Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. (19633 Views)

Anambra Youngest Female Cow Dealer Graduates At 24 / Medicine And Surgery At 24 / Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Kingozymandias(m): 11:36am On Nov 10, 2022
Because you are very stupid
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Truthshotcrazy: 11:38am On Nov 10, 2022
Stawner16:
Life is a journey, not a race. You see how cars, buses, bikes and pedestrians use the same road but end up in different destinations? Well that's life. Also I've gotta question your motivation and seriousness to get educated coz getting admission into uni at 24 is no biggie. Who cares if your classmates are older or younger than you are? Fix your mindset. All the best
Said my mind already grin Good advice. Op take note!

1 Like

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by ifihearam: 11:41am On Nov 10, 2022
@op

Maturity is the state of the mind.
Talk less and listen more...everyone sees a quiet person as mature.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Raychee(f): 11:41am On Nov 10, 2022
I had 30-32year old coursemates that graduated at the same time. Which means they started even later than you will be. And nobody mocked or made fun of them. 24 is no where near too old. No age is too old. Just mingle with people your age and older and you would most likely change.

1 Like

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by akandepaul(m): 11:45am On Nov 10, 2022
Stop masturbation

4 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Truthshotcrazy: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:
I don't know whether it's due to the fact I'm an introvert or maybe because I have lost connection with most of my secondary school friends.. to me I feel I'm just normal but people always tell me I don't act mature.. something happened today where I work,I have a colleague who is 17 years old, he somehow has a huge stature you will think he is around 22, somehow I became friend with this guy, not until today we had a discussion that made him ask for my age,I said 24 he was surprised and said wow. I said do I really look that young, he says not really "but the way I behave".

He pain me, but I just comot eye.

I also noticed I crush on secondary school girls sometimes,I will feel as if we are age mates, I even feel as if I'm age mates with the lil boys still in ss3 at time.
And I believe this is due to the fact I couldn't secure admission since I finished secondary school in 2016,I just got admission this year but I've lost interest already cuz most of my mates are done with school. And I still thought to myself today that if I go to school now,I will start mingling with underage and my mind will be growing at the same pace with them.

I'm not happy at all.

I need your advice please.

pardon my grammatical errors.
Tryna be serious with your 100level admission at 24. In four or six years time; depending on course of study, you’d be a proud graduate.
Courses like Nursing rocks, in three years time, you’d be a graduate already.
Life is not race competition.DO YOU!!!
At 24, some of ya mates are graduates already done serving; At 24, some of ya mates are in the grave.
DO YOU
I know one of my secondary school teachers who went back to school to study law undergraduate in his late thirties ; while still retaining his teaching job at my secondary school. Check out Kanayo O Kanayo he recently completed a Law degree as an old man in his late Fifties. Check out Davido’s uncle Senator Adeleke recently completed a bachelors degree as an old man.

2 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by SeriouslySense(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2022
Also listen to Wise people, my favorite is shown

As mentioned by previous commenters, reading books is very good for your mind.

3 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by RZArecta(m): 11:51am On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:
I don't know whether it's due to the fact I'm an introvert or maybe because I have lost connection with most of my secondary school friends.. to me I feel I'm just normal but people always tell me I don't act mature.. something happened today where I work,I have a colleague who is 17 years old, he somehow has a huge stature you will think he is around 22, somehow I became friend with this guy, not until today we had a discussion that made him ask for my age,I said 24 he was surprised and said wow. I said do I really look that young, he says not really "but the way I behave".

I also noticed I crush on secondary school girls sometimes,I will feel as if we are age mates, I even feel as if I'm age mates with the lil boys still in ss3 at time.
And I believe this is due to the fact I couldn't secure admission since I finished secondary school in 2016,I just got admission this year but I've lost interest already cuz most of my mates are done with school. And I still thought to myself today that if I go to school now,I will start mingling with underage and my mind will be growing at the same pace with them.

I'm not happy at all.

you will meet people younger than you in the University, you'll also meet many people way older than you. Make sure you seize this opportunity now that you're still young.

You have identified your problem which is 50% of the solution. Second is the actual solution. How will a matured man do things ? where do matured guys hang out? How do they dress ? Etc these questions came into our consciousness at one point or the other while growing up though for some of us, it came earlier but you still have lots of time. Start with cutting out the excess play with children ie those secondary school boys and girls you like hanging out with, stop dressing like them also and try getting laid regularly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by qtguru(m): 11:52am On Nov 10, 2022
I felt the same way, till I started reading and handling responsibilities.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Brownshoe: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2022
You are a good boy na, na you they mind.

2 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by SeriouslySense(m): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2022
qtguru:
I felt the same way, till I started reading and handling responsibilities.
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by emerged01(m): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2022
Bankowner:
You should be eating a lot of dark chocolate, it helps brain functioning.

Thank me later.
Na true but you forgot to tell him to also buy Jedi jedi herbs too.

2 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Geovanni412(m): 11:58am On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:

I'm not happy at all.

Change your friends and go ghost mode. You are the product of the five people you talk to the most. It is a good thing that you know you have a problem. Start challenging everything you think about. You have the internet , use it . The time you use to do facebook, use it and watch youtube videos. Follow David Goggins, Andrew Tate, Iman Gandzhi. Change the music you listen to and the movies you watch. See this movies list : https://www.artofmanliness.com/living/entertainment/100-must-see-movies/. Go and watch the movie, fight club to the end - it will change you, trust me. Here is a short clip from the movie on the way to think about life :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdwyAcJ8j2U
Your problem of mingling with underage is not really a problem. Younger people have more ideas about certain things than older people. A guy of 17 years might know about monetising twitch streaming. Your real problem is lack of money and no clear pathway on how to get the money. If you finish school, how do you think you will make money with unemployment rampant all over the country? If you can lock in on how to make money and be in great physical shape and focus on that till you have a cogent plan to work with, all this your issues will disappear. Being in great physical shape boosts your ability to think as well - https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/exercise-can-boost-your-memory-and-thinking-skills#:~:text=Exercise%20can%20also%20boost%20memory,or%20contribute%20to%20cognitive%20impairment.. Go to the gym or pick up bodyweight training at home,. You can start with the program convict conditioning - it is a pdf , you can get for free from libgen.is.
If you cannot learn to be happy alone, you will never be happy.

5 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Sleyanya1(m): 11:58am On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:

And I believe this is due to the fact I couldn't secure admission since I finished secondary school in 2016,I just got admission this year... And I still thought to myself today that if I go to school now,I will start mingling with underage and my mind will be growing at the same pace with them.

I'm not happy at all.

Here's my candid advice:

Firstly, Thank God you still have a sound mind which has eventually led to an admission after all these years.

Fun Fact: In your class at age 24, you'd find out you're neither the youngest nor oldest.

Finally, you're the pilot of your life so anything you don't like, you already have the ability to change It. Read more quality books that interests you, build friendship by value (not age) and Enjoy your life.

4 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by BennyDGreat: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2022
akandepaul:
Stop masturbation

How do you know he masturbates?
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Christiansimon: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
Op you Are There Looking At Your Age. I Don't Even Think U Look At Your Age U look At What People Say About U.which Will Really Hurt U Badly

1 Like

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Lucrativress(f): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:

I'm not happy at all.

It's 4 years man
4 years you spend in the University
And when you come out you continue with your life, if you had gained admission since 2016, 2 years ago you'd have continued with your life just as you are now.
Stop seeing the School as an excuse and start working on yourself.

I get you could feel inferior but start wearing your age as a cloak, summon a bit of pride so no matter the indulgence you have with younger one's, there's still a good amount of respect.
I can be a 30 year old illiterate with a small figure and still demand respect without voicing it.

It's the way you carry yourself
Pick your word's, avoid trading too much words with younger ones that can stop respecting you.

You can still be playful a lot but still have limits.

Power guy, power up your mind.
Then start making friends with elderly people too
Go for elderly men in their 40's, 50's

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by edunaragold(f): 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:

I'm not happy at all.

no reason am bro, na stage by stage diff people dey take time grow, even me here sometime I feel like that but last last I done grow and am growing day by day and learning, so don't worry you are still growing, it's normal, that's your own hereditary or mutations. Get uses to it and stop worries

1 Like

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Coolguy34(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
Try Part-time studies there you will see your mates and those older than you are.

I do data entry-related jobs..
Jobs like online database entry
Pdf to excel
Pdf to Google docs.
Typing
Internet research etc

Kindly check my signature for my contact..

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Bfly: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
Tertiary and personal education is regardless of age.

Just be aware of your environment and make life for yourself regardless of whom you talk with, It is what you talk about.
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by imagrg(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
You actually sound like a teenager.
Who said you are too old to be in the university at 24?
Please eat a lot of beans to bring your brain to factory reset. grin
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by melodyogonna(m): 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
Read more books, pick a good skill and join a community about it that's not very rigid... Preferably on WhatsApp. People will constantly bring topics to talk about, and from the discussions you should know what is okay to talk about and what is not.
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by PROVERBZ(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:

I'm not happy at all.

bro, we are of similar age. I also graduated 2016.
I have read your write up and my conclusion is that u lack a bit of confidence. The only abnormal thing I observed from ur submission is your attraction towards underage girls. From there I concluded that u lack confidence to approach mature women.

My advice is to change ur wardrobe and pay more attention to personal hygiene and style.
Doing this would surely rocket your confidence.

Then from there u start talking to more mature women.
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:

I'm not happy at all.

I don't even know what to advise you because those that grow old, think mature and no money can act like kindergarten in certain situations in Nigeria. God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Fefa: 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
Antoeni:

"Festus Keyamo insisting Bola Ahmed friends are the ones into narcotic business not him reminds me of the saying:
“show me your friends and I will tell you who you are”.

Well said! However, that saying above had been modified. It is now, " show me your friends, I will tell you your future! "

1 Like

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Blakjewelry(m): 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
budaatum:

I went to Goldsmiths open day yesterday. I think I should learn English.
https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-creative-writing-education/
Read books like how to win friends and influence people by Dale carnegie. Most times it's not about your writing skills rather your thinking skills. Critical thinking involves the general view of life. Read public speaking by Dale carnegie too plus speak after after properly reasoning the words you hear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by dododawa1: 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
1 Corinthians 13 Vs 11

1 Like

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Emperor88(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Being an introvert should be an added advantage.
Firstly don't talk too much when you are around people... Listen more than you talk
*Whatever you don't know or sounds too good to believe, do some google search from reliable sources.
*Listen to philosophers
*Watch CNN, BBC, Discovery Channels etc
*Stay away from Nollywood and Bollywood, it affects your IQ
*Stay away from religion and embrace critical reasoning.
*Read books on various topics.
*Follow intelligent people.
*Dress well and go out to places were you will find matured people.
*Mind your business....ignore rumours..... Increase your self-esteem.
*Make money.... avoid begging and be generous.
*Impress yourself and no one
*Lastly drink responsibly. ���

2 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Entrepreneurrr: 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
No worry with anything just go to the University you will surely improve and act accordingly. About age I have course mates now that are arround 35 years and we mingle together like its nothing.

2 Likes

Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
brightmorningst:
...I just got admission this year but I've lost interest already cuz most of my mates are done with school...

You should take the admission. At 22, you will be among the youngest in your class. The majority of your classmates will be between 24 - 27 and there'd be a large number of 30+ and 40+ students.
Re: At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. by Osanoghodua1: 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
If you care to know! Just read good books, If you're a Christian, study the people very well, study Psalm and Proverbs for wisdom and New testament for wisdom and power. Study books, leave girls alone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice on Handwork A Nigerian`student Could Learn.. / Official 2009 Post UME Discussion Thread / FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.