To Bring A Wife From Nigeria”- Woman Voices [Video]

Nigerian woman has caused a clash of opinions online after she explained why she won’t support her brother if he wants to get married to a lady based in Nigeria and take her overseas.

According to her, she doesn’t want her brother to end up in a mental institution as a result of heartbreak, as many of those women based in Nigeria and lucky to land ‘abroad husbands’ —according to the poster— are heartless.

The angry narrator
The angry lady went on to advise men to strive to sign a prenuptial agreement before they tie the knot with their prospective wives.

“Marriage is now a business”, she said.

Many Nigerians didn’t agree with the Nigerian woman, who claimed to have put herself in the shoes of a typical Nigerian man.

“Then marry your brother, matchew”, a Nigerian, Ido Ekong slammed the lady.

“Everybody have different experiences sha”, another netizen, De Bishop explained, waving away the poster’s explanation as a personal opinion —which it is.

https://sabiradio.com/why-i-wont-allow-my-brother-to-bring-a-wife-from-nigeria-woman-voices-video/

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Truths9ja: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2023
She talk the truths and nothing but the truths here jare.

219 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by cathodekazim: 10:07am On Nov 11, 2023
The truth is the western culture is already influencing Nigerian women even here in Nigeria. The new generation of women and mothers we have are not even 10 percent submissive. Now imagine these ladies finding themselves in a country that gives women too much power. It'll surely be abused and this is more reason why Nigeria men who took their wives abroad kept regretting such decision.

235 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by SIXTEENTH(m): 10:07am On Nov 11, 2023
They won't hear

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by JASONjnr(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2023
This is the point.....

Everyone is looking for a greener pasture to change not just their story but their family's story.

Marrying a woman back home and wanting her to come around while you go to work to provide for her and your kids, as a Nigerian is a deadly trap.

You will always love to regret it.

Marriage is against men in Europe.

151 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mindlog: 10:33am On Nov 11, 2023
Another crap!

She should rather advise the brother to marry a woman in the Country where he resides, make person hear word!

If the brother is a prize, make the women in that country rush am!

I told one here in the UK, you already have the skilled worker visa that is a sure pathway to British citizenship, then he should be open to marrying a lady already here in the UK with her own papers, so none would accuse each other of being in the relationship because of papers.

Same Uncle, who when he was a Masters student was always yabbing that marrying a Nigerian woman and bringing her over to the UK is suicide mission, is now developing cold feet getting into a serious relationship and marrying one from the millions of women from different parts of the world living in the UK.....there is always an excuse! Marry a Nigerian lady based here in the UK....NO, because they are too liberated and there would be "power struggle" in the marriage! Marry an Asian lady, he came up with excuses. Marry a lady from the Caribbean, he said those ones are streets. Oya, marry a Caucasian British whey go gree for you....brother man went mute! cheesy cheesy cheesy

His WhatsApp status, regularly have pictures of a particular Nigerian lady who I guess is based in Delta State based on the taxis I have seen in the background, he is already talking about getting an apartment that is bigger....I still dey observe. cheesy cheesy cheesy

155 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by descarado: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2023
cathodekazim:
The truth is the western culture is already influencing Nigerian women even here in Nigeria. The new generation of women and mothers we have are not even 10 percent submissive. Now imagine these ladies finding themselves in a country that gives women too much power. It'll surely be abused and this is more reason why Nigeria men who took their wives abroad kept regretting such decision.
The way people with low self esteem throw submission around like it's a trophy.
Marriage is no longer partnership but slave and master.
If you have low self esteem, you will value submission from everybody around you including your parents.

The word is not even supposed to come out of anybody's mouth in this era.

Unless we are in another episode of slave trade which we don't know about.

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Boogyman557: 10:46am On Nov 11, 2023
Holly Gram cool At least na woman de CAP dis matters!

If una like make una no hear!

As for me, nothing concern me..

I de ASHAWOO house like dis..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Jman06(m): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Truer words have never been spoken

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Nextt: 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2023
I understand her reasons. She won't be the first or last person to walk that path of opinion just to save her loved one from perishing in a sea of tears of regret over bringing his spouse to the foreign land where he stays.

Everyone is not the same. An evil woman (or man) will always be evil and ungrateful whatever sacrifices you make for them.

This lady is quite exposed. She advocated prenup to insure the man against heavyweight losses occasioned by possible future separation. I would add a post-nuptial agreement for those who missed this. Marriage is business.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by ThunderFireAgba: 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2023
I didn't say anything, but within their mind they know. Guilty conscience is bad.
Watch as they will quote me.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jirol: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
There is an atom of truth in what she said

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Dennisochampa: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
So if your brother dey abroad.... And conji hold am... Make e fly come Nigeria come knack and go back or cheat on his wife?
I no blame you Sha... Na your useless brother wen deh listen to who dey think with her anus I blame....

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by RajahBaltazar: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
Every girl wants a man who spends on her lavishly but will never allow her brother to do the same for another woman.
When you want to know the truth, know what she will allow her brother to do. All the girls that will come here to thrash her opinion will not their own brothers make the same mistake. Be wise, my brothers.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Tjra: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
No issues

Make your brother marry abroad based woman na. Simple

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Passionate888: 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
sad
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by BarrElChapo(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
Men una don hear am na 🤔

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Exceed15: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
She's 100% correct. It's a lifetime mistake that ruin a man. Many have become destitute as a result of this.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Masterito(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
I live with my wife in the UK, so does more than 10 friends of mine. Know who you dey marry first.
Truths9ja:
She talk the truths and nothing but the truths here jare.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Gidigrav(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
I will run dna foe my children and again bringing wife abroad we have to sign some under takings

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by FuckingMachine: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
I want to thank her with hot Bleep for this. Does anyone have her number or handle?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by franchasofficia: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
My advice to all single men is this:

Whether you live in Nigeria or abroad, whenever you want to marry, marry a good lady that have human conscience.

A good lady with human conscience can never do certain things against the man that made some sacrifices for her.

Only soulless, selfish ladies do all those things.

At least 90% of my closest friends live abroad and most married ladies in Nigeria and took them abroad with them, and all of them are living happily abroad with no negative stories.

Another thing is this, as a man living abroad, don't lie to ladies in Nigeria of your none existent rich status abroad when you know you are working hourly from hand to mouth and not really a big earner abroad like you made her believe because if she gets there and finds out that you are doing odd jobs or doing unprofessional job and now want to use her own career as maybe a nurse or medic or another big paying profession to uplift your sorry state so that she will be working while you will be spending it in the name of you brought her abroad, Oga it will not work, she go wise up, so know it now and abort that mission!

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by FitCorper: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nothing and I repeat nothing will ever make me relocate and live permanently abroad except it’s just for vacations. Nigeria too sweet and right now the future looks extremely bright for Nigeria. God bless our beautiful Nigerian ladies and God bless Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by sylve11: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
@op, was it not this same girl who said she would worship her husband?

If yes, op, kindly return my data before I curse you for 70000 years. sad grin cool

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jaxxy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
when subjugate ur wife like she's an glorified house girl why would do such a stupid thing. undecided
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Hambivert: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
Give most of this same people the same dish they want others to eat, they would throw a tantrum.

Although all women are different, all women are the same.
Mr. Lover Lover, use ya head!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by nanauju(f): 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Couldntfigurean: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
My uncle took a village girl to the USA as a wife
After staying for years,she made friends with some women who adviced that she divorced him,She sued the man for everything he had and is worth,the man died homeless in the streets of America
She told the kids that they are Americans and never lets anybody near or contact the kids

Both families(hers and her husband’s) are waiting for her in Nigeria

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Leave Your Man For Having Too Many Partners: Man Advises Women. (photos) / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.