Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

What Happens When We Die? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When We Die? (6194 Views)

When We Die! / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Where Do We Go When We Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When We Die? by justcool(m): 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2008
@sanoosy
sanoosy:

its questions like this that awakens many sleeping ones to a deeper contemplation and appreciation
of the true purpose of life on earth,provided he seeks objectively and with an open mind.[color=#006600][/color]

Good point !

@manmustwac
manmustwac:

justcool YES! I did the assignment you gave me but i still disagree with you, just because a very small minority of kids just happen to be extraordinarily gifted dosen't mean that they existed in a previous life.

Okay please will you be kind enough as to tell me how and where such kids got their gifts. So you believe in Gifts?!!!!! Interesting! Now explain to me the scientific reason behind such gifts.
Please explain to me how a three year old could perform a task the takes a life time to learn. When and where did the three old train or practice the task. 

manmustwac:

And how do you know that we have a spirit? Have you seen one before? Or touched one before? Since you can't see it or can't feel it how can u prove that the spirit exists?

So what you can't see, touch does not exist? Interesting point! Especially comming from somebody in this age when science has acknowledge that we don't see half of the things in our environment. Perhaps, I should stop purifying my water to get rid of germs, since I don't see, touch or feel germs.

Why won't you collect water from the toilet and drink it? Since you don't see anything, touch anything or feel anything in the water, the water must be clean.  Have you ever seen, touched or felt HIV virus? Why don't you receive blood from an Aids victim, since what you don't see or touch does not exist.

And please answer these questions:

How do you prove that your thoughts exist? Since you can't see, touch or feel them.
How do you prove that you have a mind? Do you touch, see or feel your mind?
How do you prove that life exist? Have you ever seen, touched or felt life?  Remember, living things and life are two different things.

I will give you a little help.
Living is a result of live or the effect of life. By seeing living things which is a result of life, I deduce that "life" exist.
It(Life) is that which makes thing move and grow. Thus by seeing an effect, one can deduce the thing that caused the effect. Now apply the same to all the questions above, including the existence of spirit.
Is it not clear now that the spirit exist??

Thanks

I await your reply.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by mboma(m): 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2008
the best answer is in the bible Ecclesiastes 5:9-10. pls try it every body
Re: What Happens When We Die? by vidabonds: 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2009
i believe when we die we get reborn. i dont really believe in heaven or hell or really whimsical ideas that we"join god" cause there really is no proof and i dont mean scientific proof i mean like we would definitely get more clues if every person was going to one or the other after death, and its ridiculus to think that from birth to death is ur only existance. How else would you explain how some people know each other really well when they first meet, and how we have a fairly good grasp of history which wouldn't be easy if every person had a one shot chance at life, and how many people have unexplained scars on them. so we essientially dont die which i think is why we dont really know anything about it cause its more illusion and sorta a misnomer than reality
Re: What Happens When We Die? by benedictac(f): 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2009
It is appointed unto man to die once after that judgement. once a man dies his spirit goes back to the owner imediately i.e God and his soul is also judged instantly. E.g the soul that sins shall die.

Heaven is real so is hell.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by jagunlabi(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2009
What happens?We melt back into the universal consciousness,and that's it.We return to the state we were in before we were born into the physical world.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by manmustwac(m): 1:13am On Feb 21, 2009
justcool:

@manmustwac
Okay please will you be kind enough as to tell me how and where such kids got their gifts. So you believe in Gifts?!!!!! Interesting! Now explain to me the scientific reason behind such gifts.
Please explain to me how a three year old could perform a task the takes a life time to learn. When and where did the three old train or practice the task. 

Please click on the link below and read the first four lines to understand where young kids get thier gifts from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted

justcool:

So what you can't see, touch does not exist? Interesting point! Especially comming from somebody in this age when science has acknowledge that we don't see half of the things in our environment. Perhaps, I should stop purifying my water to get rid of germs, since I don't see, touch or feel germs.

Why won't you collect water from the toilet and drink it? Since you don't see anything, touch anything or feel anything in the water, the water must be clean.  Have you ever seen, touched or felt HIV virus? Why don't you receive blood from an Aids victim, since what you don't see or touch does not exist.

Your just being very ridiculous now germs and HIV are not visible to the naked eye so obviously u can't see or touch germs. They can only be seen under a microscope, HIV is a virus that causes AIDs. HIV is not visible to the naked eye and u can't tell if somebody has it just by looking at them {unless they've got the full blown virus} but ppl do go for tests

justcool:

How do you prove that your thoughts exist? Since you can't see, touch or feel them.
Well what makes think i believe that my thoughts exist? Thoughts don't exist. How can what i'm thinking now exist? I can feel happy sad or angry but how can i use my hands to touch my feelings?

justcool:

How do you prove that you have a mind? Do you touch, see or feel your mind?
Lol. Your very funny. Well am sure its not juju or black magic am using to write this reply so it must be my mind. Its my mind i'm using to think of what to say in my reply to your questions. Obviously i can't see and feel my mind but am using my mind right now  smiley

justcool:

How do you prove that life exist? Have you ever seen, touched or felt life?  Remember, living things and life are two different things.
Life dose exist ok. Your alive on this planet and so am i which means we both exist on this planet which means there must be life on this planet called Earth.  smiley You cannot touch life ok but you can go out to nightclubs to enjoy your life. Don't you know that some criminals have to spend a lifetime in prison coz of offences they commit? Or haven't u heard of the saying "Get a life" which people say to people who {do nothing but stay indoors and} don't have a life? I bet that you don't have a life since you can't touch it or feel it?  smiley

justcool:

I will give you a little help.
Living is a result of live or the effect of life. By seeing living things which is a result of life, I deduce that "life" exist.
It(Life) is that which makes thing move and grow. Thus by seeing an effect, one can deduce the thing that caused the effect. Now apply the same to all the questions above, including the existence of spirit.
Is it not clear now that the spirit exist?.
Am sorry coolguy i still disagree with you and all my reasons are stated above since you can't see your spirit or feel your spirit it dosent exist ok
Re: What Happens When We Die? by MrCrackles(m): 1:14am On Feb 21, 2009
Topic

How i go know
?!
Re: What Happens When We Die? by juman(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2010
We start facing judgment immediately. The judgment are in phases: the first is in the grave and the other is on judgment day. But the grave does not mean only physical grave. It also means any where the dead body is, may be on the ground, in water or any where.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 15, 2010
Beyond the Light

by PMH Atwater

The following material was excerpted from two of P. M. H. Atwater's books – "Beyond the Light: The Mysteries and Revelations of Near-Death Experiences" (Avon Books, New York City, 1994), and "We Live Forever: The Real Truth about Death" (A.R.E. Press, Virginia Beach, VA, 2004).

It is based on first-person commentaries from over 3,000 adult experiencers of near-death states. To learn more about the near-death research of P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D. access www.cinemind.com/atwater.

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DIE

Any pain to be suffered comes first. Instinctively you fight to live.

That is automatic.

It is inconceivable to the conscious mind that any other reality could possibly exist beside the earth-world of matter bounded by time and space. We are used to it. We have been trained since birth to live and thrive in it. We know ourselves to be ourselves by the external stimuli we receive. Life tells us who we are and we accept its telling. That, too, is automatic, and to be expected.

Your body goes limp. Your heart stops. No more air flows in or out.

You lose sight, feeling, and movement – although the ability to hear goes last. Identity ceases. The "you" that you once were becomes only a memory.

There is no pain at the moment of death.

Only peaceful silence. . . calm. . . quiet.

But you still exist.

It is easy not to breathe. In fact, it is easier, more comfortable, and infinitely more natural not to breathe than to breathe. The biggest surprise for most people in dying is to realize that dying does not end life. Whether darkness or light comes next, or some kind of event, be it positive, negative, or somewhere in-between, expected or unexpected, the biggest surprise of all is to realize you are still you. You can still think, you can still remember, you can still see, hear, move, reason, wonder, feel, question, and tell jokes – if you wish.

You are still alive, very much alive. Actually, you're more alive after death than at any time since you were last born. Only the way of all this is different; different because you no longer wear a dense body to filter and amplify the various sensations you had once regarded as the only valid indicators of what constitutes life. You had always been taught one has to wear a body to live.

If you expect to die when you die you will be disappointed.

The only thing dying does is help you release, slough off, and discard the "jacket" you once wore (more commonly referred to as a body).

When you die you lose your body.

That's all there is to it.

Nothing else is lost.

You are not your body. It is just something you wear for a while, because living in the earth-plane is infinitely more meaningful and more involved if you are encased in its trappings and subject to its rules.

WHAT DEATH IS

There is a step-up of energy at the moment of death, an increase in speed as if you are suddenly vibrating faster than before.

Using radio as an analogy, this speed-up is comparable to having lived all your life at a certain radio frequency when all of a sudden someone or something comes along and flips the dial. That flip shifts you to another, higher wavelength. The original frequency where you once existed is still there. It did not change. Everything is still just the same as it was. Only you changed, only you speeded up to allow entry into the next radio frequency on the dial.

As is true with all radios and radio stations, there can be bleed-overs or distortions of transmission signals due to interference patterns. These can allow or force frequencies to coexist or commingle for indefinite periods of time. Normally, most shifts up the dial are fast and efficient; but, occasionally, one can run into interference, perhaps from a strong emotion, a sense of duty, or a need to fulfill a vow, or keep a promise. This interference could allow coexistence of frequencies for a few seconds, days, or even years (perhaps explaining hauntings); but, sooner or later, eventually, every given vibrational frequency will seek out or be nudged to where it belongs.

You fit your particular spot on the dial by your speed of vibration. You cannot coexist forever where you do not belong.

Who can say how many spots there are on the dial or how many frequencies there are to inhabit. No one knows.

You shift frequencies in dying. You switch over to life on another wave-length. You are still a spot on the dial but you move up or down a notch or two.

You don't die when you die. You shift your consciousness and speed of vibration.

That's all death is. . . a shift.

Although copyrighted, Dr. Atwater gives permission for this material to be copied – as long as proper credits are given, the books it comes from and her website are mentioned. Thank you for your courtesy. PMH

For more about What happens when we die, visit

http://www.nderf.org/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror / A Test: Do You Have The True Jesus? / The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.