Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? (1035 Views)

5 Truths You Should Tell Yourself Before Entering Into A New Relationship / Interracial Relationship: Does He Really Love Me???? / Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by manni(m): 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2007
Is there any need discussing your last relationship with your new girl or guy ?
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by nosilla(f): 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
In my honest opinion I would say not at all.

nosillA xx
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by manni(m): 12:03am On Aug 23, 2007
Nosilla why? well to me i think its ok ,if there is a basic understanding between two people
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by Sexytruth0(f): 12:33am On Aug 23, 2007
Yes you should, somethings need to be talked about.
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by yimiton(f): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2007
Yes, talk about it, it makes your partner understand you better. You don't have to go about insulting your ex or bad mouthing the person, just the basics, like y you broke up, things you loved and things you couldn't stand. This will help your new partner understand what you really love and what you can't stand.
Enjoy!
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by iice(f): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2007
Depends on the relationship and the people involved
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by manni(m): 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
hi iice ,can yu pls explain better
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by iice(f): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2007
Hmmmmm
Some relationships arent that deep. . .old memories sometimes don't come into play. No one asks, no tales told.
Some people cannot handle somethings. If he/she is the jealous, paranoid, over-possessed type, erhhhh that can trigger somethings. . .what am saying, best be knowing the person so as to know what to reveal and when to reveal.
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by pejubaby(f): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2007
i dont really buy the idea of discussing about your past relationship, i suggest been quit when u ar not ask. and speak as at when due. cool
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by pejubaby(f): 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2007
Hmmmmm
Some relationships arent that deep. . .old memories sometimes don't come into play. No one asks, no tales told.
Some people cannot handle somethings. If he/she is the jealous, paranoid, over-possessed type, erhhhh that can trigger somethings. . .what am saying, best be knowing the person so as to know what to reveal and when to reveal.
i dont think it should be discussed at all.
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by iice(f): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2007
pejubaby, when you reply, scroll down and look on the right hand side of your screen, you will see 'insert quote' just beside the post of the person. . .to make it easier for you

Nwayz, sometimes somethings are meant to be discussed. Especially if you are still around your ex/exes. . .makes your current partner understand you more and it could help with your present relationship
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by manni(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2007
hi pejubaby and iice ,you guys are right,to be honest,its not easy - cos you might just be caught up in a relationship that might last for a life time(marriage).your partner might just be really hurt to find out that you had a hidden past that never came out till after marriage-trust me i have seen it happen
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by tpia6: 1:37am On Jan 30, 2011
Re: Old Memories In A New Relationship-does It Help? by freedomfro(f): 4:04am On Jan 30, 2011
manni:

hi pejubaby and iice ,you guys are right,to be honest,its not easy - cos you might just be caught up in a relationship that might last for a life time(marriage).your partner might just be really hurt to find out that you had a hidden past that never came out till after marriage-trust me i have seen it happen

So very true, I know my lover is hiding something, and it will come out one day. but I'm preparing myself for it cause i do love him.

(1) (Reply)

It`s A Mans World ,isnt It? / Physically Challenge,pls Help / Would You Go Home To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.