Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) (27143 Views)

How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) / "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gameova(m): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2022
This looks delicious. Welldone ma'am. @ahnie come and see good food. No be all that sacrifice you dey cook, calling it food. Ewww

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2022
If you don't have money you can't prepare this soup.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
sylve11:

As a man, you have to be careful with that okra soup. cool

What does okra do to men?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Mercury12(m): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2022
Can one blend the cocoyam?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2022
Munzy14:

Confirm!

Onye ari hu ego o kpa, ejila erila ofe Owerri Anyi.

Very true!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
ezenwajosh:
I LOVE IGBO SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

IGBO DI UTO

NRI ANYI MARA MMA N'ANYA...MA N'ATOKWA UTO DI EGWU

O bu eziokwu ka I kwuru!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
Dshocker:

Glo are you from Owerri?

No ooooo
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Janesouthall: 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

What does okra do to men?

Nothing...don't believe those things you read online that it cause impotence in men....our fore fathers and fathers ate okra and still gave birth to sons and daughters..

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
abobote:
Ofe owerri is overrated, each time I eat in owerri I end up disappointed. Though this your own look like something wey go sweet.
If I go back from my travel I will ask my wife if she can prepare Ofeowerri

Nothing compares home made food.
Good food outside is overly expensive.
Your wife can follow this recipe.
Am sure you will like it.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2022
Toks2008:

I just made some this week.

Dont ask me the silly question ''Where is your wife''

I love cooking even when i have a MasterChef at home. Cooking is one of my greatest passions.

Well done sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2022
MMempire:
it can only be you. No other persons other than you (Gloryhomemaker) and MariahAngel do lead us into temptation. God please help and save us from their temptation.

grin grin grin
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
Alexiiydon:
so all this food you cook and put online without giving us share I hope you know God is not happy with it

Hahahahahaha

God is happy with me ooooo

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by ahnie: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2022
Dude397 aka thugnificent
gameova:
This looks delicious. Welldone ma'am. @ahnie come and see good food. No be all that sacrifice you dey cook, calling it food. Ewww
Pls beg for money to eat as usual so your cheap n faded polo can fit your frail neck.
I have helped your miserable,hungry,and pathetic life twice on this forum with funds,

Do not expect any reply from me until you fix your dilapidated and broken future that's drier than the skin of a dead dried goftball snake,then we can reason how to make some reasonable re-adjustment in your life.

Try n sprinkle Listerine in your life so good things can at least flood in.
Lazy bone that depends on crumbs from people before he can feed is here feeling fly
A fool n his BROKE opinion.

When your clothes are made of cassava leaves,you don't make GOATS as FRIENDS.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2022
skukimania:

Pls, is okazi the same as Uziza?

No, they are 2 different vegetables.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Juniorangel(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ofe Owerri for me everyday and twice on a Monday.... The only soup wey dey give big gbola cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
SaturnNick:
Good one � gloryhomemaker
But that yellow pepper dey very harsh ooo embarassed embarassed embarassed

I like the flavour it gives my soups.
You can add just a little or as much as you can bear.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Sandrawhite: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2022
Oweri my home town 727]The mother of all soups is here.

Ofe Owerri and Okra soup are two soups my potential wife is permitted to cook in my house.

Nice one Glory. This soup don dey make me go marry cry

Onye na ejighi ego, ejila erila Ofe Owerri.

Mariahangel, oya bring fufu come abeg. [/quote]
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Then you know not what you are saying. Igbos are better in making soup. They flop in stew, especially with the addition of tin tomato unnecessarily. Mr Traveller, brush your tongue well and use a little Listerine.

The hype about Ofe Owerri isn’t entirely about its taste. Anyone that says it is just about the taste doesn’t know history. The hype is about the ingredients used and the fact that it is meant to be eaten ONCE. Ofe Owerri wasn’t originally meant to be refrigerated. Just sink all your money into a pot of soup and eat it on the spot! cheesy

Some people will have one bad experience in a restaurant and term all Igbo soups to be bad.
The brushing and the Listerine is another level for clean speech next time cool

Just sink all your money into a pot of soup and eat it on the spot
And perhaps trek to work the next day grin
It doesn't matter, this life na once.
That's the original Ofe Owerri.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Danisaint112(m): 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2022
Aside character, food is the way to a man's heart. Your husband must be lucky to have you.

One of the reasons I'm still considering marrying my tribal girl than a white women.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2022
okoroemeka:
what then is used as the local seasoning?dawadawa?ogiri okpehi?because no Igbo soup is complete without a local seasoning before kitchen glory,Maggi and co

All the orishirishi inside is enough seasoning already.
Some add Ogiri but I don't think that's the original recipe.
Mariahangel please help me out here, na your soup oooo
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
Efisimilala:
If you don't have money you can't prepare this soup.

That's correct.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2022
Mercury12:
Can one blend the cocoyam?

Yes I mentioned it in the video.
Modernization is giving us alternatives.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Shadysen: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2022
Toks2008:

Remember I wrote that I have a masterchef at home.

She is a magician in the kitchen.
is she from akwa ibom state?
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

All the orishirishi inside is enough seasoning already.
Some add Ogiri but I don't think that's the original recipe.
Mariahangel please help me out here, na your soup oooo

Hahahahaha
Nne, na Zonefree them soup.
I be Ada Mbano, and na oha be our main soup.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

That's correct.

But y is this so?
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Toks2008(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2022
Shadysen:
is she from akwa ibom state?

Owerri/Ogun state

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Kriss216: 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahaha
Nne, na Zonefree them soup.
I be Ada Mbano, and na oha be our main soup.
Ndi mbano enweghi nri. I'wu Isi or Ehi?

I don't know why I got banned just now. Did you report my account?

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2022
Kriss216:

Ndi mbano enweghi nri.

I'wu Isi or Ehi?
M maa gi aka nti ehn! grin
O wutukwa eshiokwu sha.

Isi.
I don't why I got banned just now. Did you report my account?

Report maka gini kwa?
I huu na o wu spambot.

Mention a mod on another section to unban you (using that moniker o, otherwise, ha a banukwa this one till 2050)
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Kriss216: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

M maa gi aka nti ehn! grin
O wutukwa eshiokwu sha.

Isi.

Report maka gini kwa?
I huu na o wu spambot.

Mention a mod on another section to unban you (using that moniker o, otherwise, ha a banukwa this one till 2050)
A'nwu nóó grin

Nairaland spambot don dey shayo, obviously.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
Kriss216:

A'nwu nóó grin

Nairaland spambot don dey shayo, obviously.

I gahu a nwuchu. Hahahaha
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Shadysen: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2022
[quote author=Toks2008 post=118202310]

Owerri/Ogun state [/quote) lucky you
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by ponishah: 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2022
Zonefree:
The mother of all soups is here.

Ofe Owerri and Okra soup are two soups my potential wife is permitted to cook in my house.

Nice one Glory. This soup don dey make me go marry cry

Onye na ejighi ego, ejila erila Ofe Owerri.

Mariahangel, oya bring fufu come abeg.

How is it the mother of all soups?
I bet you, if you jampark egusi soup, okro soup, ogbono soup, bitter-leaf soup, nsala soup, banga soup, vegetable soup, ujuju soup, oha soup or even ose-ani soup with all those meat, kpomo,snail,dry- fish, stock fish, shaki and crayfish that you poured into the ofe-owere, then you will realise that ofe-owere no even near pikin of all soups.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Easy Home-made Chocolate Chip Banana Bread / How Many Slices Of Bread Can You Eat In One Sitting? / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.