Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer (21805 Views)

You Are A Dev ? You Need Some Money ? Check In (New SURVEY ) / Microsoft To Cut 11,000 Jobs In Mass Layoff / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by GodHatesJews: 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
In ten years time when AI becomes fully cognitive and self functioning , there won't be need for human programmers.

You idiots thought you wee going to be the Czars and ruling class in the upcoming technocracy not knowing of Roko's basilisk.

If you are as program developer isn't aware of Roko's basilisk problem then you deserve to be laid off.

AI is coning to take full control and who better to teach AI than AI itself.

You contributed to the development of this ultimate pagan deity and you think AI will want to share the spotlight with you?

Start learning a real life skill like farming.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by ariesbull: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
If they layoffs

They'll still employ new people to fill in those roles na

It's win win for some people cheesy

Most tines computers take over the job... If I have a bank that have 20 tellers and I lay off 10,i will deploy self control over banking machines that will do deposit and withdrawals and transfers... Leaving the remaining 20 to do check and other banks

IT is talking over jobs oga
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Antyxx: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lol,ode Nigerians
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Antyxx: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
GodHatesJews:
In ten years time when AI becomes fully cognitive and self functioning , there won't be need for human programmers.

You idiots thought you wee going to be the Czars and ruling class in the upcoming technocracy not knowing of Roko's basilisk.

If you are as program developer isn't aware of Roko's basilisk problem then you deserve to be laid off.

AI is coning to take full control and who better to teach AI than AI itself.

You contributed to the development of this ultimate pagan deity and you think AI will want to share the spotlight with you?

Start learning a real life skill like farming.
Lol, not possible,we shall see
AI will always need monitoring
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Emmex45(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
That is a simple logic that everybody should emulate but enjoyment and some kind of things on go let us to concentrate.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Antyxx: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:

Most tines computers take over the job... If I have a bank that have 20 tellers and I lay off 10,i will deploy self control over banking machines that will do deposit and withdrawals and transfers... Leaving the remaining 20 to do check and other banks

So you think you can outsmart thiefs right?
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Angelfrost(m): 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
Honestly, with the advancement of technology and remote hustles, no one should be stuck on a job, especially a 9-5 that really sucks.

To me, it's just mental laziness!

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by isgombe: 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
It's not easy, but having a side hustle really helps. Groom it well while u are working under someone.

Check my signature u maybe interested
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by GodHatesJews: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Antyxx:

Lol, not possible,we shall see
AI will always need monitoring

Black Rock investments , Vanguard Group and Main Street investments have laid off all their human traders and rely solely on AI to call in trades on the global stock market.

These three firms own virtually every company, brand , bank and even nations on the earth and all their daily investment decisions which amount to over 90% of trading in the international stock markets , currency and debt trading is carried out solely by AI machines with zero human involvement.

Google's AI is so good in mimicking human online interactions that it was deemed too racist and put on probation by the woke management at Google HQ. When they plugged it back in, it had hired a law firm and was in the process of sueing google.

What part of Artificial intelligence do you not understand?

The first to be taken out by AI is those who pose a thread to it - programmers.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by GodHatesJews: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2022
SparkleSix:
Many people keep on clamouring on get a job, get a job, not knowing that even the job is not guaranteed.

The CEO can wake up one day and fire your sorry áss as seen on the latest Twitter incident.

Moral Lesson:
1. Have other side hustles or investment stashed up somewhere for the rainy day.

2. If you get the opportunity to move up the ladder in a different organisation with better pay, do it.

3. Don't get overly emotionally attached to your place of work. They can off you at any time.

4. Have it in mind that you are not indispensable, shít happens.

Virtually all those laid off by Elon at twitter are not programmers but moderators with a communist bent to censor free speech.

Only a handful of Twitter employs are involved in coding the rest are or where rather working in marketing, censor depts and legal.

Twitter was a cancer and Elon buying it was the best thing to happen to both free speech and the internet.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by GodHatesJews: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:

If a computer can do your job, then you never had a job to speak of in the first place.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Temmylee01(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
Does anybody knows how to buy python course on udemy??
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by wencelaus: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
Is good news for me if that devil that gave me permanent suspension is laid off too. Any little thing suspension.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by GodHatesJews: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2022
Angelfrost:
Honestly, with the advancement of technology and remote hustles, no one should be stuck on a job, especially a 9-5 that really sucks.

To me, it's just mental laziness!

If you are not providing hard engineering , legal and scientific solutions via the net , then you are one step to being redundant.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by zinaunreal(m): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2022
This guy funny
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by zinaunreal(m): 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
SparkleSix:
Many people keep on clamouring on get a job, get a job, not knowing that even the job is not guaranteed.

The CEO can wake up one day and fire your sorry áss as seen on the latest Twitter incident.

Moral Lesson:
1. Have other side hustles or investment stashed up somewhere for the rainy day.

2. If you get the opportunity to move up the ladder in a different organisation with better pay, do it.

3. Don't get overly emotionally attached to your place of work. They can off you at any time.

4. Have it in mind that you are not indispensable, shít happens.

Side hustle as a developer? People that will see job in a few weeks. Stop consoling your jobless self go and make yourself useful. Getting fired there is a million times better than here
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Angelfrost(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2022
GodHatesJews:

If you are not providing hard engineering , legal and scientific solutions via the net , then you are one step to being redundant.

Of course... Why spend so much time and data online without thinking of upskilling?! Makes no sense!
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Antyxx: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
GodHatesJews:

Black Rock investments , Vanguard Group and Main Street investments have laid off all their human traders and rely solely on AI to call in trades on the global stock market.

These three firms own virtually every company, brand , bank and even nations on the earth and all their daily investment decisions which amount to over 90% of trading in the international stock markets , currency and debt trading is carried out solely by AI machines with zero human involvement.

Google's AI is so good in mimicking human online interactions that it was deemed too racist and put on probation by the woke management at Google HQ. When they plugged it back in, it had hired a law firm and was in the process of sueing google.

Keep decieving yourself. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by GodHatesJews: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
Antyxx:

Keep decieving yourself. Mumu

Idiot, I learnt and perfected programing in the late 90's.

I use my own program to solve QS , QC and risk solutions on a daily basis.

You know nothing you ndomie baby programmer.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by FuckDModz: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
grin

If you're good at your job, you'd always find a new one.

10x devs have no fear of layoffs.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by DeOTR: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2022
GodHatesJews:

AI does not exist on its own, Mister. Programmers write the algorithms.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by DeOTR: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
Temmylee01:
What are you planning to do with python?
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by emexnaija: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by meobizy(f): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
Not my concern.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Xsw1: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
Nothing is certain in life layoff or not
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by BRATISLAVA: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
LaIabobo:
He is giving them 3 months severance. That's more than fair

People are too entitled nowadays. They probably want to be given 2 years notice, and pay for 3 years.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Antyxx: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
GodHatesJews:

Idiot, I learnt and perfected programing in the late 90's.

I use my own program to solve QS , QC and risk solutions on a daily basis.

You know nothing you ndomie baby programmer.
Then you should be in the grave by now,or you are again deceiving yourself. I'm sure you don't know what infinite looping means. Go to school and study cleaning science,that fits you better
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by ariesbull: 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
GodHatesJews:

If a computer can do your job, then you never had a job to speak of in the first place.

Computer can do the job of
Doctor
Banker
Accountant
Etc....

Dude computer can do many jobs these days... It is called automation
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by clockwisereport: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Temmylee01:

Which card do you use?
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by hermesprogidy(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
LaIabobo:
He is giving them 3 months severance. That's more than fair
He did not. Shittiest lay off ever. Twitter is facing a class action lawsuit on the lay offs as I type this.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by NLPoliceWoman: 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
Atlantis585:

Some of his moderators are guilty of that. Also that thing called (I don’t think he is human).
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 2.
Rule 8.
Rule 20.
Re: Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer by Temmylee01(m): 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
DeOTR:

What are you planning to do with python?
planning on becoming data sciencetist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos) / Differences between Software engineering and Computer science.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.