Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 (26891 Views)

About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Nigerian Consumer Inflation Edges Up To 11.4% In May – NBS / Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by ruffDiamond: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see urchins saying that we Nigerians should be Happy because the inflation is worldwide, I see them going to buy garri and groundnuts on credit to drink after posting, I see most of them avoiding a handful number of streets because they're owing almost all the provision shop owners, I see them still supporting Tinubu.

This I have seen.
falseprophet my man grin You saw more than Nostradamus ...very very accurate I swear. Afonja can endure poverty die!

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by hakeem4(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

I thought you have brain before so this is reason why you said Naira has purchasing power parity than cedis comparing two commodities prices to justify your claim.. go back to your secondary school and start again..
I want a very cognitive actual fact that is practically application to the reality
so you mean the ghc has better purchasing power to the naira?
Bro common stop this joke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by morikee: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

that is a lie we are talking about food my brother not boli and small groundnut.. we are talking of better food.. i spent almost 1.5k yesterday buy ordinary jollof rice and meat yesterday in a small eatery which doesn't cost up to 1k before
our purchase power parity is lower than last 7 years or 10 years ago

With that 1.5k here in the North i can buy 3 full plates of Jollof Rice all with 2 Meats each I swear to Almighty God and na better food wey go belle full you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Jamersirwin1971: 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2022
mediclife1987:

Does that mean if I carry 1million naira there I'll live a big life?

Pls explain their economy better to me bro...

1 million is naira is chicken change in ghana... the purchasing power of 1 million in Nigeria is better than spending it in Ghana. I am currently ghana and I would tell you things aren’t easy here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by alimiadedayo1: 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
hakeem4:
so you mean the ghc has better purchasing power to the naira?
Bro common stop this joke.
your family are the one joking saying naira has a powerful purchasing power parity when most everything is costly including food
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by GeneralDae: 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
waice6571:

Wetin you know....? How I wish we can revert to 2015...
God forbid

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
backtalkG:
the rising cost of living in Ghana could force Nigerians living there to return or look for a better life in other countries, especially in Europe. We are living dire times

There is inflation everywhere. Even the whites are complaining.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by mediclife1987(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
preciousmetals:
I live in Ghana for 27 years now and married to a Ghanaian, the problem this current Government of Nana Akufo Addo put Ghana into Ghana will not come out of it in the next 10 years, Ghana is gone.

Na wa oh.
Wetin the man do Ghana sef, wey Ghana just enter bush go...

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by vickydevoka(m): 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
Light78:
It's time people should stop drinking beer every weekend.

Things are gonna be hard.

Put the money to good use.
Some people will not hear
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by hakeem4(m): 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

your family are the one joking saying naira has a powerful purchasing power parity when most everything is costly including food
You are just an Internet Troll and stay away from my mention please

4 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Hdhdhd(m): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
mediclife1987:

Abeg gimme load down on how to start the biz in Lagos boss...

I wan use like #2million start am next year October when I collect leave for where I dey so.

I'm currently saving my cash in dollars...

Alright Bossman, I have been in this business for 2years now and I know what I have really achieved so far from it. Location doesn't really matter. When you know what you doing and you doing it perfectly fine, people will locate you. Is all about packaging, bro. Do it in a way no one else has done it before and you will see things happen like magic

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by preciousmetals: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
Put inflation apart, Ghana is gone
nenyewrites:

There is inflation everywhere. Even the whites are complaining.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by alimiadedayo1: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
morikee:

With that 1.5k here in the North i can buy 3 full plates of Jollof Rice all with 2 Meats each I swear to Almighty God and na better food wey go belle full you.
brother it seems I analysed everything to you that price of food in Nigeria varies in each region and also depending on places where you buy.. I am also in north currently in Abuja
you cannot compare the purchasing power parity of naira last 10 years ago to now go and value the prices of commodities and some other things including car parts and electronics and compare the prices last 8 years ago abi you dont know that exchange rate also determines the ppa value
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by morikee: 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

brother it seems I analysed everything to you that price of food in Nigeria varies in each region and also depending on places where you buy.. I am also in north currently in Abuja
you cannot compare the purchasing power parity of naira last 10 years ago to now go and value the prices of commodities and some other things including car parts and electronics and compare the prices last 8 years ago abi you dont know that exchange rate also determines the ppa value

Yeah that one dey but the whole world you can't compare the price of stuffs before and now

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by alimiadedayo1: 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
hakeem4:
You are just an Internet Troll and stay away from my mention please
you too get out dullard claiming to be intelligent I thought you will sound intelligent to explain better to me but when I discovered all what you can say to justify your claim is buy comparing the price of pure water that is why I know I am talking to a complete fool
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by onatisi(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
The situation is terrible to say the least ,got to palace mall yesterday and a 5kg of rice was going for 100- 200 ghc cedis .
How will people celebrate Xmas?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by brain54(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

there are some factors you need to consider about the purchasing power of currency you are using beer and food as comparison. for beer we have a lot of beer manufacturing companies in Nigeria and the agricultural products they used to produce beer is locally available that is why it is very cheap.. there Re many places in Nigeria today that you will spend up to 3000k for a complete meal before you can satisfy I am not talking about local food vendor and the price of food meal is not the same in every region in Nigeria.. in north is very cheap because they are extensively into farming in south west it is fair in the south east is not that bad then go to south south it is very bad.. so you cannot tell me our currency has a powerful purchasing power with this present economy situation compare to 2015 abi are you not in Nigeria again what we used to buy 1k is not like 5k
Firstly I never said the purchasing power of naira is very strong/powerful. I only stated it is better than the cedi.
You also shot yourself in the foot with your 2015 analogy. Are you saying because you bought some thing in 2015 for 1k and then buy same thing 5k presently that means the purchasing power of the currency is powerful?
As for the factors of production you mentioned…the common man don’t need to know all that or concern himself with the cost of production. What concerns him is how much the end product cost. Again from your anology I can imply or deduce that weak currency or low purchasing power would definitely result in high cost of final goods. This partly can be as a result of the weak purchasing power of of that currency.
Do you get it? I also used food as my example because food is basic and easy to use as comparison.
Baba I think you just muddled up most of your arguments.
Show me anywhere in Nigeria where a plate of food at a road side mama put chop bar sales for 3k and I will close my nairaland accoun.t. You can easily eat 30 cedis here at a local restaurant and not be satisfied. I am not talking of a 2 star hotel. I mean mama put joint.
Someone I know personally bought gobe (beans) some days back for 10 cedis. (1k naira) the quantity you will get for around 150 naira max from the food vendor.
Meaning if he was in Nigeria he would probably add bread,dodo and some cold Pepsi and still get change.
So don’t tell me about factors of production…
If my explanation at this point is not clear to you then I don’t know what else to say to you.
But I hope you get it…

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by mediclife1987(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hdhdhd:

Alright Bossman, I have been in this business for 2years now and I know what I have really achieved so far from it. Location doesn't really matter. When you know what you doing and you doing it perfectly fine, people will locate you. Is all about packaging, bro. Do it in a way no one else has done it before and you will see things happen like magic

Bro let's relate via my email.
Lemme shoot you an email straight up...
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Jamersirwin1971: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

bro don't say that people are experiencing worse here.. you dont know that it is painful to discover that our highest currency has no value at all.. can you compare the purchasing power of 1000 naira and 1000 cedis together

Have you been to ghana before ? If no .. ghana is currently worse . 1k is 10 cedis and with iya basirat you can eat 3 times with 1 k in Nigeria . Over here it won’t get you morning food at iya basirat here ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by alimiadedayo1: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2022
[quote author=morikee post=118287160]

Yeah that one dey but the whole world you can't compare the price of stuffs before and now [/quote
that is what I am saying and my bone of contention is that the purchasing powe parity of naira has dropped drastically compare to last 10 years or even last two years..
how much is bag of rice in 2016 Nd now Nd I don't agree comparing the purchasing power parity of countries together because there are many factors you need to consider Nigeria has more resources and human capital than Ghana our country suppose to be better than most European countries you dont know how it is painful I made research on the available resources in Nigeria which includes steel and nuclear energy deposit..This country suppose to be heaven on earth.. agricultural wise we have the fertile land and the human power and virtually almost everything grows in Nigeria
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Youngzedd(m): 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
Nairametrics - Nigeria’s real inflation rate is actually 52%, far above NBS reports - Steve Hanke

https://nairametrics.com/2022/11/09/nigerias-real-inflation-rate-is-actually-52-far-above-nbs-reports-steve-hanke/

The TRUTH is, Nigeria inflation is higher than 52%.

NBS is under reporting, but in reality na shege pro max we dey see.
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
Brendaniel:
APC wants to use this information too justify their wickedness on Nigerians - you can see them all over the thread, Don't fall for it...

On a normal day are we supposed to even be comparing Nigeria and Ghana based on what we have as resources - both Human and Natural
We know that because of your hate for this country you are anxious to portray Nigeria as the only country that is not working. But most of us know better

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by alimiadedayo1: 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
[quote author=brain54 post=118287214]
Firstly I never said the purchasing power of naira is very strong/powerful. I only stated it is better than the cedi.
You also shot yourself in the foot with your 2015 analogy. Are you saying because you bought some thing in 2015 for 1k and then buy same thing 5k presently that means the purchasing power of the currency is powerful?
As for the factors of production you mentioned…the common man don’t need to know all that or concern himself with the cost of production. What concerns him is how much the end product cost. Again from your anology I can imply or deduce that weak currency or low purchasing power would definitely result in high cost of final goods. This partly can be as a result of the weak purchasing power of of that currency.
Do you get it? I also used food as my example because food is basic and easy to use as comparison.
Show me anywhere in Nigeria where a plate of food at a road side mama put chop bar sales for 3k and I will close my nairaland accoun.t.
Someone I know personally bought gobe (beans) some days back for 10 cedis. (1k naira) the quantity you will get for around 150 naira max from the food vendor.
Meaning if he was in Nigeria he would probably add bread,dodo and some cold Pepsi and still get change.
If my explanation at this point is not clear to you then I don’t know what else to say to you.
But I hope you h
so you have bought the food at ghana at road and compare the prices and how can you use only food to determine the purchasing power of the currency what of other things
it seems you dont actually know the meaning of purchasing power parity did you know that it was the year everything increased in ghana due to the inflation
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by planetx: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2022
Light78:
It's time people should stop drinking beer every weekend.

Things are gonna be hard.

Put the money to good use.
Waiting we gain if we can't shayo.
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Aphrygian(m): 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
brain54:

Show me anywhere in Nigeria where a plate of food at a road side mama put chop bar sales for 3k and I will close my nairaland accoun.t. You can easily eat 30 cedis here at a local restaurant and not be satisfied. I am not talking of a 2 star hotel. I mean mama put joint.
But I hope you get it…

Baba rest,the guy you quoted understands what you are saying quite well,what he does not want is to believe that Nigeria is still better than some countries,as obidients Nigeria must be painted black to garner votes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Mccullum: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
Brendaniel:
APC wants to use this information too justify their wickedness on Nigerians - you can see them all over the thread, Don't fall for it...

On a normal day are we supposed to even be comparing Nigeria and Ghana based on what we have as resources - both Human and Natural

Waitin Naija get wey Ghana no get... some of you will just be posting without verifiable facts..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by goslowgoslow(m): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
TechW:

Ikpeazu is better than Tinubu. Tinubu only achievement is for his own pocket
Lol... cheesy cheesy..even a fool knows that Ikpeazu is the worst governor in Nigeria! The present state of Aba is a very good example. Moreover you did not answer my question. Are you saying that for eight years Tinubu did not complete a single project? In a state like Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by goslowgoslow(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
waice6571:

How many economics dey inside buhari's head. He inherited a vibrant economy.... 3rd fastest growing economy and wrecked it shamelessly.
Silence is better for people like you because as usual you cannot comprehend a comment but to bark!
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by brain54(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Aphrygian:
Baba rest,the guy you quoted understands what you are saying quite well,what he does not want is to believe that Nigeria is still better than some countries,as obidients Nigeria must be painted black to garner votes
I rest Abeg…

I get you.
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by LiveWithIt: 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Chopcy29:

I and my household are animals with mumu fish brain
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by Fearyourcreator: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
Brendaniel:

But you can compare with countries that has been existing for centuries
Re: Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 by ednut1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
LiveWithIt:
Lagos should come to the rescue ASAP..
We don't need someone who will take Nigeria to this kind of fall, we need someone like tinubu, the master planner.
which water that building dey produce in lagos alpha beta is located in that building if you dont know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 / Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.