Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,105 members, 7,842,189 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Can You Marry A Divorced Person - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Divorced Person (2008 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by capnies: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
Sisib15:
I asked, only for him to tell me that she left because they were not communicating well and three months before she left she was not giving him sex that whenever they fight he not on the generator for her and he won't eat her food that those were the things that he felt that was the major cause and he said he's willing to do better in that part.

THOSE ARE STORIES AND LIES, THE SAME THING HE'S DOING TO YOU NOW AND WORSE IS WHAT HE DID TO HIS WIFE FOR 5YEARS. USE YOUR SENSES, FOR A WOMAN TO PARK OUT OF A MANS HOUSE, SHE HAS SEEN ENOUGH
THAT MAN IS ABANDONED PROPERTY, YOU DESERVE BETTER.

GET A HOUSE FOR YOURSELF AND ASK GOD FOR A BETTER MAN.
FIRST STAY AWAY FROM SIN

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Sisib15: 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
That's what he always say that do i know that out of 3 girls he has, he chose me because of something. Sometimes i do feel like i am doing the wrong thing
Richy4:
<<If you are sharing room with him, pack out of that room...
<<Tell him that you have made a decision and you have come to a conclusion that it won't work between the two of you...
<< If he ask why, highlight all that you have said above without tears..
<<Be bold and tell him that you are staying here at the moment because it's closer to your work place... that you will leave as soon as you get a new place..That your agent is on it.... SIMPLE
<<< The way you narrated the story, it was as if he was doing you a favour dating you...
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
detectivejones:
Have you ever wondered why his ex wife left? The answer is in your post. I still don't understand why people see red flags and say they're inlove. That man will drain you..what you're seeing is just an intro of what is waiting for you in the marriage, but the small change he is giving you plus the fact you've had sex with him several times has left you chained to him all in the name of love.
She doesn't need to bother why the ex-wife left as she already had 2 years or information why she should run away from this man herself. He is literally a bully to her in the relationship and nothing else. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by detectivejones: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
She doesn't need to bother why the ex-wife left as she already had 2 years or information why she should run away from this man herself. He is literally a bully to her in the relationship and nothing else. undecided
True, I hope she's strong enough to run away because most victims don't
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by extol1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2022
Sisib15:
That's what he always say that do i know that out of 3 girls he has, he chose me because of something. Sometimes i do feel like i am doing the wrong thing
alot as been said, so it is left for you to pick the one you feel could solve your problem
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by GboyegaD(m): 11:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
If he doesn't respect you now, he wouldn't change in marriage. Respect yourself and do what gives you peace. You saw the red flags now, consider if you want to go on with it and please, if you do, kindly endure to the end.
Marriage changes no one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by rickleye: 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Sisib15:
Hello nairaland, So i met this man three years ago, we started talking and he told me that he's divorced, at first he doesn't want to disclose it to me that he has married before , i discovered through my search on Facebook and he said his wife packed out of his house and he has tried all means to beg her to come back but she insisted that she's not coming back even her pastor informed him to move on and he has moved on and they were married for 5 years without a child.
Then he asked me out and we started dating in which we have been together for two years now, my problem is what ever i do for this man he never appreciate it, he's always complaining to an extent that i feel that he's still much interested in his previous wife. I started staying in his house because his house is very close to my work place and i started seeing alot of things that i don't like especially he like measuring me up with his wife standard whatever I do to him i don't do it well like i don't know how to dress, i don't know how to eat, i don't know how to cook and he likes judging and always wanting to correct me. I love him so much but i don't know if i can continue with this. If i cook, i don't know how to cook, if people should hurt me outside and i told him he will judge me first before listening, at times he says some demeaning things to me and tell me that he's joking with me. At times, i feel that he's pretending, recently i told him that he needs to see a therapist.
My problem now is that he's asking me for marriage, i don't know if i should accept or i should stop the relationship, i am really confuse!
He's 40 years old and i'm 28 years old.

Girl if you’re not comfortable before marriage look for someone else. The only reason you’ll stay with him is if you have a low self esteem. If you were my sister, I wouldn’t attend your wedding. If you were my friend, I would advice not to and I wouldn’t attend your wedding.
You have never mentioned any positive above about him !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by oldienavie: 1:40am On Nov 09, 2022
A lot of people giving advise here don't even realise they are giving advise to an average Nigerian lady.

80% of Nigerian women are empty, no skill, lack of critical thinking, the only thing majority of them know is to do hookup and use make up and watch zee world.

You see them jumping around social media typing Amen to posts that prophesy that they will get married before the end of the year, they are looking for an unfortunate man that will bring them into his life, the only thing they are offering is kpekus...

That is why majority of men do not respect them, because most of these girls are harlots/prostitutes imagine this op already cohabiting with a married man, how will he respect you ?

You go around hanging your needs and demands on men for sex, how is that different from a prostitue ?
May God help those looking for wives...
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Richy4(m): 10:09am On Nov 09, 2022
Sisib15:

Do yourself a Favour and leave that relationship....
You can never measure up to his Ex.....even if you kill yourself for him you will still not measure up....even if you are better than the ex, he will always find something... that's a mind game dear...

The thing is he has gotten you where he wanted you by telling u that you were not good enough... and individuals like me and many out there who loves challenges will always rise to the occasion just to prove a point...It is better for u to turn the table on him now...so that he can ask himself questions like why can't I keep a woman...Is it me or what?

But in case you don't want to leave him, Just ask yourself some questions as well like.. Is he worth it? Is there a reason why I should die for this man that compares me with someone that I don't know?... If you think he is worth dying for...there's something unique about him that you can't let go....OR THAT YOU WILL CHANGE HIM AS SOON AS YOU GET MARRIED, then I wish you the best of luck..
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Mindlog: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
Richy4:

Do yourself a Favour and leave that relationship....
You can never measure up to his Ex.....even if you kill yourself for him you will still not measure up....even if you are better than the ex, he will always find something... that's a mind game dear...

The thing is he has gotten you where he wanted you by telling u that you were not good enough... and individuals like me and many out there who loves challenges will always rise to the occasion just to prove a point...It is better for u to turn the table on him now...so that he can ask himself questions like why can't I keep a woman...Is it me or what?

But in case you don't want to leave him, Just ask yourself some questions as well like.. Is he worth it? Is there a reason why I should die for this man that compares me with someone that I don't know?... If you think he is worth dying for...there's something unique about him that you can't let go....OR THAT YOU WILL CHANGE HIM AS SOON AS YOU GET MARRIED, then I wish you the best of luck..

She will not leave that relationship.
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Richy4(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mindlog:

She will not leave that relationship.

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Honestly, It's just her decision to make....Ours is to make her see reasons....
The guy has showed her that he is more experienced on mind game than her....
If she decides to stay, good for her and I am 97% sure that she will be fighting tooth and nail to measure up to an imaginary standard set for her till Jesus comes....The most disappointing thing is, she doesn't even know whom she was competing with.....
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do? / When To Start Using Tooth Brush On Children? / What Are Your Definition Of Head Of The Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.