Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do? (947 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2022
I was recently given an appointment letter to work as a sales officer ( Cashier) and mall attendant at a supermarket in Lagos. The starting salary is a little above 40k.

Ps: completed my Nysc february 2022.
And graduated with strong 2:1 from department of Zoology and Environmental Biology.

This offer that I was given entails standing for 13 to 14hrs from Monday to Sunday...the only time you are permitted to sit down is when you are selling ( Cashier).

Please I need your advice. Should I go on with the Job or continue looking for other opportunities.
Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2022
Please guys.....I need more opinions and advice on this.

I will be here to answer any question you have for me
Re: What Should I Do? by shege45: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2022
Milesbillions:
I was recently given an appointment letter to work as a sales officer ( Cashier) and mall attendant at a supermarket in Lagos. The starting salary is a little above 40k.

And graduated with strong 2:1 from department of Zoology and Environmental Biology.

This offer that I was given entails standing for 13 to 14hrs from Monday to Sunday...the only time you are permitted to sit down is when you are selling ( Cashier).

Please I need your advice. Should I go on with the Job or continue looking for other opportunities.

God will help you. 2.1 graduate, little above 40k, 7 days a week. It is well
Re: What Should I Do? by zed7: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2022
You people and funny questions. You are the one who knows your stamina and only you can decide what to do.

Even if you are able to stand for long, I believe you have ambition. Use that as a stepping stone to greater things.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:53am On Nov 06, 2022
shege45:
I am telling you bro.

Can you imagine that some of the senior staffs in the organization.....I am even more qualified than them......the only difference is the years and experience the have spent in the supermarket
Re: What Should I Do? by Taiwo20(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2022
shege45:

Accept it. Build you CV. Put in your best.

Have a 6 month target on this job.
If in the course of this, the job tries to mess up with your mental health, please kindly resign. You can live on the street. This is Africa. It difficult for that to happen.

Go succeed.
Re: What Should I Do? by Romanoff(f): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2022
The job might not give you time to apply for other jobs or go for interviews sha.

If you're capable, you can take it before your next interview comes up.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Starz825(m): 10:02am On Nov 06, 2022
Milesbillions:

Don't do a job that takes Sunday away from you....
It's not good enough...
Even if you are a third class graduate

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:10am On Nov 06, 2022
Milesbillions:

I am telling you bro.

Can you imagine that some of the senior staffs in the organization.....I am even more qualified than them......the only difference is the years and experience the have spent in the supermarket
I did something similar for a couple of years standing, walking, climbing stairs, crouching, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying.

If your ego will not allow you to breathe in the new job position, please don't accept the offer.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 10:14am On Nov 06, 2022
[quote author=zed7 post=118161871]You people and funny questions. You are the one who knows your stamina and only you can decide what to do.

Even if you are able to stand for long, I believe you have ambition. Use that as a stepping stone to greater things. [/quote

Yes sir I have ambition but Mehn as I am seeing the work, Mehn the work will not give me that time to pursue my ambition atleast for now.

I'm currently 24 years and I feel that I don't have much time like that again
Re: What Should I Do? by lilvicky68(m): 10:33am On Nov 06, 2022
Milesbillions:
I'm currently 24 years and I feel that I don't have much time like that again
Are you in a competition with anyone?
Re: What Should I Do? by JustStupidity: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
[quote author=Milesbillions post=118162412][/quote]

You're even lucky that you're 24 years.

Anyway, I'm 40 years still eating and under the roof of my parents. Though I'm not bothered.

My advice for you is that you're too young to make money, so relax when the time comes God will pick our call.

Reeespect ! Tuale! Nothing spoil ! On God! cool
Re: What Should I Do? by SPAMBOX7: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2022
Na person reward for 18yrs of education be this o. Make una come help me see o cheesy

Make person papa tell me say school no be scam for this country
Re: What Should I Do? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
Na person reward for 18yrs of education be this o. Make una come help me see o cheesy

Guy stop it

School is not scam, by the way there are different kinds of schools

One can be educated in different ways.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
Taiwo20:

Exactly my plan.
Just trying to learn the rudiments of supermarket work and atleast gain experience from it which I will add to my CV......

Six months is good enough..... atleast I will learn and gather capital to atleast use and hold pocket.

Accept it. Build you CV. Put in your best.

Have a 6 month target on this job.
If in the course of this, the job tries to mess up with your mental health, please kindly resign. You can live on the street. This is Africa. It difficult for that to happen.

Go succeed.
Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2022
[quote author=Romanoff post=118161975]The job might not give you time to apply for other jobs or go for interviews sha.

If you're capable, you can take it before your next interview comes up.
Exactly.....I can actually apply for work but it is attending interview that will be the issue......but like an OP said above.....the best thing is to zero mind and work there for six months and see what next
Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2022
Starz825:

Don't do a job that takes Sunday away from you....
It's not good enough...
Even if you are a third class graduate

Wetin u wan man pikin to do nah?

Man gatz survive nah...... atleast God understands perfectly well more than humans
Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
U just described the job
VeeVeeMyLuv:

I did something similar for a couple of years standing, walking, climbing stairs, crouching, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying.

If your ego will not allow you to breathe in the new job position, please don't accept the offer.
Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
lilvicky68:

Are you in a competition with anyone?

No.....I am not in competition with anyone but I have responsibilities......younger siblings that needs to be taken care of and I happens to be the first issue.....so you see.....much responsibility lies upon my shoulder....reason I am trying to buckle up
Re: What Should I Do? by Milesbillions(m): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2022
As funny as it sounds......one of the reason I read so well back then was because ofy ambition of going over to US to do my Masters.... although I still have that plan but finances is what is drawing me back......reason I feel like I am too old at 24
SPAMBOX7:

Re: What Should I Do? by Starz825(m): 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2022
Milesbillions:

Wetin u wan man pikin to do nah?

Man gatz survive nah...... atleast God understands perfectly well more than humans
Oh..I was thinking you have options...
Do am if you no get option bro....
But plan am well oo and dey pray ooo to your creator...make you no see wahala oo cos supermarket sometimes...dey land some worker inside police net...
And try make friends with customers for connections....for future jobs
Wish you good success man
Enjoy

(1) (Reply)

Naughty Female Nurse Leaks Her Video On LIVE Tiktok / Can Women Keep Sexual Secrets? / I Just Experienced The Worst Pandemic In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.