Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Lets Start An Open Source Project - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lets Start An Open Source Project (3545 Views)

An Open Source Social Networking Script That Looks Like Facebook / Open Source Courier Cargo Tracking Software Script Written In Php/mysql / How To Start An Online Radio Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2011
Dual Core:

Let's build a roof over our heads and a place we can call office and home at the same time.
Supported. . .
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by databoy247(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2011
hehehehe
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Fayimora(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2011
@pc guru i ddnt say jQuery is a plugin, it started off as a pluggin an then became a library. Also, am not saying you guys should develop a javascript library, i just used jQuery as an example. Its good to do something different!
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by WarHorse1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
Project 1

An online database for road safety that will do the following
[list]
[li]View number of road accidents[/li]
[li] Access to quick identification of accident victims[/li]
[li] Show travelers data supplied from manifests by transporters[/li]
[li] Access these information via internet[/li]
[li] and any more[/li]
[/list]

Project 2

An online database for collecting information via sms on areas in Nigeria with poor electricity supply
[list]
[li]View statistics of worse hit areas[/li]
[li] Monitor the effectiveness of the efforts of government on electricity[/li]
[li] Possibly receive complaints related to electricity[/li]
[li] and any more[/li]
[/list]
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by OmniPotens(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2011
#Suggestion 1
Payment gateway
Challenge: Battle InterSwitch, Etranzact, etc and get something good enough we can call a Nigerian payment gateway
Target: Nigerian paypal

More suggestions still to roll out.

@Fayimora I need your contact info. My email is on my profile.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Afam4eva(m): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Omnipotent
I think I support this online payment thingy to rival Interswitch. The good thing about it is that it will be open source which will make the current industry leaders to run out of business.As web developers with websites to our name, we couls implement it on our sites.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by iwantto(m): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2011

Dual Core
Let's build a roof over our heads and a place we can call office and home at the same time.

This has got me really thinking. An open source platform that supports businesses to grow and also supports greater social netwroking capability.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Fayimora(m): 2:08am On Aug 25, 2011
OmniPotens:

#Suggestion 1
Payment gateway
Challenge: Battle InterSwitch, Etranzact, etc and get something good enough we can call a Nigerian payment gateway
Target: Nigerian paypal

More suggestions still to roll out.

@Fayimora I need your contact info. My email is on my profile.

Sent u a pm cheesy
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by guru01(m): 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
Enough of the idea contribution.
What i suggest now is that we should cast a vote on the available idea provided.
Then the idea with more vote should be carriedout.
What do you think?
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by iwantto(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
guru01:

Enough of the idea contribution.
What i suggest now is that we should cast a vote on the available idea provided.
Then the idea with more vote should be carriedout.
What do you think?

Great, so can we first identify the ideas suggested so far?
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by guru01(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
@all
What is happening to this topic?
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Fayimora(m): 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
YOu mean what has happened? .lol They have all drop down their ideas and disappeared. Thats what happens on NL. My advice, if you are serious about an opensource project, start one, Make something work and then put in a public repository for contributions
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fayimora:

YOu mean what has happened? .lol They have all drop down their ideas and disappeared. Thats what happens on NL. My advice, if you are serious about an opensource project, start one, Make something work and then put in a public repository for contributions

WORD
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by iwantto(m): 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
I actually ignored this post as I discovered that we are not really cut out for a groupware right now. I am currently developing smaller applications and scripts I can easily give out for FREE.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fayimora:

That is very true. That is why i single-handed built my framework - am already working on documentation.
If it is not working - Nigerians are just not interested.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by guru01(m): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
i_want_to:

I actually ignored this post as I discovered that we are not really cut out for a groupware right now. I am currently developing smaller applications and scripts I can easily give out for FREE.
Then why did you come up with the post at first?
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 01, 2011
guru01:

Then why did you come up with the post at first?
He thought it was a great idea - and i believe so too - but like dual core said - the most important
code we naija developers need is - a roof over our heads!
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by guru01(m): 3:49am On Sep 01, 2011
*dhtml:

He thought it was a great idea - and i believe so too - but like dual core said - the most important
code we naija developers need is - a roof over our heads!
Is that what you beleive also?
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by mukina5(f): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2011
guru01:

Is that what you beleive also?
Caramba! But of course, that is what i have observed, and si, i believe so.
- Hasta la vista
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by guru01(m): 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
At times, i don't know if people really know that two head's are better than one, and i also think that some people are weak to become a leader or afraid to handle such post.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by guru01(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
Am out until further notice.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Fayimora(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
HAHhaha take it easy guys! Like I said, if you have an opensource project in mind, you cant immediately collaborate here(except if u meet in person). However, develop your idea practically to some working stage or something, then put ur stuff in a repo and see the amount of contributors you would get!
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by chillaz(f): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2011
Am in to this project, am a lady though, bt that doesnt mean you guys cn underestimate me. Lol!
Am basically into cake"PHP",ruby,C++,java,python and a little of oracle and asp.
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by chillaz(f): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2011
Anyone on good in asp? You guys can help out,i need to learn it well
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by remoranger(m): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2011
off topic. @chillaz. You so fine cool
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Fayimora(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2011
Cool welcome. Why you asking about ASP? Do you need some help? If yes then it would be better if you just post your difficulty and someone would definitely help ya. You alone(i mean female) with those languages!!! Impressive.

@remoranger hmmmm
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by chillaz(f): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2011
remoranger:

off topic. @chillaz. You so fine cool
thanks, i appreciate
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by chillaz(f): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2011
Fayimora:

Cool welcome. Why you asking about ASP? Do you need some help? If yes then it would be better if you just post your difficulty and someone would definitely help ya. You alone(i mean female) with those languages!!! Impressive.

@remoranger hmmmm
ok thanks, wch are you good in? Definately,if i need help, i will surely seek it here:
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Fayimora(m): 10:54am On Sep 02, 2011
chillaz:

ok thanks, which are you good in? Definitely,if i need help, i will surely seek it here:
Lets just say you can ask me anything! Dont wanna start listing cheesy Am mostly in the Programming section though. . .
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by Fayimora(m): 3:43am On Sep 03, 2011
Hahahahahhaa when its comes to a group project on nairaland, forget it!
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by OmniPotens(m): 4:59am On Sep 03, 2011
Since Open Source Project don hard us like piss hard fowl, pls let us think about Closed Destination Project.

Until Nigerians learn to work together, we can't achieve big. We only get fractions here and there that never make a name or cross our different local offices.

Seems this topic sef go enter sleep mode.

Very dulling.

Why did I even waste my time suggesting too. I guess I was dizzy when I did and also forgot I was to deal with Nigerians, lol tongue
Re: Lets Start An Open Source Project by dhtml7(m): 6:09am On Sep 03, 2011
I knew it from the start. . .that it would kinda end like this (simplemente because we are Nigerians)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blogging : Everything Single Thing You Need To Know.Training !! Free Slots !! / Free Domain Name Registration In Nigeria / How To Use Shoptomydoor To Get Ordered Goods Abroad To Your Door Step.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.