Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams (37119 Views)

Bukunmi Oluwasina Weds Lover Of 11 Years (Photos, Video) / Isabella Idibia Taller Than Her Mother, Annie At 11 Years / Koffi Olomide Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Raping 15-year-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Stateside: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
sircatherine45:

You have freedom in Nigeria, but can't move around safely, and another man is in a USA prison with facilities for a sane man, but with no freedom. Which will you chose?

You know your answer.

As for his clique, they may still communicate with each other. They are bros for life, so they'll hold forte till he's outta jail. That's what bros do!

Hush was just a foolish boy who was stubborn and stupid. I personally warned him when we met at a club in Accra. But it fell to deaf ears. I regret him being in prison, but I'll be with him, and prays he endure, as there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Now i can see how myopic your viewpoint is. We on the worldwide web and you already ASSUMED that i must be in Nigeria. Even if i'm in Nigeria you sound a lil immature to value money over freedom.

Just the freedom go to any buka and relax is worth it for me than sitting in a prison in the USA

When he throws a party lots of people attend. How many are doing the time with him now?

Think for yourself. His closest pals will be those in the same lifestyle and believe me they are not gonna be reaching out soas not to bring spotlight on themselves.

We will always have a different value system.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Roboto11: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2022
donforeign:
oga quiet e.. your governors n senators wey dey loot u dry, how Dem dey? Console urself

Mumu.

You sef go still enter jail if you do fraud.

Your mates are making legal dollars and pounds all you can do is look up to a jailbird whose yansh is presently being owned as your inspiration.

Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
sircatherine45:

I'll teach my kids to hustle the money but use their head.

Why I said black man black sense is that a black man will be hustling $100 gift card from client, but will be criticizing corrupt politicians. Swear say you never rip person. Na because me and you dey form ghost for anonymous forum like Nairaland?

You dey whine mi ni?

Baba, leave that talk.

Why will I have to rip someone? On what basis will I choose fraud as occupation!

Hello! Never compare a hardworking man with a fraudster! He might not have money to steal or live the luxury life, but he is far better than a fraudster!

With the whole fraud your crew have been doing, has it made you the richest in Nigeria, or put Nigeria as a front liner in any industry? What sector Nigeria's economy does fraud control? Is a fraudster the highest shareholder in Chevron, Agip or Haliburton?

Indian and China are leading the world in technology and springing up the best that will lead the world decades from now, while someone is still here celebrating and justifying crime. I hope you are not in the category of people who blame the government? Cos your likes are also a major problem to the country itself.

Everybody is not a fraudster. Many of us were raised by people who instilled values in us. Not celebrating ill gotten wealth as if its a Nobel prize.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by sircatherine45(m): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
Stateside:

Now i can see how myopic your viewpoint is. We on the worldwide web and you already ASSUMED that i must be in Nigeria. Even if i'm in Nigeria you sound a lil immature to value money over freedom.

Just the freedom go to any buka and relax is worth it for me than sitting in a prison in the USA

When he throws a party lots of people attend. How many are doing the time with him now?

Think for yourself. His closest pals will be those in the same lifestyle and believe me they are not gonna be reaching out soas not to bring spotlight on themselves.

We will always have a different value system.

You are still repeating the crappy script played to you. Does freedom pay your bills? Answer me!

Nigeria is in turmoil, but people are cashing out. Elites don't GAF about you, know that. Chase the paper and forget about the freedom.

Some governors were jailed some years ago, now they are free. Are they not still the ones ruling us? And you say you value freedom bla bla bla?

Nigga, you ain't real. I swear, illegit is the deal. And if you not ready to make the dough, then you've fvcked yourself in the head.

I'm done...
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by FireUpNow(m): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
The amount he is ordered to pay in restitution is too meager compared to the amount he defrauded how victims and the time is is a bit linient. Is the 11 years time in prison added to 40 years before he would be out to outside world, his kids would have grown up
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by sircatherine45(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Why will I have to rip someone? On what basis will I choose fraud as occupation!

Hello! Never compare a hardworking man with a fraudster! He might not have money to steal or live the luxury life, but he is far better than a fraudster!

With the whole fraud your crew have been doing, has it made you the richest in Nigeria, or put Nigeria as a front liner in any industry? What sector Nigeria's economy does fraud control? Is a fraudster the highest shareholder in Chevron, Agip or Haliburton?

Indian and China are leading the world in technology and springing up the best that will lead the world decades from now, while someone is still here celebrating and justifying crime. I hope you are not in the category of people who blame the government? Cos your likes are also a major problem to the country itself.

Everybody is not a fraudster. Many of us were raised by people who instilled values in them. Not celebrating ill gotten wealth as if its a Nobel prize.

Oga, no dey shalaye too much. Obasanjo gave control to Dangote and Otedola, but they are the ones ruling the Nigerian markets.

Zuckerberg sold people data and privacy, and he's a billionaire.

Emoney is a drug dealer, but he's rich.

Other people who are wealthy had ripped people off in the past. Don't be deceived. Evil will always rule the earth. If you can't beat them, you join them.

Hush is in prison. 11 years later, hell be out. You think he'll be poor? Naaaa, more updates dey, and money go flow.

One day, I'll tell my story of why legal way doesn't pay, and why you need to join them instead of beating them.
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Honchoslim16(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2022
See it, touch it, obtain it
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Cravemore: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2022
Lil Wayne "I rather go to jail, instead of being broke".

Forgive the Pig �
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Roboto11: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
sircatherine45:

Oga, no dey shalaye too much. Obasanjo gave control to Dangote and Otedola, but they are the ones ruling the Nigerian markets.

Zuckerberg sold people data and privacy, and he's a billionaire.

Emoney is a drug dealer, but he's rich.

Other people who are wealthy had ripped people off in the past. Don't be deceived. Evil will always rule the earth. If you can't beat them, you join them.

Hush is in prison. 11 years later, hell be out. You think he'll be poor? Naaaa, more updates dey, and money go flow.

One day, I'll tell my story of why legal way doesn't pay, and why you need to join them instead of beating them.

Shatap.

There is absolutely nothing Hush has enjoyed that many hardworking people haven't, yet they have their freedom.

Abi make people use your pikin head to do jazz since money making is all that matters.

Mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by sircatherine45(m): 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
Roboto11:

Shatap.

There is absolutely nothing Hush has enjoyed that many hardworking people haven't, yet they have their freedom.

Abi make people use your pikin head to do jazz since money making is all that matters.

Mumu.

Exchanging words with idiots who signed a life contract to poverty is not what I wished for, but if I insult your interests, I'll do it again. I fear no fools and laggers. I support Hush, and there's nothing dolts like you can do about that.

Rest in peace, motherfvcker!

Spits!
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Bignuell(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
sukkot:
cheesy he will be out in 4. he already done 2. by 2026 he will be released. prison year is 6 months
Not federal crime bro

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by donforeign: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Roboto11:

Mumu.

You sef go still enter jail if you do fraud.

Your mates are making legal dollars and pounds all you can do is look up to a jailbird whose yansh is presently being owned as your inspiration.

Mumu.
continue to deceiving yourself.. your governors dey fraud u n nothing way una fit do.. banks dey fraud una, nothing una do . Co-operate thieves...yeye
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by planetx: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Angelfrost:
Just 11 years?!! He is lucky!

With good behavior, he can be paroled after 5 or 6 years!
Nothing about being lucky, he pleaded guilty and will make restitution. If he had decided to plead not guilty and go through a jury trail he could easily get 20 years behind bars if found guilty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by planetx: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Ibfpleasant:
That guy is coming out in 2025. 11 years is 5 years plus, minus the 2 years already spent in jailed.
Not true you serve 85% of your sentence in federal prison, meaning he is serving 9 years.

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Angelfrost(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
planetx:
Nothing about being lucky, he pleaded guilty and will make restitution. If he had decided to plead not guilty and go through a jury trail he could easily get 20 years behind bars if found guilty.

Okay... Thank you for clarifying.
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by planetx: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
Drfernandez:
Unfortunately he wasn't even a sophisticated and successful fraudster as he had presented himself before his arrest.

From all that was said, more than 90 percent of his intended actions did not succeed, and the few that succeeded, he got little shares from them. The approximately 1.5 million he was ordered to pay in restitution says it all, and I wager he doesn't have even 1/4 of that amount neither in cash nor assets.

He was mainly an international bank account broker in the fraud schemes. The sentencing serves him right. Kudos to the government.
The Canadian guy was the real mastermind, reading silly comments about how the FBI will employ him lol. His ass is getting deported to Nigeria after serving at least 85% of his sentence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Bignuell(m): 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
Alot of nairalanders are mofos. People that has never spent a night in jail be saying 11 years is nothing, y'all mf's don't know nothing. It's painful to see how young guys romanticize crime. Pablo escobar said, i prefer to be in a grave in colombia than in a jail cell in the united states. But one sikiru that has never pulled a hiest in his life, that hides behind a keypad think he's fit to serve 11 years in jail, because what, he hides behind a soldier profile to scam an indivudual. Bro, you're the dumbest in the logbook of dumbest niggas. FYI, your favourite commited a federal crime, so he's gonna have a full jail time. Thing is, you're what you believe, if you believe fraud is the only means to have that life you envisage, every other thing will seem useless to you. But then again, they compare fraud to mark zuckerberg, dangote and e money bla bla bla. Lemme tell you something, mark and dangote provides real society value, but you my friend, you add no value to the society, you ain't solving any problem. If you're still dumb enough to quote me with nonsense sentence, i promise you, your old man is gon' feel what i'm gon' dish out to you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Bignuell(m): 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
planetx:
The Canadian guy was the real mastermind, reading silly comments about how the FBI will employ him lol. His ass is getting deported to Nigeria after serving at least 85% of his sentence.
One idiot for instagram said he'll be given a US passport after jail time. Hush is no damn hacker, man is a money mule

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Roboto11: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2022
sircatherine45:

Exchanging words with idiots who signed a life contract to poverty is not what I wished for, but if I insult your interests, I'll do it again. I fear no fools and laggers. I support Hush, and there's nothing dolts like you can do about that.

Rest in peace, motherfvcker!

Spits!

Shatap.

What contract with poverty.

Nothing Hush has enjoyed in this life that some of us haven't at client's expense.

Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by sircatherine45(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2022
Roboto11:

Shatap.

What contract with poverty.

Nothing Hush has enjoyed in this life that some of us haven't at client's expense.

Mumu.

Your father is a mumu. Your dead useless father.
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by RichAbujaGuy: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
money121:
So Gucci and all those exotic car company can't save him!!

Youth Need to Hustle with Caution

SAY NO TO FRAUD!!

lolz, I just learnt he had anoda moniker,

Notorious Nigerian influencer ‘Billionaire Gucci Master’ sentenced to 11 years in jail in the U.S. for fraud

BY ALICE HEARING

A Nigerian influencer who dubbed himself “Billionaire Gucci Master” has been jailed for over 11 years for his role in an international fraud syndicate in which he conspired to launder over $300 million.

https://fortune.com/2022/11/08/notorious-nigerian-influencer-billionaire-gucci-master-sentenced-11-years-jail-us-for-fraud/

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Just 11yrs
With good behaviour, he b out in less than 6 years
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Roboto11: 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
sircatherine45:

Your father is a mumu. Your dead useless father.

E pain am.

Poverty stricken slowpoke trying to tell the rest of his ramshackle gang that you can only win when you are THIEF in this life.

Barawo.

Motor kill your papa.
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by TheManPregnant: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
UrPapa:
try losing your freedom for a day and you understand how 5yrs is a lot of years in confinement
Plus the 5yrs is because he did a plea bargain
Probably dropping big names and stuff

Plrea bargain or not, in proportion to the crime and the affront on the sensibilities of well meaning people, the sentence is too small
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by AlphaTaikun: 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
chokekachy:
Nigerian Man Sentenced to Over 11 Years in Federal Prison for Conspiring to Launder Tens of Millions of Dollars from Online Scams

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/nigerian-man-sentenced-over-11-years-federal-prison-conspiring-launder-tens-millions

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7417879/us-court-sentence-hushpuppi-monday#118135449
It's finally official from the US Department of Justice Website... Abass [Hushpuppi] should use his time in Federal prison to REFLECT and come out a better person for the good of all. There are legit businesses that he and his cohorts could have done and not scamming folks and companies of their hard-earned money.
=> https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/nigerian-man-sentenced-over-11-years-federal-prison-conspiring-launder-tens-millions

The other foolish international online fraudster called Obinwanne Okeke [aka Invictus Obi] and his gang of about 70, was busted when the FBI was able to trace some of the things he posted here on Nairaland and nailed him in the U.S. He was sentenced in 2021 to 10 years on charges of computer and wire fraud.

US Department of Justice said in a statement
=> https://www.justice.gov/usao-edva/pr/nigerian-businessman-pleads-guilty-11-million-fraud-scheme

NIGERIANS REACT AS OBINWANNE ‘INVICTUS OBI’ OKEKE GETS 10-YEAR JAIL TERM FOR FRAUD
=> https://guardian.ng/life/nigerians-react-as-obinwanne-invictus-obi-okeke-gets-10-year-jail-term-for-fraud/

International Fraudster Obinwanne Okeke Sentenced to 10 Years In Jail Over $11m Fraud Scheme. February 17, 2021. Sahara Reporters, New York
=> https://saharareporters.com/2021/02/17/international-fraudster-obinwanne-okeke-sentenced-10-years-jail-over-11m-fraud-scheme

P.S. 1stGenAmerican, pull over... "What it do?!"

So, as an attorney, what's your final take on the sentencings here? You must be a bit sad that some youths wasted their potential talents on fraud... OR you have a blase attitude towards these criminals?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Ijb11: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2022
I thought it’s life

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by sircatherine45(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
Roboto11:

E pain am.

Poverty stricken slowpoke trying to tell the rest of his ramshackle gang that you can only win when you are THIEF in this life.

Barawo.

Motor kill your papa.

Na you e pain, no be me. Since you want to be unfortunate in life, I'll give it to you double.

Mugu!
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Roboto11: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2022
sircatherine45:

Na you e pain, no be me. Since you want to be unfortunate in life, I'll give it to you double.

Mugu!

Give it to me double how?

Am I the one running from the law?

Can you travel wherever you want, whenever you want?

Mumu x1000.

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by sircatherine45(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
Roboto11:

Give it to me double how?
Am I the one running from the law?
Can you travel wherever you want, whenever you want?
Mumu x1000.
e pain am. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Origbue!
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by meobizy(f): 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2022
That boy snitched. He should normally do eighteen to twenty years. I bet he read out the names of accomplices like end credits of a movie.

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Roboto11: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2022
sircatherine45:

e pain am. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Origbue!

Mr. It is evident you come from a poor home, full of failures with extremely low self- esteem.

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by meobizy(f): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
sukkot:
cheesy he will be out in 4. he already done 2. by 2026 he will be released. prison year is 6 months
Read my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid & Davido Spotted At D’banj’s Concert; Take Selfie / 9ice Disses Linda Ikeji In New Single “at The Moment” / Davido Performs In Mayotte At Sold Out Concert - Country He Never Heard Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.