Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. (11848 Views)

See A Secret Cake A Girlfriend Sent To Married Lover To Wreck His Marriage / Don't Know What To Do / Girls Love Me: But I'm Too Shy To Get a Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Princek12(m): 12:45am On Aug 24, 2011
date married men or dudes who have gfs. those kind of relationships will provide you with plenty of drama to keep you engaged and involved.

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 24, 2011
just accept fate and understand that it's meant to be. "People don't change" besides it makes no sense pretending to be caring if you're not not everyone cut out for relationship/marriage that's why there's adoption agency or the traditional of just getting someone's sperm better than having a broken marriage. #true story
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by ds700(m): 1:11am On Aug 24, 2011
You better don't mind those commentators saying tha @ 25 you are still a child, They are already old without husband, and they don't have to push you into making the same mistake.

For goodness sake; its advisable to be in a relationship for 2,3 or even more years before marriage (these will gurantee some degree of understanding) so 25 is a perfect age to go into such relation.

GETTING MARRIED AT THE AGE OF 50 WILL NOT GUARRANTEE A STEADY HOME.

My candid advice, to each his own.

Thank you & Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by emmatok(m): 1:39am On Aug 24, 2011
Princek12:

date married men or dudes who have gfs. those kind of relationships will provide you with plenty of drama to keep you engaged and involved.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 24, 2011
@ poster
why dont u spend more time trying to figure out just WHO Amya is and what it is that she truly wants instead of subjecting yourself to such predicament? ive been there sister. i still have work to do but ive learned enough to know that until i am fully comfortable with myself i cannot be with another other wise every flaw or mistake i make i would make a big deal and id just feel awkward all of the time. luckily i have someone that is patient and is truly inlove with me for me. i feel much more confident and ready to do what ever with him than i was say 1 year ago because we were able to grow together and mostly because ive taken the time to figure out what it is that i truly want and how to love me.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by CyberG: 3:40am On Aug 24, 2011
No need to rush, you are just 25 only! 2 and 5! What happened to enjoying your single-hood?

You are only doing all these to snag a man and after that what happens? Getting married just so that your friends also see you got "married" is the worst nightmare for the guy and he would hate you for trapping him. However, your story sounds familiar. . .it happens to everyone so yours will no be new. A girl pulled this off some years ago and I met her at a friend's wedding and guess what? When ladies were asked to come and catch the bouquet, her friend stood-up and tried to pull her up but she refused. . .LOL. Well, we chatted later and I already met her friend somewhere else, then she was asking me some very funny questions. Well, your guess is as good as mine: now she is 31+, fat (I mean FAT) with a big stomach, looking shorter and still searching. The advise to you is you need to change your attitude and hope because it is easier to get a fuckmate (since you only need guys for sex), much less a real BF and then a real husband!!! If you change only to get the guy, well he will divorce you later when he finds that he's been conned and request a refund of the wedding expenses, cost of the time spent chasing the fake you, and bride price, if he paid any.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Mynd44: 3:43am On Aug 24, 2011
@mzdarkskin
That's so sweet. I never knew 190 was that humane
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by CHoccolaTE: 3:47am On Aug 24, 2011
When I saw those silly posts that made it sound like she must get married very soon at all costs, I was filled with anger. Why do we punish ourselves like this in
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Rogerss(m): 6:03am On Aug 24, 2011
If you were a guy, you'd be me.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by ifffffy(f): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2011
Hmmn, it is well.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Amya(f): 7:10am On Aug 24, 2011
[CHocolaTE]:

When I saw those silly posts that made it sound like she must get married very soon at all costs, I was filled with anger. Why do we punish ourselves like this in Nigeria?
People just foolishly succumb to societal pressures even when it holds them back and inconviniences them?
You people must have heard others saying that a girl MUST be married at ages 25 to 30 and so you stupidly go all over the place regurgitating what you heard. Dont you fxcking think? ? ?
What if the girl is not emotionally/mentally ready at that age? Or hasnt found someone that she can truly be a companion with? Marriage works best when you can understand and rapport with your spouse but because of moro.ns that go about saying things that they didnt think through, people feel a need to get married at all costs even when they clearly shouldnt be married at their ages. Later on when the marriage fails because it was done to avoid stigmatisation, you f.ools will be the ones asking why did they get married when they were not compatible with each other.
@AMYA, darling, you are simply an introvert. Introverts tend to get weighed down and fatigued by social interactions. It is completely normal to be introverted. Just find a man that is also reserved and shares your interests, trust me, they are out there, when you find him, you can do the asking out regardless of what 'society' says. Best wishes.r on when the marriage fails because it was done to avoid stigmatisation, you f.ools will be the ones asking why did they get married when they were not compatible with each other.
@AMYA, darling, you are simply an introvert. Introverts tend to get weighed down and fatigued by social interactions. It is completely normal to be introverted. Just find a man that is also reserved and shares your interests, trust me, they are out there, when you find him, you can do the asking out regardless of what 'society' says. Best wishes.

Jeez!!! No way did i mention i really wanted to snag a man by hook or crook! I just I hope to settle down sometime in the future (don't we all) and since I've never really had a good relationship like every-other person, then must be something i must be doing wrong which i hope to adjust.
The truth is if marriage was really my problem, i would be married long ago. Surprisingly, i get proposals for marriage from people i never dated which i turn down because it's just not my thing to marry someone i really don't know. I just hope to find a guy that can tolerate all my excesses, and when i do, i don't want to mess it up.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Amya(f): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2011
CyberG:

No need to rush, you are just 25 only! 2 and 5! What happened to enjoying your single-hood?

You are only doing all these to snag a man and after that what happens? Getting married just so that your friends also see you got "married" is the worst nightmare for the guy and he would hate you for trapping him. However, your story sounds familiar. . .it happens to everyone so yours will no be new. A girl pulled this off some years ago and I met her at a friend's wedding and guess what? When ladies were asked to come and catch the bouquet, her friend stood-up and tried to pull her up but she refused. . .LOL. Well, we chatted later and I already met her friend somewhere else, then she was asking me some very funny questions. Well, your guess is as good as mine: now she is 31+, fat (I mean FAT) with a big stomach, looking shorter and still searching. The advise to you is you need to change your attitude and hope because it is easier to get a fuckmate (since you only need guys for sex), much less a real BF and then a real husband!!! If you change only to get the guy, well he will divorce you later when he finds that he's been conned and request a refund of the wedding expenses, cost of the time spent chasing the fake you, and bride price, if he paid any.

I'm not really in a rush to snag a man. . . i just hope not end up cold and alone due stupid mistake people make. I want to avert that mistake now and put my life into perspective.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Amya(f): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

@ poster
why dont u spend more time trying to figure out just WHO Amya is and what it is that she truly wants instead of subjecting yourself to such predicament? ive been there sister. i still have work to do but ive learned enough to know that until i am fully comfortable with myself i cannot be with another other wise every flaw or mistake i make i would make a big deal and id just feel awkward all of the time. luckily i have someone that is patient and is truly inlove with me for me. i feel much more confident and ready to do what ever with him than i was say 1 year ago because we were able to grow together and mostly because ive taken the time to figure out what it is that i truly want and how to love me. 

I'm not miserable or something, in fact people who know me(in real life) think i have it going good for me. They think I'm probably not in a relationship because of my fierce independence. Rather than pity me, they actually admire me. I'm actually comfortable with myself right now, but a smart person should look not only at the present, but also  at the future. And that's what I'm doing. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 24, 2011
Amya, change ur attitude, try to COMMIT a little when a SERIOUS guy comes along, no one's perfect, so dont back out when u observe flaws, u need a good r/ship NOW, if u have eyes on d future try compromise little for PEACE sake, use ur 'good side' n d r/ship, communicate ur feelings with ur partner and love more SELFLESSLY. Goodluck.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Olaisrich(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2011
@ op, You need to go and read books on personality and attitudes-your attitude determimnes your altitude!
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Connoisseur(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2011
[Quote]
BTW, what's the difference between having a 'thing' with
someone and actually dating someone as a guy i dated for close
to a year who i was so in love with then, and who's presently
dating my friend told her that we are actually didn't date, but
we just had a 'thing' for a while and i was simply delusional for
claiming a non-existent relationship. To say i was flabbergasted
would be the understatement of the year. By God, I'd sworn we
were actually dating! It wasn't a secret, everyone knew . . .we
broke up officially due to some problems that cropped up much
later in the relationship.

[/Quote]

you actually answered your question;

[Quote]
The problem isI like my space and don't like people too clingy. I
like to do things by myself. I really don't need a guy around
except for se.x, as i don't self service. I'm not the call type and i
can go without my phone for a long while.
[/Quote]

You think he wouldnt notice it was just se.x. Thats why it was a 'thing' to him (wouldnt blame him though)ke people too clingy. I
like to do things by myself. I really don't need a guy around
except for se.x, as i don't self service. I'm not the call type and i
can go without my phone for a long while.
[quote][/Quote]

You think he wouldnt notice it was just se.x. Thats why it was a 'thing' to him (wouldnt blame him though)
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 24, 2011
seedord247:

@least if she get to 35. . . . that will be ok

No really a bad idea. Gods time is always the best cheesy
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nayah(f): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2011
Chocolate exactly I agree when you say people cede to society pressure, since when 25 is old? then you might risk to jump in any guy and be unhappy??
Amya really, try to considerate what I said previously, yes admitting his mistakes it's good thing but do not completely change and become fake because of someone, the one who will love you will accept you even if you're not perfect, this imperfection that makes you who you are
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by claremont(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2011
^^^
It will be easier for the OP to change/modify her character, than it will be for her to change a man to fit into her perfect image. A human being can only change him/her self, you can't force someone else to change.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nayah(f): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2011
claremont, don't be confused, making concessions and change! people have their own experiences and temper, I think change does not exist but concessions do

Changing for someone could lead to a denaturalisation of the personality, if the guys loves you he will ove you for who you are and not what you trying to be
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Googler(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2011
@op
Interesting narrative.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by claremont(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2011
Nayah:

claremont, don't be confused, making concessions and change! people have their own experiences and temper, I think change does not exist but concessions do

Changing for someone could lead to a denaturalisation of the personality, if the guys loves you he will ove you for who you are and not what you trying to be
^^^
Change is a fact of life, human beings who are unwilling to change are rigid and inflexible. Such people are better off on their own, our entire existence as human beings is based on our ability to change to fit into every situation. The day a human being chooses NOT to change is the day he/she starts to die emotionally/physically/socially.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nayah(f): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2011
Claremont what I would like to emphasize on is she shouldn't denaturate herself to have someone! I confess that if she's like arrogant , disrespectful or rude ok that's a fact she has to focus on because it could be very difficult for her even in her friendship relations, BUT I think many people encourage our sister to do everything to have someone, and now what you call "change" is not really appropriate for me

Again, concessions but not change! she's 25 she already has her own fixed personality, she has to cultivate patience, not rush in any man just to do like society wants her to do
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by marcus1234: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by veravee: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2011
@ Amya 25yrs is a matter of number. don't be bothered about life. live ur normal life just as my guy always tell me. Tomorrow has something better to offer to u. As for guys, the rite 1 will surely come at the rite time, i mean Gods appointed time;who will cherish u, adore u, respect u and shower u with care. Don't try to change who u are but adjust in certain aspect where those ex- have complained about ur shortcomings, so that u can improve. Been the best babe is left for the guy u dated to tell u cos some guys are really assholes, pain in the flesh etc they dnt deserve to be treated nice. Marriage is a place u showcase what u learnt from relationships. so having so many ex- does not make u a bad person;u got 2 luv urself b4 some1 else luvs u. i wish u the best Go babe!
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Berlinh(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2011
Just keep enough space between you and him, more sharing information & understanding.

Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nsonaso(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2011
Noting is new
If i were dis satalite church pastors i wil say u hav a marine husband and i will ask u to com 4 deliverance,
If i were my mentor i wil say that not every girls ar ment to have bf nd not every girls ar ment to get married nd that is why the name "spinster" does exist. And so u can be 1 it doesn't matter
But as am not any of the above person i will advice u to search for this guy on facebook he is good in emosional probs "chukwueze john toochi"
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by myk2mic: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2011
amya- u sound just like me, only difference is am both quiet and talkative.i also love to be alone by myself and tots.this also has contributed to  failed relationships that i have had.nd its so bad that now am so scared of getting into one and in my thirties now .i guess most time the probs is  finding someone to accept u for who u r nd u also going the little extra mile to show some level of commitment. The last relationship is had started of nicely but now, i find it difficult to communicate with her.
i guess  the key would be communication ,if u find one who would accept ur "shortcomings" and u also try to step out of ur shell once in a while to let him see a different side of u, then i guess he would accept u for who u r fully knowing that there is an interesting side to u as well. but 25 is not to old girl, so go easy.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Olaisrich(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2011
The poster did not mean that she was desperate just because she stated her age to be 25 yrs as some u people portrayed it to be,
she was only impliied that she is getting closer to or she is at marriage age and that her present personality can hinder her in keeping husband not getting husband.She only observed some personality traits in her life that can affect her later on, and it can be fix if she is committed to do so. This is what a lot of people{male and female} will not be sincere enough to observe,remember getting an husband sometimes can be easier than keeping them.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by Nayah(f): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2011
Olaisrich, we're only talking about people who refered to her age saying that she has to be in a hurry because she'll be 30 very soon
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by atasteve: 11:14am On Aug 24, 2011
The problem isI like my space and don't like people too clingy. I like to do things by myself. I really don't need a guy around except for se.x, as i don't self service.

Two issues that you need to deal with:

1. When you are in a relationship YOUR SPACE must be invaded at one point or the other so be ready for more rude surprises. By the time you start having babies then all your SPACE will be fully invaded if not totally destroyed! smiley

2. Se.x was designed by God for ONLY MARRIED people any other usage brings distrust and eventually heartaches.

I wish you God's speed.
Re: I Really Don't Know How To Be A Girlfriend. by kpolli(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2011
It is sad to know that we have a lot of single old women on NL. . . . see wetin una dey advice the girl make she do, do u want her to get serious at 30 n by then start acting desperate? Pls dont spoil her future for her

Poster, am not telling u to get ready for marriage now, am saying discover urself, be wiv a guy that mite not marry u, but wud help u get ready for marriage. . . . at 25 n u dont know how to be a gf, its sad to me. . . . we have 18yr olds getting married, it wud be nice marrying at not such an old age

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Think I'm Going Crazy Over A Man / Hot Gist / Why Do White Women Envy Women Of Other Races?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.