Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

"Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun (19217 Views)

Elesin Oba: The King’s Horseman Movie Review / Why "Elesin Oba" And "Anikulapo" Failed To Be Submitted For The 2023 Oscars / "The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Googledotcom: 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
babajeje123:
So boring a film
Boring is an understatement. I spent most time fast forwarding the movie every single minute.

1 Like

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Heterodox(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2022
dfrost:
I love this. Time to reinvent the wheel. We need to sell our history, culture to the world albeit with less emphasis on the diabolical aspect.
Diabolical is Africa.

That's the culture. Without it the black man is nothing.
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by JoshTim: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
I prefer agensinkole to Anikulapo and agensin ọba.

5 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Joanney: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
I'll definitely watch it later this weekend.
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by skondo09(m): 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
I haven't watched this o.. but I watched a naija movie yesterday, and I just loved it.. it's a comic by Toyin Aimahku..the ghost and touts..
If you liked it like me you can relate..

4 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Whois(m): 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
Just an average movie. Odunlade and diabolical movies sha. I Rate it 5/10 undecided
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by CEOKmotors: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
malali:
Ifeanyi Adeleke was autistic.
His death reeks of orchestration.
Societal stigma of rich wealthy people having autistic children should be softened.

#Autism speaks.

Una don come again.

Many Kids died from flood few weeks ago, but hypocritical Nigerians said nothing... Coz the child's father is rich and famous, y'all chasing clout with the child.

Let the boy rest in God, please!

4 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by liveyourlife007(m): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
They Sha want to compete with Anikulapo
We don't see Afolayan everyday in movies, but when he appears, we know it's a bomb.

Unlike this people that are always showing off.
From comedy to drama,to epics. They should learn how to Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor

2 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Pimine: 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:
I just finished watching the movie.
Two things that didn't go well.

1. When Elesin Oba was in detention, he spoke Yoruba to the white man. The white man responded in English. There was no interpreter.
Did the Traditional Yoruba chiefs who did not have western education understand English?
Did the White men who came to Yorubaland during that time understand Yoruba?

2. Just before Elesin climbed the table to hang himself with the chains on his hands, the white and his guards saw him.
He climbed, wrapped the chain around his neck, pushed the table down and the white man and his guards were still struggling to open the cell lock.
Meanwhile, when Iyaloja arrived, it took the white man less than 5 seconds to open the lock.
Even if it took that long to open the lock, the time was too short for Elesin to have died.
Not if his neck snaps

3 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by CheapHomes1: 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
stigmond:
Nice storyline... They'll did great. .. I love the camera picture though...

Na camera picture Dem de use now. Beautiful camera picture with lame storyline and delivery
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ànikulapo ís far better and interesting than it The dialogue in Anikulapo is deep and the theme is awesome.

1 Like

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by AYNL: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
JoshTim:
I prefer agensinkole to Anikulapo and agensin ọba.

God bless you

I've been saying it, if ageshinkole was a Netflix production

that movie would have gone places, more than anikulapo

3 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by membranus: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2022
The emotional display of Odunlade and the white couple in the last scenes where the Elesin Oba's foreign trained son died were too fakery, not convincing enough.

Moreover, the characters in the book itself and its emotional contents by Wole Soyinka are much more realistic than those displayed in the film.

So, I will give the film 6/10.

Also I noticed that sexual activities are now blatantly displayed in Yoruba films, like Anikulapo and this, and this is highly uncultural and disturbing.

5 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by dfrost: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2022
Heterodox:
Diabolical is Africa.

That's the culture. Without it the black man is nothing.

cheesy grin
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by malali: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2022
CEOKmotors:

Una don come again.

Many Kids died from flood few weeks ago, but hypocritical Nigerians said nothing... Coz the child's father is rich and famous, y'all chasing clout with the child.

Let the boy rest in God, please!

My friend I am not a clout chaser....I am an advocate for autism.

#Autism speaks
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Judolisco(m): 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2022
seanwilliam:
Like for anikulapo share for eleshinoba
anikulapo no pass any reasonable message... Na waste of precious time and waste of a lot of stars.... What a shame lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by aklion: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
For real he was or has been an autistic child?
malali:
Ifeanyi Adeleke was autistic.
His death reeks of orchestration.
Societal stigma of rich wealthy people having autistic children should be softened.

#Autism speaks.
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Bedotfarms: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
Good movie
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Judolisco(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
membranus:
The emotional display of Odunlade and the white couple in the last scenes where the Elesin Oba's foreign trained son died were too fakery, not convincing enough.

Moreover, the characters in the book itself and its emotional contents by Wole Soyinka are much more realistic than those displayed in the film.

Also I noticed that sexual activities are now blatantly displayed in Yoruba films, like Anikulapo and this, and this is highly uncultural and disturbing.
gone are d days u can comfortably seat with ur kids to watch movies.... Soworoide, agogo ewo, the narrow path etc.... All dis movies each scene passed a message unlike anikulapo, shola sobowala promiscuous nature was not punished anywhere in d movie, a supposed powerful bird was chased away with a small stick by a powerless female, saro was raped by a girl in Night.... Haaa omo d matter long but dat anikulapo na waste of my time

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by gannod(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
I will suggest reading the book before watching. I find it interesting maybe because I have read the book. Death and the king's horseman by Wole Soyinka.

1 Like

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by babajeje123(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
Googledotcom:
Boring is an understatement. I spent most time fast forwarding the movie every single minute.
I really anticipated its release. I slept of after 15 mins of watching. No Yoruba film is yet to beat King of Boys in my own opinion. Others are just trying
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by meedoLock(m): 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
Seriously, these guys are now producing movies that really worth it. The cultural revealing, the xcter exposures and the rich storylines are credit worthy.
The only 'but' is the sexual contents which is alien to Africa.

I mean this is a typical Yoruba home movie which kids can watch together with their parents at home. I know they are trying to make it more of international standard but it only diminish and ridicule its cultural richness. I rate them 8/10 though have not seen [b][/b]EleshinOba

2 Likes

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by GreatrAnalyst: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
I hope to see it this weekend.
I wouldn't want to read the plot until I have seen it.
Many are arguing for and against about the movie's plot and how interesting on Twitter.
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by abbeyfel: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
Gandah:
We already know how it ends...
It's always a happy end grin
This wasn't a happy ending. Don't jump to conclusion.
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by abbeyfel: 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
marimarempress:
Igbos where are you? No historical films with all the rich culture?
Must you go down that lane?
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by kponkedenge(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
I just finished watching this movie today on Netflix, and I'm coming to Nairaland to see it again.
Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by abbeyfel: 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
membranus:

So
Africans don't have sexual interactions or make love? If they do, then how is it a crime presenting it in our movies?

1 Like

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by abbeyfel: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
meedoLock:
Seriously, these guys are now producing movies that really worth it. The cultural revealing, the xcter exposures and the rich storylines are credit worthy.
The only 'but' is the sexual contents which is alien to Africa.

I mean this is a typical Yoruba home movie which kids can watch together with their parents at home. I know they are trying to make it more of international standard but it only diminish and ridicule its cultural richness. I rate them 8/10 though have not seen [b][/b]EleshinOba
So we don't have sex in Africa? If we are sexual beings like every other race, then why not include it in our movies, then rate it for mature viewers and emphasize its sexual contents! Hmmmm. Africans and hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by ayandee: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
membranus:

Your observation on observation on sexual activities is apt. I wanted my 12 year old to watch with us so he could at least see the display of culture (the dances, the beats and the proverbs). I had to stop him from watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Elesin Oba Passes Check On Cinematography, Storyline" - Shola-Adido Oladotun by Bacvvh7g: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
Let me teach you how to close greedy white clients, and Earn in dollars starting today with Instagram!!!
I've got Proofs attached too...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Premiere Of "Anyanwu Ututu": Pete Edochie, Patience Ozokwor, Rita Edochie Attend / Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood / BBTitans: My Father Labeled Me A Mistake, He Never Believed In Me — Nana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.