Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Where Did God Come From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did God Come From? (1610 Views)

If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did God Come From? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
"Where did God come from?"

God did not come from anywhere. God was not created. Read more at http://ow.ly/Ma6Z50LtYmW

Re: Where Did God Come From? by jetwonder(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2022
grin God does not live in Heaven, He created Heaven and Earth the same day.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did God Come From? by sonmvayina(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
The thing that was there before the beginning of time. The energy that caused the big bang and set everything in motion and invariably brought me to Nigeria....
Re: Where Did God Come From? by doggedfighter(f): 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
From the imagination.

He's non-existent.

4 Likes

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
You mean yahweh?
When he called himself israelite god, did you think he was playing?
Re: Where Did God Come From? by AntiChristian: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2022
Why do Christians like the abuse of the so-called God they worship?
Re: Where Did God Come From? by ReacherSaidNoth: 10:56am On Nov 06, 2022
If your god was not created and came from nowhere, then he is nothing. Which means those who call him an imaginary entity are correct.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

God did not come from anywhere. God was not created. Read more at http://ow.ly/Ma6Z50LtYmW
Yahweh came from nothing.
Can nothing be created?

1 Like

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Gods is the beginning and the end he is infinite the is outside our concept of space and time so he is highly mysterious but he also reveals himself sometimes so we have no way of knowing the beginning of God that is if he has a beginning
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
doggedfighter:
From the imagination.

He's non-existent.

Prove it
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

Gods is the beginning and the end he is infinite the is outside our concept of space and time so he is highly mysterious but he also reveals himself sometimes so we have no way of knowing the beginning of God that is if he has a beginning

If he is the beginning and end, how then do you have free will since he already knows the end?
You are just following his script.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

What for? You wan go destroy Am?
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

If he is the beginning and end, how then do you have free will since he already knows the end?
You are just following his script.
We have free will. God knows all the possible outcome of our life's whatever we do we determine the outcome. It like the way we throw dice we know all the possible outcomes

1 Like

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

We have free will. God knows all the possible outcome of our life's whatever we do we determine the outcome. It like the way we throw dice we know all the possible outcomes

We don’t know the exact outcome when we throw the dice that’s why we have something called “probability”, so yahweh also doesn’t know the exact outcome of how the end will be?
If i throw a dice I don’t the number it will bring, I’m not all knowing.
An all knowing person will know the exact outcome and not just guess the possible outcomes.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

Is it possible for our mannequin or doll baby to know our origin?

Do they even know our House?
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is it possible for our mannequin or doll baby to know our origin?

Do they even know our House?

I don't think our brains can even handle it

1 Like

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

We don’t know the exact outcome when we throw the dice that’s why we have something called “probability”, so yahweh also doesn’t know the exact outcome of how the end will be?

Yeah because the dice can't think for itself but we are different we have a mind of our own
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

I don't think our brains can even handle it

We can only see as far as our eyes can see exactly like our cars and dolls and mannequins.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Gnosis777: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
Good luck getting a concrete answer to this question.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

Yeah because the dice can't think for itself but we are different we have a mind of our own

So yahweh doesn’t know our mind and he is only predicting what will happen at the end?
An all knowing god won’t be waiting for outcomes, he already knows the outcome before decision was taken hence you have no free will, only following yahweh script.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We can only see as far as our eyes can see exactly like our cars and dolls and mannequins.

Exactly, so all what you read in bible are people’s assumptions.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

If i throw a dice I don’t the number it will bring, I’m not all knowing.
An all knowing person will know the exact outcome and not just guess the possible outcomes.
He doesn't guess he knows knowing and guessing are two different things. He is All knowing but that doesn't mean he is going to allow some people be condemned from birth because it means for some people that no matter what they do their lives are going to play out in a particular way whether it is good our bad that will also make him partial. So he gave us free will and the ability to choose our path.

1 Like

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

He doesn't guess he knows knowing and guessing are two different things. He is All knowing but that doesn't mean he is going to allow some people be condemned from birth because it means for some people that no matter what they do their lives are going to play out in a particular way whether it is good our bad that will also make him partial. So he gave us free will and the ability to choose our path.

So your god doesn’t know the end? He doesn’t know how the end of the baby in the womb will look like.
Like a producer, he already knows the beginning and end of the movie, he wrote the script.

If your god is beginning and end then he must have seen all what your “free will” will end like.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

So your god doesn’t know the end?
Like a producer, he already knows the beginning and end of the movie, he wrote the script.

If your god is beginning and end then he must have seen all what your “free will” will end like.

I can see you you want to blame God for the way your life is going grin
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

I can see you you want to blame God for the way your life is going grin

I can see that yahweh your creator is not all knowing and only guessing outcomes like an addict gambler cheesy
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

I can see that your yahweh is not all knowing and only guessing outcomes like an addict gambler cheesy

I can see you have nothing to offer because you are always repeating what I spent time to explain instead of you to prove my explanation wrong you are just saying your God does guess work even when I told you knowing is different from guessing.
If you can't prove why my explanation is wrong or why what I explained is impossible then I don't know why I'm wasting time with you
Prove what I said to be wrong tongue.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

I can see you have nothing to offer because you are always repeating what I spent time to explain instead of you to prove my explanation wrong you are just saying your God does guess work even when I told you knowing is different from guessing.
If you can't prove why my explanation is wrong or why what I explained is impossible then I don't know why I'm wasting time with you
Prove what I said to be wrong tongue.
You explained nothing. First learn what “beginning and end” means.
If your god is all knowing and he is the beginning and end, that means the exact decision you’ll make till you die he already knows it. cheesy
Only humans wait for possible outcomes.

First learn what “all knowing”, beginning and end means wink
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

You explained nothing. First learn what “beginning and end” means.
If your god is all knowing and he is the beginning and end, that means the exact decision you’ll make till you die he already knows it. cheesy
Only humans wait for possible outcomes.

First learn what “all knowing”, beginning and end means wink

Now you're talking grin. ok God is the beginning and end doesn't mean he'll control every aspect of our life's . Now God said in the bible the thought I have for you is good and not evil for you to meet my expected end that tells you that we can work contrary to what God has in mind for us which will make us not to get to the ending he expects from us.

1 Like

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 7:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

Now you're talking grin. ok God is the beginning and end doesn't mean he'll control every aspect of our life's . Now God said in the bible the thought I have for you is good and not evil for you to meet my expected end that tells you that we can work contrary to what God has in mind for us which we make us not to get to the ending he expects from us.

If yahweh is beginning and end that means he has already shaped how your life will be till the end. He already knows how you will end before you were created, you only following the script to the end that he already knows.

If you can work contrary without your god knowing that means he is not all knowing, and he doesn’t know what will happen at the end.

“Expected” doesn’t look like a certain word, just like a father “expects” his son to be successful but he doesn’t know if he will be or not. cheesy
A father thought for his son is good and not evil. He can only hope just like your creator yahweh is hoping.

Like i said first know what “beginning, end and all knowing” means.
They are English words.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

If yahweh is beginning and end that means he has already shaped how your life will be till the end.

If you can work contrary without your god knowing that means he is not all knowing, and he doesn’t know what will happen at the end.

The beginning and the end doesn't mean he is the All knowing controller of human life
Let's take Cain and Abel for example God knew Cain killed Abel but God also Knows Cain wouldn't have killed Abel if he hadn't allow jealousy to takeover his heart. Although God's know all that can happen before they happen it is most time up to man to decide if they happen or not. That is also why a man can disobey God.God will never script man to go against him and punish him for what he made him do. That will make him partial.

1 Like

Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maynnmaan: 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lawag3:

The beginning and the end doesn't mean he is the All knowing controller of human life
Let's take Cain and Abel for example God knew Cain killed Abel but God also Knows Cain wouldn't have killed Abel if he hadn't allow jealousy to takeover his heart. Although God's know all that can happen before they happen it is most time up to man to decide if they happen or not. That is also why a man can disobey God.God will never script man to go against him and punish him for what he made him do. That will make him partial.
How is he beginning and end if he doesn’t know the outcome of humans decision? How did he arrive at the end then? Do you know what beginning and end means?
You mean before cain and abel was created he didn’t know how they will end? So how is he beginning and end? He his as clueless as everyone else.
Your creator yahweh is not all knowing, he lacks knowledge of somethings.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lawag3: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
Maynnmaan:

How is he beginning and end if he doesn’t know the outcome of humans decision? How did he arrive at the end then?
You mean before cain and abel was created he didn’t know how they will end?
Your creator yahweh is not all knowing, he lacks knowledge of somethings.

He doesn't only know the outcome he knows all the outcomes which is the true definition of all knowing and he is merciful enough to let us choose how we want our lives to be so we won't be able to blame him when things don't go our way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Doubters Of God And Hypochritical Christians Pls Read. / What Does The Bible Say About Paying Back Debts, Loans, Money? / Why Do People Sleep During Church Services?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.