Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) (29440 Views)

Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action / We're on a 'highway to climate hell', UN chief warns world leaders (Pics, Video) / Boris Johnson Warns World Leaders They Have 1000 Hours To Tackle Climate Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Holiness2100: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
CATASTROPHIC CONSEQUENCES: The world's five nuclear superpowers are 'on the brink of a direct armed conflict' which will have 'catastrophic consequences', Russia warns

The world's five nuclear superpowers are 'on the brink of a direct armed conflict' which will have 'catastrophic consequences', Russia has warned.

The Kremlin said on Wednesday that avoiding a nuclear clash between the world's nuclear powers was its first priority, but accused the West of 'encouraging provocations with weapons of mass destruction'.

Western capitals have said Moscow is behind a ramping up of nuclear rhetoric since Russia invaded Ukraine in February - most recently by repeatedly accusing Kyiv of planning to use a radioactive 'dirty bomb' without offering evidence. Kyiv has denied having any such plan.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said it feared the five declared nuclear powers were teetering 'on the brink of a direct armed conflict' and that the West must stop 'encouraging provocations with weapons of mass destruction, which can lead to catastrophic consequences'.

'We are strongly convinced that in the current complicated and turbulent situation, caused by irresponsible and impudent actions aimed at undermining our national security, the most immediate task is to avoid any military clash of nuclear powers,' the ministry said in a statement.

Moscow said it stood by a joint declaration issued together with the US, China, Britain and France in January affirming their joint responsibility for avoiding a nuclear war.

'We fully reaffirm our commitment to the joint statement of the five nuclear-weapon states' leaders on the prevention of nuclear war and the avoidance of an arms race from Jan. 3, 2022,' the ministry said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has appeared on several occasions to threaten a nuclear strike in connection with the war in Ukraine, and Moscow has repeatedly said its military doctrine permits the use of nuclear weapons if Russia's territorial integrity is under threat.

In September, Putin said he was 'not bluffing' when he stated that Russia was prepared to use 'all available means' to defend its territory.

He also said the US had created a 'precedent' at the end of World War Two when it dropped two atomic bombs on Japan.

Shortly afterwards, Ramzan Kadyrov, leader of the Chechnya region and a key ally of Putin's, called for Russia to use a 'low-yield nuclear weapon' in Ukraine.

Moscow also frequently accuses Kyiv of seeking to acquire nuclear weapons, and alleged at the start of the war that the Western NATO alliance planned to use Ukraine as a bridgehead to threaten Russia - allegations denied by Ukraine and NATO.

It was previously reported that senior Russian military leaders have discussed when and how they would use tact.

US government officials learned about the discussions in mid-October, as Moscow's nuclear rhetoric intensified, reports The New York Times.

It comes after Putin joked about the prospect of a nuclear war last week.

The Kremlin leader was asked to reassure an audience at the Valdai Discussion Club think-tank that the world is not on the verge of nuclear annihilation – and chose to respond with a long pause.

When host Fyodor Lukyanov pointed out his silence was 'alarming', a smirking Putin responded: 'I did that on purpose so you would be on your guard. The effect has been achieved.'

John F. Kirby, a National Security Council official, told the New York Times: 'We've been clear from the outset that Russia's comments about the potential use of nuclear weapons are deeply concerning, and we take them seriously.

Russia's nuclear stockpile, the largest in the world, consists of 'tactical', lower-yield bombs and strategic weapons that can annihilate cities and population centres.
Its tactical nukes, with a yield of between ten and 100 kilotons, are designed for use on the battlefield in contested territory.

In comparison, the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945 was approximately 18 kilotons.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11382643/amp/The-worlds-five-nuclear-superpowers-brink-direct-armed-conflict.html

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Robnectar(m): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2022
There is one word resonating around the globe right now and that is the word NUCLEAR!!!!!

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse are Galloping to ride.

Just look allover the world and side by side with the Holy Bible Endtimes events. You will see clearly that things are not falling apart! They are falling together.

I'M no more looking for the Signs of the times,
I'M listening for the sound of the Trumpet.
JESUS CHRIST is about to break open the sky and snatch His own out of here.
Be Ready! Get Ready! Live Ready!

69 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by AllahIsDevil: 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
Dailymail nonsense

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by FalseProphet1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
I see a nuclear war taking place, I see a third of the world's population being destroyed, I see most of the earth destroyed, I see the survivors repopulating the earth like in the days of Noah.

This I have seen

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by datola: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
Pride goes before fall

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by HomeTutorsPro: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
Next please

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by bazooka4jesus: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
cry cry
Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by kushma(m): 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
They should start it already oh, I’m tired of hearing warning this and that. Isn’t it Russia that is escalating the crises by invading Ukraine?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Andres28(m): 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
Putin throw the first nuclear bomb if you get mind

US already told you before you invaded Ukraine that they will provide Ukraine with weapons to defend their country for as long as it will take. Now you are crying that the west is supplying Ukraine with weapons of mass destruction.
If you're already seeing( small boys)HIMARS AND ATACM launchers as weapons of mass destruction then what will happen when USA unleash their deadly missiles grin grin grin grin
Nor start war u nor hear, now Una don they cry grin grin grin

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by donforeign: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
Go ahead and launch the weapon idiot... useless people... Apart from weapon, nothing una dey contribute to humanity..

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by olusam4: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
War war war

Hmmmmmmmm

Lord give us your peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Danisaint112(m): 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
Where are those pro Putin urchins that said Russia is having a free ride in Ukraine?

If we tell you guys Russia is receiving correct heat in Ukraine by Ukrainian forces you will tell us it is Western propaganda but otherwise if Russia is wining.

Russia is receiving great losses in Ukraine, what they expected is not what they're seeing.

Their annoyance now is that upon all these losses the west and NATO is still sending military aids and supply to Ukrainian forces furthermore making Ukraine impenetrable and the task a daunting one.

I remember when Pro Putin urchins said the war would end in two weeks. I just laughed because they were all ignorant.

Even without Western support trust me the war wouldn't have ended by now. You can use the Biafra to Nigeria civil war as an example.

Firstly, you can't defeat people bravely fighting for their land easily. Visit history of such wars.

Secondly, this guy's know their land more than you do.

Thridly, the Ukrainians have not just western support but world support (food, medial supplies, military aides & almost anything they need).

Honestly, I don't see Russia wining this war (my opinion).

All I can say to Putin and his myopic supporters in Russia is that if you want to try America then go ahead and try.

The people I pity are the innocent citizens though. Yes there will be losses on both sides that's why it's war but Russia has a higher chance of facing extinction.

Imagine fighting a world known nuclear power, with a millennium plus of combat experience plus all NATO allies.

Bruuuh.... shocked If Dictator Vladamyr Putin values the lifes of his people he shouldn't try shit. America no be E mate. Save this post.

They day Putin rebel against America and it's NATO allies that is the day his and that of Russia downfall will begin.

The loss will be Epic and will go down in History as the greatest extinction move done against humanity.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Lexusgs430: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Putin should withdraw from Ukraine......... Simple......

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Decentdave(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
With this write up I can see Putin is ready to fight the west.. with this whole saga who is at fault
Like for RUSSIA share for WEST

28 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by lessonotes(f): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Surrender to Jesus Christ today.

Say this after me - "Lord Jesus, I come to you today as a sinner. Please help me; I can't help myself. I believe you're the Son of God; I believe you died for me; I believe you rose up on the third day and I believe you'll come back again. Please come into my heart; write my name in the book of Life, remove my name from the book of death, so that at the end I would see you again. Thank you Lord Jesus; in Jesus Mighty Name I pray".

Amen

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Tinubuwins2023e: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
I cannot wait for the West to nuke Russia and wipe them off the surface of the earth

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by INDOMIE9090(f): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
No be me you go roast

Home here I come
Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Brooktrader: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
undecided to what end? Hmmmn
Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Opinedecandid(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hold it there, children....
Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by ogascomax: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
USA and the West are the aggressor not Russia. USA is just playing the devil's game but the west eyes are opening gradually.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by KingOfTheDamned: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
grin

Why warn? I thought Russia is a super super power who can fight the whole world ?

Dummies

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by OgunKiLhordSpy: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ol
Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Nackzy: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
let it start joor

4 Likes

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by merits(m): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
Holiness2100:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11382643/amp/The-worlds-five-nuclear-superpowers-brink-direct-armed-conflict.html
I know Nigeria is capable to defend its own territory no shaking,Putin should bring it on.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Redoil: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
empty threats as usual

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by jimetagambo: 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Russia and nuclear threats are like a snail and it's shell. Rogue country and loser.

21 Likes

Re: Russia Warns: World 5 Nuclear Superpowers On The Verge Of Conflict (Pics) by Karlovych: 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
The world needs Jesus

26 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taliban: Afghanistan's Central Asian Neighbours Panic, Reject Refugees / 498 Russian Soldiers Killed, Russia Defence Ministry Announce Casualty Figures / Palestine Calls For UN Intervention To Halt Israeli Aggression On Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.