Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days - Investment (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days (60762 Views)

1.5 + Odds Under 2.5 Single / 150k Under 2 Months / Crypto Is A Manipulated Market! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Untube: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
So due to how Naira misbehaving.

I went and withdrew 70% of my savings from the bank and bought $19,000 worth of USDT at N863 per dollar on binance p2p

Guess what.

I just check and they're currently selling usdt there at 722 naira.

My hard earned money just lost like that

I just deleted the app... If they like let them make it drop to N400

Crypto have really delt with me

Last year it was one merchant token that ripped me off $2000
Then Shiba Inu ripped me $1200

Anytime I do anything crypto related I lose money

Will anyone advice me to sell my USDT now at 722 and accept my loss or wait untill December if Naira will lose value further to say N900 to a dollar

Will dollar be scarce in December?

Honest opinions

That aspect you said " if naira will loose value" God will not asnwer that prayer. We pray for naira to appreciate, dollar should go back to 1$ to 180naira. Let's pray for better Nigeria regardless of our selfish interest

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by 16inchdick: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
adubam:

Buying is different from selling.

He bought from those mallam and he's not selling he's using it for travel purpose
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by YeyeBoyfriend: 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2022
I'm a patriotic Nigerian, so i wouldn't pray naira loses value any longer so hardship won't befall on millions of other Nigerians this festive period and beyond just because of you, so kindly withdraw your funds
GREATIGBOMAN:

I went and withdrew 70% of my savings from the bank and bought $19,000 worth of USDT at N863 per dollar on binance p2p

Guess what.

Will anyone advice me to sell my USDT now at 722 and accept my loss or wait untill December if Naira will lose value further to say N900 to a dollar

Honest opinions

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by prophetic69(m): 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions

I can help you with chart analysis for free if you like, dm me your WhatsApp number....
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by twosquare(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
Globad:

Naira has a history of appreciating in December. Not depreciating.

This is because more inflows will come in in form of remittances and people visiting with FX.

Let me now be more coded. A policy that will make hoarders offload dollars is in the works.
Same policy was introduced during Jonathan era if I guess right. What happened next? The worst is to close all domiciliary accounts...forgetting if banks cannot meet up with demand in a speedy fashion of BDC...it will skyrocket...
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by imagrg(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
Let it appreciate before you make any withdrawal.

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Carlyboi(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Sometimes I feel bad about how carefree I am about my 20k. It is good money in current Nigeria. As at when I put it, the plan wasn’t to abandon it. It just didn’t seem like my kind of thing. It didn’t seem legit and free of manipulations. So, I shelved it. Let me try to log in now.

It is Binance, I am sure of that. wink

Abeg try o....tbh I don’t like losing money on any venture,I don’t act careless with it too every naira matters or count instead of losing it frivolously or throwing it away I’d rather give it out to the needy!which I do,inasmuch I can afford to play with dem 1k,5k,10k, that’s some people’s half or quarter take home...I don’t move like that,being wasteful with money is a NO.

So,go check up on your investment babygirl 20k+ would pay for a hotel room in lekki phase 1,would get you a decent a dress or shoe,can pay for a dinner for two or a movie date!lol
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by adubam(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2022
16inchdick:

He bought from those mallam and he's not selling he's using it for travel purpose

It is the same thing we are saying
They sell @ #670
They buy @ #660
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Utanisco(m): 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions

Bro not joking
I decided not to be part of it because I have sth else that I'm doing

My immediate brother is a Pro in crypto and its market
Weather u call it binance or whatever

That nigga is too good in market signals
If u want to confirm this

I can make u keep in touch with him
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by aujile(m): 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2022
obyno82:

My best advice to you is to dump the USD you have right now because the new Cashless policy plus the plan of the CBN to limit local currency in circulation is going to reduce the amount of local currency that would be used to chase USD. it will fall further because right now the demand pull on the Naira has flattened out because the speculators cannot find any other outlet to dump naira and hold USD coupled with the fact that even advanced nations would soon begin redesign of their currency and adopt the use of digital currency.
You are just contradicting yourself. What do you think will happen if digital currency is adopted? And you are advising he should cut his loses.
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by eteebanky1: 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2022
Na die you dy ooo op

Go and check, it is already selling at #600
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by aujile(m): 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2022
Naira will still fall further as long as Buhari is still the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He is clueless and surrounded himself with a bunch of incompetent folks
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by wolebest: 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
[quote author=GREATIGBOMAN post=118285012]So due to how Naira misbehaving.

Guess what.

Omo wait be patient now!

I bought at N540 and it has continued to rise.

As long as Nigeria has nothing to export to make Dollars, the Naira will continue to depreciate.

An Economic analyst predicted in 2015 when the APC government came onboard that the Naira will depreciate to 1000, I never believed it will happen, but his prediction has come to pass.

But you should have kept your Dollars in a Domiciliary Account or kept it in cash in a safe place.

The entire crypto space is bearish now.

Even Bitcoin is going down, until the World Recession is over then it will be time to buy crypto and make sure you go for those with Real life applications, not just any crypto.

I missed the 2 Bull Rally in the Crypto space and I will not miss the next one (2023 and beyond) by the grace of God.

Make sure you do your research too.

Keep your Dollars safe, because some Crypto Exchanges are crashing.

See you at the top.
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by twosquare(m): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2022
SamOchuko:

Bro I’ll advise you sell now and count your losses, the naira is not going to deep anytime soon, not with this issue of the US govt not accepting bills beyond 2021 outside the States by January, the market will be flooded with dollars as most guys hoarding it will be letting go of theirs, the naira is bouncing back. Dangote opening his refinery will give the naira more strength.
Fake news.

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by adubam(m): 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2022
Aboki buying now @ N600 to $1 in Uyo.

Opp, Make una sell fast fast ooo

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by abimbola74(m): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2022
techgen:
Naira will hit $1= 500 by January, 2023,... And would not hit 800 for the next 20yrs.

Know this and know peace....it's all Written in the sky cheesy

Sorry for your lost OP
God bless you. It’s even visible to the blind cos of change of currency in Nigeria and US saying dollar of 2021 below won’t be acceptable again by 2023

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by obyno82: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2022
aujile:

You are just contradicting yourself. What do you think will happen if digital currency is adopted? And you are advising he should cut his loses.

Look let us be honest here. The real issue with the rising value of USD against the naira is simply due to speculators and once speculators are restricted from having access to excess liquid cash to hold on to, it will reduce the amount of Naira that is used to chase USD. this will reduce speculative demand and impact on the value. if digital currency is adopted it will give the regulator full control over the market liquidity and shut out speculators

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by orikoku: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
One enemy of the nation spotted. Deal with your loss

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by pocohantas(f): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
Carlyboi:

Abeg try o....tbh I don’t like losing money on any venture,I don’t act careless with it too every naira matters or count instead of losing it frivolously or throwing it away I’d rather give it out to the needy!which I do,inasmuch I can afford to play with dem 1k,5k,10k, that’s some people’s half or quarter take home...I don’t move like that,being wasteful with money is a NO.

So,go check up on your investment babygirl 20k+ would pay for a hotel room in lekki phase 1,would get you a decent a dress or shoe,can pay for a dinner for two or a movie date!lol

I’ve finally logged in at the third attempt. It is in $ I think. So I have to sell it or what? cheesy
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Konjiboii: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
Lost in what way, did you just buy and hope to make profit next week? I hope you haven't withdrawn your money, just hodl as long as you are alive

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by elganzar(m): 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions

Hold on till after general election (February)...
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by tobby20: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2022
Untube:

That aspect you said " if naira will loose value" God will not asnwer that prayer. We pray for naira to appreciate, dollar should go back to 1$ to 180naira. Let's pray for better Nigeria regardless of our selfish interest
I can link you to some legit investment from wales company
I’m not convincing anybody
I would have invest in it but I have no financial funds as I’m a student
But if you promise to pay me at least 40% of the money you would make
I would link you up
You are not giving me your money o
I’ll show you proof and everything you need
Then if you decide .
I’m in a Redpill update group on whatsap
My whatsap is on my siggy
Rich dad poor dad ; what separates the rich from the poor is just information
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Carlyboi(m): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ve finally logged in at the third attempt. It is in $ I think. So I have to sell it or what? cheesy

It depends but since you ain’t keen about it just sell it off.is there any appreciable tho?
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Ofadaman(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
I need ur input.

Money way I wan use start house project

I bought that USDT Because I didn't want my money to be loosing value in the bank

Now all of a sudden immediately I got usdt some people are now telling me I should have gotten BUSD

Why on earth did Naira appreciate

As if they were timing me

So you follow for the enemies of this country who are angry that naira is rising

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by alphabbey1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2022
Vicman300:
bro your problem is that you make the wrong move you buy when rate low and sell when is high, you gone for btc instead of usdt but I can still help you to make profit through binance future just dm your WhatsApp digit
Advice from someone that will ruin your life grin

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by twosquare(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Yes I was actually talking crypto generally... but watch it with these stable coins ... tether ust depegged from $1 and is now 0.03 or so to a dollar ! Usdt occasionally depegs but goes back to a dollar.. has depegged currently.. some have said it's not backed with real dollar asset 1 to 1.
Usdd has now depegged too.. busd is the only one I know that is fully backed with dollar equivalent... maybe also usdc
USDC is backed by 1 to 1 real dollar assets. In fact, one of the firsts. As for USDT they're not that open, while USDC is transparent, but expensive due to the ethereum network. Don't know if they have changed it.

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by oneclickng: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Currently, you are losing over N2.9m. if the Naira appreciates further, it means a bigger loss. I will advise you hold your peace and watch the market closely... should crypto markets continue dipping further, sacrifice like $3k and buy some reliable coins or tokens, then HODL for long. You will smile back
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Ogbemuo: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2022
Why not use the USDT and buy Bitcoin now that Bitcoin is low.
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by twosquare(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2022
abimbola74:

God bless you. It’s even visible to the blind cos of change of currency in Nigeria and US saying dollar of 2021 below won’t be acceptable again by 2023
Fake news
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by olyrayy(m): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

U believe naira will deep further?

Don't wait till after election. Wait till election. Sell on the eve, or a week before election. Because after election, politician demand for dollar would go down.

Note: This is not investment advice grin

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by gfaruk(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
Niorte:
Hello,

Your headline is misleading. You didn't lose money to crypto, you lost money because you were trying to do the Bureau D'Change system where you buy low and sell high. Were you expecting the Naira to keep falling?

I also was in your shoes, I bought some usdt at the rate of 863 per usdt and by the time I wanted to withdraw, it was already down to 850.

Guess what I did? I transfer the fund to my future account, made a trade with 10% of my portfolio with a tight stop loss. As soon as I got 35% profit, I just close the trade. The profit make up for the loss due to Naira strengthening against the dollar.

See ehn, Crypto can make you rich overnight. It can also send you to the village in few hours.

The problem many people have is that they want to make money fast fast, I belong to a topsecret signal room where premium signals are being dropped. Even after telling people to use not more than 10X leverage, some will still use 50x and 75x, they say they want the profit to choke!

But they failed to manage their risk, such people make $100 in the morning and loss $500 in the evening due to lack of discipline.

One mistake people make again is that they don't listen to news or belong to a community where economic news is shared.

For the past few days, crypto trading was affected by fundamental analysis and not technical analysis. If you are trading based on technical analysis in the last few days, you surely would have lost but if you have your ears to the ground

Listen to FOMC press release such as US inflation and CPI report, then you would have made crazy. The fight between CZ(Binance) and SAM(FTX) also contributed negatively to the bear will experience.

Sorry, I'm writing out of point.

If you want to trade profitably, then contact me....I do not promise heaven on earth but be sure you will get quality signals. All you will have to do is to know how to enter a trade, set stop loss, lock profit and close a trade and you will see your portfolio growing.

You win, you lose but your winning rate should be high enough....thats the way trading works

Pls drop ur contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Sergei Mavrodi: MMM Founder Buried In Closed Coffin (pic, Video) / Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria / MMM: Do You Remember This? (Throwback Photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84