Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,528 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer (21807 Views)

You Are A Dev ? You Need Some Money ? Check In (New SURVEY ) / Microsoft To Cut 11,000 Jobs In Mass Layoff / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Skillsnigeria: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Lionize: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2022
very important
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by InvertedHammer: 11:25am On Nov 05, 2022
SparkleSix:
Many people keep on clamouring on get a job, get a job, not knowing that even the job is not guaranteed.

The CEO can wake up one day and fire your sorry áss as seen on the latest Twitter incident.

Moral Lesson:
1. Have other side hustles or investment stashed up somewhere for the rainy day.

2. If you get the opportunity to move up the ladder in a different organisation with better pay, do it.

3. Don't get overly emotionally attached to your place of work. They can off you at any time.

4. Have it in mind that you are not indispensable, shít happens.
/
All the big corporations are downsizing. Twitter, Amazon, Meta, Google, etc. What I detest is that it is always an industrial scale downsizing that floods the market with prospective employees with no prospects.

IT jobs always follow business cycles.
/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Johel(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2022
SparkleSix:
Many people keep on clamouring on get a job, get a job, not knowing that even the job is not guaranteed.

The CEO can wake up one day and fire your sorry áss as seen on the latest Twitter incident.

Moral Lesson:
1. Have other side hustles or investment stashed up somewhere for the rainy day.

2. If you get the opportunity to move up the ladder in a different organisation with better pay, do it.

3. Don't get overly emotionally attached to your place of work. They can off you at any time.

4. Have it in mind that you are not indispensable, shít happens.

That's it o...at any gaddamn time...But God help us and see us thru.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Hannania(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

They'll still employ new people to fill in those roles na

It's a win win for some people cheesy
Not in the case of Twitter. They lay off some of the best engineers in the tech space to cut costs. Almost 50% of the workforce. There's no substitute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by lhordspy: 11:32am On Nov 05, 2022
Very true. I once experienced this some years back..

Thank God for my savings and fore-plans.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by BABANGBALI: 11:32am On Nov 05, 2022
As if it is that easy. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

It's win win for some people cheesy

no, they are downsizing and wont employ new people
elon plan is to reduce workforce so as to cut down operational cost and also make profit
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by naturefellow(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

you certainly should look up the meaning of lay-off

1 Like

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Eaztzide: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2022
Naijatask:
Elon musk may regret his decision later on
Nope, He won't. This is the CEO of 4 large firms in the US - firms that he has layed off numerous workers from. This means that it isn't his first time doing so and won't be the last. So, whatever is happening is strategic and done for a reason that he's not new to. Big companies like Twitter have no place for random decisions. Sad truth is that he will succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by ClearFlair: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

No...they were deemed surplus. They will give multiple roles to the remaining developers
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by viktor88: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

Not in all cases.

Elon said that Twitter is over staffed.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by faceland: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2022
If you are working for a company that for the past 5 years has not made profit, you should not be secured in your position.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by MrPADDY(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2022
Correct
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by gabemuyi: 11:40am On Nov 05, 2022
I remember the guy from unilag the robotics expert that was given a job at Twitter by its founder. I wonder what his fate is now. But I trust Naija spirit hustler can never be in one place.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by voltron14: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2022
Waterlilly:
i need help installing LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python) using Ansible playbook. please........

How much you go pay?
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Nigerialabalaba: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2022
Dem dey lose $4m daily o. Those wey dem sack be dead wood be dat
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by voltron14: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2022
Deicide:
Lol, I don't think that's a problem for the people that were layoff cause they can easily get jobs in any other big tech companies or small company. Having "Worked at twitter as ....." In you CV is a big deal

Yeah bur if layoffs cut across the industry, that becomes a challenge.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

Not always true. They sometimes layoff to cut costs.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by osuolale95(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2022
Waterlilly:
i need help installing LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python) using Ansible playbook. please........
can you try and run linux on it? If yes congratulations you're good to go...

1 Like

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

What's the point of the layoffs?
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by sulaak(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

Not really, they will ask the existing staff to do three or four people's jobs. I used to work on one project at a time, then found myself working on 4 to 5 projects with the same demand cycle.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
The chief twitt
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Atlantis585: 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
Donjazet2:
Sorry for the minor digression.
Announcement:
Nigerians should not allow themselves be decieved by the noise of the pro-apc posters here. While everyone knows that Peter Obi support here is organic and natural from the average user of nairaland, the APC employ people for the sole purpose of artificially amplifying the parties talking points on social media. So you have few people, creating multiple accounts and generating fake likes and attacking people who want an escape from the misrule of APC.

Don't fall for it, see the owner of nairaland complaining against these people.

Don't be decieved and make sure you sensitise others so they won't be decieved.

Some of his moderators are guilty of that. Also that thing called (I don’t think he is human).
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by bolacode: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
I'd rather onside those layoffs a a bunch of threat for less experienced job seekers
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Isobug: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

Sense!
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Cutehector(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
What i keep telling people. Always have a back up plan and do not be too comfortable. Do not rest until you have a daily income hustle because monthly pay is not ideal in this time of inflation.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Bluntemperor: 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
Donjazet2:
Sorry for the minor digression.
Announcement:
Nigerians should not allow themselves be decieved by the noise of the pro-apc posters here. While everyone knows that Peter Obi support here is organic and natural from the average user of nairaland, the APC employ people for the sole purpose of artificially amplifying the parties talking points on social media. So you have few people, creating multiple accounts and generating fake likes and attacking people who want an escape from the misrule of APC.
Don't fall for it, see the owner of nairaland complaining against these people.
Don't be decieved and make sure you sensitise others so they won't be decieved.

Unfortunately,you think everybody is looking your own political ways! Sorry to disappoint you,many like me,have nobody to vote for because people like you can't even see the future!
Who amongst those current Politicians that is a Saint or who has not chopped Nigerian Money either - as a Governor, Executive or from Legislative point of view or those who worked in the MDAs, that budgets NBillions for projects that never moved the table,yet cornered the funds and shared the Youths Future?
everything is not working- no lights to move Nigeria to Industrialization Zones, even Fridge is docile and unfrozen ,no good roads - Main Roads and innermost aare oh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos) / Differences between Software engineering and Computer science.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.