Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence (47787 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested For Drug Smuggling In Indonesia May Face Death Penalty / Who Truly Called Davido's Nanny? Who Else Was Involved? / Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by irunoko(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ireportlive:
At this point the government has taken over the case, I pity the Nanny
na only God fit save am at this point.every member of her family no go see sleep sleep

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by PointZerom: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2022
immortalcrown:
cool

First of all, show a CCTV footage of how the boy got into the swimming pool. E get why. Make una no use rich man game fool me.

I don't want a video of him struggling in the pool. I want a video that shows how he got into the pool. I want to see a footage of how he alone moved out of the house, walked to the pool and nobody was around the pool.

Exactly, somebody must have guilded him to the pool.
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by abbey621(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
benalvino3:

the Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria - CORBON

I think he is calling for a standard.

it's not a bad thing. There is not many people who have pools in their house in Nigeria but the few who have, in less than 3 years we have 2 deaths from high-profile citizens.

june this year, 3 children drowned in a pool in their estate @ ajah. there should be some kind of security when the pool is not being used by adults. there are cases like this... you are only hearing it because it is Dbanj and Davido

if the Government can help enforce safety measures then it is a good thing.

No regulation can replace common sense, since this is not a public endangerment issue, all the government can do is advise. Even abroad, pool safety is more of a personal choice than anything else. If you like have a 10 foot pool, if you like throw your toddler in a 10 foot pool, government will not direct you on how to behave, they'll only react or deal with the consequences.
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by capofwesh(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
Privatepart00:
shocked

Having money isn’t the only key to a successful child upbringing.
Nobody can take care of a child more than the mum that gave birth to them
Why can’t the parents take the child along ? Knowing fully well the kind of environment their house is .
The mother and the father are responsible for the death of their child .
Shifting the blame to the nanny is total no .
Money can’t replace good training of a child .
They allowed the child to do as he wish while alive .
It ended up back firing.
The rich are crying and hoping for a poor nanny to blame .

So, employing a nanny to stay with your child as you run an errand is tantamount to training? Why do people send their 2 year old to crèche? They should have gone to work with them and train them there.
I don’t know why we think this way smh!
If someone is employed for a job, he/she should do it. If they are found wanting, they’ll face the law!

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by bepositive11: 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:
Sadly, the nanny won't be able to afford a good lawyer.

The thin line between civil negligence and criminal negligence is what will make the nanny win or lose.

That nanny's life is over. I think even the police and judges will take this case personally.
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Enkidu70: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
Na so Chioma take throway her five-star meal ticket. If Davido see that her smelling pussy again I sure say na heavy punch he go use take design the tohtoh.

Moral: If you got a good thing going, guard it with all you got. No dey do slay-mama big breast big nyansh upandan, only u wan meet Ooni only you wan post for instagram every day make u try get small sense oooo

6 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by bengems(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ivimmanuel:
What will the parents be charged with parental ineptitude? Parents transfering all their responsibility to strangers. Smh

It's a shame, but his parents won't admit this. Shifting blames to appear innocent ...#fact!

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Magnoliaa(f): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
iLegendd, I hope for all of the money you claim to have, you'll have enough common sense to install protective measures all around your 'rented apartment' so no one close to you will fall a victim of this tragic fate...or any of your future offspring.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Savechild23: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
‘You will enjoin Lagos State Government to review permission on swimming pool because rich man’s sons are drowning in pools so what happens to rivers where poor men children including adults drown on daily basis, u mean those lakes doesn’t deserve policy too?
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by providencia(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
capofwesh:

Are you daft? Why did he employ a nanny?

No, you are senseless. Same thing happen to dbanj. Are you saying dbanj wife didn't look after their child too? Get off my mention you good for nothing creature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by GloriousGbola: 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
benalvino3:

the Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria - CORBON

I think he is calling for a standard.

it's not a bad thing. There is not many people who have pools in their house in Nigeria but the few who have, in less than 3 years we have 2 deaths from high-profile citizens.

june this year, 3 children drowned in a pool in their estate @ ajah. there should be some kind of security when the pool is not being used by adults. there are cases like this... you are only hearing it because it is Dbanj and Davido

if the Government can help enforce safety measures then it is a good thing.

1) this applies to PUBLIC/Commercial avenues only. you can insist that hotels / public / school / community swimming pools have a lifeguard. i have followed multiple stories of deaths by revelers in hotel swimming pools.

you however cannot insist on regulation of pools in a private residence. i may as well say, you cannot have electricity in your residence because you have small kids, or you cannot have a big tv or cooking gas. there are so many risks for a home with small children.

but there are also resources for child proofing your home. a quick google search will show there are multiple guides for protecting children from a swimming pool.

the irony is that any law against swimming pools in residential homes will go nowhere since it is the same wealthy people who flout laws that will have them .
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Qoko: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
I already feared that for the nanny.

But shey CCTV no dey that side for the house ni? A footage could solve the problem to a substantial degree.

May be the footage will cause more jail terms for the. Nanny when the nanny will be heard saying, "leave him, let him play round"
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by freddie009(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
When Dbanj lost his son due to negligence on their part where they arrested.

Nigeria laws are for the poor.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Ak75: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Carry your pikin wash face and now put the blame on the poor nanny b'cos she has nobody. And he is getting ready to go to Califonia on Sunday for an award just to be more famuse.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Mpanyi: 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
slivertongue:
Sad.

They betrayed their employer and deserve any punishment that comes their way

Check it very well. What has a cook got to do with constant monitoring of a kid? Again, it seems you do not know how hard it is to take care of rich people's kids. They always want to have their way. If you want to prevent them and they cried their parents if they are permissive ones will likely ask you what is the problem. Whatever the problem, they will likely advise you to allow them. You may be threatened even. This make is difficult for the nannies to have some difficulty keeping those kids in check.

My own is let appropriate investigation be done. Yes, the nanny is likely chief suspect. But even parents should be investigated for possible negligence as whites do for this type of case.

If that small lovely kid's death did not pain me too much, you know I must be a lier. I cried when I heard it as I didn't even hear the news on time. May God console the family.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Sibbb: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2022
Privatepart00:
shocked

Why can’t the parents take the child along ? Knowing fully well the kind of environment their house is .
It ended up back firing.

Exactly my thought, what other business those a mother of 3 years have other than taking care of her child. The blame is 70% to the mother, 20% to the father, 10% to the nannies

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by omonnakoda: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
MonkeyMods:
The irony of it all is that one or two of the released persons may have seen the toddler walking towards the pool but turned a blind eye just to punish Davido (and Chioma) whom they would have been secretly envious of

Only God knows what happened to the poor boy
You are just saying what you might have done. I do not see how a person with a functioning brain would type this nonsense

Must you talk? Is it compulsory?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by toxtimmy: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
You don't need to see anything... Only the family , close relatives and the people investigating the crime should see the recordings if it exist.

However, the recordings you should asking to see is what goes on in aso rock and government offices...that should be your focus and not a private recording

immortalcrown:
cool

First of all, show a CCTV footage of how the boy got into the swimming pool. E get why. Make una no use rich man game fool me.

I don't want a video of him struggling in the pool. I want a video that shows how he got into the pool. I want to see a footage of how he alone moved out of the house, walked to the pool and nobody was around the pool.
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by GloriousGbola: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
https://www.supernanniesnigeria.com/index.php/our-nannies

https://www.nannynigeria.org/index.php/picture-gallery

these are two nanny services in nigeria

the average age of the ones in the picture is 40+

though even with these ladies i am not sure. they have the poor look. if you are going to be a nanny for a rich irresponsible young man, you have to be a person of very strong mind who will not be intimidated and who will talk back when nonsense is happening.

does the nanny daviod had look like someone who can talk if he is drinking in front of his child?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by tarantino1: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
The boy's death was a tragic accident and if we start thinking about who to appropriate blame to, even Davido won't be spared.

It's a sad situation all around.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by frankson1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
immortalcrown:
cool

CCTV won't make any difference to the police. Someone has to be held responsible because of the personalities involved.

It's still a thing to wonder how a 3 years old child could go outside of the house unnoticed. I don't know where he was and the distance he worked to get to the pool. The type of doors in the house that a child could easily open.

There are several questions that needs to be answered.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by tuzle(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
allen113:
There is a video making the round but it doesn't show how the kid got into the pool, but it showed how he drown cry
that's isn't davido's son but an old video
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by Adakintroy: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
Poor girl will now na take the fall.

The rich always correct.

That how the rich man looked up Nd saw Lazarus in Abraham blossom later.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by netmillionaires(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
This is what I have been telling people since this incident happened. The parents, Chioma in particular failed as guardians. Davido can still be excused because he is an entertainer. He can say he is at work selling his music and character. What excuse can Chioma state?

I am sure she has no job yet she wouldn't sit down to take care of her child. She was busy partying with friends and "honeymooning" with Davido. Most of these young couple just want to flex life and look young without the rigours of marriage. If possible, they will pay someone to breastfeed their child because they don't want their own breast to sag.

backnbeta:
The way people are just blaming others and absolving Davido and chioma of any blame is annoying! Where was the mum? Let's assume the father is a general father and an entertainer; shouldn't the mum also be available? Let's stop this hypocrisy abeg

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by jeff1607(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
One should consider the fact that most nannies in houses like his tend to add more work given to their Nannie’s instead of what they are employed to do, then again as a mother no be every time be partying or gallivanting when you know you ain’t earning. Nannies are hired help but it takes a good parent to watch a child when there’s need to or in the house or better still in capable hands.

No form of barricade around the pool, cctv is non existent plus so many people unrelated to the family doing their thing , it’s more like a party every day. Even Italian mafias don’t allow kids around where might be dangerous to kids or family and they take a child’s life serious

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by bepositive11: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
immortalcrown:
I don't insinuate without a substantial evidence. This is why I need to see the footage before forming any opinion about the case.

Please just ignore that guy. His comment is senseless. Wealthy people don't have that kind of sick mentality to even reason with him.

Davido would rather kill himself than take the life of his child.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by madjune(m): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
Privatepart00:
shocked

It ended up back firing.

You made the smartest comment nobody is making.

Point number 1 is, anybody ( especially the woman) who knows she's not ready to commit 80% of her time or attention to her new born child or barely grown ward isn't ready to be a mother.

From my understanding, because they're celebs and all that, they had to contract a nanny and cook tasked to oversee the boy round the clock.

Is that sane?

I can excuse Davido.

How busy is Chioma round the clock?
Or round the week? Is she a musician or what?

She's not even a full fledged married wife with many kids etc.

There's nothing like a mother's presence around her kid than that of cooks and nanny.

The child will never grow up as rounded or nurtured as a child well supervised and nurtured by her own mother in those infant stages.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by tuzle(m): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
All those saying davido should be charged for negligence. I don't think it works that way. If he is going to be charged on negligence then it should be on not having a pool cover and not because he left his son at home.
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by immortalcrown(m): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2022
toxtimmy:
You don't need to see anything... Only the family , close relatives and the people investigating the crime should see the recordings if it exist.

However, the recordings you should asking to see is what goes on in aso rock and government offices...that should be your focus and not a private recording

You are fooling yourself. When videos circulate about Davido on other things, do you tell people to ignore the video and pay attention to Aso Rock? This post is about Davido, not about Aso Rock. So, why are you talking about Aso Rock here?

If Ifeanyi was another person's child and Davido or anybody in Davido's camp is accused, you will demand a footage. And if there is a footage that can vindicate Davido, the footage will go viral. If no footage is released, people like you will say it is a setup to tarnish Davido's image.

But because this case will implicate either Davido or someone close to him, you are saying the public doesn't deserve to see the footage. Videos of Davido and Chioma get to the public, even for what the public doesn't need to know about Davido. But this one that is necessary, you claim the video

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence by KosiGee(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
slivertongue:
Sad.

They betrayed their employer and deserve any punishment that comes their way

Silly you. Let the police conduct and finish their investigations.
I hope these two are not used as scape goats.
After similar incident happened at the Dbanjs, you’d think there’d be a strict law guiding the construction and use of swimming pools in private residences especially. If there was a barrier at Davido’s swimming pool, his little man wouldn’t have had access to it.

Davido has a lot to answer as well. He introduced this boy to the swimming pool, got him interested in swimming but failed to protect him. Yes he failed.

Little kids are introduced to floaters and made to ask for them when they want to swim. Even those that are yet to talk properly would grab the floater and meet an adult showing that they want to get into the pool. Did Davido and his crew or household teach this toddler to ask for one.
If you let your boy sit and watch you and your boys swim and have fun drinking and playing in the pool while someone records and uploads online, it’s no brainer that his baby boy would be just as excited to do the same.

This boy was a child of destiny and would’ve grown to be a king. They are all culpable. The cook and nanny should not take the blame.

Where were the dad and mum? What were they doing leaving the care of their child with the cook and nanny in a house with no care and protection for a child.

The pool should have a barrier. There should be cctv in the house and someone should’ve been watching the whole house. If that was the case, this person should’ve spotted this child walking to the pool unsupervised.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery / Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / Thief Nabbed After Coming With Stolen Property For Another Operation In Abia.PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.