Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? (1151 Views)

Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

The answer is knowing two things:
1. Your conscience is the "software sentinel" that warns you when you are about to do wrong.

2. Why does your conscience warn you?

Conscience is an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior. And it is based on the morals and ethics that one accepts. Your conscience can only determine the wrongness of an action if you already believe that it is wrong. So your conscience doesn’t warn you but just reinforces what you already believe about rightness or wrongness.

TenQ:

The consequence is embedded in the knowledge and acceptance of the purpose of your conscience!

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:
Fake hope!?

Do you have hope beyond your present existence?
Do you think you are more than mere chemical reactions of atoms and molecules who "somehow" developed a DNA?
Do you think there is any purpose to life other than to be born, eat, grow and reproduce?

What does hope beyond present existence mean?

I am human made up of atoms, molecules, dna, cells, etc. I’m one of the myriad temporary arrangements of matter in what we call the universe.

Purpose of life is determined by the intellectual capacity of each person and necessarily constrained by society. (unless you leave society and go live in the wild). Other than that, life is another temporary arrangement of matter.

You could even view life as a stage in the decay of a planet. grin like how food turns bad and life starts to grow on it.

The purpose of life is not to be born, eat, grow and reproduce. Those are just characteristics of life.

Regardless, the “purpose of life” is whatever you want it to be. No one can say it’s wrong or right because who is to judge? But there is no apparent purpose that is incontrovertible and observation can lead to the view that life has no purpose.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What does hope beyond present existence mean?

I am human made up of atoms, molecules, dna, cells, etc. I’m one of the myriad temporary arrangements of matter in what we call the universe.

Purpose of life is determined by the intellectual capacity of each person and necessarily constrained by society. (unless you leave society and go live in the wild). Other than that, life is another temporary arrangement of matter.

You could even view life as a stage in the decay of a planet. grin like how food turns bad and life starts to grow on it.

The purpose of life is not to be born, eat, grow and reproduce. Those are just characteristics of life.

Regardless, the “purpose of life” is whatever you want it to be. No one can say it’s wrong or right because who is to judge? But there is no apparent purpose that is incontrovertible and observation can lead to the view that life has no purpose.

Is it possible that an engine or a computer determine what its purpose of existence is?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Conscience is an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior. And it is based on the morals and ethics that one accepts. Your conscience can only determine the wrongness of an action if you already believe that it is wrong. So your conscience doesn’t warn you but just reinforces what you already believe about rightness or wrongness.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Have your conscience EVER told you something was wrong even when NO ONE had ever told you such activity wasn't okay?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol..you might want to ask the Jews..

From God obviously..

Who else would have given it?

KnownUnknown:

Why should I ask “the Jews” when you’re the one making the claims here?

Somebody called God gave the Torah to Moses, you claim.
Did this God author the Torah? How did Moses receive it?

Sonmvayina don enter one chance! cheesy
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

Is it possible that an engine or a computer determine what its purpose of existence is?

I’m sorry but that’s a nonsensical question.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

Have your conscience EVER told you something was wrong even when NO ONE had ever told you such activity wasn't okay?

My conscience doesn’t tell me anything but I do have feelings about wrongness or action based on my values, morals, and ethics, which place human welfare as the highest ideal.

2 Likes

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

My conscience doesn’t tell me anything but I do have feelings about wrongness or action based on my values, morals, and ethics, which place human welfare as the highest ideal.
You are unique then. As a child, even when I didn't know the meaning of stealing, I subconsciously knew that taking powdered milk from the cabinet was wrong. I also remember that while I was about 6 year old, we had a housegirl that was trying to molest me while my parents were not home. I instinctively knew what she was doing was doing was wrong (I was a teenager before truely comprehending what she was contemplating doing).

Your conscience is like animal instinct specifically tuned to guiding you to doing right!

If there was no law against murder and theft, would these two activities be RIGHT?

Are you saying you have NEVER instinctively knew that an action was RIGHT or WRONG?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TenQ: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I’m sorry but that’s a nonsensical question.
Is it possible?

Think out of the box!
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Sonmvayina don enter one chance! cheesy

Hardly..

All I have set out to prove is that Christianity is not derived from Judaism.

And I am not a Judaist ....

I just do comparative analysis
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

Hardly..

I hope he's not part of those without their senses sha? Because the last time everyone that disagree with you are not with their thinking caps.
Why not convince him about your TORAH? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

Is it possible?

Think out of the box!

Is it possible for a box to determine its purpose?
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2022
TenQ:

You are unique then. As a child, even when I didn't know the meaning of stealing, I subconsciously knew that taking powdered milk from the cabinet was wrong. I also remember that while I was about 6 year old, we had a housegirl that was trying to molest me while my parents were not home. I instinctively knew what she was doing was doing was wrong (I was a teenager before truely comprehending what she was contemplating doing).

You are conflating terms and just muddying the waters now. Nevertheless, when you thought taking the powered milk was wrong, it is because you were old enough to recognize other people’s property. The molesting maid was making you feel uncomfortable because of the unwanted physical touches. Neither had to do with subconscious or instinct.
I’m the case of the molestation, you had reached an age with well developed ideas of right and wrong with you were a teenager to finally have an opinion on what she did.

TenQ:

Your conscience is like animal instinct specifically tuned to guiding you to doing right!

Instinct is independent of thought while conciseness is dependent on though so they are not the same.

TenQ:

If there was no law against murder and theft, would these two activities be RIGHT?

One life form terminating the life of another or taking what the other regards as its property is one of the things that occur in nature. They are neither right nor wrong.
In human societies, such activity have been termed murder and theft, and are deemed as wrong.
I also consider them wrong because they are antithesis of human welfare.

TenQ:

Are you saying you have NEVER instinctively knew that an action was RIGHT or WRONG?

Right or wrong does not have anything to do with instinct.
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

Hardly..

Even though the whole thing is based on Judaism.

sonmvayina:

But the “comparative analysis” is limited to defending Judaism.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Even though the whole thing is based on Judaism.

But the “comparative analysis” is limited to defending Judaism.
Not defending...appreciation..
And showing the absurdities in Christianity..
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 9:35am On Nov 11, 2022
sonmvayina:

Not defending...appreciation..
And showing the absurdities in Christianity..

Appreciation? No!!!
More like subservient, slavish, and obsequious. That’s why you don’t see the absurdities in Judaism.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Appreciation? No!!!
More like subservient, slavish, and obsequious. That’s why you don’t see the absurdities in Judaism.

I don't see any, because I understand it..

Unlike you that can't understand.

You keep looking at my fingers when am pointing to(@) the moon...
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2022
sonmvayina:

I don't see any, because I understand it..

Unlike you that can't understand.

You keep looking at my fingers when am pointing to(@) the moon...

First of all, that looking at the “finger while pointing to the moon” adage is nonsense. You point at the moon and say it was your imaginary friend that created it. Hiding behind a stupid saying doesn’t negate the silliness of your claim.

You don’t see any absurdities because you are subservient, slavish, and obsequious towards Jews. You understand it just like the Christian understands his and I understand that it’s all nonsense.

Just carry on with your Jew worship and try not deny your subservience when called out on it, just say “I understand it”. And try not to claim that Odinani is the same as Judaism because It’s embarrassingly obvious that a Jew won’t equate his religion to your culture. So keep being one of the groveling Goyim, the religious Jews probably enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by TheDictatorNd: 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2022
If christianity is of God why do they have different doctrines and believes

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by sonmvayina(m): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
TheDictatorNd:

It was created by the father of confusion..

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by gentlegenius(m): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2022
Michael547:

I found it interesting Reading through your write up. You made a solid point about the contradictions in different religions. But do you believe that there could be a true religion amongst all? I would like us to have that conversation over WhatsApp. Here is my number 08167469103
Yes of course...
There is a TRUE RELIGION recognised by GOD, but it is not found among the over 250 religions or religious groups on earth. Christianity and every other assemblies we call 'religion' on earth are FALSE, ADULTRATED and MAN-MADE.
TRUE and GENUINE RELIGION recognized by God, is not a place we go to, or a group we belong... It is a LIFESTYLE we should adopt.
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (James 1:27).
Summary:
True Religion is simply a lifestyle of KINDNESS and HOLINESS. Anything outside this, is False Religion, unaccepted by GOD.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Michael547(m): 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2022
TheDictatorNd:
You asked a very nice question. I can help you with an answer. Here is my WhatsApp number 08167469103.
Re: Is Christianity Man-made Religion?? by Michael547(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2022
MrBroke:

I don't believe in any God, I see God as everything happening around and what is going to happen next. You can't understand me
Ok.....what is your basis for believing that everything happening is God in itself since you don't believe in any God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev. King Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Some Of The Misinterpretation Of The Bible! / What Jet Would Jesus Fly In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.