Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? (32987 Views)

Green Snake Under The Green Grass / From Grace To Grass(my True Life Story). Learn From My Experience. / Grass To Grace To Grass Again. (my True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by 2Radii: 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
Omoapena:
What do you consider as grace?

Me, I've never tasted grace before but my grass has been fluctuating, like grass to grasses and back to grass grin
Alaye why na grin grin grin angry grin grin
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Cutehector(m): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
Adekaka12345:

It's so possible bro....
ok
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by DadaHammed: 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mekanus:
Kai, this one strong. That's why parents should always train their children to be self reliant no matter the amount of wealth they may have gathered. No one knows when death will come.

I will be forever grateful to my Dad for this. Since I entered sec school over 25 years ago, I have never spent more than 2 months at a stretch in my father's house.

8 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Gadalo1990: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
jeslom:
If I start to talk I won 40 million with 40,000 Naira on sportybet , I felt invincible . I started carrying all the prostitutes I could think of, send money to all those begging me , bought a car and living the lavish life put 20 million Naira back to betting and I can categorically tell you that I lost it all . Now all the friends I gathered in the win days has left me and my rickety camry alone..
Oga Mi Abeg Make I Get Ya Numba. I Want Talk To You. I No Fit Helb O Tho I Wizh I Can
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Atm99(m): 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:
Have you ever gone from grace to grass then back to grace again?

Please come in and share your story for some of us to learn because it seems I am finding it hard to get back to my glory days.

Don't give - up, just continued to do the right things. All this shall pass
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sochieke:
3 years ago I was basically a King from 2018 to 2019. I was doing my MBA in Zurich Switzerland, the most expensive city in the world. I was young at 24 to 25 years. Before that I was in Malaysia doing a levels and Bsc between 2010 and 2017 plus gap years I took.

Malaysia is less expensive than Switzerland but its not really that cheap because I lived in the capital (Kuala Lumpur). 2 of my sisters were also studying together with me. All financed by my father

All funded by my late father. My school fees in switzerland was 33,000 swiss francs and 25,000 swiss francs for living expenses for 1 year. Together everything then was about almost 40 million naira for a year.

While I was there I didn't try to find a job until it was too late (permit was expiring). Before that I'd never worked a day in my life before.

Basically I lived a life of luxury and everything came crashing down

I left switzerland in December 2019, didn't finish my MBA. No funds. Dad's burial took almost everything . family was in so much debt. Its crazy

Dad died few days I was supposed to leave for switzerland (he was old enough 95 years).

Anyway countdown three years later. I'm doing POS business in Lagos. I tried dispatch business but I stopped after 6 months unable to find quality riders and the Daily headaches.

Back to your question on grace to grass.

I used to travel a most every 2 weeks when I was in Switzerland. I've been to France, Germany, London, Dubai for holidays before and now I do a POS business. Its funny because i could be insulted by people wey never cross third mainland bridge before in tjis POS business but it makes me laugh though. I don't beat myself up.

If I tell people say I from.Switzerland, dem no go believe.

Tried to get a job but no positions.

I regret certain things I did. I was too comfortable that I didn't even try to get a job until it was too late.

I regret certain actions. I wished I could change things but I've moved on. Om working hard to see what I can do to rebuild. I believe if God gives me life I can go back to my former lifestyle with improvements

I'm trying to see if I can go back cheaper place like Canada or others, getting help from sister.

Picture attached was my swiss visa.

Hannania see why I told you that Switzerland is a useless country to immigrate to for any sort of thing. It's only a good country for citizens o. Even to study there for free I no take.

For graduate school, prioritize countries that give PR easily over school ranking. Anything fit happen o.

11 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Pathfinder2090: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
I never see grace, na grass I don know all my life, but by his grace, I'm gradually moving to grace and never coming back...

Bro, you got laughing like a mad man here.

1 Like

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by TaoBalinga: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
manuelkel:
I've not had such experience, but I want to dedicate this post to my dear friend.
A young boy who was so lucky to cash $35k 2years ago. Do you know that kind of stuff like when you've about #12m plus in your account and all of a sudden it's gone? He was with me ever since such peril, I really want to recommend him for being strong even when he got so depressed but still stood strong. I want him to know, huge funds will come. Stay solid bro cool

ur guy chop benefit grin grin
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Magnumproperty: 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
No matter what never give up. Things fell apart finally the year after covid. I nearly kill myself when I sold everything I laboured for in order to settle debts. I was supposed to vacate the flat I was staying since I couldn't afford the rent but I was using strong head to pay the rent until I reach my equilibrium point.
I had to go back to a room apartment to start over again. I picked up a salary job since my real estate business isn't doing well again.
I moved to a face me and face u apartment. A colleague of mine introduced me to an organization on the island where I got my current job and the pay is ok. Things are getting better now. I'm paying my debts bit by bit.
When you observe that income is not flowing like before, cut down your expenses. Don't feel ashame to cut down all minor expenses.
You can even go as far as changing your apartment to a lower one you can afford until things get better.
Don't try to impress anybody. Don't give room to depression, though it's not easy. Don't listen to what people are saying concerning your 'grass level'. If possible relocate. I had to relocate the island for a greener pasture.
And when things stary getting better, remember those things that threw you off balance and never go back to them again.
Real estate is a big business on the island. I'm still trying to study the environment, build consistent network and gather enough savings. Get a good phone before venturing into the business here.
Lest I forget; talk to people around you, share little of what you are passing through to people around. Someone might have the connection you need. A closed mouth is a closed destiny.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by cobby14(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2022
I can’t call it grace to grass cos I’ve accepted reality. Lost my second car I bought in 2016 and everything. I replaced everything I lost in 2020 and fast forward to now,you will see me in a flashy car but I no chop(at least not yet). One thing I’ve learnt now is money which does not work,do not multiply. Even if given a million dollar it will still run down to zero, unless you put it to work.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Sochieke: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Hannania see why I told you that Switzerland is a useless country to immigrate to for any sort of thing. It's only a good country for citizens o. Even to study there for free I no take.

For graduate school, prioritize countries that give PR easily over school ranking. Anything fit happen o.

I just dey regret why I no go USA or Canada. Switzerland is more expensive than those countries and den they give PR.

My rent for student house in Zurich for just a room was 1 million naira per month. 12 million per year. That's just 1 year. Shared bathroom, toilet and kitchen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Etiyeokwe: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
jeslom:
If I start to talk I won 40 million with 40,000 Naira on sportybet , I felt invincible . I started carrying all the prostitutes I could think of, send money to all those begging me , bought a car and living the lavish life put 20 million Naira back to betting and I can categorically tell you that I lost it all . Now all the friends I gathered in the win days has left me and my rickety camry alone..

Bro....is this real?
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by GoldenqueenC(f): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
It's well,have been in grass for long,sometimes grasses,hoping to move from grass to grace one day.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sochieke:

I just dey regret why I no go USA or Canada. Switzerland is more expensive than those countries and den they give PR.

My rent for student house in Zurich for just a room was 1 million naira per month. 12 million per year. That's just 1 year. Shared bathroom, toilet and kitchen

Damn na wa o what a waste if you went to Canada then you would have had your PR.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Raynald: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
tradingknowled1:
Only someone that made quick money, an employer that didn't use his or her Salary very well or A businessman with some business accident can go from Grace to grass..

if you have a highly profitable or high income skill, I doubt if you will go from Grace to grass.

meanwhile

I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship program

feel free to PM me if interested
Bro i lost 50k to this after learning it during this strike
Guide me
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by pinkylipsguy: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:
Have you ever gone from grace to grass then back to grace again?

Please come in and share your story for some of us to learn because it seems I am finding it hard to get back to my glory days.

Yes I have big time and more than once self, mine was first from grass to grace then back to grass and then from that grass back to grace again and coming back to grass again but now I give thanks to God.

Instead of me focusing on the details of how they happen let me go straight and tell the lessons I tearfully learnt. That you can learn from and maybe apply too if you have open mind so as to get out from this.

First:- Success is more spiritual than physical. Believe whatever you want but this is the ultimate truth. The success you don't first of all achieved first in the spirit realm you can never achieve in the physical. Go and check it, all rich men are very spiritual or had previously been very spiritual before being rich. Or they have very spiritual people that they are very close to that they inherit their legacy or benefit from their legacy. They could be satanist, Buddhist, Traditionalist, Muslims or Christians. It is no accident that most if not all of the richest people on earth are either Jews, Arabs, Christians or follower of their spiritual routines either secretly or openly. And those who claim to be atheist or scientist they already inherit this their blood through their common father Abraham.

Second:- Every Family has a hidden spiritual debt that destroys success continuously until it is paid. And this can only be paid through rendering certain spiritual service or through living certain spiritual lifestyle continuously together with hustling. Have you discover yours and paid it and/or paying it?

Third:- The best way to pay the above family spiritual debt is through spiritual righteous lifestyle and not ritual killings be it human or animal. Ritual killing only delays the inevitable in a worst form. The key word is, "righteous lifestyle" that is based on your conscious findings about your family and your own situation together with rules for living of tested and trusted religion of your choice and not mare copy and paste of other peoples' lifestyles.

Fourth:- All the findings from the above should always be foremost in the thoughts, words and actions in combination with physical hustles. They should be like guiding compass to guide you in your ways and manner to go about the physical hustle. And watch as you will gradually start to make way back to grace.

And talking about hustle, if you find this comment helpful do not forget to reach out to me for your home cleaning services on zero eight one three one one three six zero seven six.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by manchyme: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
Coolis:
If I am alive today, then it's because of the words of hope and encouragement l read on nairaland . 42 of age, no wife, no children, no good means of livelihood. From 2013 to 2019, used to have a car and can boast of couple of millions but eating decent meal today is a challenge. I lost my car to COVID 19, tried my hands on one online business or the other and ended up losing everything. Have been praying to God for a second chance.

It's not easy oooo, lost my job too April 27th 2020 in the heart of covid19. Didn't know the value of my job until I lost it. If only God can give me that same job again.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by OkoAmarashy: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
4teenblaq:
Yes,

We were living fine until scammers scammed me because of my greed. Til now, we have not recovered. I am just living waiting for the day everything will come to an end. Everything I put my hands on fails and I am already hopeless.

Avoid sex with wayward girls. They carry negative vibes.
Look for a skill people are willing to spend money on and try to tap into it.
Then, instead of waking up to open threads to insult Tinubu every day, look for how to better your life. Open threads on business and skills instead of insulting politicians. Good luck.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Thazard(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
Omoapena:
What do you consider as grace?

Me, I've never tasted grace before but my grass has been fluctuating, like grass to grasses and back to grass grin
cheesycheesycheesy But seriously,life is very hard for a Nigerian youth.

1 Like

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by onyxo76(m): 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
jeslom:

ol boy, 20m back into betting...that one strong o
Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by manchyme: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
Omoapena:

Wait a min, you had 40m and you lavish all shocked?

It's possible and as weird as it may sound, it can actually happen to anyone including gurus.
I know someone that was giving 40m between 2018 and 2020 and today to pay house rent na war. Bad business decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Sochieke: 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Damn na wa o what a waste if you went to Canada then you would have had your PR.

Dad advised me to go the Canada or USA since we had relatives there but the reason I went to Switzerland was I wanted to be close to the commodity trading industry there. Switzerland is a hub for commodity trading . I though I could make contacts with large commodity traders there like Vitol, Glencore and Trafigura.

I did make contacts, initially I wanted to start if as a broker or but when I went deeper I realized that I need even more money to do the business.

Basically an my carelessness cause am. I was too excited to want to be in Swiss commodity trading circle. I was too business oriented because I'd never worked a day in my life.

How my money take finish was I was flying around the world a lot. When I request for a meeting with some commodity traders, Them go make I come Hungary or Monaco or London for meeting and I go fly go there for like 1 hr meeting while juggling my studies. No much progress because it requires a lot of money even to be a broker.

Sha the experience was lovely, I just wished I made better decision

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by aydgov: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
The real composition of life is the interchange between the two grass to grace, grace to grass. Give no chance to depression and pessimism. No one is naturally given immunity against this interchange condition, and permanent recovery of grass to grace only meant for those who remain resilient to understand things behind their falling from grace to grass. Most importantly utilizing the lessons they got during the interchange, and even added more wisdom and idea so as to restore their lost glory and comfort with consolidation. There's a popular quote that says forget the mistakes and remember the lessons.
Finally, everything lies on your decision if you believe you can still rise and shine so be it, and if it is otherwise that's your decision. Don't forget that winners never give up. Another candid advice is that put all efforts and struggle in prayers because Our God is able and he is the commander in chief of everything on Earth and in heaven.
Change your mindset today and believe your recovery is unstoppable.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sochieke:

Dad advised me to go the Canada or USA since we had relatives there but the reason I went to Switzerland was I wanted to be close to the commodity trading industry there. Switzerland is a hub for commodity trading . I though I could make contacts with large commodity traders there like Vitol, Glencore and Trafigura.

I did make contacts, initially I wanted to start if as a broker or but when I went deeper I realized that I need even more money to do the business.

Basically an my carelessness cause am. I was too excited to want to be in Swiss commodity trading circle. I was too business oriented because I'd never worked a day in my life.

How my money take finish was I was flying around the world a lot. When I request for a meeting with some commodity traders, Them go make I come Hungary or Monaco or London for meeting and I go fly go there for like 1 hr meeting while juggling my studies. No much progress because it requires a lot of money even to be a broker.

Sha the experience was lovely, I just wished I made better decision

This is one of my greatest fears leaving Nigeria and not getting PR or citizenship and returning and being stranded. I used to be so obsessed with school rankings as a young adult but as I have grown older I don't care about them at all. I rather get my PR first even if it means an unknown school in a country that gives pr easily than a top ranked school degree. A swiss degree is completely useless in Nigeria except you are well connected.

13 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Princepioneer(m): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
This month of October makes it complete one year, I was duped and scammed cry cry cry cry cry, since then life has not been the same... Paying back the money and other necessary expenses has not been easy ...Av contemplated suicide on several occasions but considering what my parents could go through, I av a serious rethink... I need help urgently ..May God see me through.... cry cry cry cry cry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Martinez39s(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
Vadese1:
Am much confused. To think that at a younger age, I almost singlehandedly completed a church building for worshipping God. 80percent of the church project was finance by me. Today am living like nobody. This month make it Exactly 8 years that things went South.
Take heart, bro. We were all indoctrinated into various religions and superstitions growing up, thanks to our parents who should have known better. To varing degrees, we've all been victims of our ignorance and superstitions... sometimes, at the hands of crooked men (eg. clergies and spiritualists) who exploited these things.

Good thing is you are now awake. God is nonexistent; we are on our own; and there is no supernatural force from anywhere coming to bail anyone out. Cheers!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by mrfizy(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
Those that are suffering today,may have enjoyed in the past even when they did not realize they were enjoying. Those that are enjoying today may one day be suffering.And there are those that will be suffering a greater part of the time with drops of enjoyment here and there.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by Franking: 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Yes o. Poor planning and lack of support. Finally, I am to blame. I don't even care what happens anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by manchyme: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sochieke:
3 years ago I was basically a King from 2018 to 2019. I was doing my MBA in Zurich Switzerland, the most expensive city in the world. I was young at 24 to 25 years. Before that I was in Malaysia doing a levels and Bsc between 2010 and 2017 plus gap years I took.

Malaysia is less expensive than Switzerland but its not really that cheap because I lived in the capital (Kuala Lumpur). 2 of my sisters were also studying together with me. All financed by my father

All funded by my late father. My school fees in switzerland was 33,000 swiss francs and 25,000 swiss francs for living expenses for 1 year. Together everything then was about almost 40 million naira for a year.

While I was there I didn't try to find a job until it was too late (permit was expiring). Before that I'd never worked a day in my life before.

Basically I lived a life of luxury and everything came crashing down

I left switzerland in December 2019, didn't finish my MBA. No funds. Dad's burial took almost everything . family was in so much debt. Its crazy

Dad died few days I was supposed to leave for switzerland (he was old enough 95 years).

Anyway countdown three years later. I'm doing POS business in Lagos. I tried dispatch business but I stopped after 6 months unable to find quality riders and the Daily headaches.

Back to your question on grace to grass.

I used to travel a most every 2 weeks when I was in Switzerland. I've been to France, Germany, London, Dubai for holidays before and now I do a POS business. Its funny because i could be insulted by people wey never cross third mainland bridge before in tjis POS business but it makes me laugh though. I don't beat myself up.

If I tell people say I from.Switzerland, dem no go believe.

Tried to get a job but no positions.

I regret certain things I did. I was too comfortable that I didn't even try to get a job until it was too late.

I regret certain actions. I wished I could change things but I've moved on. Om working hard to see what I can do to rebuild. I believe if God gives me life I can go back to my former lifestyle with improvements

I'm trying to see if I can go back cheaper place like Canada or others, getting help from sister.

Picture attached was my swiss visa.

You're strong ooo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by fetrillion(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
The only thing that matter in this life is JESUS..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? by seanwilliam(m): 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Bombeverybody:
Bro...you asking this question shows you are currently facing a lot like 95% Nigerians. It has gotten to a point where living souls jealous the dead. People are not afraid to commit suicide, but the pressure afterlife that awaits anyone that kill himself is what makes it difficult. On grace to grass issue, life isn't like a bed of roses. What makes you fall to grass makes another one to fall into grace. Some people with good background started the life with an advantage due to them having someone that will guide,guard them, someone that always have their backs. This writer didn't know his mother , no siblings of maternal blood that I know of, which cost the writer so many things You cannot compare my achievement with someone that have a good mother at his back. There was a time I made some money, wanted to build a house, due to high rate of land grabbers in where I reside , I met my uncle, highly revered in my state, gave him money to get me a plot of land. I had it in mind that with him, everything will be smooth less I forget, he works in URP..urban and regional planning, this year make it 7th year I gave him 600k ..I no see land ooo.
Now tell me, would my mother have done such?
I can boldly that I'm one of the most current person in the Russian/Ukraine war...WHY?
I just want to hear that a nuke has been detonated and there is counter attack , with that, the end of the world will be near and faster than thought..

I’ll love to be your friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

JUNGLE JUSTICE: How I Would've Been Burnt For A Crime I Knew Nothing About / How Many Of These National Means Of Identification Do You Have? / Kenya's Trending #EyeWitnessChallenge: Top Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.