Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu (28184 Views)

Pictures Of Bola And Remi Tinubu As APC Kicks Off Presidential Campaign / Osun Election: PDP’s Adeleke Wins, APC Kicks - Vanguard / Atiku Attacks Tinubu Over Support For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2022
The leader of the Yoruba Nation self-determination struggle, Professor Banji Akintoye, has said he did not authorise a congress of the apex body of the Yoruba self-determination struggle, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide, being rumoured to take place in Ibadan on Tuesday, November 1 (today).

Akintoye accused the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, of using some members of the self-determination struggle to destroy the movement because of his presidential ambition.

The IOO leader, who said this in a statement on Monday, said he had to do this to debunk the claim by Funmi Soyemi, the outgoing Chairman of the Ilana Interim Management Committee of the organisation, that a world congress of Ilana Omo Oodua will be held tomorrow in Ibadan.

Akintoye said, “The people planning the congress are few agents of Nigerian politicians within the struggle. Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, is currently recruiting some power-seeking individuals within the self-determination struggle to either discredit me or destroy the movement completely.

“I am sending out this short message to all Yoruba people worldwide that I did not authorise any meeting of Ilana Omo Oodua to be held tomorrow in Ibadan, Oyo State. Those behind the gathering are a few people working for Nigerian politicians who are determined to discredit our noble struggle.

“I hereby dissociate myself from such a gathering and I want the whole world to know the meeting is illegal, unauthorised, and unknown to Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide. Thus, whatever resolutions are reached at the meeting are null and void.”

The statement further went on to note that, “Also, Bola Tinubu has threatened to destroy Ilana Omo Oodua and other serious self-determination organisations in Yorubaland because we told him that he is merely after his personal interest and not the interest of the Yoruba people.

“As a result, I implore you to disregard all of his agents within our system and become more focused on our struggle for freedom and liberation.”

When contacted for reaction, the Chief Spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, could not immediately confirm if the presidential candidate is scheduled to be at the congress of Ilana Omo Oodua in Ibadan on Tuesday (today).

He said, “The itinerary of Asiwaju that I have for tomorrow is the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry. I cannot confirm if he is attending the World Congress of Ilana Omo Oodua tomorrow at Ibadan.”

When asked to react to Akintoye’s accusation that Tinubu is seeking to destroy the Yoruba self-determination struggle by using some members of the movement, Keyamo declared that there was no iota of truth in the allegation.

He also queried who elected Prof. Akintoye as the mouthpiece of the Yoruba race.

“Are the Yoruba a group of people who arrogate to themselves the leadership status? When did the Yoruba gather to elect some of these characters?

“I speak authoritatively because I am also Yoruba and I have a right to be Afenifere with any Yoruba group. That is because my mother is a full-blooded Yoruba woman, a princess of the throne in Ilaro. I am an Egbado man myself. My first cousin is the Olu of Ilaro. I can confidently claim to be part of Afenifere.

“All I am trying to tell you is that the Yoruba have not appointed any of such characters to speak on behalf of the Yoruba race,” he said.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-nation-apc-kicks-as-akintoye-attacks-tinubu/

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Bobloco: 7:06am On Nov 01, 2022
Akintoye said, “The people planning the congress are few agents of Nigerian politicians within the struggle. Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, is currently recruiting some power-seeking individuals within the self-determination struggle to either discredit me or destroy the movement completely".

This is the same thing he did with Afenifere

The Emilokan drug lord is a confusionist, a desperado ready to bring down the entire Yoruba nation just to achieve his death on arrival life long ambition

252 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by WibusJaga: 7:08am On Nov 01, 2022

Just like the controversial animal bat, Thïefnubu & Controversy are like...

217 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by jenniferjude613: 7:11am On Nov 01, 2022
For real?
Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by PureMe01: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2022
This one thiefnubuu has finally relocated his campaign to Southwest,e don realise say em asslicking for North no pay off again as dem don scam am over there chop em bullion van run grin

Dying horse doing its last kick lol

235 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by TinubuThief: 7:16am On Nov 01, 2022
grin
Tulunbu !!! If your name na Tulunbu, better change that name because that name is synonymous with everything evil, criminality, stealing, drug pusher foolishness

32 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by StrongandMighty: 7:17am On Nov 01, 2022
Lols.. Yorubas are one indeed!
See as agbado used looted fund to expose the lie that yorubas are one cheesy grin

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Pwettylinda(f): 7:19am On Nov 01, 2022
grin grin
Pls post the photo of Akintoye

E no go pass that ugly looking man from Southwest grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Mystic216: 7:20am On Nov 01, 2022
APC should kick their bucket

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Kingspin(m): 7:21am On Nov 01, 2022
From fake Bishops, Afenifere, to Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide. Tinubu is so desperate. Such a character cannot do well in office.

Tinubu why do you want to divide your people because you are seeking office? At this age?
History has shown that desperate politicians don't succeed in office e.g Buhari.

132 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2022
It won't still help

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by mach7(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2022
Like Pa Adebanjo, like Pa Akintoye.

What is it with this old papas and their perceived hatred for Tinubu?

May God deliver us from crab mentality o.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by temitope27(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2022
The omoluabi's said on JAGABAN mandate we stand

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Xscape1993(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2022
No normal human being should even talk about the founder of agberos in Nigeria as president...are blacks cursed or something?

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by cmikel: 7:58am On Nov 01, 2022

Ambition to save Nigeria vs. personal ambition to be president

One is inspired for a better Nigeria through institutional values....
The other feels he owns the throne, he has helped people who should now payback to enthrone him.

Watch out for Emi lo KAN PART 2

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Eriokanmi: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2022
Where is Adedibu, the alaafin molete today? I reserve my comment on Tinubu

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Bontafa: 8:22am On Nov 01, 2022
mach7:
Like Pa Adebanjo, like Pa Akintoye.

What is it with this old papas and their perceived hatred for Tinubu?

May God deliver us from crab mentality o.

They are wiser than you

Now u have the crab mentality

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by unclejb2(m): 8:24am On Nov 01, 2022
Everything about Tinubu is full of controversy and confusion

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by demmie1: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2022
Can someone tell me in half detail how to save nigeria? only half

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by 9jahotblog: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2022
Tinubu the clueless drug baron ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii. The good people of Yorubas have reject his Muslim-Muslim ticket in the presidential election. Tinubu is a clueless goner.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by BossGerald: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2022
They keep deviding the yoruba race...these yoruba Muslims are evil.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by PandoraObi: 9:05am On Nov 01, 2022
Jagaban the man of unlimited grace and unabated favours

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Brendaniel: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2022
Why is Tinubu always looking for crooked paths to success, same thing he did with Afenifere, he will look for individuals who will open the backdoor for him to enter a house and destroy it to achieve his ambition, same way he is trying to destroy Nigeria through Buhari to become president, enough is enough.

OBIDATTI 2023

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by obembet(f): 9:07am On Nov 01, 2022
One man said every Igbo man that vote another tribe should be chase out of the Igbo land

Atiku said Northerners should consider Thier brother first

Genesis said he never leave his brother and vote another tribe.

So who get the highest brothers with registered voter's card.

Atiku 2023

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by BATified2023: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2022
One question I like to ask all progressive Nigerians is that

Y is peter obi using the pictures of Lagos for campaign despite many igbos calling Lagos a slum but he’s not using the pictures of the anambra he turned to paradise

Imagine condemning Lagos n tinubu n later using the same picture of Lagos for campaign

What happened to all the things he did n anambra n keeps telling us to go n verify?

It’s now time to bring the verification n he himself can’t bring it out,if Peter obi can’t campaign with his own work then wetin remain?

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Salvador1: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2022
Tinubu has successfully divided Yorubas cos of his wicked agenda.

He did it in SW CAN now he's doing it in afenifere and his tribes men.

I wonder how he's gonna win this election.
To hell with BATstards and urchins.

One old man ambition had divided a whole tribe.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by 5iine: 9:08am On Nov 01, 2022
Tinubu is an evil man and a destroyer. We will never forget.

Just to shout emi lokan in 2022

Nyanya bomb blast happened
Chibok girls happened
End sars happened
Owo church happened...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Hezzyluv: 9:08am On Nov 01, 2022
God will continue to cause confusion and pandemonium in the party of those politicians who are after self interest other then the masses till the right part wins.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2022
It’s very easy to see that this man has a personal vendetta against Tinubu; reminds me of Bode George

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 01, 2022
Morning Food alias Breakfast, for Afghaneasterns. Watch how people wey no sabe Yoruba politics go come put their mouth for tin wey no konsain them. Unfortunate people who love to carry Tinubu and Yoruba load of stones on their weak necks while dragging their portmanteau along in the dust. Unfortunate people who wail about the speck of dust that's in Tinubu's eyes while they treat the glaucoma in their own eyes with elephant grass extract.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by id4sho(m): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2022
shocked
BAT fall is imminent, he's hanging onto a leaf. Nigerians, the time is now. Vote wisely

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu by thetech: 9:09am On Nov 01, 2022
Lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen's Attack In Enugu - Read / Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere / Tinubu On 2-Day Working Visit To Kano, Donate ₦100 Million To Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.