Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu (22668 Views)

Afenifere Endorses Peter Obi, Says It's South East's Turn(video) / North Kicks As Afenifere, Others Back Southern Governors On Cattle Grazing Ban / Impeachment: Senators, Reps Divided As Afenifere Backs Mbaka’s Verdict On Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by wwwihy: 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, on Sunday, met with the leaders of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, at the residence of its National Leader, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, the Ondo State capital.

However, some members of the group, including the group’s leader, Pa Ayo Adebanjo and the Secretary-General of the association, Chief Sola Ebiseni, were not at the meeting.

Speaking on why he visited Fasoranti, the APC presidential flagbearer said he was in the Afenifere’s leader’s house to present his presidential action plan to the nonagenarian Yoruba leader.

Tinubu said he had earlier visited Chief Fasoranti before the presidential primary and the Afenifere prayed for him to win the election.

Tinubu said, “Baba has prayed for me and I said once I got it I will come back. I thank God Almighty that the dream of that time has come to reality. The battle was much. There are many of them that wanted Buhari to anoint another person but he (Buhari) said no. Some of the northern governors came together and resolved that it (power) has to go to South.

“One thing that is certain, no Yoruba men and women opposed this ticket. They support this ticket. I want to tell you that I will bring the trophy home. It is not just a Yoruba thing. It is a Nigeria project.

“The North proved to me that Nigeria can survive its unity. Some people want President Muhammadu Buhari to announce someone but the President said No. He insisted the process must go on democratically. The president said anyone that would mess up the APC process would see the other side of his eyes. He remained upright and saw to the process to the end.

“Northern APC Governors resolved that the Presidency must go to the South and especially South-West. Governor Nasir El-Rufai, Abdullahi Ganduje and others supported me to the end. The battle was tough and at a point I was in doubt. There were many rumours and I became confused of what to believe.”

Speaking further, Tinubu stressed that he enjoyed the support of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), who had affirmed his full support to make sure he (Tinubu) wins the election.

“President Buhari told me I promoted his name with the way I won the primary election because the process was clean and transparent and nobody can accuse him of manipulating the process. President Buhari said I gave him credibility and I deserved to be President.

“When I asked him to nominate the VP candidate for me, he said I should pick whoever I want and it is the reason I chose a competent man in Kashim Shettima who never lost any election and protected Christians in time of trouble in his state,” he stated.

In his response, Pa Fasoranti, who briefly prayed for the APC candidate, simply declared, “Tinubu will win the election”.

The Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa, while welcoming the visitor and his delegation on behalf of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu said Ondo people were Afenifere and would support Tinubu to win.

“Asiwaju has the reach, the competence to lead Nigeria,” Aiyedatiwa declared.

In his remark, Ekiti State Governor Biodun Oyebanji assured the Yoruba leaders that all the governors of South-West and Ekiti people are solidly behind Tinubu.

He said, “We are happy to receive our leader, Asiwaju Tinubu, today (Sunday). I want to assure him and our fathers that we will support him to the end.”

Also speaking at the meeting, the Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Chief Bayo Lawal, who represented Governor Seyi Makinde said Makinde was invited by Pa Fasoranti to the meeting and he would abide by what decision made on Yoruba matters.

Lawal said, “Baba invited him (Governor) but he could not reject the call of baba. Second, it is a Yoruba matter that was being discussed. In Yoruba land if you are doing things without inviting Oyo, it is not complete. He (Makinde) doesn’t joke with Yoruba matter even though we are not united by the party, but region united us and everything discussed on Yoruba, he would support. If he has not supported Amotekun project, it would not have succeeded.”

https://punchng.com/adebanjo-absent-as-afenifere-endorses-tinubu/

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by ecolime(m): 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Has Afenifere issued an official statement on the endorsement?

Someone should drop the link or extract if they have it.

The Tinubu team is well known for lies. They lied about endorsements from Obasanjo, CAN, Fake Bishops, etc. So, one has to always verify any info from their camp as this could be another LIE.

Waiting till I hear from Pa Adebanjo.

Updated
Laying of hands on Tinubu by Pa Fashoranti isn't an endorsement. It only depicts altruism and we Yorubas know this.

It's obviously a sign of forgiveness from Baba over Tinubu's infamous comments after the murder of his daughter by killer herdsmen. And also to wish him well in his candidacy.

154 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Jones4190(m): 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
I bought 125,000 Naira diesel for my truck and when the attendant saw Obi's sticker on my windscreen She was very happy, did not collect money from me. Gave me all her sales money for the day, promised me free diesel worth 125k every week. The one wey sweet me pass be say she promised me free T_T_ every weekend.
When master dey lie, what do we expect from followers.

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by tuborme: 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
Rule and divide

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by slivertongue: 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2022
FACTIONAL CHAIRMAN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Bobloco: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
ecolime:
Has Afenifere issued an official statement on the endorsements?

Someone should drop the link or extract if they have.

The Tinubu team is well known for lies. They lied about endorsements from Obasanjo, CAN, Fake Bishops, etc. So, one has to always verify any info from their camp as this could be another lie.

Waiting to hear from Pa Adebanjo.

Don't mind them

Their propaganda machineries have been on full throttle today dishing out lies and falsehood, turning Tinubu's personal visit to pa Fasoranti to Afenifere endorsing his dead on arrival life long ambition

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Massiveglory: 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Confusion in emilokan camp. No be juju be this?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by viyon02: 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
Man of the people

3 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Risingblue008(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Many pple are just disassociating themselves from this man TINIBU,Mr Ibu grin ; grin

God is just hearing out cry through Peter obi
We have had enough,

If the country go good,e go good for us all,
If e bad,e bad for us all,

Tinibu. Old age is telling on him,sick, mentally unstable grin grin grin

Atiku, the thief wey Obasanjo see shout JEZZ
grin grin

PETER OBI has been holding a financial post for almost 15yrs both in government and banking sector,
Yet he hasn't been invited by the efcc,
Una knw very well say Peter obi good,or is it because he's an Igbo man?,na just tribalism make us loose this man,
And if this man is being cheated,
We can never have another,,

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Africum: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
The visit was maaive as AFENIFERE declared their support for their own......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A07vy6yY6o

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Hoedogwu(f): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Iliveforever(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Funny how anytime I see this picture, I feel the papa blessing the other papa wanted to scream “Mogbe”!!

5 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Kingspin(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
When elders stop becoming the voice of Wisdom, is an invitation to hardship. Everybody suffers the consequence.

I am only sure of my "own" decision not that of any King, my governor or politician.
#stopfollowfollow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by SouthSouth1914: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Haha

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Araoluwa005(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Adebanjo is a bad belle man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by DenreleDave(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
cheesy grin

98 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by olaboy33(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
The only thing against Tinubu presidency is nature, old age.

Man knows how to make anything work for him.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Freksy(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Afenifere itself is not one. The one that endorses Tinubu is of a faction different from Adebanjo's.

5 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by adigun4mee(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Yoruba lo kan

10 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Domipraiz: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Power of money.
But all I know is that Nigerians will desired comes february
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Brendaniel: 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
A man with integrity will not be happy to attend such with Tinubu, is it not the same Olu-Falae that collected money from Jonathan in 2015 for PDP campaign linked with the NSA stolen 2.5 billion dollars and Jonathan still lost, years after he was kidnapped by Fulani in his farm because Tinubu betrayed the south and brought Buhari to power, Tinubu still asked where are the cows when the same daughter of Pa-Fasoranti was killed by Fulani herdsmen and here is Tinubu asking for their blessing after punishing them for his selfish ambition, for that reason I don't think this meeting meant anything to them ...

Only men without Principles will support Tinubu's presidential ambition

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by PointZerom: 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
wink

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by ILEMUDA(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
And so freaky what....?

2 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by bestman09(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
angry
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Gkay1(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
Everybody cannot love u

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Mrshocker(m): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Pa Fashoranti have spoken

4 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Afenifere didn't endorse Tinubu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Manq11: 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Writes Aisha Yesufu An Open Letter / Yahaya Bello Distributes Bags Of Rice & N1000 To Kogi Residents (Pics) / Tinubu Remains Influential In Nigeria – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.