Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Gbenga Samuel Wemimo's Story GSWS - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gbenga Samuel Wemimo's Story GSWS (724 Views)

Samuel Yarling: Pre-Wedding Photos Of The Groom That Died On His Wedding Day / Pre-Wedding Pictures Of Two Doctors - Samuel And Atinuke / Samuel Afolabi Weds Henna Luiza In Romania (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Samuel Wemimo's Story GSWS by lavylilly: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2022
In 2008 I got a message from the school gate of Bowen University that somebody is looking for me. When I got to the gate it was a guy from Oshogbo, he wanted to see a female student who is a bit close to me. It was the female student that told him to ask for me whenever he comes looking for her
He told me he came to see so and so. I picked my phone and called the lady. She showed up a few minutes later and asked that I wait around while she attends to her guest
He was a banker and she was a 200 level student. She used to be a sort of Runs Girl but she had given her life to Christ and was desperately trying to change her life

The conversation was short, she left immediately afterwards. Then this banker turned to me and said “I was told you have some influence on campus and there are many rich kids here. If you don’t mind I work for so and so bank and we are selling out shares at the moment. I don’t know if you can sell some for me, I will pay you 25% of whatever you sell I said “Okay”
He went to his car and brought me some of the shares documents and explained to me how they will be filled etc
Then he left I never expected to sell any I took the forms to Brother’s hall for Sunday School preview a few minutes later
A lady saw them and indicated her interest to buy That was how the forms started selling, In all I sold shares worth about 1.3 million Naira
The man sent me a bank account To pay the 75% into. I did and kept the teller
The 25% remaining I used to settle part of my school fees. I was feeling so blessed that got the first time God settled my school fees without a struggle unlike the previous three years when I had to pray and fast and cry before God settled the fees at the last minute I wrote my exams and graduated. When I got home, my mother told me she got a call from the Student Affairs office. They requested that I should report to their office immediately.

When I got there I found a petition written by some students about the shares they bought. They had not received their shares certificates and I was graduating
One of them went to the bank and discovered that the shares were not bought The man that gave me the forms had cashed out and left the country. I was in red hot stew. I was told to write a statement. I did
The school authority launched an investigation trying to establish a pattern of fraud etc
They couldn’t because there was none
I still had the teller of the payment I made but I had deducted my 25% from it and that looked very suspicious
I was naive back then!

Before I faced the SDC, I tried reaching out to the people involved so that I can reach an agreement with them to pay them the money if they would withdraw the case. Some were for it but two Christian brothers with whom I shared a room for two straight years were against it
One of them was the material witness against me
He bought shares worth 64,000 Naira and I had duped him
It was a terrible time in my life
I fasted and prayed and cried and pleaded for divine intervention
I would most certainly lose my degree certificate
At the time, I felt my life take me to the station Wow!
My spine had turned to water. God seemed to have hidden his face
Just as I was about to be led to the truck, one of the panelists said “This guy is my Sunday school teacher for four years on campus, he is brilliant, he is a prayerful student, a great example to other students
He made a mistake here. There was no other report of any allegation or wrong doing against him apart from this one
If he was a fraudster our investigations would have revealed a pattern and we did a very thorough investigation
We even interviewed his lecturers and roommates
He made a mistake
He made an error in judgement
We shouldn’t ruin his life
Please take him out of the cuffs and let him go
We can settle this without destroying his future
The lady that spoke was the Vice Chancellor’s wife
Her voice has weight
The others said “Okay ma'' They removed the cuffs and let me go
The woman said “Sowemimo, come and see me later. We have other cases to attend to after now”
Wow. I walked out of that hall with shaky legs
I was so scared that my body was still shaking hours after the event
It felt like I was rescued from the jaws of the bear
The school authority wrote to me later asking me to refund the 25% to the students
It took me some time but I paid each one of them back in 100 fold
I finished paying the debt last year
I was not given my certificate because of this case.....I couldnt

I couldn’t aspire to the kind of jobs I had desired to have
I was afraid that if anyone dug into my past they would see that blot
I refused to start the ministry God committed into my hands because of it
I was scared I’d be called a fraud, shamed and hung out to dry. Until I finished paying that debt, I wouldn’t allow anyone to put my face on a poster for any ministration. I even changed my name partly because of it
When I finished paying the debt, I wrote about it for the first time even though I had repaid them
It was a crippling baggage at the time Because of it I never engage and I will never engage in any business with anyone
I hold physical services without collecting offerings
I seriously wanted to be rid of the stigma and live my life but it won’t go

One day the Lord said to me in a vision, “Cast it on me, from this day, I relieve you of it. Condemn every tongue that rises against you in judgement. I have given you the right to live in liberty in my name”
That was how I was set free
That’s why your opinions won’t matter!

If you praise me, doh
If you troll me, doh
I have an audience of one
I will do as He says and let all men be a liar
As a minister of the gospel this is how you must live your life too
Independent of circumstances, immovable, unshakable, live your life to please the Lord, not the

The handwriting of requirements of wrong had been blotted on your behalf
If you made mistakes please forgive yourself and let go
And if any raise a voice against you, condemn them!

I love you

-GSW-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Samuel Wemimo's Story GSWS by Alexxien: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2022
lavylilly:
In 2008

I love you

-GSW-
You are not a great story teller. Your writeup sucks luv. I don't even know exactly what you are trying to pass across. Is it to pretend as if our past mistakes are in the past even though they will continue to pop up forever in our life and dictating the direction of our life? Or you saying will should pass away opportunities because they might eventually later ruin us?

I hope you do not cook as you write cause you will make a bad cook love. Anyways; I love you too.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Samuel Wemimo's Story GSWS by lavylilly: 10:56am On Nov 10, 2022
A man with no vision for his future will always return to his past.
Alexxien:

You are not a great story teller. Your writeup sucks luv. I don't even know exactly what you are trying to pass across. Is it to pretend as if our past mistakes are in the past even though they will continue to pop up forever in our life and dictating the direction of our life? Or you saying will should pass away opportunities because they might eventually later ruin us?

I hope you do not cook as you write cause you will make a bad cook love. Anyways; I love you too.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Samuel Wemimo's Story GSWS by lavylilly: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2022
wink

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experience About POS Agents Sudden Change In Character... / How To Use Whatsapp To Know Who's Holding Grudges Against You / I Shrunk My Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.