Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour (8016 Views)

Kano Battles Malnutrition As 1.5 Million Children Under Five At Risk / Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun / Acute Malnutrition Hits Nasarawa, 30 Children Dead, 2,000 Others Hospitalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by chukel(m): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2022
Lies
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Bigleaf1006: 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2022
Lanretoye:
That's 2400 children daily,very soon una children too go begin die.

Lies from the pit of hell, all this multi latest agencies are big time frauds with all this their exaggerated figures they push out, all just to justify more finding from their hq

If you know,you know

3 Likes

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Greatex90: 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2022
Lies... Very wrong statistics

1 Like

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by lebron7(m): 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2022
This is untrue, the number is this high because of the NGOs that lie to get donations lol

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Timoleon(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2022
Theunbothered:

You guys aren't seeing because you don't leave your local governments.

Try to do the maths and see if it adds up.

This report specifically says children under 5. It also mentions malnutrition. Add deaths of children over 5, add other causes of infant death like malaria, typhoid, aids, diarrhea, pneumonia etc and see what figures you’d be getting. Juxtaposed with our population, you’d agree the stats are exaggerated.

Please note, I am one of those that acknowledge that a lot of death occur daily. I think all the causes of death make for a large death toll daily but pinpointing that much of it to malnutrition of children under 5 is quite a lot.

Yet I might be wrong. If so, point me to how these figures were arrived at. This will hello me understand better.

Shallom.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2022
CheapHomes1:

There might be some truth in your post. I thought about it sometime ago. I have never heard of any of die of hunger in Nigeria apart from those in the civil war

I have worked with the Red Cross Society of Nigeria as a field survey agent for about 3 years, covering regions between Nigeria and Cameroon, and I can confidently tell you these statistics are either false or a deliberate attempt at mischief.

The number of children Nigeria loses to malnutrition daily can be significantly pegged at 90 - 110. This is of course not an absolute conclusion, cause the figure dances either backwards or slightly forwards. Much as it is regrettable and most of us look forward to days when leaders can do better to change the status quo, it is no yardstick for anybody or organisation to paint Nigeria in a bad light for any reason.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Theunbothered: 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
Timoleon:

Try to do the maths and see if it adds up.

This report specifically says children under 5. It also mentions malnutrition. Add deaths of children over 5, add other causes of infant death like malaria, typhoid, aids, diarrhea, pneumonia etc and see what figures you’d be getting. Juxtaposed with our population, you’d agree the stats are exaggerated.

Please note, I am one of those that acknowledge that a lot of death occur daily. I think all the causes of death make for a large death toll daily but pinpointing that much of it to malnutrition of children under 5 is quite a lot.

Yet I might be wrong. If so, point me to how these figures were arrived at. This will hello me understand better.

Shallom.

You are the one reading it wrong, they said 100 children die every hour and those with malnutrition are 12 times more likely to die.

If you assume Nigeria's population growth rate is 2.5 percent there are 5 million people born every year in Nigeria and 20 million children under 5.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by seunayantokun(m): 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
UNICEF should rather focus its attention on the Fulani terrorists on the field and in aso rock who have made food production in Nigeria impossible.
We can feed our children when there is security of lives and property.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Reallife17: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2022
How possible?
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by damoobaba: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
Lanretoye:

Don't mind the nonsense report. If that's how children die, all the children in people's neighborhood should die in less than one year.
That's how they reported that Lagos is the second most unlivable city in the world, Lagos wey people they rush enter everyday. Rubbish report.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by manchyme: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2022
Ransomware:
Where is righteousness666, So this one is not end time worthy? your white masters on 700club does not bother with this one

Make the world just end

1 Like

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by LordEclipse: 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
BLOODY LIARS!..Do you even know how many hours there are in one day?.. So you mean at least 2400 kids under 5 die in one day??
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by RepoMan007: 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
Buddha3:
Much as we all agree the Buhari administration has failed woefully in certain key aspects of our societal existence, this report is a profound and monumental lie!

Yes, there's the scourge of malnutrition in Nigerian children, mostly in the rural regions, but these figures being brandished in this annoying report are very distant from facts. If hundred children die every hour, do you realise Nigeria should have run short of the child population in just 3 months?

Please, you people should stop painting Nigeria as the next alternative to hell fire! Even Yemen that is war torn cannot be described with these kind of stupendous statistics.
100 per hour gives about 800,000 a year.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Pyhonist: 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
Una dey craze. Only gullible idiots will believe this stats. Yet Nigeria is the most populous African country abi?
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by RepoMan007: 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2022
Buddha3:

I have worked with the Red Cross Society of Nigeria as a field survey agent for about 3 years, covering regions between Nigeria and Cameroon, and I can confidently tell you these statistics are either false or a deliberate attempt at mischief.

The number of children Nigeria loses to malnutrition daily can be significantly pegged at 90 - 110. This is of course not an absolute conclusion, cause the figure dances either backwards or slightly forwards. Much as it is regrettable and most of us look forward to days when leaders can do better to change the status quo, it is no yardstick for anybody or organisation to paint Nigeria in a bad light for any reason.
APC agents.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Lanretoye:

This people have employed lazy researchers

Like obi

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Osariemen12: 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
I wish malnutrition killed Tinubu in his home country, Iragbiji.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by harmonyglobal: 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2022
What did I just read? 100 children every hour in Nigeria? Some people are about to make money from this
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by R0LL0N(m): 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2022
And Sai bubu 2 need Almajajiri vote
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
When I see news like this, and these omoaloba from west campaigning for Tinubu I laugh... embrace urselve harder time are coming wotowoto
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by RoyalBlu(f): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2022
This stats is very hard to take in.

100 every hour This can't possibly be true. embarassed

Sad realities all around embarassed

1 Like

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by bikefab(m): 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
Nigeria have always been in the news for the wrong reasons. Cry my beloved country...cry!
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by sweetellar: 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2022
Brunosamel:
Which can lie be this, this unicef can dey useless

What an ignorant comment. Why is that so hard to believe?
Thousands of children die daily in Nigeria from diseases exacerbated by malnutrition. That data is very correct
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Timoleon(m): 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2022
You said if I assume, yet you disagree when I say the statistics is not based on facts.
Theunbothered:

You are the one reading it wrong, they said 100 children die every hour and those with malnutrition are 12 times more likely to die.

If you assume Nigeria's population growth rate is 2.5 percent there are 5 million people born every year in Nigeria and 20 million children under 5.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Brunosamel(m): 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2022
sweetellar:

What an ignorant comment. Why is that so hard to believe?
Thousands of children die daily in Nigeria from diseases exacerbated by malnutrition. That data is very correct
Its hard bro there's nothing like that the data is no bias stop believing these Organizations
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Theunbothered: 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
Timoleon:
You said if I assume, yet you disagree when I say the statistics is not based on facts.

The death rate for children under 5 is 1 in 10, calculate it yourself
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Doyou2019: 4:18am On Nov 05, 2022
jeromestarks:
Imagine. 2400 children are dead in the last 24hr.
And some idiots are mourning Davido's child.

Inncent children die every day in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Doyou2019: 4:26am On Nov 05, 2022
beautyhd:
In the north you’ll see malnourished children at every corner and you’ll begin to wonder what’s going on.

They are malnourished and susceptible to diseases that any sickness that hits them end up killing them.

And Northerners who manage to survive this childhood malnutrition stage still end up scarred for life as they grow up with the mental capacity of a five-year old who can't think for himself. We say dem no dey hear go come but forget say na childhood hunger and starvation cause am.
Shame on Northern and Southern oligarchs. Una no go die well
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by harmargedon: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2022
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by ti4c: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2022
This happens mostly in the Northern Nigeria but they won't get specific because the North doesn't like being labeled with such.

ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/unicef-100-children-under-five-die-of-malnutrition-in-nigeria-every-hour/amp
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by nedekid: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Most of them are afonja children....after eating green algae and back of yam turned with toilet broom why will they grow pass 5 ft inches cry embarassed
Bro let's say the truth, amala with gbegiri and ewedu, well garnished is one of the best meals one can have. Very very good and light after a hangover. Cheap to eat and quite nutritious. Amala is one of the best things yorubas have contributed to this country. Omo, if I don't eat amala at least 4 times a week, I no sure say I go balance. Truth be said, the igbos are some of the highest consumers of amala. See, you don't buy "a plate" ie fixed sum for eg 2 balls of eba and 1 meat. For amala you pay as you go. Price for a wrap and prices for assorted meat.
Re: UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour by Ijb11: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2022
More

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3million Nigerians currently infected with HIV/AIDS - NACA / Can A Man With AS Genotype Marry A Woman With AS Genotype? / Can intimacy During Men.strual Period Lead To Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.