Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family (90175 Views)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by cliqtips: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2022
It is well

1 Like

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by nellus: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2022
UK na hot cake now
Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by occfx: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2022
QuinModah:
Last Friday, I hugged one of my most impressive colleagues goodbye. He turned away, sobbing. I turned away with voice quaking, realizing what a big loss he would be.

Later that evening, I had another get-together with a second friend who relocates this week. While discussing his massive expense, he suddenly slouched in his chair, stressfully squeezed the empty ragolis bottle in his hands and concluded:

"Oremi, this relocation has cost me almost everything"
"You don’t want to know!" He further sighed "You don’t."

Today, with the help and data from three (3) relocating friends, I compile the rough cost (below) for prospective relocating families (focus on UK) and a poem for my friend and Nigeria:

Cost of Japa from Nigeria for a family of 4= 180k
Renewal of Passport
Official rate 22k
Accelerated rate 45k
Some pay as high as 75k

Transcript 75k
Usually, one parent is a student
30-45k for school runs
25-30k to send

Estimated Tuition fee deposit
11,000-18,000-pound sterling
4.5m most schools want 50% deposit

Proof of fund (In deposit)
Family of 4 need 25m in deposited in an accoun 2-3 months

UK Visa 1.4m
Family of 4 pay 475-pound sterling

NHF
Family of 4 pay 875-pound sterling

Flight ticket 2.8m
Depending on booking
700k person x4
Some have booked as high as 1.2m

Arrival Accommodation 4.4m
1st Month shortlet 200-pound sterling per week
refundable deposit of 250 pound
First 6 months at 750 pounds

Total Cost 19m for family of four to UK not Canada or US. It can be cheaper or more

Oremi, I hope we meet again,
as you japa to find fresh grain,
to return if Nigeria again reigns?
God, will any leader ever end this drain?
But prayers will be in vain,
if in 2023, unwisely we vote again.

God bless everyone who has relocated. God bless everyone staying behind. God bless #Nigeria.

I am even too lazy to calculate the total... Help us with total.

All my strength is focused on voting Peter Obi. Bulaba can go to hell and continue his Mkpuru miri business

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by FacelessKing: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2022
This is serious
Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by NaijaCover(m): 9:16am On Dec 01, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by skentelelady(f): 9:16am On Dec 01, 2022
Doing business in Nigeria is really frustrating now. The cost of materials couple with logistic is very cra3y. The way price of goods goes up every day is mad and killing

Things are getting worse in this country day by day. Before we can fix this country even if we got the right candidate, it would take another 8years.

If you have the means please leave then come back when everything is right.
Those who are saying slave mentality have a way they are getting their money that makes them think that way which everybody doesnt have access to.

I am I to Agribusiness but it is tiring now. Just look around as Agriculture is not booming anymore like before

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by benqo01(m): 9:17am On Dec 01, 2022
Wait must i even go to UK it is not even my first choice country wetin una wan kill unaself for?

I move to More affordable country like Switzerland,finland or Belgium......UK no dey move me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Soulsymbol99: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2022
Why pple no dey japa 2 US?abi Biden don lock up everywhere? Everybody na Canada and UK, Peckham na d New Eko grin

2 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Toosure70: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2022
Let's face our problem by our problem once o
Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by 16inchdick: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2022
Hamachi:
This one way you dey na greener pasture. No light, No good road, you travel by road or even, you get kidnapped by bandit

What area in Asaba ?

2 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by sonnie10: 9:20am On Dec 01, 2022
It is well
Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Formularcr7: 9:20am On Dec 01, 2022
JAPA is for the middle class

2 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by akwesenana: 9:21am On Dec 01, 2022
Pojomojo:
Team JAPA are among the lazy and irrational citizens. I wonder why many don’t think of the reason why they found themeselves to be citizens of Nigeria.

JAPA mentality IMO you have no plan to influence your nation or your society, it appears you’re not in tune with the purpose of your existence but only focused on your personal interest.

We’ve been lied to that life is what we felt it is when actually it’s extremely the opposite of what we’ve been told.

Don’t be surprised that citizens of civilized countries are tied of their country just as we’re tied too. Strict laws we don’t follow here, you’ll get there and comport yourself meanwhile, their citizens are tied of such laws cause they know some countries are lawless.

Wow, humanity on the run to nowhere when nothing is chasing them but themselves and they lament it’s life.
This money for relocation is enough to set up a micro enterprise to meet the fast growing population in Nigeria / Neighboring African country, with a plan for upgrade of the business as the cash flow increases. There is no free launch any where in the world. Africa has a lot of gap and opportunities to be filled and harnessed. All the same relocation is good with respective individual evaluation of the opportunities and risk.
For every thing in life, there is time and season for every one, so it is always good to get prepared for the opportunities.

My advise is that individual should relocate on personal reasons and not because your close friend or family member has travelled to the UK or Canada, The case varies and individual potentials, opportunities and luck varies.

A family of 4 that have truly "Japa" to the UK knows your total initial cost is highly exaggerated for the popular one-year masters.

1. School fees can be paid at an official rate (less than 500 nairas) and some schools require a 2k or 5k pounds deposit. This drops the tuition deposit to about 1m to 2.5m. If I assume a 5k deposit, it saves 2m nairas compared to yours.

2. For proof of funds (in interest), you need tuition balance + living expenses. Most school tuition is less than 13,000 pounds, and there are schools with less than 10000 pounds tuition. If you deposit 5000 pounds (2.5m nairas) for a 13,000-pound school, you will need about 8000 pounds (4m nairas) more for the tuition balance. You will also need 29,000 pounds for living expenses for a family of 4 outside London. (29,000+8000) pounds= 37,000 pounds (about 17.5m naira). At 3.5% interest, 17.5m naira will yield 612,500 naira. Saves about 1.9 million nairas compared to yours.

To-be continued..
All the best.!
Peace
Writing from Melbourne, Florida. cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 01, 2022
Long route!

Better ways exist!

Dont let me break the code here before UK embassy gets to know!

You will be in UK legally in less than 5 weeks.

8 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by yankison(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2022
Pojomojo:
Team JAPA are among the lazy and irrational citizens. I wonder why many don’t think of the reason why they found themeselves to be citizens of Nigeria.

JAPA mentality IMO you have no plan to influence your nation or your society, it appears you’re not in tune with the purpose of your existence but only focused on your personal interest.

We’ve been lied to that life is what we felt it is when actually it’s extremely the opposite of what we’ve been told.

Don’t be surprised that citizens of civilized countries are tied of their country just as we’re tied too. Strict laws we don’t follow here, you’ll get there and comport yourself meanwhile, their citizens are tied of such laws cause they know some countries are lawless.

Wow, humanity on the run to nowhere when nothing is chasing them but themselves and they lament it’s life.
This money for relocation is enough to set up a micro enterprise to meet the fast growing population in Nigeria / Neighboring African country, with a plan for upgrade of the business as the cash flow increases. There is no free launch any where in the world. Africa has a lot of gap and opportunities to be filled and harnessed. All the same relocation is good with respective individual evaluation of the opportunities and risk.
For every thing in life, there is time and season for every one, so it is always good to get prepared for the opportunities.

My advise is that individual should relocate on personal reasons and not because your close friend or family member has travelled to the UK or Canada, The case varies and individual potentials, opportunities and luck varies.

A family of 4 that have truly "Japa" to the UK knows your total initial cost is highly exaggerated for the popular one-year masters.

1. School fees can be paid at an official rate (less than 500 nairas) and some schools require a 2k or 5k pounds deposit. This drops the tuition deposit to about 1m to 2.5m. If I assume a 5k deposit, it saves 2m nairas compared to yours.

2. For proof of funds (in interest), you need tuition balance + living expenses. Most school tuition is less than 13,000 pounds, and there are schools with less than 10000 pounds tuition. If you deposit 5000 pounds (2.5m nairas) for a 13,000-pound school, you will need about 8000 pounds (4m nairas) more for the tuition balance. You will also need 29,000 pounds for living expenses for a family of 4 outside London. (29,000+8000) pounds= 37,000 pounds (about 17.5m naira). At 3.5% interest, 17.5m naira will yield 612,500 naira. Saves about 1.9 million nairas compared to yours.

To-be continued..

All the best.!
Peace

Well the reason is not far fetched ,when some Animals we CO habit with in Nigeria are still all clamouring to return evil APC to power after all we have been through . a litre of fuel is 280 , gas 900,rice 1500. No light yet bills kept coming , Street link road are very dusty right now in so many places across the nation's .
Bro it's like living in Hell and all we keep getting here in APC renewed Hope . if u can stand it some people can't
My 2cents

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by adecz: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2022
The only thing that is cheap in
oyibo land is food and pre-tertiary university
education, everything else is costly and
na as you dey earn the money, na so you dey spend am, bill, tax tariffs everywhere.

In order to keep your head above
water, you must have more than one
job, savings is very difficult, so you are
on constant high jump.

13 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by AnonymustME(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2022
Hamachi:
There is one in Asaba 100m a 2 and half plot

Lol 100m for 2 and a half plot in Asaba? Asaba?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Isobug: 9:24am On Dec 01, 2022
Pojomojo:

To-be continued..
All the best.!
Peace
You don't have talk

5 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Conte144(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2022
smiley
Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by GorgeousAF(f): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2022
If I have my way me sef go Japa....!!! Nigeria doesn't look like it's going to get any better �

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by pocohantas(f): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2022
benqo01:
Wait must i even go to UK it is not even my first choice country wetin una wan kill unaself for?

I move to More affordable country like Switzerland,finland or Belgium......UK no dey move me

UK has a 95% success rate.

The remaining countries you mentioned are not easy to get into.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Probina: 9:27am On Dec 01, 2022
This your poem really touched me
Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by rajiedreez: 9:27am On Dec 01, 2022
shocked shocked 19m

2 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by benqo01(m): 9:28am On Dec 01, 2022
pocohantas:

UK has a 95% success rate.

The remaining countries you mentioned are not easy to get into.

This is the reason they will continue to feed on us,what rate is 95% lol,do u know how many people were denied visa.

Bro u lie those countries re wa easier than UK na y Dem dey do anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2022
Pojomojo:

To-be continued..
All the best.!
Peace
Yeah

Again people don't realise this thing called japa is one of the factors responsible for our declining economy, rapidly erosion and corrosion of the value of our currency.

To compound the matter, the leaders esp this regime have a great disgust for the masses. They always feel like impaling the masses to the wall anytime they (the people) cry for their right, ask for accountability, cry for good governance!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Dshocker(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2022
QuinModah:
Last Friday, I hugged one of my most impressive colleagues goodbye. He turned away, sobbing. I turned away with voice quaking, realizing what a big loss he would be.

Later that evening, I had another get-together with a second friend who relocates this week. While discussing his massive expense, he suddenly slouched in his chair, stressfully squeezed the empty ragolis bottle in his hands and concluded:

Today, with the help and data from three (3) relocating friends, I compile the rough cost (below) for prospective relocating families (focus on UK) and a poem for my friend and Nigeria:

Renewal of Passport
Official rate 22k
Accelerated rate 45k
Some pay as high as 75k

Transcript 75k
30-45k for school runs
25-30k to send

UK Visa 1.4m

NHF

Flight ticket 2.8m
Depending on booking
700k person x4

Total Cost 19m for family of four to UK not Canada or US. It can be cheaper or more

God bless everyone who has relocated. God bless everyone staying behind. God bless #Nigeria.

Madam, Benin witch no cost reach N500...

With N500 you go fly enter UK, cos me no understand all these write up you write so.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by 16inchdick: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2022
QuinModah:

Renewal of Passport
Official rate 22k
Accelerated rate 45k
Some pay as high as 75k

Transcript 75k
30-45k for school runs
25-30k to send

UK Visa 1.4m

NHF

Flight ticket 2.8m
Depending on booking
700k person x4

Are you sure it should be more
Me when I did my calculations
My cost implication for only me was #14Million
@ black market rate cos to get dollar@ official rate na die

5 Likes

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Globad(f): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2022
zed7:
I always tell people that japa is not for the poor. It's the middle class that can actually afford to relocate. Right now it's all about herd mentality. Many are like a bull going to the slaughter house. No concrete plan.

I actually wish them goodluck. They will sweat and grind for every penny. Nothing is given freely.

Whilst I know the country failed them, I also know that this is second slavery. The West don't need guns and mirrors anymore, they just need to dangle visas and tweak their policies a little and our best hands will run and go slaving for them, whilst their citizens idle away and enjoy the fruit of our peoples hardwork. Just like the days of old.

The West got this advanced with the sweat of Africans and other less developed nations. They're still doing same till date. It's pathetic.

Your head is correct

1 Like

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by Konjiboii: 9:31am On Dec 01, 2022
Don't let anyone fool you oh, you see those first 5 comments,DO NOT TAKE THEM SERIOUS. if you can japa legitimately while having a job over there you are good. And you will recover the funds you spent processing your travel easy. The way Naija is going right now it will be foolish not to have a plan B, japa is not just for you alone but your kids and next generation to have an OPTION in life, fvck patriotism and do what's best for YOU and YOUR family.naija is not worth it.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family by pocohantas(f): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2022
benqo01:

This is the reason they will continue to feed on us,what rate is 95% lol,do u know how many people were denied visa.

Bro u lie those countries re wa easier than UK na y Dem dey do anyhow

Okay… smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Akintola Seun "Big Wayne" Dies In Car Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.