Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? (4673 Views)

Keyamo: The G5 And Peter Obi Are The Reasons Tinubu Will Win This Election / Bashir Ahmad: The G5 Governors Gave Us A Fantastic Offer, We Will Work Together / Emma Powerful Behind Killing In Biafraland Simon Ekpa Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/widening-crack-pdp-appeals-to-jonathan-to-wade-in-as-g-5-govs-shun-maiduguri-rally/

I just finished reading the above New Telegraph report of how PDP stakeholders want to constitute a delegation to Jonathan to plead with him to forgive Atiku because they know GEJ is the one behind the G5 governors. Trust me I’ve been having butterflies in my belly.

If the report is true, and Jonathan is the backbone of the G5, it means the possibility of the G5 working for Tinubu is ruled out or almost zero. Or how would you tell me that Jonathan wants to punish Atiku for his treachery against him and he (GEJ) would now let Tinubu, another major participant in the treachery, be the beneficiary?

Atiku, Tinubu, Saraki, Amaechi and co, led the line of those who teamed up with Buhari group to booth Jonathan out of power in 2015. And now it’s 2023, you want to tell me GEJ will work for Tinubu?

Lastly, the report reinforced what I already knew, of Bala Mohammed being Jonathan’s son which I don’t know how it happened. And if Bala Mohammed is Jonathan’s closest northern ally, it means it will be easy to recruit Mohammed into the G5 to make them G6 who would end up declaring for Peter Obi.

Remember that Obasanjo is also influencing things from the background.

It’s all adding up now…

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by muykem: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
Though I don't believe this but Tinubu has never done anything wrong to Jonathan infact he helped him to win 2011 election. Both of them have never belong to the same party or do you want him to have abandoned his party candidate for Jonathan 2015.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by donphilopus: 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2022
muykem:
Though I don't believe this but Tinubu has never done anything wrong to Jonathan infact he helped him to win 2011 election. Both of them have never belong to the same party or do you want him to have abandoned his party candidate for Jonathan 2015.

The OP doesn't know what he's saying.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by slivertongue: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
The G5 are an instrument in the hands of Obj. Gej will distance himself from them

4 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Righthussle: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
How will Atiku ever think he will enjoy the mandate of the party he suffocated in 2015

20 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by budaatum: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
The G-5 governors include Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Seyi Makinde of Oyo state, Samuel Ortom of Benue State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State and Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State.

They should rally round Obi to boost themselves.

23 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2022
slivertongue:
The G5 are an instrument in the hands of Obj. Gej will distance himself from them

The New Telegraph report said the PDP guys have intelligence that Jonathan is their backbone.

Don’t underrate their intelligence.

Or maybe GEJ and OBJ are working hand in hand.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
muykem:

Tinubu has never done anything wrong to Jonathan?

Really?

Who organized the Ojota protest when GEJ removed subsidy in 2012?

Who sponsored those that carried mock coffin in mock burial funeral of Jonathan?

Who sponsored the media onslaught against Jonathan and hired propagandists who overran the internet and bought up traditional media platforms to project Jonathan like shit until he was smelling to Nigerians?

Who?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by DeLaRue: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Really?

Who sponsored those that carried mock coffin in mock burial funeral of Jonathan?

Who sponsored the media onslaught against Jonathan and hired propagandists who overran the internet and bought up traditional media platforms to project Jonathan like shit until he was smelling to Nigerians?

Who?

So you have proof that Tinubu did all of this?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Innocentman86: 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
DeLaRue:

The prove is inside my toilett grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

17 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by muykem: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Really?

Who?
Who sponsored character assassination series aired on AIT against Tinubu? AIT later rendered unreserved apologies to Tinubu. Those are political actions. Yes, Some of them are in extreme but none of the party are innocent.

8 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by ALTERNATEID: 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
OP don go smoke mpuru mmiri again. Seyi Makinde already told you guys clearly where he’s going. Fayose who is a major ally of Wike already told you they are supporting Tinubu. Wike himself came to Lagos and donated millions to APC women. Can’t you guys add one plus one together and get the result?

You don’t need to keep putting conjectures and wild imaginations together to get who G-5 governors are supporting. Those governors don’t answer to anybody not to talk of Jonathan. Btw, Jonathan and Atiku are best of friends. Jonathan supported him fully in 2019 so stop insinuating nonsense. If GEJ is working against Atiku, Reno Omokri would have left his camp long before you start imagining things.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by descarado: 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Penguin2:

The New Telegraph report said the PDP guys have intelligence that Jonathan is their backbone.

Don’t underrate their intelligence.

Or maybe GEJ and OBJ are working hand in hand.
It was atiku who made Jonathan lose that election, not tinubu. Wike even said it that it was atiku. The moment he went out with those governors. Jonathan begged atiku several times not to leave. The Jonathan we know look soft but he never forgives. The moment obi's running mate was announced, I know he has powerful backers across the country. These governors have a higher deal with the powers that control Nigeria that's why they are not shaking. Atiku already know he has lost South. Tinubu would have been a good choice but his hatred for ss and se is his undoing not Muslim Muslim. Now the North has disgraced him, he send his boys to Enugu to do what?
And his boys here, instead of making amendments, they are busy making it worse for him.
To late. Obi is maximising all the loopholes.

16 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by mrvitalis(m): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
muykem:
He helped him in 2011 by making Jonathan lose osun ? Jonathan just scrambled to win south west and it was not because of Tinubu

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Tochi3(m): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Really?

Who?
Those urchins are shameless liars.. ignore dem revisionists...

Briggs has already given Thief'nubu wotowoto after the thief visited Jonathan to beg for his endorsement...what a fooool... grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by ThinkSmarter: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
No matter how you try to twist the story to suit your narrative.
Just know that real men are go getters.
Not that we don't like Obi, but he stands no chance of winning the election from facts on ground, not sentiments.
Asiwaju is naturally ahead.
We won't waste our votes cuz result sheets matters a lot in politics.

3 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
DeLaRue:

Do you have proof he didn’t?

7 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by slivertongue: 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
d article is just poor journalism.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2022
Obidients and this funny trait of building castles in the air, then looking for ladders long enough to reach there.
Now it's GEJ who is codedly obidient and working underground for Obi. First it was OBJ, then Wike. If I count how many people have been labeled obidients, Obi will be the clear favorite for this election.
I totally wonder though, why many politicians will be obidients but be afraid to own up publicly. Imagine OBJ and IBB hiding their preference of Obi.
Out of fear of what exactly?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
descarado:

It was atiku who made Jonathan lose that election, not tinubu. Wike even said it that it was atiku. The moment he went out with those governors. Jonathan begged atiku several times not to leave. The Jonathan we know look soft but he never forgives. The moment obi's running mate was announced, I know he has powerful backers across the country. These governors have a higher deal with the powers that control Nigeria that's why they are not shaking. Atiku already know he has lost South. Tinubu would have been a good choice but his hatred for ss and se is his undoing not Muslim Muslim. Now the North has disgraced him, he send his boys to Enugu to do what?
And his boys here, instead of making amendments, they are busy making it worse for him.
To late. Obi is maximising all the loopholes.

You are right in a way.

But Tinubu also played a huge role in Buhari’s victory and Jonathan’s loss.

It was Tinubu who influenced Southwest votes for Buhari without which Buhari wouldn’t have gotten the majority votes or even the constitutionally required spread.

It wasn’t clear from the start but now it’s becoming clearer that Obi is Nigeria’s next president.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
ALTERNATEID:
OP don go smoke mpuru mmiri again. Seyi Makinde already told you guys clearly where he’s going. Fayose who is a major ally of Wike already told you they are supporting Tinubu. Wike himself came to Lagos and donated millions to APC women. Can’t you guys add one plus one together and get the result?

You don’t need to keep putting conjectures and wild imaginations together to get who G-5 governors are supporting. Those governors don’t answer to anybody not to talk of Jonathan. Btw, Jonathan and Atiku are best of friends. Jonathan supported him fully in 2019 so stop insinuating nonsense. If GEJ is working against Atiku, Reno Omokri would have left his camp long before you start imagining things.

Lol!

What if what Makinde did was Red Herring? Do you even know what that means?

About Wike endorsing Sanwolu, it was clearly to spite Jandor who has aligned himself with the Atiku group instead of Wike. Sanwolu’s endorsement does not in anyway mean that Wike would also endorse Tinubu.

Lastly, Fayose has never said he’s supporting Tinubu openly. What he once Twitted was that it is the turn of the south. I’m not saying he won’t work for Tinubu if he decides to but he hasn’t said that. Or provide me with link to such statement.

10 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by slivertongue: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
God didnt destin GEJ 2go byond 2015 so that Nigerians will taste d bitter pill of their choice. APC aint going byond '23

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
muykem:
Who sponsored character assassination series aired on AIT against Tinubu? AIT later rendered unreserved apologies to Tinubu. Those are political actions. Yes, Some of them are in extreme but none of the party are innocent.

Whatever character assassination you are talking about was done just few months or even weeks to the elections.

Before then, Tinubu and his men had called Jonathan a lot of unprintable names and sponsored all kind of campaign of calumny against him.

The AIT documentary did not even cover one tenth of what APC had done to Jonathan.

Should we talk about Lai Mohammed and his constant laceration of Jonathan in the media? And we all know Lai Mohammed is Tinubu man.

What did Tinubu not do to Jonathan?

14 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by KEVIND: 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
muykem:
Jonathan’s govt won gold in corruption -Tinubu
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/jonathans-govt-won-gold-corruption-tinubu/

4 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Ireportlive: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2022
Why are Zombidiots so stupid for goodness sake

They ask him to wade in as an elder, then you accuse him that he is responsible for the fight

7 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Penguin2: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ireportlive:
Why are Zombidiots so stupid for goodness sake

They ask him to wade in as an elder, then you accuse him that he is responsible for the fight

I posted a link.

If you had followed the link and read the report, you would have saved yourself some embarrassment.

And besides it is on front page, go and read it and come back, okay?

5 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Owologbo(m): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
muykem:

There's a difference between you supporting your party and going to meet someone who has retired home from politics to contest against a fellow southerner because you believe his popularity combined with some your region can push him out.
GEJ may forget, but some of us will not.

7 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Ireportlive: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
Penguin2:

I posted a link.

If you had followed the link and read the report, you would have saved yourself some embarrassment.

And besides it is on front page, go and read it and come back, okay?

Read your own damn link man

It was clearly stated that the move might be inspired by Jonathan's treatment of 2015

Key word here is Inspired by

No where was Jonathan specifically called out for being a party to the G5 conspiracy

5 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Orukomeno: 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
We the people of SS will never forget what was done to Jonathan.We will have our revenge very soon grin

5 Likes

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by Ttalk: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
Penguin2:
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/widening-crack-pdp-appeals-to-jonathan-to-wade-in-as-g-5-govs-shun-maiduguri-rally/

I just finished reading the above New Telegraph report of how PDP stakeholders want to constitute a delegation to Jonathan to plead with him to forgive Atiku because they know GEJ is the one behind the G5 governors. Trust me I’ve been having butterflies in my belly.

If the report is true, and Jonathan is the backbone of the G5, it means the possibility of the G5 working for Tinubu is ruled out or almost zero. Or how would you tell me that Jonathan wants to punish Atiku for his treachery against him and he (GEJ) would now let Tinubu, another major participant in the treachery, be the beneficiary?

Atiku, Tinubu, Saraki, Amaechi and co, led the line of those who teamed up with Buhari group to booth Jonathan out of power in 2015. And now it’s 2023, you want to tell me GEJ will work for Tinubu?

Lastly, the report reinforced what I already knew, of Bala Mohammed being Jonathan’s son which I don’t know how it happened. And if Bala Mohammed is Jonathan’s closest northern ally, it means it will be easy to recruit Mohammed into the G5 to make them G6 who would end up declaring for Peter Obi.

Remember that Obasanjo is also influencing things from the background.

It’s all adding up now…

Wetin they go on for Obidient mind is more compounded than confusion. Look at how you skewed everything to favour your pariah Peter.

The fear of Obi coming 3 in the election turning you all to soothsayer.

Una just dey start

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by TechW: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2022
muykem:
Which 2011? Where he gave ACN platform to Ribadu and supported him.

1 Like

Re: So Goodluck Jonathan Is This Powerful; Behind The G5 Governors? by dollytino4real(f): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
Jona jona no get dat kind mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LP Governorship Candidate Cant Speak Yoruba Fluently. / You Are Impostors, APC Tells Anti-Ganduje’s ‘Ward Excos’ / Henry Okah's Full Affidavit To South African Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.