Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Reason I Will Leave Religion (1081 Views)

El Rufai's NBA Invitation And CAMA Laws: Leave Religion Out Of The Equations / Becos I Saw A Thread ‘i Av Decided To Leave Religion’ And I Think I Av Questions / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by LikeAking: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Your own Creator.

I got no creator..
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2022
LikeAking:

I got no creator..

You do!

We already know that it is impossible for you to create yourself, just as your phone and mannequin could not create itself.
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
LikeAking:

Dem no born nepa well to carry chairman gf transformer...

grin

LikeAking:

Christians suppose get an advantage in life, that's my point...

But there is none..

We do! Just that there are way too few who are Christians, therefore, it is not an easily seen thing.
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Freksy(m): 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You definitely need to pick up and read for your own self the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John so you obtain a more realistic picture of who Jesus Christ is.

The word picture of him I painted is based on the gospel accounts of him. What is not true about him in that submission?

He is God's Law in the Kingdom of God and according to Him, His Love is reserved only for those who live their lives in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments - John 13 vs 1 and John 15 vs 9 - 11 undecided

Based on the above, when you obey Jesus teachings and commandments, your life will always be blissful?
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Hermes119: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin

We do! Just that there are way too few who are Christians, therefore, it is not an easily seen thing.
What benefit do you enjoy because you are a Christian that others don't

1 Like

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2022
Freksy:
1. The word picture of him I painted is based on the gospel accounts of him. What is not true about him in that submission?

2. Based on the above, when you obey Jesus teachings and commandments, your life will always be blissful?
1. I am afraid your painting isn't based on an unbiased comprehension of the person of Jesus Christ according to the Gospel accounts undecided

2. Blissful? Where do you get that from? See, what I mean when I say your assessment of that presented in the Gospels is tainted. undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hermes119:
According to Jesus Christ, those who belong to God will experience suffering with at least their needs met through it all, and the peace or Jesus Christ to cushion them through it all. undecided

Imagine if you didn't need to worry about food or drink, or clothing, or shelter or care when sick, or even someone to visit you if you are in prison... and in place of stress and trauma, you had peace, would your suffering be as bad. undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Freksy(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And so? undecided

Look, if your sole focus is on the material wealth job had before suffering and what happened afterwards, then I am afraid you have missed the core aspects aspects the entire story just like that. undecided

You most likely don't understand what actually happened to Job and the object lessons therein.
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Freksy(m): 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid your painting isn't based on an unbiased comprehension of the person of Jesus Christ according to the Gospel accounts undecided

2. Blissful? Where do you get that from? See, what I mean when I say your assessment of that presented in the Gospels is tainted. undecided

Represent the scriptures you referenced and explain each of the verses let see.

Come out more so that one will understand your position clearly.

My position is clear and I stated it earlier.

Material prosperity, adversities/suffering, prominence etc can't be used to determine who is the child of God.

1 Like

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
Freksy:
You most likely don't understand what actually happened to Job and the object lessons therein.
Go ahead and prove to me then that you have even a smidge of understanding as far as that which happened to JOb then. undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2022
Freksy:
1. Represent the scriptures you referenced and explain each of the verses let see. Come out more so that one will understand your position clearly. My position is clear and I stated it earlier.

2. Material prosperity, adversities/suffering, prominence etc can't be used to determine who is the child of God.
1. The entirety of the accounts is what I reference in this where Jesus Christ spent a significant amount of His teachings presenting teachings that not only called out the Teachers of the Law, the Pharisees, Sadducces, and High priests, and even those who listen to them as being fools against God. undecided

2. Not once have I referenced material prosperity etc. as determinants of whether one is a child of God or not. Instead, what I continue to point out is that God's promise to all those who belong to Him is that even through suffering they will all have their needs met by Him meaning anyone who claims to believe in Jesus Christ but undergoes suffering without His needs being met under that circumstance does not belong to God. That there is the teaching of the one who is Jesus Christ - Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34. If you think that to be materialistic, then it clearly means you don't believe in the benefits of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Freksy(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Who are children of God? They are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ -- not to be confused with the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches). undecided
When you submit to religion, instead of to God, you cannot claim to be children of God, nor can you claim any of the benefits that belong only to Children of God. undecided

Please mention the benefits that exclusively belong to the children of God.

If you do, I will, for once understand you clearly.

1 Like

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2022
Freksy:
Please mention the benefits that exclusively belong to the children of God.
If you do, I will, for once understand you clearly.
I keep mentioning one of them but you keep looking for excuses for why you should not accept it as God's Truth - Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34. Job, the example we have been considering, lost everything of his material wealth but as a righteous man, he is not recorded to have begged for food, for clothing, or even for shelter over his head. Why do you refuse to see this? undecided

OP's case is the complete opposite of Job's case, yet you continue to blindly assert Job as an example for OP, why? undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Freksy(m): 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The entirety of the accounts is what I reference in this where Jesus Christ spent a significant amount of His teachings presenting teachings that not only called out the Teachers of the Law, the Pharisees, Sadducces, and High priests, and even those who listen to them as being fools against God. undecided

2. Not once have I referenced material prosperity etc. as determinants of whether one is a child of God or not. Instead, what I continue to point out is that God's promise to all those who belong to Him is that even through suffering they will all have their needs met by Him meaning anyone who claims to believe in Jesus Christ but undergoes suffering without His needs being met under that circumstance does not belong to God. That there is the teaching of the one who is Jesus Christ - Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34. If you think that to be materialistic, then it clearly means you don't believe in the benefits of Jesus Christ. undecided

Expression in bold noted. I didn't get that from you prior to now.

1 Like

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
Freksy:
Expression in bold noted. I didn't get that from you prior to now.
Of course you won't as instead you keep attempting a strawman when the focus remains that the suffering of a righteous man cannot in any way be compared to that of the suffering of a man who has nothing to do with God. undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by LordReed(m): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
chikishpilot:
earlier this year my dad saved around 400k, he have been saving for like 2 years now, but our elder sister started having problems (sickness) the whole of the money was wasted, and this my father doesn't joke with God o, he have been seing hell, i mean i pity that man, he is getting tired day by day, how should the children of God be in shame while the so called sinners are swimming in glory living a healthy a life, i am fed up, i have to quit, not to join another religion but rather to restore my sanity, and believe reality, is time to use praying time and double my hustle angry

The soon you realise that religion has nothing to do with the quality of your life the better. You can be religious and have a great life, you can be non-religious and also have a great life, the common denominator is not religion.

I think people tend to overly focus on religion because they feel powerless to tackle the issues of in their life. Well that's the human experience but here is what separates winners and losers, the winners get up and do something and become happy with their successes while the losers do nothing and become more miserable. Want to know something? Not everybody is going to become Dangote or Otedola, you need to be happy with the successes you can achieve and stop judging your life by what others have accomplished. You have your own capacity, live up to it. Celebrate that your dad was able to have 400k and move on, that is what the winners do. Death will come to us all in one way or another, what really matters is how we live, not if you have a gazillion naira in the bank. I had just 1k in my wallet this morning but my kid told me as I dropped her off at school, I will miss you daddy, that to me is worth more than a gazillion dollars. Success is not always defined by how much money you have. Learn this and start your journey to a good life.

1 Like

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by LordReed(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin

Really? What advantage do you have over Dangote for instance?

2 Likes

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Freksy(m): 12:12am On Nov 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I keep mentioning one of them but you keep looking for excuses for why you should not accept it as God's Truth - Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34. Job, the example we have been considering, lost everything of his material wealth but as a righteous man, he is not recorded to have begged for food, for clothing, or even for shelter over his head. Why do you refuse to see this? undecided

Job suffered greatly, with very excruciating pain.

That he did not beg for anything is a very weak point, and points to nothing.

Today, a child of God can beg for favour, true or false?

Most mankind who don't know God at all don't experience the kind of physical and emotional pain and trauma Job experienced.

An unriteouse person may equally experience loses and decides not to beg, but receive voluntary gifts from concerned friends, as might have been the case with Job.

OP's case is the complete opposite of Job's case, yet you continue to blindly assert Job as an example for OP, why? undecided

And you blindly refuse to see, and bluntly refuse to accept the fact that objects lessons can be drawn from bible accounts to comfort those that need comforts.

Who experience the exact thing Job experienced today? I should wait until i encounter someone with the same magnitude of ordeal before I use the example of Job to mend the broken-hearted?

The OP portrayed his father as a devoted worshiper of God. Whether they worship God acceptably or not, is not mine to tell.

Their cases are opposite because Job was righteous while the OP's father is unriteouse?

Job did not beg for favour while the OP's father begs?

One experienced pain while the other experience joy in their ordeal? What exactly makes the two opposite?

Life's ordeals or trials can't be the same.

God understands the circumstances of all individuals, and he searches the hearts.

In your response to OP, I saw you trying to subtly break the already bruised reed and quenching the smoking flax - a thing Jesus will never do, considering the circumstances they found themselves.

'A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory'. Matthew 12:20

1 Like

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Nov 02, 2022
Freksy:
1. Job suffered greatly, with very excruciating pain. That he did not beg for anything is a very weak point, and points to nothing. Today, a child of God can beg for favour, true or false?

2. Most mankind who don't know God at all don't experience the kind of physical and emotional pain and trauma Job experienced. An unrighteous person may equally experience loses and decides not to beg, but receive voluntary gifts from concerned friends, as might have been the case with Job.

3. And you blindly refuse to see, and bluntly refuse to accept the fact that objects lessons can be drawn from bible accounts to comfort those that need comforts.

4. Who experience the exact thing Job experienced today? I should wait until i encounter someone with the same magnitude of ordeal before I use the example of Job to mend the broken-hearted?

5. The OP portrayed his father as a devoted worshiper of God. Whether they worship God acceptably or not, is not mine to tell. Their cases are opposite because Job was righteous while the OP's father is unriteouse? Job did not beg for favour while the OP's father begs?

6. One experienced pain while the other experience joy in their ordeal? What exactly makes the two opposite? Life's ordeals or trials can't be the same. God understands the circumstances of all individuals, and he searches the hearts.

7. In your response to OP, I saw you trying to subtly break the already bruised reed and quenching the smoking flax - a thing Jesus will never do, considering the circumstances they found themselves. 'A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory'. Matthew 12:20
1. Beg for a favor from whom? Men? undecided

2. According to Job, his friends deserted him, so where is it written that he received these voluntary gifts from friends as you surmised there? Did he also receive his peace and confidence in God from voluntary gifts he received from friends?undecided

3. How is he comforted by drawing from a case that in no way compares to what he has been experiencing since his youth, nor even begins to explain his current confusion as far as the belief that he has held thus far? undecided

4. You are informed in chapter 1 of Job that Job was declared righteous by God. Then God proceeds to allow Job to endure tremendous affliction, yet ensuring that throughout the ordeal, Job lacked nothing, and job's focus, rather than deviate from God remain squarely on God with peace, and confidence of the kind that no other man can have in suffering - not even his friends could move Job's resolve. So, why not instead focus on looking around for those who truly meet God's standard for righteousness - those who in fact live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ - before you point them to the example of Job, this of course irrespective of the magnitude of the suffering they are having to endure. undecided

5. Exactly! Job was righteous whereas Op's father is a religious man who subscribes to the doctrines and traditions of men, as explained by OP himself. Job did not have to beg for favors because Job was a righteous man as indicated to you in the very first chapter of that book by God Himself. There is no way that the righteous and unrighteous can enjoy the same benefits or be put in the very same category amongst men. undecided

6. Here's the mistake most of you make. You assume that because God understands the circumstances of men and searches the hearts of men means God will somehow lower His standards out of pity...God will never do that. That He made clear from the beginning and upholds even through the life of those written. In Jesus Christ, we are clearly told that those who submit their lives to Jesus Christ in obedience of His teachings and commandments are those who will in fact experience God's Love for man in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ assured His followers of this when He reiterated that His love only belongs to those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 15 vs 9 - 11. And the Word of God, Jesus Christ, is everlasting - unchanging - Matthew 24:35 & Matthew 13 vs 31 & Luke 21 vs 33. So, do you believe God or do you think God a liar? undecided

7. In addition to all other fallacies previously committed, you commit what is an out-of-context fallacy here by attempting to lift a verse out of context in order to assert a meaning that it didn't originally have. undecided undecided
15 Jesus knew what the Pharisees were planning. So he left that place, and many people followed him. He healed all who were sick,
16 but he warned them not to tell others who he was.
17 This was to give full meaning to what Isaiah the prophet said when he spoke for God:
18 “Here is my servant, the one I have chosen. He is the one I love, and I am very pleased with him, I will fill him with my Spirit, and he will bring justice to the nations.
19 He will not argue or shout; no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20 He will not break off even a bent stem of grass. He will not put out even the weakest flame. He will not give up until he has made justice victorious.
21 All people will hope in him.” - Matthew 12 vs 15 - 21
I am afraid the ones who are guilty of doing that which is against Jesus Christ are the many religious folks out there who shout lies in the streets, bend the very Truth of God and cast doubts of every mention of the Word of God in order to deceive and delude their fellow men using the name of God. undecided

Everything I have stated so far is that Jesus Christ Himself taught His disciples the benefit of being a follower of His. If you can directly refute any of what I have claimed by citing the teachings of Jesus Christ, please go for it. undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Nov 02, 2022
Here is Jesus Christ's own teaching as far as the righteous are concerned.

25 “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27 You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29 But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30 If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31 “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32 That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33 What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34 So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries. - Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34
As Jesus Christ makes clear in the above passage, those who seek that which concerns the Kingdom of God, and God's righteousness, are cared for, 24/7, by God Himself. undecided
22 Jesus said to his followers, “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat or what you will wear.
23 Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
24 Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in houses or barns, but God feeds them. And you are worth much more than crows.
25 None of you can add any time to your life by worrying about it.
26 And if you can’t do the little things, why worry about the big things?
27 “Think about how the wildflowers grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
28 If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? That’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
29 “So don’t always think about what you will eat or what you will drink. Don’t worry about it.
30 That’s what all those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. But your Father knows that you need these things.
31 What you should be thinking about is God’s kingdom. Then he will give you all these other things you need. - Luke 12 vs 22 - 31
If all there needs are met, clearly their suffering is made exceedingly light, is it not? undecided
31 Jesus said, “So now you believe?
32 Listen to me. A time is coming when you will be scattered, each to his own home. In fact, that time is already here. You will leave me, and I will be alone. But I am never really alone, because the Father is with me.
33 “I have told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world! - John 16 vs 31 - 33
As far as demeanor when experiencing suffering which is promised them, Jesus Christ assured His followers His peace, imploring them to stand brave/confident through It given that He has overcome the world for their sake. undecided

Clearly, what this means is that anyone who is currently not having His needs met, even when faced with suffering is not of God, and definitely not experiencing righteousness as defined by God. Either that or God lied to those who belong to Him. So which is it? undecided

Given that God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God is a Logical system, we can go even a step further and state the above logically

P1: No one who belongs to Jesus Christ* will want for food, drink or cloth to wear
P2: No one who belongs to Jesus Christ will lack Peace and confidence of God through their period of suffering
Conclusion: None of those who lack food, drink and even clothing, peace and confidence in of God through their time of suffering belongs to Jesus Christ.

*Belongs to Jesus Christ .I.e. do the will of God. undecided
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 5:59am On Nov 02, 2022
Hermes119:

LordReed:

Really? What advantage do you have over Dangote for instance?

Peace Everywhere, Rest Everywhere, Renewal of my Soul, Lack of Fear of prison and who takes control of the country whether politicians or Britain or China or America, Joy unspeakable! Love, perfect marriage and very sweet home! The thngs money can never buy!

I told you before!
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Nov 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Peace Everywhere, Rest Everywhere, Renewal of my Soul, Lack of Fear of prison and who takes control of the country whether politicians or Britain or China or America, Joy unspeakable! Love, perfect marriage and very sweet home! The thngs money can never buy!

I told you before!

LoLz! So you don't lock your doors, you don't have burglary proofing on your windows?

2 Likes

Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! So you don't lock your doors, you don't have burglary proofing on your windows?

For fun and beauty.
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

For fun and beauty.

LoLz! Massive self deceit. Bwahahahahahaha!
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Massive self deceit. Bwahahahahahaha!

You wish!
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You wish!

No you wish! LoLz.
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Hermes119: 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I told you before!
Good for you
Re: Another Reason I Will Leave Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hermes119:

Good for you

Great for Me! I Thank The Lord for being my Shepherd and taking me to my very sweet place!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can't Wait For Rapture / What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself / Why Is Nairaland Christian E-fellowship Locked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.