Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days (60474 Views)

1.5 + Odds Under 2.5 Single / 150k Under 2 Months / Crypto Is A Manipulated Market! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by frankson1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
Allisgud:
dollar will be 250 by then

Don't mind that dude advising him to hold. He thinks it's coins.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by PJ123: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
DenreleDave:
may you lose your money in Jesus name if you pray for our national currency to lose value. u will never regain the money again

Amen, in Jesus name!!! Enemies of the nation!!! God will disappoint them and the one they have gathered through hoarding of dollars will not profit them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
Hold, hold ,hold hooooooolld oooooo. Forget this iyanga way naira day do. It will still reach 1k per dollar.
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by z4blaze(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
Shame on Nigerians, u are praying and hoping for ur Naira to depreciate against the dollar so u can cash out, later all of u will be blaming government. What a big shame on Nigerians

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by frankson1(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
SHINJA:
Bought for 2,000 dollars yesterday at the price of 820 naira now in huge loss also... embarassed

With the hope that it will go above N820 undecided undecided whoever gave you such advice was definitely super high on 'mkpurunmiri'.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by dazzlingd(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
So due to how Naira misbehaving.

I went and withdrew 70% of my savings from the bank and bought $19,000 worth of USDT at N863 per dollar on binance p2p

Guess what.

I just check and they're currently selling usdt there at 722 naira.

My hard earned money just lost like that

I just deleted the app... If they like let them make it drop to N400

Crypto have really delt with me

Last year it was one merchant token that ripped me off $2000
Then Shiba Inu ripped me $1200

Anytime I do anything crypto related I lose money

Will anyone advice me to sell my USDT now at 722 and accept my loss or wait untill December if Naira will lose value further to say N900 to a dollar

Will dollar be scarce in December?

Honest opinions

U should stop, you dont have that smartness to be an investor

1 Like

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Tboy1419: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
Kobicove:

Please explain the workings of USDT swap again cos from my understanding that thing sounds like a Ponzi scheme

Is not a Ponzi scheme, is better than P2P, because you will be swapping with the apps you're using to buy crypto instead of 3rd parties that you're not sure if he/she could be trusted in exchanging any currency that you want to buy from them.
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Eluala(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
Naira will appreciate in December. Returning folks from overseas will come in with lots of the Greenback and will need to spend Naira. I expect CBN to also tighten monetary policy on long term savings in domicilliary accounts, making it unprofitable to save Dollars long term in Dom accounts. This will make the streets awash with USD. Naira will gain more.

In addition to these, the Forecados terminal thst just resumed crude oil exports will increase oil output by about 300K bbl per day, the Brent price has began to rise above 90$/ bbl again, so in a nutshell the CBN will witness increase Forex receipts and you know the result, Naira will gain. So think again before you bet against the Naira.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Amed4bilz(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

I went and withdrew 70% of my savings from the bank and bought $19,000 worth of USDT at N863 per dollar on binance p2p

Guess what.

Will anyone advice me to sell my USDT now at 722 and accept my loss or wait untill December if Naira will lose value further to say N900 to a dollar

Honest opinions

You can as well convert the USDT to BUSD
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by kelvindj98: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2022
Op. All those who are advicing you to hold don't like you. Once the new naira notes are in circulation, Dollar will go back to hovering between 500-600. Keep holding o.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Heterodox(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions
We that we know how the market works saw this coming.

Don't blame it on crypto. Blame your lack of knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Tboy1419: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
dapaiks:
Op you mistake is that you only rush into buying Crypto when it is high, which is the mistake with most folks, in crypto whenever there is a missive pump it is been follow by a dump.
so buy crypto only when everywhere is bleeding and stop buying the top

God bless you for this info.
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Trojan8(m): 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
I need ur input.

Money way I wan use start house project

I bought that USDT Because I didn't want my money to be loosing value in the bank

Now all of a sudden immediately I got usdt some people are now telling me I should have gotten BUSD

Why on earth did Naira appreciate

As if they were timing me

No difference between USDT and BUSD, they are both stable coins.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by frankson1(m): 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Stop being stupid.

All my money was in Naira and losing vaue everyday.

Imagine last week within a day naira fell from 700 to 863 to 1 USD

it was heading to N1000

Every right thinking human would move their money to a more stable currency.

Stop being emotional and naive.

It will still fall in December when there obviously will be dollar shortage.

Those who wants to travel will need dollar

Those who who to import goods will also need dollar

Price of things will increase

Dollar to naira will increase and I'll get my money back

U can cry if u want

You better go and read the new policy that will be implemented when the new Naira notes comes into circulation or you will be the one to fry if you want undecided

1 Like

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Lucrativress(f): 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions
Wisdom is applicable to all men
You weren't really following the News
Understanding the economic trend was meant to tell you something.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by malel1: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions

Oga sell ur dollar fast, else u will wake and see dollar is 400naira .
I sold mine 694 I bought 760

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by ebenezary(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
ignorance is a big problem, l am a forex trader and l know what is called market structure and fundamental analysis, one of the main reason you don't have anything to with foreign currency if you are not trading with it and people like you deserve what you get because you are shouting simply because it is not in your favour but if your $19, 000 turn to $24, 000 you will be more than happier,

I will advice you to leave the funds there, it is called "retracement" in forex market and soon it will start going up but if you can stand it sell off your funds and get your naira

1 Like

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by capetownboyz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Stop being stupid.

All my money was in Naira and losing vaue everyday.

Imagine last week within a day naira fell from 700 to 863 to 1 USD

it was heading to N1000

Every right thinking human would move their money to a more stable currency.

Stop being emotional and naive.

It will still fall in December when there obviously will be dollar shortage.

Those who wants to travel will need dollar

Those who who to import goods will also need dollar

Price of things will increase

Dollar to naira will increase and I'll get my money back

U can cry if u want
for your mind come and crash it na …maybe you ain’t concerned about the inflations that affect commoners out there …sound all high and mighty ..u trust dollar then keep your dollar ,those who trust naira will keep their naira..

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Tbeiz: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
I need ur input.

I bought that USDT Because I didn't want my money to be loosing value in the bank

Now all of a sudden immediately I got usdt some people are now telling me I should have gotten BUSD

Why do you dabble into things you don't understand at the wrong time? Naira was around 500/$ this time last year. At the height of inflation this year ,you ran to convert your Naira to dollar. What business has crypto got with your wrong decision?

DXY (Dollar Index) is loosing strength at the moment and many weak currencies Naira inclusive are rising.

You made a wrong move at the wrong time with full ignorance and illiteracy.

If you haven't spent 3/6 months studying on any area of likely investment. DO NOT make a move.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by John3v19: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
Drunkard1:
u no go understand my salary no follow. I dey earn not upto 12k. After i get am na so so debt i dey pay.. Na capital i dey find. Make i start up something. Even if na 50k
All these are happening because you are a drunkard

1 Like

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by dazzlingd(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

It's really painful... Especially if u do legit business and know how much sweat u put in before making a single penny.

My eyes now almost having issues due to me always on my system doing gigs for people.

I've been down ever since.

Baddest month of my life.

Many Nigerians are sufferin and becoming impoverished due to the naira failure, and it managed to breathe a little bit...
Even though it may eventually crash, at least the average Nigerian will have a moment to be happy.
And you think ill give a shiiit about your personal interest when majority are affected.. may your usdt never appreciate....oloshi

Na only u get dollars....19k you dey shout
If I were to consider my personal interest alone, I should be celebrating that Naira was crashing, but I think of friends and people earning in naira and could only wish it gets better...
You will never recover your money selfish mumu

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by koning: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2022
I sold dollar at #640 yesterday. The Mallam was even reluctant to accept it from me.

You will be lucky to see it at 500 naira by December. It's crashing rapidly.
The real shock will come in February if and when The US central bank implement their plan to withdraw dollar notes printed before 2021 out of circulation.

Change your Dollar now.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by blaise26abj(m): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions

Hold on to your dollars . Naira will freefall till December next year . Be prepared . Note also that prices of things will be quite high too so you are only protecting yourself against the price increases . The money will still buy the same things you would buy now .

1 Like

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Drunkard1: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2022
kmaster007:
How much be Ur fee
message my signature. Na 3k. I go explain. Note crypto dey wreck. Put money wey u no really want use instant. But it pays uf u get grace. So dm my signature. Thats my whatsapp. I wont collect any money from u. U will buy and trade urself.
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by pocohantas(f): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2022
I have like 20k in Binance. Na that wicked girl @simplepee make me put am. Better come and bring out my money for me o. I wan use am chop. grin grin
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by twosquare(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2022
It will shoot back to 800 and possibly 900 close to Christmas...that is your window opportunity. The market does not reward those who fear or instant gratification. I hold some amount of dollars too...though not close to yours as I am a long-term person.

Apart from Christmas, when there will be a rush to change to new naira notes since it is starting from December 15, the forthcoming election is key, and I can bet it it naira my reach N1000 if it is not handled credibly.

The naira will gain for a while due to our pseudo-economics, but you and I know that the IMF and World Bank will have the last laugh. Look at Ghana....for Nigerian case, were still dey disguise. It is like a man being beaten and forming e no dey pain me. With all our loans and all that, forget.

About putting your savings online, let it be 50%, if you have the heart. But next time, put 30% of that money into Piggyvest to yield (https://www.piggyvest.com/?newref=1&ref=761320ff4b0422), 30% in your bank account, and 40% into dollars.

Putting 70% is risky because of exchanges collapsing like greedy Sam Bankman-Fried...FTX saga...so you don't jump into the lagoon...

Now, I recommend this book to you...go and get it and read it before Next year, IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY:

- The Psychology of Money [/b]by Morgan Housel
- [b]The Millionaire Next Door[/b]by Thomas J. Stanley

Number one is the most important. About buying stuff...[b]don't buy when it is green and green up & up
...buy when it is red and low...those who bought bitcoin at 60k thinking it will hit 100k, are yet to recover....we call it pump and dump. Now, it is 18k or less...maybe something will happen that will make it shoot past 100k in the future...but I can't explain all to you. Get those books.

GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Lucrativress(f): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

It's really painful... Especially if u do legit business and know how much sweat u put in before making a single penny.

My eyes now almost having issues due to me always on my system doing gigs for people.

I've been down ever since.

Baddest month of my life.

Let me give you the simplest term happening right now.

There was no naira to really go round, so no money to buy dollar like that like that, so dollar kept rising cause of low naira to buy.

All of a sudden what happened?
Naira change notification
All the hoarded naira came out at once
So too much naira to buy dollar, first the rush seemed like ohhh naira's gonna have a big deep
But guess what, too much naira to spend did the reverse
It actually brought down the reverse to dollar cause it is only likely everybody would be rushing to exchange in dollar dollar
So the issue of surplus and is it deficit in this case
Surplus naira to buy dollar, dollar dropped yakataaaa

So it's a value unknown at the moment due to surplus but my prediction is it'll still fall till January when everything dies down

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Corrinthians(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions
My brother, if you know what's good for you, dump those dollars asap. I was a victim too, but I've cut my losses and moved on.

If what my friend who's a bank manager told me yesterday is anything to go by, brother, it would be a miracle if dollar doesn't hit 380 naira by January.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by DadaHammed: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
I need ur input.

No vex my brother, but this your lamentations take style funny. I burst laugh for where I dey chop Oha soup. Fish bone done hook me for throat. grin

Again, no vex. You say Crypto do you wetin again? grin
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by YorubarLord: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2022
I'd buy xrp with all of it and keep if I were you. It will become a currency countries will use starting from 2023 ending it will go up to over $300 right now its around $0.4. DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY IN DOLLAR BUY XRP AND KEEP FOR YOUR OWN GOOD
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Crusadee: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions
u re not patient enough Bro usdt will get it's value back, and next time if you want to invest don't go to it at a rushing time, this is the best time to buy usdt not when it was almost 900/$
Re: Crypto Is Not Just For Me, Massive Loss (millions Gone Under 2 Days by Geenosko: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Guess what.

Honest opinions

Wait till election ends

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

MMM Returns With New Strategy / Sergei Mavrodi: MMM Founder Buried In Closed Coffin (pic, Video) / Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.