Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October (26885 Views)

Why We Paid Varsity Lecturers Half Salaries – FG / Abia Poly Loses Accreditation Over Failure To Pay Staff Salaries For 30 Months / FG Pays ASUU Members December Salary Despite Not Enrolling In IPPIS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by nlfpmod: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
The Federal Government only paid lecturers under the aegis of the Academic Staff Union of Universities for 18 working days in the month of October, The PUNCH has exclusively gathered.

Lecturers and senior members of ASUU, who spoke to our correspondent under strict confidence noted that the government only paid half salaries.

The PUNCH had reported how ASUU called off its eight-month-old strike on October 14, 2022. Lecturers were encouraged to resume back to work by the union on that same day.

Speaking with our correspondent, a senior member of the National Executive Council, said, “We were only paid for the days after the strike. I received a half salary. Other members are angry right now, they are blaming the NEC for calling off the strike.”

Another member, who confirmed the development, said, “Yes, it is true, I received half salary. It seems the government is set to kill unionism in the country but we are ready for them.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-fg-pays-ASUU-half-salaries-for-october/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Kamaxi09(m): 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Wonderful!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by inoki247: 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Lol FG use Calculator na when you guys resume...

You were only paid for resuming and dem minus the holidays you guys took...

I never see wu wicked reach Buhari d man no dey mak noise his a man of few words sometimes u go think say he no know wetin he dey du.....

188 Likes 14 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by NwaNimo1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Money for nothing.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216372.gif[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Fut9ure: 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Very good
And them want receive salary way them nor work for
We be criminals for this country I swear
And the funny thing be say na this same us dey quick call our politicians thieves....

This country will never move forward because we are all hypocrites

Untill we accept that we all are thieves in Nigeria before we can see progress

One thing about this nation is that we all are criminals we are only fighting our politicians for stealing money not because we hate corruption but because we are not the ones carrying out the corruption
The only people way them suppose even pay for those months of strike na security department under nasu .ippis should separate them and pay for those months because security personnel were still going to work during that strike.

120 Likes 15 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Passionate888: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
Strike loading

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by ijaw1stson: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
Wahala. But ASUU Sha no get sense. Why Dem call off strike upon say Dem never pay?

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by buygala(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
Good one from the Government

Next time those old fvckers wanna strike, they should make sure they have enough funds to see them through ...You can't keep malice with your employer and expect to be paid for abandoning your duty post and becoming a nuisance.

If these lecturers get paid for sitting in their homes, who will pay the students for months of their young lives wasted due to the strike and compensate them for house rent paid for apartments they weren't around to use because of the strike?

Who will compensate the Campus business owners who lost so much revenue to the strike?

Who will compensate the many budding campus relationships that died because of the strike?...

Who will compensate the students who are now being forced in a mad frenzy to write exams in courses that were incompletely taught or not even taught at all..Stupid lecturers will just hand out bulky materials, do crash lecture for 3 days, and then have the audacity to tell students "A is for God, B is for me, C is open for the best among you to grab.

I have no pity for these lecturers..In fact, in addition to their not being paid a dime for any strike period, any striking lecturer should have 50k withdrawn by the government from his pension fund for every week he strikes..

Nonsense and ingredients undecided

85 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by timefarm(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
Be ready for another round of strike.
Buhari government has met his match.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Johnrake69: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by mrblayze(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
This government. Kai.

8 Likes

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Nikkganc08(m): 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Lol
Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by okechuks22: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Fut9ure:
Very good
as if they debited ur brain

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by jojofola: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Well.

The Government no well normally but on this decision not to pay the Lecturers for the months they were on strike, it’s not a bad idea.

Who will cover for the ransoms, debts, due house rents, emotional and psychological damages on the parts of the students?

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Sabadon(m): 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Chai Nigeriaaaaaa......ogbe lo handicap grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hahaha useless government supported by useless and worthless people

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nawao
Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by iCauseTrouble: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nice one by FG. I support the no work no pay. ASUU must get sense by force

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by FreeStuffsNG: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hmmm.

Well,ASUU is still in court with FG.

Full payment will interfere with the status quo as it can imply salary raise which ASUU can present as evidence in court against FG.

FG is seriously cautious with this ASUU issue. In fact, FG is seriously cautious after all its plea and begging of ASUU were rebuffed by ASUU for 8 months until the court sent ASUU back to class when HE Ngige took ASUU to court on behalf of FG.
check my signature for free stuffs!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by charly20(m): 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
And students are about to run mad due to the calendar they've set.

They want money for efforts they never made.
Clowns!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Joebayo217: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
May God help this country
Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by concho(m): 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
God forbid …..thing ���
Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by remsonik(f): 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
Greedy fools

7 Likes

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by RestructureNig1: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
Terrorist government

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Deogratias0030(m): 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
My Ernest prayer is, may it not only be the innocent students that will suffer the pains. I pray FG doesn't change their stand.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Dvdpity: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
I pity the student. People who doesn't want children of the poor to study, whilst theirs are in Europe and America studying. Western education has become haram in APC government regime. Some idiots wants to vote APC in 2023. Curse of the highest quality.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by makavalley(m): 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
See how they're playing with education they enjoyed free with free meal ticket on top

9 Likes

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Fuckyoumod: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
Supported.... I fully support Buhari on this.

Only a thief would asked or want to be paid for a job not done.

No work, no pay!

The good thing about this policy is that it would go a long way to forestall unnecessary and irrelevant strikes every year by ASUU.

This would help keep our children in school, without being frustrating by ASUU and their useless strikes every year. Our students must not suffer because ASUU want their pockets filled with money. Imagine 8 whole months wasted. Who pays the students?

A 4 year course should be 4 years and not 6 years, just because ASUU's unrealistic demands were not met.

I proffer Solutions, I don't just criticize.

ASUU should find a peaceful way to renegotiate a more realistic, implementable and economic friendly agreement with FG.

Our economy is bleeding every sector of our economy is bleeding, so ASUU most be sensible and reasonable.

ASUU is an employee of FG. Fighting FG would hurt ASUU more. Last, Last FG is too powerful for ASUU to take on.

As for FG.

FG please make sure they are paid, ASUU most not be owed for any job done. Also have a better review of their salaries. Because that is what all the fights by ASUU is all about.

My humble submission!

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by 2GEEZ5(m): 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
Final strike loading.
What were they expecting from this insensitive, clueless administration.

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October by Sirseedorf(m): 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
Grandma of strike loading

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

61-Year-Old Sobowale Babatunde Graduates With 4.84 CGPA From UNILAG / Why We Called Off Strike - ASUU / Dismissed From Landmark University, Got Admission Again – Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.