Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? (1154 Views)

Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Ternistacle(m): 5:50am On Nov 09, 2022
Is Christianity a man-made religion?

Christianity is a man-made religion. This is because all religion on earth is man-made.

There is no method or criteria to use in order to demonstrate the truth of any given religion (i.e., there theology). The reason is because the religions or theologies of earth are designed to be both unfalsifiable and unverifiable.

This is the reason for why there are so many conflicting religions or theologies in the world and why there are many branches within each religion. Religion is about faith and rationalization.

That is, first you accept the religion or the theology as true and after you attempt to find reasons to justify the truth of your religion or theology.

For example, Judaism and Christianity are inconsistent (e.g., God is one in person and in being vs. God is more than one in person but one in being). That is, if Judaism is true, Christianity is false but if Christianity is true, Judaism is false.

For example, Christianity and Christianity are inconsistent (e.g., Unitarian Christianity vs. Trinitarian Christianity). That is, if (U) Christianity is true, (T) Christianity is false but if (T) Christianity is true, (U) Christianity is false.

For example, Christianity and Islam are inconsistent (e.g., Jesus died for the sins of other vs. Jesus did not die for the sins of others). That is, if Christianity is true, Islam is false but if Islam is true, Christianity is false.

Religion is a tribal project and thus a man-made invention.

For example, the historical Jesus of Nazareth was a Jewish man who believed himself to be the messiah of the Jews (a person who was going to free Israel from the yoke of Rome). However, he failed to free Israel from the yoke of Rome and he was executed by Rome via crucifixion in order to make an example out of him.

This Jewish man was later made into a divine being. That is, a virgin born divine being. That is, a virgin born, dying and rising diving being. That is, a virgin born, dying and rising, sacrificial divine being. This single Jewish man become the second person of the God of the Jews that he worshiped prior to his death. (And so froth).

Studying the history of religion and of Christianity can help you understand why Christianity is in fact a man-made religion like any other religion on earth.

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.” Desmond Tutu

5 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23am On Nov 09, 2022
It is very annoying when stupid people speak and they think they have spoken intelligently.

Ternistacle:
Is Christianity a man-made religion?...

Even in the cars and phones and laptops man made there are so many conflicts and theories.

In the family and the society as even proven by the election coming up, there is confilct.

Even in choosing school, work, wife, good and bad, there is conflict and many theories.

And who does not know this?

Coupled with your not understanding how Christianity operates. It is better you had not spoken than to disclose stupidity.
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:33am On Nov 09, 2022
Ternistacle:

Christianity is a man-made religion. This is because all religion on earth is man-made.

There is no method or criteria to use in order to demonstrate the truth of any given religion (i.e., there theology). The reason is because the religions or theologies of earth are designed to be both unfalsifiable and unverifiable.

This is the reason for why there are so many conflicting religions or theologies in the world and why there are many branches within each religion. Religion is about faith and rationalization.

That is, first you accept the religion or the theology as true and after you attempt to find reasons to justify the truth of your religion or theology.

For example, Judaism and Christianity are inconsistent (e.g., God is one in person and in being vs. God is more than one in person but one in being). That is, if Judaism is true, Christianity is false but if Christianity is true, Judaism is false.

For example, Christianity and Christianity are inconsistent (e.g., Unitarian Christianity vs. Trinitarian Christianity). That is, if (U) Christianity is true, (T) Christianity is false but if (T) Christianity is true, (U) Christianity is false.

For example, Christianity and Islam are inconsistent (e.g., Jesus died for the sins of other vs. Jesus did not die for the sins of others). That is, if Christianity is true, Islam is false but if Islam is true, Christianity is false.

For example, the historical Jesus of Nazareth was a Jewish man who believed himself to be the messiah of the Jews (a person who was going to free Israel from the yoke of Rome). However, he failed to free Israel from the yoke of Rome and he was executed by Rome via crucifixion in order to make an example out of him.

This Jewish man was later made into a divine being. That is, a virgin born divine being. That is, a virgin born, dying and rising diving being. That is, a virgin born, dying and rising, sacrificial divine being. This single Jewish man become the second person of the God of the Jews that he worshiped prior to his death. (And so froth).

Studying the history of religion and of Christianity can help you understand why Christianity is in fact a man-made religion like any other religion on earth.

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.” Desmond Tutu

Desmond Tutu and those that brought the Bible back then AREN'T CHRISTIANS! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Righthussle: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2022
Ternistacle:

Religion is one hundred percent man made, it was made specifically to control the minds of the poor in the society and to give them fake hope.

3 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:49am On Nov 09, 2022
Righthussle:

Religion is one hundred percent man made, it was made specifically to control the minds of the poor in the society and to give them fake hope.

Religion is not man made. It is Power!

And men were given power to do good (or evil).

So blame men who have wrongfully used their power.
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 10:29am On Nov 09, 2022
Christianity loves to point at Deuteronomy 18:18 and claim Jesus.Ok let’s take look….
I will raise up a Prophet for them from among their own people, like yourself Deut. 18:18…
MEANING A HUMAN LIKE OURSELVES!!
but the human is special ! The remainder of the verse tells you why! and I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.
SO GOD IS ALWAYS IN CHARGE AND IS NOT THE MESSIAH … God is the creator of all and in control.
HE COMMANDS THE MESSIAH ….
Also remember the Torah was given to a certain people and god said he will raise him within that circle….

HE WILL COME
HE WILL NOT ESTABLISH A NEW RELIGION!
I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.
HE WILL SPEAK ON BEHALF OF GOD!

Why? BECAUSE GOD CAN NOT COME DOWN TO EARTH … HIS VOICE ALONE CAN KILL…
Just ask Deuteronomy 4 !!!
Just ask Moses who was asked to take over because the Jews couldn’t even handle god talking !!!

It’s very easy to cherry pick verses but it’s wiser to actually read the verse

Christianity and Catholics IS NOT WHAT MESSIAH COMES TO DO!
those are made up religions based on blood shed and force….
Remember the Torah of Moses My servant
Malachi 3:22
MESSIAH ONLY SPEAKS TORAH OF MOSES HIS SERVANT!

To say thanks to Jesus we are numerous in size so we must be right
IS ACTUALLY THE OPPOSITE

PROPHETS FOLLOWED MOSES!

ELIJAH IS ONE!!!!
MALACHI IS ANOTHER!!!
THEY NEVER CREATED SOMETHING NEW IN ORDER TO RESTORE SOMETHING OLD!!!

Moses received the Torah at Sinai and handed it onto Joshua, Joshua to the elders, and the elders to the Prophets, and the Prophets to the Men of the Great Assembly.

The church on the other hand burnt gods house
Burnt gods books
Placed idols there
Created a new religion
With a man god
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT…

3 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2022
There is nothing divine about Christianity,

It was voted on by simple men with little or no knowledge of anything..

2 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2022
sonmvayina:
There is nothing divine about Judaism,

It was voted on by simple men with little or no knowledge of anything..
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
sonmvayina:

Moses received the Torah at Sinai and handed it onto Joshua, Joshua to the elders, and the elders to the Prophets, and the Prophets to the Men of the Great Assembly.

The elders, the prophets, the men of the great assembly (no women? grin). They sound like one of those ecumenical councils the Christians hold where men assemble in great halls to decide the “word of god”.

Before we get to the assembly and assume Moses was a real person, who did Moses receive the Torah from?

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by MrBroke(m): 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
FACT : Anything that was before man is God Made stuff
Anything that existed after man is definitely man made.

All religions are man made. But the truth is bitter and people find it difficult to unlearn what they have been told to believe.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Michael547(m): 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ternistacle:

I found it interesting Reading through your write up. You made a solid point about the contradictions in different religions. But do you believe that there could be a true religion amongst all? I would like us to have that conversation over WhatsApp. Here is my number 08167469103

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Michael547(m): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2022
MrBroke:
FACT : Anything that was before man is God Made stuff
Anything that existed after man is definitely man made.

All religions are man made. But the truth is bitter and people find it difficult to unlearn what they have been told to believe.
From your comment, it shows that you believe in a creator......Dont you think that a God that has created us can also help us to know him? Dont you also think that the natural human desire to worship was made by him? Granted, many religions who claim to worship God do not portray him as a loving person by what they teach or practice. There is one religion today that is different.....contact me on WhatsApp let's discuss 08167469103.
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Michael547(m): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
sonmvayina:
Christianity loves to point at Deuteronomy 18:18 and claim Jesus.Ok let’s take look….
I will raise up a Prophet for them from among their own people, like yourself Deut. 18:18…
MEANING A HUMAN LIKE OURSELVES!!
but the human is special ! The remainder of the verse tells you why! and I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.
SO GOD IS ALWAYS IN CHARGE AND IS NOT THE MESSIAH … God is the creator of all and in control.
HE COMMANDS THE MESSIAH ….
Also remember the Torah was given to a certain people and god said he will raise him within that circle….

HE WILL COME
HE WILL NOT ESTABLISH A NEW RELIGION!
I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.
HE WILL SPEAK ON BEHALF OF GOD!

Why? BECAUSE GOD CAN NOT COME DOWN TO EARTH … HIS VOICE ALONE CAN KILL…
Just ask Deuteronomy 4 !!!
Just ask Moses who was asked to take over because the Jews couldn’t even handle god talking !!!

It’s very easy to cherry pick verses but it’s wiser to actually read the verse

Christianity and Catholics IS NOT WHAT MESSIAH COMES TO DO!
those are made up religions based on blood shed and force….
Remember the Torah of Moses My servant
Malachi 3:22
MESSIAH ONLY SPEAKS TORAH OF MOSES HIS SERVANT!

To say thanks to Jesus we are numerous in size so we must be right
IS ACTUALLY THE OPPOSITE

PROPHETS FOLLOWED MOSES!

ELIJAH IS ONE!!!!
MALACHI IS ANOTHER!!!
THEY NEVER CREATED SOMETHING NEW IN ORDER TO RESTORE SOMETHING OLD!!!

The church on the other hand burnt gods house
Burnt gods books
Placed idols there
Created a new religion
With a man god
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT…
You made some nice points.....the Hebrew scriptures contained prophecies about the coming messiah. Who do you think fitted the descriptions of that coming messiah?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2022
Michael547:

You made some nice points.....the Hebrew scriptures contained prophecies about the coming messiah. Who do you think fitted the descriptions of that coming messiah?

For one he is going to be a human being from the root of Jesse through David and Solomon.

He will bring peace ....and there will not be any oppression anywhere in the world.

There will be end to wars. ...

The man who is able to do this at first try is the Messiah..

So for now, the Jews are still waiting..

I personally ,am waiting to live in a peaceful world with no oppression.

The Jewish Messiah has NOT come..

2 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The elders, the prophets, the men of the great assembly (no women? grin). They sound like one of those ecumenical councils the Christians hold where men assemble in great halls to decide the “word of god”.

Before we get to the assembly and assume Moses was a real person, who did Moses receive the Torah from?

Lol..you might want to ask the Jews..

From God obviously..

Who else would have given it?

2 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Michael547(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
sonmvayina:

For one he is going to be a human being from the root of Jesse through David and Solomon.

He will bring peace ....and there will not be any oppression anywhere in the world.

There will be end to wars. ...

The man who is able to do this at first try is the Messiah..

So for now, the Jews are still waiting..

I personally ,am waiting to live in a peaceful world with no oppression.

The Jewish Messiah has NOT come..
Hmmm....you really tried in giving out some details of what the messiah would accomplish. And you are very correct. The Hebrew scriptures gave other details about the characteristics of the messiah. And these details were fulfilled in the man called Jesus. I would love to show you those prophecies from the scriptures and how Jesus would fulfill those prophecies that you also mentioned. My WhatsApp number is 08167469103. Let's discuss.
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol..you might want to ask the Jews..

From God obviously..

Who else would have given it?

Why should I ask “the Jews” when you’re the one making the claims here?

Somebody called God gave the Torah to Moses, you claim.
Did this God author the Torah? How did Moses receive it?

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by MrBroke(m): 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Michael547:

From your comment, it shows that you believe in a creator......Dont you think that a God that has created us can also help us to know him? Dont you also think that the natural human desire to worship was made by him? Granted, many religions who claim to worship God do not portray him as a loving person by what they teach or practice. There is one religion today that is different.....contact me on WhatsApp let's discuss 08167469103.

I don't believe in your God or define God the way you do like in a religious way

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Michael547(m): 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2022
MrBroke:

I don't believe in your God or define God the way you do like in a religious way
Ok.....do you Believe in any God at all?
If yes, which one?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ternistacle:

What a wisdom!

Meaning:
We are all just random chemistry of meaningless existence: star dust or at best we live in matrix .

Bravo!!

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2022
Righthussle:

It would be nice if everyone become HOPELESS and living just like animals. Eat, Grow, Reproduce and Die! What a beautiful life with no consequence of conscience!
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by MrBroke(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2022
Michael547:

Ok.....do you Believe in any God at all?
If yes, which one?

I don't believe in any God, I see God as everything happening around and what is going to happen next. You can't understand me

2 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Ternistacle(m): 12:19am On Nov 10, 2022
Michael547:

I found it interesting Reading through your write up. You made a solid point about the contradictions in different religions. But do you believe that there could be a true religion amongst all? I would like us to have that conversation over WhatsApp. Here is my number 08167469103
OK... Here's my number 08082657500
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Ternistacle(m): 12:22am On Nov 10, 2022
Righthussle:

Religion is a weapon used by Christians in a form of crusade back in the 13th century

3 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 3:23am On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

It would be nice if everyone become HOPELESS and living just like animals. Eat, Grow, Reproduce and Die! What a beautiful life with no consequence of conscience!

Lmao. I could have sworn you are talking about religion infested Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 6:44am On Nov 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Lmao. I could have sworn you are talking about religion infested Nigeria!!
I didn't know it could get so personally to you!
LOL!
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 9:29am On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

I didn't know it could get so personally to you!
LOL!

Personal? No. Just saying what you wrote describes religion infested Nigeria. Look around you and read your post again.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Personal? No. Just saying what you wrote describes religion infested Nigeria. Look around you and read your post again.
Did I mention any religion to you!?

Read your post again

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

Did I mention any religion to you!?

Read your post again

Your response was to the post below, implying that those without religion are “hopeless”. Given the situation in Nigeria with mindless procreation, poverty, and overt religiosity ,it seems the HOPEFUL live “just like animals.”
All religions are 100 percent man-made including everything the gods have ever said. Yours included. Regardless if one is religious or irreligious, you’re right that we will all eat, grow, reproduce if you want, and die because that is the way reality is. Then some people come along and start capping about “eternal life” to give “fake hope” to the poor, miserable, and gullible just like Righthussle said.

Righthussle:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

What is consequence of conscience?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
Fake hope!?
That means I am Correct ! It seems you prefer that everyone be HOPELESS

KnownUnknown:

Your response was to the post below, implying that those without religion are “hopeless”. Given the situation in Nigeria with mindless procreation, poverty, and overt religiosity ,it seems the HOPEFUL live “just like animals.”
All religions are 100 percent man-made including everything the gods have ever said. Yours included. Regardless if one is religious or irreligious, you’re right that we will all eat, grow, reproduce if you want, and die because that is the way reality is. Then some people come along and start capping about “eternal life” to give “fake hope” to the poor, miserable, and gullible just like Righthussle said.

It's your OPINION without any backup proof and you are entitled to think out of the box. It's a free world!

Nigeria is backward technologically because
1. We are short-sighted, divided and resource blessed. We are not a nation. South-Korea, Malaysia, Iran are examples of exceptions to this.
2. We despise innovation and prefer flamboyancy as a lifestyle. India and Pakistan are examples of exceptions to this
3. Our climate is too conducive for survival: Necessity is the mother of invention! How many developed country exist in the whole world outside the temperate regions of the world?

Did I say those without religion are hopeless? I am not sure you heard me say anything about religion: did you?

Do you have hope beyond your present existence?
Do you think you are more than mere chemical reactions of atoms and molecules who "somehow" developed a DNA?
Do you think there is any purpose to life other than to be born, eat, grow and reproduce?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What is consequence of conscience?
The answer is knowing two things:
1. Your conscience is the "software sentinel" that warns you when you are about to do wrong.

2. Why does your conscience warn you?

The consequence is embedded in the knowledge and acceptance of the purpose of your conscience!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Totally Overrule The Universe Coming From Nothing. It's Possible / Corny Church Names In Nigeria / Ramadan Not Just A Food Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.