Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,127 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? (19666 Views)

Reasons Behind The Recent Tech Layoffs And How It's Affecting Majority Of People / What Have You Learned From The Recent Layoffs? / With The Recent Layoffs In Tech Worldwide, As A Beginner I'm Currently Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 6:43am On Nov 07, 2022
engrrichie92:
Impressive actually Got a lot of ongoing projects at the moment
If you still have not resolved the Laptop issue by feb nextyear
Please mention me
Ok thank you very much
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by meobizy(f): 3:02am On Nov 09, 2022
Unlimited2022:

What industry? If you don't mind me asking.
Mind your business.
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Michigan4155: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I can't really say. Most people here are webdev or programming folks. So it's kind of hard advising on that as I'm not into Dev. I'm into Telephony and Unified communications. With a lot of roles migrating to Hybrid or outright remote roles, a lot of businesses are looking to have communications solutions to support hybrid/remote work. So I'm positioned in that space, learning the technologies that support Telephony and video conferences. Despite a slow down in other tech areas, Unified Communications is still seeing increased demand. My employers sef are looking to hire a few more hands (although I hear is restricted to US remote)
\

How did you get into it and when?
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by airsaylongcome: 10:13am On Nov 09, 2022
Michigan4155:
\

How did you get into it and when?

Stumbled across it in 2014. Went full-time into it post-covid when demand for it skyrocketed
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Michigan4155: 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Stumbled across it in 2014. Went full-time into it post-covid when demand for it skyrocketed

Remote or fulltime?
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
engrrichie92:

Impressive actually
Got a lot of ongoing projects at the moment

If you still have not resolved the Laptop issue by feb nextyear

Please mention me

Good day,
I'm using this moment to remind you of your promise

And to prove I wasn't sitting on my ass this whole time

I've completed both my short term and mid-term goal and I'm currently working on the long term one.

I'm currently learning the backend having understood react.
Most of my present projects are offline but here's one

vibes-mp3.netlify.app

A music downloader doesn't look beautiful I just used it to test out my skills

Thanks

1 Like

Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by engrrichie92(m): 9:10am On Jan 29, 2023
Tobedated:

Good day,
I'm using this moment to remind you of your promise

And to prove I wasn't sitting on my ass this whole time

I've completed both my short term and mid-term goal and I'm currently working on the long term one.

I'm currently learning the backend having understood react.
Most of my present projects are offline but here's one

vibes-mp3.netlify.app

A music downloader doesn't look beautiful I just used it to test out my skills

Thanks

What kind of laptop are we looking at and how much?

1 Like

Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 9:55am On Jan 29, 2023
engrrichie92:

What kind of laptop are we looking at and how much?

UK Used Dell Latitude 5580

Neatness is 9/10
Intel Core i5-7300U, 7th generation
15.6 inches FHD Display
8GB RAM
500GB Hard drive
Intel HD 620 + NVIDIA GeForce 930MX (2gb dedicated)
Webcam enabled
Windows 10 Pro
USB Type-C port (Thunderbolt)
Charger included
100% Battery health (Designed capacity intact)
Durable battery (6hrs+)

FREEBIE: EXTERNAL MOUSE

Price: 170K

Location is Ogun State (Abeokuta), can be waybilled through interstate buses/cars or GIG/Speedaf Logistics to other states

Contact me on 07081517572 (Call/WhatsApp)

This sir, It's from a vendor on nairaland
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by engrrichie92(m): 7:38am On Jan 30, 2023
Tobedated:

This sir, It's from a vendor on nairaland

hmmm, that's a lot but let's see

1 Like

Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 10:21am On Jan 30, 2023
engrrichie92:

Ok sir,
Thank you sir
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
engrrichie92:

Sir, should I still be waiting for this.

Or for some reason it won't be happening.

I'm asking because the laptop might get sold out soon
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 1:23am On Apr 16, 2023
engrrichie92:

good day sir, i want to remind you of your promise sir.
and ask if your promise still holds or unfortunately wouldn't work out. Thanks

1 Like

Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10
engrrichie92:

Hey sir, it's been a year, and it'll be great if you'll consider helping me
Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by airsaylongcome: 12:15pm On Apr 10
Tobedated:

Hey sir, it's been a year, and it'll be great if you fulfil your promise

I'm sorry, but when did "let's see" become a promise? "let's see" is a phrase that leaves the door wide open. The moniker you quoted did not say "I will get it for you". He only insinuated that they will consider getting it for you if it was convenient

1 Like

Re: With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? by Tobedated(m): 12:27pm On Apr 10
airsaylongcome:

I'm sorry, but when did "let's see" become a promise? "let's see" is a phrase that leaves the door wide open. The moniker you quoted did not say "I will get it for you". He only insinuated that they will consider getting it for you if it was convenient

You're right
My bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Please Recommend A Digital Skill For Me? / Which Is Better : Laptop Or Desktop For Programming / Few Questions About Aptech Computer Institute???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.