Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,085 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple (39710 Views)

Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Gifts Davido‘s Fiancee Chioma A Birkin Bag of N70 million / Davido And Chioma Are Still Together – Adewale Adeleke / Toyin Abraham: "Davido & Chioma Are Kids, They Are Still Growing Up" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple by malali: 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lovelylife24:

Hi, likewise. It made me sad when you mentioned how Davido looked at Ify. It reminded me of how my now estranged husband would look at our son and try so hard to engage him to get a picture to post on FB. The stigma is so horrible. My husband never told his friends in Nigeria about his diagnosis. He once spoke to a distant friend in another state in the US who faced the same thing. They all shared the same shame and secrecy. Most Nigerians have the need to appear perfect and better than others and having a special needs child hurts that image. As educated as the average Nigerian is , they are far behind when it comes to Autism blaming it on the devil. Same way they called Femi Otedola all kinds of names bc of his son. At the very least a pool cover should have been on that pool. It could very well be an accident but only God would ever know. It’s worse when the child is non verbal I’m sure. The best thing they could have done was to stay based in the US with Ify and his mom, put him in a private school, keep him out of the eyes of SM and intense ABA therapy. Many autistic children are highly gifted. My son knew how to read at a 2nd grade level at the age of 2. My prayers are with him.

Yeah, you are well versed, he wouldn't have been able to hide it from the world.....thats the price you pray for being a celebrity.
Don't despair, you never know where on the spectrum they fall.....some have an intelligence that cannot be rivaled.
I am sure he can't hide it for long, and I am sure he must have been told by a medical professional.
Because Davido isn't smart enough to diagnose a 3 year autist.....however you could see the sadness on his face everytime he tries to engage the boy and the boy is in his own world.
Hey, if you ever need anyone to talk to......I am available.
I know a few things about autism. I am not an expert.....hahahaha.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple by favorlite(f): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
I'm helpless and about to be homeless. angry
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple by AlphaTaikun: 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
dominique:

Male child is not a leverage in Yoruba families, all children have equal rights regardless of gender.
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple by AlphaTaikun: 12:02am On Nov 06, 2022
dominique:

Whatever makes you sleep better, Yorubas don't see sons as minigods. They have same rights as the daughters
Re: Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple by AlphaTaikun: 1:25am On Nov 06, 2022
buygala:

I am Yoruba, and also did most of my growing up in Yoruba land..so I am speaking from a vantage point of view

If male and female kids have equal rights in Yoruba land as you say, why haven't we had female Obas and Oonis?

Why are most important social and political positions in Yoruba land headed by men if women are equal to them?

It's good to console oneself..just don't console yourself with falsehood

Let me add some specifics to your convo here.

There are female Regents chosen from among the Yoruba Princesses who take up the roles of traditional rulers when the Oba (King) joins the ancestors, and I'm aware that in history, an Ooni has descended from the female line in Ile Ife.

Second, all the male and female children receive equal shares of inheritance from their late parents' properties without discrimination according to traditional Yoruba customs.

Third, I'm aware that in Yoruba societies such as in Abeokuta, the oldest person in the family automatically becomes the head of the family, and that includes women who everyone defers to in terms of leadership with input from other siblings! This is the reason why the Yorubas have been able to raise strong and independent women in the society.

Women held "complementary" rather than subordinate roles to men in Yoruba society throughout history.

When the well-known African-American, Judge Glenda Hatchetts' DNA test results showed she has Yoruba maternal ancestry (from the pre-1860 era when the last slave ship arrived in the United States),
the American short video narrator spoke... or emphasized, glowingly on the leadership roles that Yoruba women have played in the economic and social life from back in the day!

These are some of the specifics that @dominique was alluding to in her earlier convos with you on this
thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi: Davido & Chioma Are Getting Stronger- Pastor Adegboyega Consoles Couple by AlphaTaikun: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2022
dominique:

Already crying? Why does it hurt so bad that male children are not given more special treatment than female? Are we not all equal in the eyes of God again? grin Both my parents grew up in traditional Yoruba homes, their inheritance were shared equally amongst the sons and daughters. My mum had 16 younger brothers, she delegated the property sharing and all they all complied. Keep lying to yourself, nobody gives male special treatment in Yoruba families except in few cases.
@Dominique, an interesting convo you had there... It cracked me up to read the back-and-forth convos. Lol.

The role of Yoruba women is "complementary" rather than subordinate to men in Yoruba society as demonstrated over the centuries in economic and social life. This historical fact is well known in the international culture studies space due to the global reach of the Yoruba people and descendants from the late 1700s in Cuba, Brazil, Jamaica, UK, U.S.A, etc.

So, the proper term to use here would be "complementary" and NOT that Yoruba men and women in the physical body are "equal." They are not equal in any way due to the "yin and yang" interactions, physical, mental, physiological and emotional differences like other folks worldwide.

Enjoy the rest of your day.wink

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AY Flaunts Muscles And Calls Out Iyanya And Flavour / Tiwa Savage Confirms Being Pregnant (photo) / Toke Makinwa Runs To MFM Church To Crush Spiritual Hold On Husband(see Tweet)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.