Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday (727 Views)

Happy 89th Birthday To General Gowon. See This 50-Year Throwback Newspaper / Peter Obi Celebrates Prof. Wole Soyinka On His 89th Birthday / Bianca Ojukwu On Vacation With Daughter, Chineme In St. Tropez, French Riviera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by gidgiddy: 2:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
I want to send my tributes to the man I consider the greatest Igbo man to have walked the surface of the earth, on what would have been his 89th Birthday. The man who rose and fought for the freedom of his people, no matter the cost, at a time when all others chose to bow to the Caliphate out of fear

The Peoples General, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (November 4th 1933 - 26th November 2011)

Ikemba! Dikedioramma! Eze Igbo Gburu-Gburu!

I bless your soul wherever you may be. You went to Aburi to prevent war, they broke Aburi agreement and brought war

You told them that Nigeria would never work unless it was a loose federal arrangement, they created multiple states to make the centre more powerful and less federal

You warned them that "One Nigeria' should be by negotiation and not force, they said that all that Nigeria needed to be great was to be together

You told them that oppression, tyranny and injustice will never bring peace, they called you a fool for rising up to fight against those vices

You warned them that the problem of Nigeria was in the foundations, and if the foundations were not revisited, anything built on top would fail. They ignored you

Today, you have been vindicated. The Nigeria you fought against turned out to be a disaster. The "one Nigeria" they said is everything, has become the worthless slogan of political thieves. Everything you warned against, came to happen. It is no longer in dispute that you were right to fight, even if you did not succeed

Happy Birthday Ikemba, keep resting in the Lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnWyT1lf7aE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Ikpaitid: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
Tribute to an IPOB idiot?
May he rest on pieces.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by N3TRAL: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
The southern "minorities" were the real victims of the war. Federal forces were killing our males for siding with Biafra, Igbos were killing our men for being "saboteurs." The federal forces had enough soldiers on their side but our kids were forcefully conscripted into the Biafran army and sent to fight professionals with sticks.

Ojukwu was feeding on milk and honey. Ojukwu was already allocating my community's petroleum deposits to the his foreign allies.

The genocide you lots whine about was witnessed in my grand mother's town. More than half of the children in her community died because they had no salt for more than a year. She told me about how they would swell and die.
In one of the notorious raids, my father was hidden in a River like the biblical Moses. My grandfather would try to make a substitute for salt with his scientific knowledge using local organic materials around to save the few children he could until the Red Cross sent relief materials. We depended on sea food to survive. But a trip to the rivers in our neighborhood was ,80:20- Death-Life. The description of the conflict is sickening- military jets hovering around the blue sky and blood thirsty soldiers ready to paint the ground red from above .

It was worse because we never consented to the secession and were forced to fight a war that was orchestrated to control our natural resources by either belligerents who would win.

I curse the Skeletons of Ojukwu the coward and the day he was born.

3 Likes

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by christistruth01: 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
If Only Ojukwu had not fled when his magnificently shaped head was about to be used for gunfire practice by the FG Soldiers

Gowon was too Magnanimous

4 Likes

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Nyamuri: 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
Lol the coward chimpanzee looking creature, who absconded after sacrificing 2m nyamuri flat.heads for ritual, while that ashawo Bianca was receiving premium prick from FFK grin cheesy

The most ugly human!

3 Likes

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Nyamuri: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
christistruth01:
If Only Ojukwu had not fled when his magnificently shaped head was about to be used for gunfire practice by the FG Soldiers

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by praxs(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
gidgiddy:
I want to send my tributes to the man I consider the greatest Igbo man to have walked the surface of the earth, on what would have been his 89th Birthday. The man who rose and fought for the freedom of his people, no matter the cost, at a time when all others chose to bow to the Caliphate out of fear

The Peoples General, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

I bless your soul wherever you may be. You went to Aburi to prevent war, they broke Aburi agreement and brought war

You told them that Nigeria would never work unless it was a loose federal arrangement, they created multiple states to make the centre more powerful and less federal

You warned them that "One Nigeria' should be by negotiation and not force, they said that all that Nigeria needed to be great was to be together

You told them that oppression, tyranny and injustice will never bring peace, they called you a fool for rising up to fight against those vices

You warned them that the problem of Nigeria was in the foundations, and if the foundations were not revisited, anything built on top would fail. They ignored you

Today, you have been vindicated. The Nigeria you fought against turned out to be a disaster. The "one Nigeria" they said is everything, has become the worthless slogan of political thieves. Everything you warned against, came to happen. It is no longer in dispute that you were right to fight, even if you did not succeed

Continue to Rest In Peace. You did what you had to do for your people!

Vote Atiku for a united Nigeria
Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Bardo: 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
Our messiah.

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Urheadmaster(m): 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
praxs:

Continue to Rest In Peace. You did what you had to do for your people!

Vote Atiku for a united Nigeria

A vote for Atiku

Is a wasted vote tongue undecided
Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by praxs(m): 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
Urheadmaster:

A vote for Atiku

Is a wasted vote tongue undecided

We will see about that come feb 2023

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by RestructureNig1: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nyamuri:
Lol the coward chimpanzee looking creature, who absconded after sacrificing 2m nyamuri flat.heads for ritual, while that ashawo Bianca was receiving premium prick from FFK grin cheesy

The most ugly human!

I know many aboki like you are product of bandits

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Fortruth: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2022
An African Hero….who wanted Africans to be free and not to continue to answer Nigger names all over the place from European colonizers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
Strong man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by gidgiddy: 9:48am On Nov 04, 2022
christistruth01:

The good thing is that Gowon is still alive today to see his "one Nigeria " become poverty capital of the world, second most terrorised country on earth, and an all round mess, just like Ojukwu predicted over 50 years ago it would become
Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by skaramanga: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2022
Nyamuri:

The most ugly human!

FFK dont have d capacity to deliver prick to Anybody.
IMPOTENT BABOON NA HIS NAME

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Truthisunique2: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2022
gidgiddy:

The good thing is that Gowon is still alive today to see his "one Nigeria " become poverty capital of the world, second most terrorised country on earth, and an all round mess, just like Ojukwu predicted over 50 years ago it would become
but Obi is crawling to lead the one Nigeria when no good after the same ojikuwu failed multiple times in his dreams of ruling it
Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Sonyboom: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2022
See the oloriburuku Igbo are celebrating ? Can anyone believe this cursed bastard wasted over 3 million foolish Igbos over grandstanding.

gidgiddy:

The Peoples General, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (November 4th 1933 - 26th November 2011)

Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by gidgiddy: 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2022
Sonyboom:
See the oloriburuku Igbo are celebrating ? Can anyone believe this cursed bastard wasted over 3 million foolish Igbos over grandstanding.

So why is that one paining you none Igbos more than us Igbos?
Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by Christistruth00: 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
gidgiddy:

Gowon is Alive today to see one Nigeria become the Biggest Economy In Sub Saharan Africa
and with the biggest Prospects by God’s Grace

If only Ojukwu had not fled when it was time for him to face the Music like a Man and fulfil
his Promise that he would rather die than abandon his People in Biafra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKkC8Yi5UY&t=44s
Re: Tribute To Ojukwu On What Would Have Been His 89th Birthday by gidgiddy: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
Christistruth00:

Gowon is Alive today to see one Nigeria become the Biggest Economy In Sub Saharan Africa
and with the biggest Prospects by God’s Grace

If only Ojukwu had not fled when it was time for him to face the Music like a Man and fulfil
his Promise that he would rather die than abandon his People in Biafra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKkC8Yi5UY&t=44s

Who cares about mundane titles such as Africas biggest economy if the quality of life is low?

Nigeria is poverty capital of the world, second most terrorised country on earth, and is less united than it was during the civil war

And Im happy Gowon is alive to see the disaster his "one Nigeria" became

(1) (Reply)

Uba Sani Shakes Kaduna As Over 12,000 Ditch PDP, Shift Support To APC / I'm Calling Wealthy Biafrans That They Are Not Exempted To Fund ESN - IPOB / Bashir Ahmad Once Called For A Civil War Over Petrol Price Increase From N65/L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.