Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Can You Marry A Divorced Person - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Divorced Person (1971 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Sisib15: 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
Hello nairaland, So i met this man three years ago, we started talking and he told me that he's divorced, at first he doesn't want to disclose it to me that he has married before , i discovered through my search on Facebook and he said his wife packed out of his house and he has tried all means to beg her to come back but she insisted that she's not coming back even her pastor informed him to move on and he has moved on and they were married for 5 years without a child.
Then he asked me out and we started dating in which we have been together for two years now, my problem is what ever i do for this man he never appreciate it, he's always complaining to an extent that i feel that he's still much interested in his previous wife. I started staying in his house because his house is very close to my work place and i started seeing alot of things that i don't like especially he like measuring me up with his wife standard whatever I do to him i don't do it well like i don't know how to dress, i don't know how to eat, i don't know how to cook and he likes judging and always wanting to correct me. I love him so much but i don't know if i can continue with this. If i cook, i don't know how to cook, if people should hurt me outside and i told him he will judge me first before listening, at times he says some demeaning things to me and tell me that he's joking with me. At times, i feel that he's pretending, recently i told him that he needs to see a therapist.
My problem now is that he's asking me for marriage, i don't know if i should accept or i should stop the relationship, i am really confuse!
He's 40 years old and i'm 28 years old.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by diaspoAFRICANS: 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2022
I see that you have more issues with him than him being divorced so I would advise that you watch and pray before making a decision.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by immortalcrown(m): 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2022
Una no dey talk true when una need advice. Una too dey pretend. See as you pretentiously claim you love him. Nonsense.

He treats you as you say in this post, yet you say you love him.

It is a lie. You don't love him. Love is not what is keeping you in the relationship. There are three things that make women like you claim you love a man who maltreats you.

One, either you are desperate for marriage because of your age or peer pressure.

Two, maybe he is good in bed for you.

Three, maybe he significantly assists in providing your material needs.

How can a woman love the man that compares her to his previous wife, doesn't appreciate her and dislikes her cooking? He is even mean to an extent of saying you don't know how to eat. He does these things when you are yet to marry him. I wonder how he will behave when you officially become his property. grin

Anyways, keep on loving him. Aww! Love in Tokyo. I know the two things he wants from you. But I won't mention them, since you are not sincere to mention what is keeping you in the relationship. The love you mention is not for the man but for one of the three factors I mentioned above.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Dogalmighty17: 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nope! Never. Next question!
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by lilvicky68(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
You shouldn't be with anyone whom you can't please whether divorced or not.

I know someone out there is seeking your attention and love but you are there giving it to someone who's not appreciative because of money.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by AdamuKD: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
Run as fast as your legs can carry you !!!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by ojun50(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
Go luck for some one who you can grow with if you want to enjoy marriage.
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Alexk2(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
Why did his ex-wife left her marriage with him?
Is it that you never find out or you just choose to leave that part out?

Please never stay where you are not appreciated, loved and celebrated.... You can manage if it's a workplace especially in Nigeria but please don't try it in marriage. Enough said!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by dawnomike(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
Sisib15:
Hello nairaland, So i met this man three years ago, we started talking and he told me that he's divorced, at first he doesn't want to disclose it to me that he has married before , i discovered through my search on Facebook and he said his wife packed out of his house and he has tried all means to beg her to come back but she insisted that she's not coming back even her pastor informed him to move on and he has moved on and they were married for 5 years without a child.
Then he asked me out and we started dating in which we have been together for two years now, my problem is what ever i do for this man he never appreciate it, he's always complaining to an extent that i feel that he's still much interested in his previous wife. I started staying in his house because his house is very close to my work place and i started seeing alot of things that i don't like especially he like measuring me up with his wife standard whatever I do to him i don't do it well like i don't know how to dress, i don't know how to eat, i don't know how to cook and he likes judging and always wanting to correct me. I love him so much but i don't know if i can continue with this. If i cook, i don't know how to cook, if people should hurt me outside and i told him he will judge me first before listening, at times he says some demeaning things to me and tell me that he's joking with me. At times, i feel that he's pretending, recently i told him that he needs to see a therapist.
My problem now is that he's asking me for marriage, i don't know if i should accept or i should stop the relationship, i am really confuse!
You are truly very confused my sister... So, you want to tell us that you are not seeing the red flags in all these yet abi?
Go and marry him na...
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
The signs are so glaring but anty desperado is blind

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by mekaw(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
Divorced, single mom infact I can even snatch Person wife as long we need each other Note AS LONG AS WE NEED EACH OTHER
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Sisib15: 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
I asked, only for him to tell me that she left because they were not communicating well and three months before she left she was not giving him sex that whenever they fight he not on the generator for her and he won't eat her food that those were the things that he felt that was the major cause and he said he's willing to do better in that part.
Alexk2:
Why did his ex-wife left her marriage with him?
Is it that you never find out or you just choose to leave that part out?
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by diaspoAFRICANS: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2022
lilvicky68:
You shouldn't be with anyone whom you can't please whether divorced or not.

I know someone out there is seeking your attention and love but you are there giving it to someone who's not appreciative because of money.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Oluneutral: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2022
You're really indeed confused because, if not, how can you claim to love someone with these heavy and numerous baggages.

Your love is still blind now, if you mistakenly marry him, marriage will open it for you.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by atango(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Brutally explicit! Said it as you see it, no sugar coating.
immortalcrown:
Una no dey talk true when una need advice. Una too dey pretend. See as you pretentiously claim you love him. Nonsense.

He treats you as you say in this post, yet you say you love him.

It is a lie. You don't love him. Love is not what is keeping you in the relationship. There are three things that make women like you claim you love a man who maltreats you.

One, either you are desperate for marriage because of your age or peer pressure.

Two, maybe he is good in bed for you.

Three, maybe he significantly assists in providing your material needs.

How can a woman love the man that compares her to his previous wife, doesn't appreciate her and dislikes her cooking? He is even mean to an extent of saying you don't know how to eat. He does these things when you are yet to marry him. I wonder how he will behave when you officially become his property. grin

Anyways, keep on loving him. Aww! Love in Tokyo. I know the two things he wants from you. But I won't mention them, since you are not sincere to mention what is keeping you in the relationship. The love you mention is not for the man but for one of the three factors I mentioned above.
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by faithfull18(f): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
NO. His wife may be in another country and he may still be married. Men with baggages everywhere like MTN.
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by NemoDatQuod(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
If you have been in a relationship with a man or woman for a period of time and you lived together before you went your separate ways, you have been divorced before. The only difference with a formally divorced individual is that the individual did the right thing and got formally married. So the fact that he is divorced is a non starter.

You amaze me. You have a man who has shown you what a wicked, terrible and manipulative man he is and you still are confused. I thought you came on here to tell us how you left his arse and are thankful to God for making the man show you his real self.

Hmm! Continue with your confusion. I don't give advise in circumstances that do not need advising. If you are interested in loving yourself and living a happy successful life, you already know that you should have run far away from that guy by now. It is much more better to live this life as a single person than to hand yourself over to significant unhappiness that will cause you serious pain everyday and may even cost you your life. And at the end of the day, you also will become formally divorced, single and back to where you started, in addition to the pain and hurt.

Write down the things you require from the man you will marry and stick by them. The guy you marry becomes your boss. Find yourself the right boss. At work , we do not have control over who becomes our boss. But at home, we do.

Sisib15:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2022
Sisib15:
■my problem is what ever i do for this man he never appreciate it, he's always complaining to an extent that i feel that

■he's still much interested in his previous wife.

■I started staying in his house because his house is very close to my work place and i started seeing alot of things that i don't like especially

■he like measuring me up with his wife standard whatever I do to him i don't do it well like i don't know how to dress, i don't know how to eat, i don't know how to cook and he likes judging and always wanting to correct me.

■If i cook, i don't know how to cook, if people should hurt me outside and i told him he will judge me first before listening,

■at times he says some demeaning things to me and tell me that he's joking with me.

■At times, i feel that he's pretending, recently i told him that he needs to see a therapist..
If even with all you have listed above, you can't see that you ought to be running away from him like his ex did, then you are the one who really needs to get professional mental help fast before it is too late. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
I don't see anything wrong with getting married to a divorcee, but it seems like you guys are not compatible.

If he was content with you, he wouldn't be complaining about all these things.. And if you're gonna decide to keep a blind eye and go ahead and agree to be his wife, go ahead, but don't come here disturbing nairalanders with your complaints about him or disturbing the people around you.
Sisib15:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by frozen70(f): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
Sisib15:

You can't appreciate some one who doesn't appreciate people's efforts

In other words, an ingrate is an ingrate

If you are enjoying the relationship and you can tolerate insults from him, then be ready to carry teary etestall through your marriage with him

If you want absolute peace of mind, look for a man that loves you to the moon and back not some one you loves dearly and doesn't place you properly

How are you even sure when the first wife comes back, you will become the second wife by default
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by thorpido(m): 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
Can't you see that his character is the main reason why his wife left him?
Why are you still in the relationship?I love him(in Minnie mouse voice).

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by ahnie: 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
I detest nagging n comparism like madddd
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by culf: 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2022
its not about being divorce though it count but the real question is, can you cope or live with all you have seen and complaining about?
This is why courtship is good before marriage, so make your decision. If you're a religious person, I will also advise that you pray about it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by sisisioge: 12:47am On Nov 07, 2022
Someone whose wife moved out of the house and refused to return despite all begging and mediation? You no know anything, na werey person dey leave like that nau. You wont even be winning the bronze there maami....guy is that kind of person peace loving people leave alone jejely.

If the guy and his wife had differences that lead to divorce, especially where he did the leaving, then you can start listening to his side to judge for yourself. In this case, the guy is the nut case that hasn't learnt a thing from his past experience. You sef no wise to be asking silly questions grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:11am On Nov 07, 2022
You will hold onto this divorced man who is emotionally abusing you, you will hold onto him for years and miss a better marital partner. Already you have wasted two years with him, keep counting. If you like marry him, deep in your heart you know he will give you nothing but misery in marriage, unless you are going for his money/babies anyway.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Divoc19(f): 4:11am On Nov 07, 2022
Please stay away from divorced men and women unless you are divorced too.
The can be toxic at times

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by mrblessed(m): 4:40am On Nov 07, 2022
So the problem here is not so much that he is a divorcee, but that he is highly petty and judgemental. Since his wife that is a perfect foil left him, you know what to expect of you decide to marry him.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by JONSYN7154: 6:03am On Nov 07, 2022
Sisib15:
You're seeing RED FLAG and you want to marry him?;

Don't you think its that same RED FLAG the wife saw and left him?

My dear, the advice you'll give to yourself is more important than the one people will give you.

Have a blissful day

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by ozonechrome: 6:04am On Nov 07, 2022
Sisib15:

Run like crazy.

Would have left immediately I found he was married previously and lied about it.

Don't make the mistake of your life getting married to him.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Ebonygeek(f): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2022
You're funny o. Someone is making you feel like shít, yet you're still with him? What exactly do you want Nairalanders to tell you? Ways to endure the insults and degradation? undecided
Have some freaking self-respect lady. You'll never be good enough for him.
Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by detectivejones: 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2022
Have you ever wondered why his ex wife left? The answer is in your post. I still don't understand why people see red flags and say they're inlove. That man will drain you..what you're seeing is just an intro of what is waiting for you in the marriage, but the small change he is giving you plus the fact you've had sex with him several times has left you chained to him all in the name of love.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Divorced Person by Richy4(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
<<If you are sharing room with him, pack out of that room...
<<Tell him that you have made a decision and you have come to a conclusion that it won't work between the two of you...
<< If he ask why, highlight all that you have said above without tears..
<<Be bold and tell him that you are staying here at the moment because it's closer to your work place... that you will leave as soon as you get a new place..That your agent is on it.... SIMPLE
<<< The way you narrated the story, it was as if he was doing you a favour dating you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Copied: How I Found My Death Certificate With My Wife While I Am Still Alive / The Lonely Widows And The Greedy/self Centered Relatives / 9-year-old Girl Gives Birth To Healthy Baby Boy In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.