Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do? (387 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by Skillsmaster(m): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
Please ignore any grammatical and typographical error.

I am planning on getting married to my fiancee. We have done our introduction. We were s to go to her village for the payment of the bride price to the father. Though her mother is in Abuja here. The mother later changed her mind that we shouldn't travel to the village due to spiritual matter. But I told my fiancee that the bride price must get to the father.
She suggested that we do a court wedding and later church wedding.

Please house, is it possible to do a court wedding before paying the bride price first and also before collecting the list from the bride's family?
In addition, how much do court in Abuja collect for the court wedding?
Re: What Should I Do? by inforesource: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
Bride price first. Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: What Should I Do? by Zonefree(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2022
Bride price is for a virgin bride!

If you didn't meet her as a virgin, there'll be no need for you to stress yourself and pay exorbitant fees for something another guy collected with just meat pie and Fanta.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by SPAMBOX7: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2022
Like the poster above me said don't pay no bride price to a non-virgin. How you wanna pay for what over 20 dudes ate for free? It's unfair and the mother also knows hence the change of mind. If I was you I would thank the mother for being so reasonable. She's a good woman. For she knows it's criminal for one to collect dowry for a woman that has fvcked over 20 dudes
Re: What Should I Do? by Boogyman557: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
Re: What Should I Do? by boxer022(m): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
Before talking about doing court or church wedding, bride price must be paid first. Agree with your father in law and your family on how you will pay the bride price. That is the only thing that shows both the village and family that their daughter is married.
Re: What Should I Do? by zed7: 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
Trust me, this is no question to ask on nairaland. Go to your elders and ask. You want 16 year olds to advice you on an issue like this? You're not ready to take a wife.
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
If you personally can't go to the village, then do a bank transfer and make sure that it'll be enough to cover the list of the things required from your fiancee's father.. they can buy those things themselves.

I have an uncle who also paid his bride price via bank transfer, he didn't go to his wife's home and he only told his side of the family much later that he was ready to get married and he had already paid the bride price.. grin grin grin
Re: What Should I Do? by marlow1962(m): 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2022
Pay bride price, but no do court marriage

(1) (Reply)

How Do Bush People That Attend Bereton, Aladumo And Grove Survive Abroad / Rate Please(drawing) / Sammy Okposo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.