Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu (22676 Views)

Afenifere Endorses Peter Obi, Says It's South East's Turn(video) / North Kicks As Afenifere, Others Back Southern Governors On Cattle Grazing Ban / Impeachment: Senators, Reps Divided As Afenifere Backs Mbaka’s Verdict On Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by onuman: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
wwwihy:

https://punchng.com/adebanjo-absent-as-afenifere-endorses-tinubu/

Absentee Afenifere members are men and women who can't bend down to retake their vomit.
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Williams150(m): 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
All 4 money...
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by jerk: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
The elders have spoken,the coast is
now clearer;Tinubu is the anointed 16th President of Nigeria ! Ope ni fun Oluwa wa !

As for those of you Igbo people who have eternally dedicated your miserable lives to hating on the Yoruba just because your evil intention,which is to see Yoruba becoming so inconsequentially useless - politically, economically and socially just like you igbo have become now in Nigeria and even globally,keeps boomeranging on you,it is not too late to go back to your villages in alaigbo now !

The choice is yours but you can't hate us and still want to keep enjoying living freely in our land,;e no work like that again ! Keep this message; your excesses in every nook and cranny of Yoruba land won't be tolerated again going forward ! This one no be chestbeating o;we mean business !
You are free to vote anybody you like but saying that igbos hate the yorubas shows that you are myopic. If you are too young in 2003 go and make a research about 2003 presidential election. That OBJ won the election was because of the massive support he got from the south east. I will also remind you that Late chief odumegwu ojukwu also contested that election but do you know that igbos voted massively for OBJ against their respected Father. So, don't you ever mention igbos as a tribe that hates the yorubas or those that plays politics of tribe. Igbos want things to start working again in the country because a progressive Nigeria will benefit us all irrespective of tribe and religion.
Furthermore,I would like to remind you that if someone like Orji uzor kalu is the person contesting from the SE,I bet you that he will never win any states in the SE because he will fail woefully. This is to tell you the type of politics easterners play but other tribes thinks we are fool or not United.
So when it comes to politics of tribalism we all know that the yourubas are expert in playing that and it has contributed to what we are all suffering today. Even the yorubas that voted buhari to power are the worst hit, but am happy that the enlightened one have decided to call a spade a spade by going with their conscience. For us to start progressing as a nation let us put tribe aside and vote with our conscience. Voting my tribe men into power does not guarantee that I will benefit from his government if he's not competent. But voting a credible leader from another tribe will benefit all of us together and put our country on the right track to progress as a country. Peace
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by dododawa1: 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
One thing that is certain, no Yoruba men and women opposed this ticket. They support this ticket. I want to tell you that I will bring the (TROPHY) home. It is not just a Yoruba thing. It is a Nigeria, JAGANBA.

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by shinealight(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
ecolime:
Has Afenifere issued an official statement on the endorsement?

Someone should drop the link or extract if they have it.

The Tinubu team is well known for lies. They lied about endorsements from Obasanjo, CAN, Fake Bishops, etc. So, one has to always verify any info from their camp as this could be another LIE.

Waiting till I hear from Pa Adebanjo.

Updated
Laying of hands on Tinubu by Pa Fashoranti isn't an endorsement. It only depicts altruism and we Yorubas know this.

It's obviously a sign of forgiveness from Baba over Tinubu's infamous comments after the murder of his daughter by killer herdsmen. And also to wish him well in his candidacy.

The vast majority of Yoruba people would reject your expressed sentiments, my friend.
Tinubu is endorsed by the authentic Afenifere and the majority of Yoruba people regardless of Pa Adebanjo’s animosity towards Tinubu. Adebanjo cannot even win his own ward! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by victorsola: 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
wwwihy:

https://punchng.com/adebanjo-absent-as-afenifere-endorses-tinubu/
adebanjo get personal beef with tinubu . And adebanjo is only representing himself not any Yoruba rave . Make all of them go sit down

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Oduduwa707: 12:52am On Oct 31, 2022
viyon02:
Man of the people

Another Yaba Left V.I.P
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Ancestortinubu: 5:56am On Oct 31, 2022
Nigerians have their vote individually. It is high time they stop all the group endorsement balderdash. I don't know why some idiots remain myopic and refuse to learn from sane countries. Some politicians will sell their desperation to some hungry group.

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 31, 2022
Araoluwa005:
Adebanjo is a bad belle man
He's not.

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by afbstrategies: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2022
Only a fool will turn a prayer into endorsement.
It also shows how desperate and manipulative Nigerian politicians are
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by HRMK: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2022
WOULD ANY RIGHT THINKING NIGERIAN EXPECT HIM TO BE AT SUCH MEETING THAT HE KNOWS WONT FAVOR HIM?NO!
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by Kaiser20: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2022
Desperado is Tinubu's second name.
If you say good morning to Tinubu that means you have endorsed him.
He lied also about OBJ endorsing him, now Afenifere.
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by HRMK: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2022
onuman:

Absentee Afenifere members are men and women who can't bend down to retake their vomit.
GOOD!MENTION A SINGLE ONE APART FROM ADEBANJO?HE MADE A UNILATERAL STAND WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OTHER MEMBERS!SHAME WONT ALLOW HIM TO BE PRESENT!YORUBA WILL ALWAYS GANG UP AGAINST YORUBA!IT HAPPENED IN 1963 WITH AWOLOWO!SAME WITH ABIOLA IN 1993 AND NOW TINUBU IN 2023!EVERY 30YRS!THAT CURSE MUST BE BROKEN!!
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by LionTiger(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2022
slivertongue:
FACTIONAL CHAIRMAN
He was the former Leader. Tinubu visited him for prayers, there was no endorsement at all.
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by ukenke: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2022
What a reportage from Punch. Shameful
Re: Adebanjo Absent As Afenifere Endorses Tinubu by VEHINTOLAR: 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
jerk:
You are free to vote anybody you like but saying that igbos hate the yorubas shows that you are myopic. If you are too young in 2003 go and make a research about 2003 presidential election. That OBJ won the election was because of the massive support he got from the south east. I will also remind you that Late chief odumegwu ojukwu also contested that election but do you know that igbos voted massively for OBJ against their respected Father. So, don't you ever mention igbos as a tribe that hates the yorubas or those that plays politics of tribe. Igbos want things to start working again in the country because a progressive Nigeria will benefit us all irrespective of tribe and religion.
Furthermore,I would like to remind you that if someone like Orji uzor kalu is the person contesting from the SE,I bet you that he will never win any states in the SE because he will fail woefully. This is to tell you the type of politics easterners play but other tribes thinks we are fool or not United.
So when it comes to politics of tribalism we all know that the yourubas are expert in playing that and it has contributed to what we are all suffering today. Even the yorubas that voted buhari to power are the worst hit, but am happy that the enlightened one have decided to call a spade a spade by going with their conscience. For us to start progressing as a nation let us put tribe aside and vote with our conscience. Voting my tribe men into power does not guarantee that I will benefit from his government if he's not competent. But voting a credible leader from another tribe will benefit all of us together and put our country on the right track to progress as a country. Peace

Gibberish as usual ! It's either you're poorly informed or just like the rest of you,you've deliberately chosen to be mischievous. I actually don't have a time for any needless back and forth exchange of banters with someone who has been programmed,right from the infancy,to believe only a twisted version of the actual facts as fraudulently handed over to him ! I wonder why you Igbo believe that you can stand fact on its head and expect others to accept it from you ! You lots are a bunch of jokers !

Now,very briefly,let me respond to some of your lies and fallacies here : (1) That in 2003,Igbo supported OBJ to win the then presidential elections. (2) That Igbo did not hate Yoruba because of whatever blah blah blah....! (3) That the Yoruba are responsible for "what we all are suffering today" ! You see,one of the many problems with you Igbo is that you guys are too falsehearted and you erroneously assume that other Nigerians have short memory or that you're smarter !

(1) Before 2003 was 1999 and OBJ was not the preferred candidate of the Yoruba people. Ask your elders at home. Chief Olu Falae was the candidate of Yoruba people then;it's a known fact. The question is: did Igbo people support chief Olu False ? The answer is NO ! In your usual characteristics of hating and going against anything that's in the best interests of the Yoruba people, Igbo people voted massively for OBJ as against chief Falae,the popular candidate of the Yoruba ! Igbo voted for Obasanjo not because you loved him as a Yoruba man,but just to ensure that the popular interests of Yoruba people did not materialise or see the light if the day ! And in 2003,Igbo were condemned to vote for chief Obasanjo,just like the majority of other Nigerians including the Yoruba,because you were adequately well represented in Obasanjo's government. You may go and check his cabinet members then. He brought in the Okonjos, the Iwekes (Junior) and other Igbo technocrats of this world into his administration without any form of ethnic bias !

(2) You Igbo must be fooling yourselves if you think any Yoruba person believes you Igbo love him or her ! You hate us and we know it ! Now,let me tell you the genesis of it all. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe wanted to be the Premier of the Yoruba people's Western Region of the first republic but he was rejected at the poll by the Yoruba people.
Azikiwe never got over that incident till he died and he bitterly blamed Chief Awolowo for his rejection ! That was the beginning of the politics of bitterness and backbiting ! Azikiwe thereafter, committed a lot of wicked atrocities against the Yoruba people The records are there for all to see;it is not a fabrication of any sort. Who ensured that the Yoruba people of Kwara state and parts of Kogi state were blocked from joining their kits and kin in the south west just to ensure that Awolowo and his UPN party were weakened numerically and placed at disadvantage politically ? It was Azikiwe;he sold that idea to Balewa and just like he equally teamed up with the Balewa's NPC to the detriments of the southern solidarity and brotherhood ! Kiddo,I suggest you go and read extensively about all of this. The old mid west was administratively part of the larger western region. The idea was that the region (mid west) would be carved out of the Western region,while all the Yoruba speaking parts of old Kwara state - (today's Kwara, Kogi and parts of Niger states) would be merged with their kits and kins in the old western region. The old Bendel state was created as agreed but Mr Azikiwe,out if his bitterness against Awolowo, ensured that Yoruba in the old Kwara remained as they were ! It is the same bitterness you are all passing over to one another from generation to generation till today ! How about how your forebears blamed Awolowo and the Yoruba for your self inflicted injuries of the civil war ? Are you,the present generations still not blaming the Yoruba for this same loss till today as well ?

(3) You must be a toddler,you talk like one actually,if you think other Nigerians don't know the Architects of everything that is wrong with Nigeria today ! Where do I even start with you boy;is it the mindless killings of all tribal and religious leaders of other ethnic groups you want us to start talking about or the abolition of the regional governments that paved the way for today's evil unitary system of government ? Or the fact that the Coup plotters somehow managed to forget that Ojukwu was the head of the battalion at Kano and Ojukwu too didn't bother to Challenge them or attempt to save the lives of his colleagues being slaughtered in Kaduna and somewhere else ? Do we need to remind you lots that Mr Azikiwe was suspiciously out of the country at the time of the coup and that Mr Ironsi even refused to prosecute the coup plotters ? The seed of mutual suspicions was planted by the Igbo as a result of their failed attempts to preserve Nigeria and dominate it for their own selfish good !

I can go and on,but like I said earlier,you lots have been programmed to believe the twisted version of the actual facts ! Yes,you can support any candidate of your choice but you Igbo don't have any right to condemn or gaslight any Yoruba who chooses to support Tinubu after all, 99% of your people (Igbo) actually support Mr Peter Obi ! Support your Peter Obi and allow me to support my Asiwaju too peacefully,no be fight na ! But trust me,Igbo excesses won't be tolerated going forward in every part of Yoruba land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bulkachuwa Asks Court To Stop ICPC From Probing Him For Influencing His Wife / Terrorism Trial: : Senator Ndume Named Vp Sambo As Boko Haram Sponsor / Mathew Ndagoso-Manoso: Boko Haram Faction Providing Service To Borno Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.