Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams (37101 Views)

Bukunmi Oluwasina Weds Lover Of 11 Years (Photos, Video) / Isabella Idibia Taller Than Her Mother, Annie At 11 Years / Koffi Olomide Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Raping 15-year-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:12am On Nov 09, 2022
odinaccess:

You are wrong years is not month in the prison system ,11 years is 5years 6months approximately 6month because it's counted day Nd night

Wrong. Federal time does not count day and night, only state time. At the very least he will serve 9 years and a few months and that’s only if he’s very lucky.

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:14am On Nov 09, 2022
BigYash:
The guy no loose at all.. Upon all that money,just 4years.. He no fit poor again normally, I trust America to employ him later on.. That hush brain,no be normal human o. Na better tool him go be for fbi..

Even those business men and women when dey add excess money ontop wetin them dey sell,making life difficult for people,dey call hush scam on here grin Those collecting money to support evil politicians. Those collecting bribe in offices before doing the job they are paid to do by their employers. So called pastors ,scamming members with bible. Husbands and Wives cheating on their partners. Those involve in exam malpratices. All of una na d same.. Hypocrites una good morning!

America will never employ a convicted felon who was dumb enough to show off on Instagram without knowing the Feds were watching him. A security clearance is needed to work for the FBI and this guy, with his lack of education and criminal record, will never qualify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:19am On Nov 09, 2022
DimIsaac10:
He already spent two years in detention.
9 years divided by two equals 4.5

Its still a fair deal for him base on the atrocities committed. I was thinking of 60 years with hard labour.

Technically, sentence is fair in US kind of.

He’ll spend a minimum of 7 more years in prison. Federal prison sentences aren’t like state prison sentences.

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:28am On Nov 09, 2022
sukkot:
even at that it still works out the same. 11 years. he served 2. thats nine left. 80 percent federal time cuts that to 7 years left. ad him being the best prison toilet cleaner and model prisoner 2 years in a row means he would get the early release pardon of 2 years. and so what he would sere is 5 years. out in 2027.

Wrong calculation. 85% of his 11 year sentence minus time served is NOT 5 years. Then, he isn’t guaranteed release after serving 85% and because he doesn’t have the means to pay the huge amount of restitution, the odds of him being released after serving 85% are very slim. No money to pay restitution usually means serving the entire sentence and still owing restitution. Keep in mind that other countries are able to put a hold on him for crimes committed there once he is up for release. The time he is serving is only for the crimes against US companies/citizens. UAE can ask the US to hold him for crimes committed there also. He committed passport fraud in the Carribean and May very well have to answer for that also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by DimIsaac10(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

He’ll spend a minimum of 7 more years in prison. Federal prison sentences aren’t like state prison sentences.

Oh. Eeyah. Thank you.

Seven more years is still a fair deal for him jawe. I was eyeing like 60 years for him so as to checkmate other Yahoo Yahoo personnel.
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by BigYash: 10:04am On Nov 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

America will never employ a convicted felon who was dumb enough to show off on Instagram without knowing the Feds were watching him. A security clearance is needed to work for the FBI and this guy, with his lack of education and criminal record, will never qualify.
And you think they won't train him ? America is not Nigeria brah
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by AlphaTaikun: 10:16am On Nov 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Nice question, friend. I despise this type of criminal more than just about every other. A thief is the lowest of the low and a bread seller is due more respect. Federal prison will not be a cakewalk for him, especially since most of the people he knows are in Nigeria. Who is going to visit him and put money on his books? No one. I don’t think Hushpuppi had as much potential as Obi however he could’ve lived a good life as a hard worker.

Invictus Obi had more potential because he was bright but chose to use his brains to be a thief. Wasted potential.

I see that some believe he’ll still have money when he is released but forensic accounting says otherwise. The amount of restitution ordered will have him living as a pauper for the rest of his days.
Nicely put. wink When it comes to criminal infractions, I can see you take no prisoners... absolutely none. Lol.

I agree with you that "Hush" could have made it in life as a "hard worker." Information is key. Some folks who pay attention to details have gone on to make legit millions from aquaculture, waste metal recycling, offering coaching classes for students, and seminars, etc. Just generally looking for problems to solve and monetize!

The Obi guy too lived a life of deception because he was one of the "Forbes Africa" under-30 rated guys, but he was into fraud from 2015-2019, when he got that under-30 rating. People got angry (after his arrest), that he lived a fake life, while giving motivational talks to people online and offline.
Some of us (including me) were NOT fooled by Obinwanne and Ramon Abass' sudden display of
lots of money at such young ages without known pedigrees. These boys were just busy trippin' before they got busted by the FBI.

Heck, we've even had fake "lawyers" and "attorneys" in the U.S., and in other jurisdictions who practiced for some years, before these men and women got
busted.
Due diligence is a top priority in life.

Enjoy your day. Ciao!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Classickj(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
E get some sensible fraudsters wey e go be, once them don make one big cash out like sey $1million, dem go dump the fraud game asap, come back to naija, go invest in legit businesses, dey live low key millionaire lifestyle, start better life. But most of these guys no dey get sense....
80% of them don't know the meaning of investment... All they do is drink and smoke loud, SK, weed, Canadian loud and so on...
Always getting high all the time
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2022
BigYash:
And you think they won't train him ? America is not Nigeria brah

I know it’s not Nigeria, I’m American. He won’t be trained or even considered for employment. The government sees no value in him, he’s just a dumb criminal who will never qualify for a job or security clearance.
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Haymus007(m): 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2022
[quote author=1stGenAmerican post=118248549]

I know it’s not Nigeria, I’m American. He won’t be trained or even considered for employment.
Wow, are you really american?? shocked
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Emoc: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I know it’s not Nigeria, I’m American. He won’t be trained or even considered for employment. The government sees no value in him, he’s just a dumb criminal who will never qualify for a job or security clearance.

How hath the mighty fallen...
SCAMerica keeps unravelling

Ignorant peeps dey japa go SCAMerica, while SCAMericans dey japa go mexico shocked

Citizens are fleeing, meanwhile immigrants keep posing with teslas they don't own. Repo loading cheesy

Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by Emdebby2: 11:56am On Nov 10, 2022
So after 11 years he will come out to continue..
Re: Hushpuppi Sentenced To 11 Years In US Federal Prison For Online Scams by WoroSeeWoro(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2022
sukkot:
federal prison in america is the best. its where people who do financial crimes are. its full of rich old white men

wow i never knew

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals / 'The Only Exercise I Do Is Sex' - Don Jazzy (Video) / St.Janet Caught Her Husband Sleeping With Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.