Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere (28184 Views)

Wole Olanipekun: Why Obasanjo Almost Punched Me / Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 / 2019: Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari - Ex Gov. Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, has given reasons for the interventions of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, and Olubadan, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, in Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Igboho’s matter.

Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, had been declared wanted by Nigeria’s security outfit, Department of State Services, and he is currently detained in Benin Republic.

The activist’s lawyers have applied for asylum on his behalf but the Benin Republic government has yet to respond.

Amid Igboho’s travails, the Ooni of Ife set up a committee and sent a delegation to Benin Republic alongside Olubadan to observe one of the court proceedings on Igboho’s case.

The Governor of Lagos, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, also tacitly confirmed that Yoruba leaders are working “behind the scene” on Sunday Igboho’s matter.

Before Sanwo-Olu’s comment, Southern governors had asked DSS to inform them before carrying out major operations in the states. This was a few days after Igboho’s house was raided by DSS leading to the loss of lives.

On Saturday, the Special Assistant on Media to Obasanjo, Kehinde Akinyemi, confirmed that Nigerian ex-President, Olusegun Obasanjo, met with the President of the Republic of Benin, Patrice Talon, in the first week of August.
Obasanjo was in Benin Republic on Monday and he met with the President but nobody knew what they discussed,” Akinyemi said.

Reacting, Organising Secretary of Afenifere, Abagun Kole Omololu, commended the Yoruba leaders for their intervention.

He said the Yoruba leaders intervened because they do not believe that Igboho will get just if extradited to Nigeria from Benin Republic.

Omololu said, “Obasanjo is a Yoruba man first before becoming a president. Yoruba leaders are not noisemakers, they don’t make noise, they act. Look at the way we fought the NADECO battle, it was intellectually coordinated.

“Obasanjo won’t want Yorubaland to be disgraced. We all know that Federal Government is after the Yoruba nation, not Igboho. Obafemi Awolowo tried his best but was rolled into prison. MKO Abiola was killed.

“We want a bigger Nigeria that is working. It is restructuring or Yoruba Nation.

“Ooni and Olubadan are Yoruba men before they are Nigerians. They have to look after their children. They will not allow Sunday to be extradited. This government is lawless, they believe in brutality, not legality.

Igboho is a social crusader, not a terrorist. He is protecting his people after the government failed and he didn’t kill anyone throughout his agitation. He is after the criminals. Why is the government defending the criminals? Sunday should be treated as a hero.

“Obasanjo and the monarchs have shown that they are full-blooded Yoruba persons. We applaud Baba Obasanjo. God will continue to raise the Yoruba Nation up.

“We are peace-loving. If the Yoruba Nation is peaceful, every part of Nigeria will benefit from it. Nobody is now safe in Yorubaland, If they have the chance, they can attack Obasanjo too.

“This administration has divided Nigeria so much. We are praying that this administration should end soon. This government has destroyed so many things.

“Federal Government should be considerate now by the efforts of the Yoruba leaders. Obasanjo is the father of Africa and he must be respected.”

https://punchng.com/igboho-why-obasanjo-ooni-olubadan-others-intervened-afenifere/

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 09, 2021
Na so

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Penguin2: 12:56am On Aug 09, 2021
The Yoruba are protecting their own while wishing Nnamdi Kanu is hanged and will not accept that MNK the every step taken so far on him is wrong.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by heniford2: 1:02am On Aug 09, 2021
He will be free this i know soon

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Kolisky(m): 1:08am On Aug 09, 2021
heniford2:
He will be free this i know soon

Ladies and Gentlemen, Shall we?

Always took time to read long story about what happened in this Country century ago

These days, It’s just to glance through grin

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Staphylococcus: 1:17am On Aug 09, 2021
Igboho the freedom fighter suddenly turned to a weakling and coward.

Someone that should be standing strong and screaming at the top of his voice that "Oduduwa Republic or death"

The devil really blessed this generation with fake things. From fake pastors to fake freedom fighters.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by 143WaZoBia: 1:41am On Aug 09, 2021
Staphylococcus:

Someone that should be standing strong and screaming at the top of his voice that "Oduduwa Republic or death"

The devil really blessed this generation with fake things. From fake pastors to fake freedom fighters.
It is your president and buratai that are cowards. Since all these days they can’t march their army into small Benin to seize small Igboho very coward president and general.

220 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Officialgarri: 1:44am On Aug 09, 2021
When Igboho was screaming and boasting, and threatening and scaling a palace fence to see a king under duress, parading himself as the new champion in town with his local bullet proof, the old men just sat watching him. Allowed him to explore his youthfulness.

But when it was time to call him to order, it was an easy catch. Now the old men are the ones still pleading on his behalf.

I must attain and join the cabal of shot callers in this country.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:07am On Aug 09, 2021
Defend your own, you don't need to give anyone a reason for doing that.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by IgweOfNnewi: 4:52am On Aug 09, 2021
Omololu said, “Obasanjo is a Yoruba man first before becoming a president. Yoruba leaders are not noisemakers, they don’t make noise, they act. Look at the way we fought the NADECO battle, it was intellectually coordinated.
We are moving

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Powersurge: 4:57am On Aug 09, 2021
I love the way Ijaws protected Tompolo. Any southerner that allow the present Nigeria to try his own is an irredeemable fool.

Laws only takes effect if a southerner is involved. But if otherwise, you will see a whole Attorney General defending murderous herders.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Jostoman: 5:13am On Aug 09, 2021
Officialgarri:
When Igboho was screaming and boasting, and threatening and scaling a palace fence to see a king under duress, parading himself as the new champion in town with his local bullet proof, the old men just sat watching him. Allowed him to explore his youthfulness.

But when it was time to call him to order, it was an easy catch. Now the old men are the ones still pleading on his behalf.

igboho really used his wisdom that day by not retaliate against those soldiers and DSS because he realized that they came to kill him and not arrest him.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Badb0y4lyf(m): 5:22am On Aug 09, 2021
The yoruba at the Herm of government can read between the lines.

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Elzakzaky: 5:25am On Aug 09, 2021
The same Ooni that Igboho was raining insults on is the same person working to get a soft landing for him. Where is the Alaafin that Igboho was praising to the heavens?

OgbeniOptional:
They are working behind the scenes. Je ki Ori e o pe

Yes, Alaafin is working behind the scenes with his young wives tongue

18 Likes

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by JoeEeL(m): 5:26am On Aug 09, 2021
Staphylococcus:

Officialgarri:

29 Likes

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by OgbeniOptional(m): 5:32am On Aug 09, 2021
I never knew Igboho was this smart, if he had killed during those rallies or retaliated when those assassins visited him. all these Yoruba elders won’t stand by him. Mojamosa ni a mon akikanju.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by OgbeniOptional(m): 5:35am On Aug 09, 2021

Elzakzaky:
The same Ooni that Igboho was raining insults on is the same person working to get a soft landing for him. Where is the Alaafin that Igboho was praising to the heavens?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Elzakzaky: 5:36am On Aug 09, 2021
Powersurge:
I love the way Ijaws protected Tompolo

If the government wanted to arrest him, they will arrest him and heaven will not fall

5 Likes

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Elzakzaky: 5:39am On Aug 09, 2021
OgbeniOptional:

4 Likes

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by omoyankee3(m): 5:40am On Aug 09, 2021
makes sense
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Gandollaar(f): 5:40am On Aug 09, 2021
All you APC coneheads fake omoluabis that h insult Obj to please Tinubu, come and line up here for your early morning koboko!

Good one from Baba and his boys!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by prigoz(m): 5:41am On Aug 09, 2021
Inasmuch as am not a Yoruba, I am supporting them on this, Igbo leaders except Abiribe should hide their faces in shame bcoz of fear of one certificateless I'd*ot at Aso Rock, they betrayed their brother. Jungle had mature. Have you seen any of their governors, elders or former leaders against Igboho, Mba( No) , Yorubas are more organized than igbos who are sell out. Just my little observation though. Happy sit out home if you care. Have a blissful Monday and stress free week if possible in Nigeria

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by DSoj(m): 5:42am On Aug 09, 2021
These so called leaders are full of shiit.. Aligning with a useless secessionist? .

2 Likes

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by 143WaZoBia: 5:42am On Aug 09, 2021
27Pushing30:

I repeat you are a daft entity

In 2021 , they should just INVADE another country.

And you will claim buhari is clueless .

You’re a total waste of space
You are very stupid and lack comprehension wonder how your like make it out of school. Must be through quota system.
Stop mentioning me. You jumped into my mention without brain and I don’t know how to respond to you. Someone with a little brain will decode my comment but you never will. I don’t understand why you are still mentioning me if at 27 you can’t read to comprehend what I wrote why mentioning me or even stressing a dialogue.
Sofe pasan ni?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Coronavirus1: 5:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Staphylococcus:

The devil really blessed this
generation with fake things. From fake pastors to fake freedom fighters.
oga you forgot your sense for your mama House no breastfeeding

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Gandollaar(f): 5:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Elzakzaky:

If the government wanted to arrest him, they will arrest him and heaven will not fall
Too early to kiss buhari's dry arse nau

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by OgbeniOptional(m): 5:44am On Aug 09, 2021
U must be dem quota system people. Enjoy

Elzakzaky:

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu / Ike Ekweremadu Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen's Attack In Enugu - Read / What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.