Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,776 members, 7,959,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? (2569 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Interracial Relationship: Does He Really Love Me???? / Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by babonboard(f): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2006
This thing has always disturb me and now i have decided to bring it on this fast growing forum.
pls i will like u great forumite to please help me shed more lights on this.
one patner in a country and the other one in another even among undergraduates dating in different schools.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by iberi(f): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2006
It could last depending on the parties involved.
If they don't get suspicious or listen to bad advice, it could work and yes, it's very real
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by iice(f): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2006
I don't do them but i know there are couples out there doing it and maintaining it. I say it's hard work and stressful but if you are upto it, then do ya thing. Afterall what doesnt work for one may work for another.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by socool1(f): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2006
it depends on the people involved and yes it can definetly work.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2006
i really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really  really love it
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by donjazzie(m): 11:05pm On Aug 31, 2006
well it's realllyyyyyyyyy hard oh for mi personally to maintain one not in this world where pple jst open they mouths anyhow and talk isht and trust is really limited.ma guy the thing hard sha.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by bechex(m): 9:58am On Sep 01, 2006
It works for some, but in most cases it does not work. I dont hav a personal experience, i am just talking from what i hav seen from other people's experience
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by loftylogs(m): 11:07am On Sep 01, 2006
Distant relationship is real and it works, but it is dependent on both paties involved.i am in one and i hope that sooner or later we will be together is just a matter of time.even when u are in a relationship with someone that is close to u doesnt guarantee u great relationship if u understand what i mean.i believe both couples should follow their heart,if u are ment to be together no devil can stop u.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by babonboard(f): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2006
yes i understand,but u all know that on the gal's part there is no problem but for the guy i dont think they can stay a week without thinking of sex a
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by iice(f): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2006
LOL babonboard, some can't but i know some who have gone without for long periods, its just a matter of discipline. And i don't believe that all girls can wait, because i know girls who get their lil fun on the side when they away from their boyfriends.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by babonboard(f): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2006
yeah iice,
its just that am kinda scared about the saying out of 'sight is out of mind'
but at the same time i will try all my best to make it work
i hope he does too
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by iice(f): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2006
Ahhhh i understand you girl, it's only natural to be scared and it is hard work making long distance work but if both of you are committed 100% to making it, it will work out. I sure hope he does try his best too. Goodluck girl
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by babonboard(f): 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2006
thanks sista
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by loftylogs(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2006
babonboard:

thanks sista

i just want to encourage u babonboard, long distance relationship aint easy at all,it cost money and all that, but as long as ur mind says u should do it then do it.i'm currently in one and i do everything possible to call her all the time and she does same too but when u are in one make sure it has focus,let it be u guys are heading towards been together.like marraige if u get what i mean. one more thing always PRAY cos only God can make it POSSIBLE.

CHEERS
cheesy
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Kachichi(f): 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2006
I have been through a long disance relationship and I can tell you that for it to really work, then there has to be 100% devotion from both the woman and the guy to each other so that the relationship doesn´t wander off to bad waters.

I can´t say that there are any advantages to this kind of relationship because the downside of it surpases the positives. The amount paid to keep the communication sparking is alot. Arguments may turn to dangerous and derailed thoughts. Then again, one needs to seee the person he/ she is wth to really feel the mutual and emotional support, after a long time of not seein each other,well, those feelings start to go away.

Don´t get me wrong,all I am saying is that such kind of relationships are tough to deal with. The energy put into them is like thrice as much despite the distance. when it happened to me, I thought I would get even more time to put my mind on other areas on my life and at the same time, balance my relationship. Boy was I wrong shocked

Otherwise, to you out there who is feeling me on this and is either into that kind of relationship right now, good luck and try your best to make the relationship work. And don´t let your head play mind games with you.
I am currently married to the man I waited for. After the long wait of a whole year, we were finally reunited.

wink
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2006
well i think it depends on the individuals involved.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by babonboard(f): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2006
@kachichi
am happy for u o,at last u are married to the one u waited for.

but make i no lie its so expensive to maintain a distant relationship cos of the rate of international calls,but all the same am coping its a matter of time i belive.
but you all know that atimes the mind does some wandering and wondering what the other patner is doing at a particular time or moment and if one shld let that get too much things u dont wanna do starts coming up.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Busta(f): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2006
3 words - it doesn't work!
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Douzy(m): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2006
Busta:

3 words - it doesn't work!

Those are rather four (4) words.

3 words - It does work!
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Pain(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2006
Douzy:

Those are rather four (4) words.

3 words - It does work!

Brother Thank You. The Fact That Some Failed. Doesnt Mean Others Will.

Sister I works and is a reality within matrimony. What happens when you are married and your hussie or wifey has to unavoidably be away. Sometimes for a year? Dont mind the weak willed. Thed do d same even in matrimony.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by tukur2002n(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2006
my sista long distance realationship exist and it works fine, just like me other fellas have said earlier. undecided undecided

i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really love a long distance relationship. that's the reason why i don't have a boyfriend because i can't find one in a long distance

@ mubowa

me am here if u need one ok. send ur details to me and lets see. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by babonboard(f): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2006
lol
grin grin grin
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2006
sorry, i already found one
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by tukur2002n(m): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2006
Posted by: mubowa
Insert Quote
sorry, i already found one

that's the reason why i don't have a boyfriend because i can't find one in a long distance

"lol"
don't confuse me now grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2006
It is sweeter than anything i can ever imagine
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Roscodaddy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2006
My Dear,Long distance works oh but it is very very hard and stressful,you just have to be focused,I am in one and have been there for like 3 years now,not easy for me as a guy,you know,though I won't lie,I really wish you luck,please do not over work your heart by thinking where is he now what is he doing,instead use this time apart to build on yourself,if it is school or your work,so that if he comes back,he will see that you are better off then when he left you.Hope you get.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by omot208(f): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2006
one thing i can say is it lasts and lasts. and from personal experience, u achieve no real closeness. u spend time missing each other and talking and talking and there's no action. after a while the words begin to sound hollow and u wonder if u have something real. then he's a guy and it's only natural for his eyes to wander around, esp in a foreign place. i had one for two years and i was shocked at the end when i realised i barely knew him and he hardly knew me. the second one was much better, but the network usually frustrated us and all that stuff. besides i got tired of watching my friends go out on dates and to the movies with their boyfriends and i cldnt tag along. i met someone else, got close, called it quits and moved on. though the previous guy hurt me, he admitted to cheating so i cldnt trust him anymore.

it can work but it'll take lots of patience, sacrifice, trust and credit. if u knew him very well before he moved, and u were already really into the relationship, then it will probably work. but if it's still young, it wont stand the test of distance. so good luck.
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by kokoletz(m): 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2006
Understanding with matured mind is all u neem
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by kokoletz(m): 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2006
Understanding with matured mind is all u need
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by godfrey920(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2007
it won't work(out of site is out of mind)i've tried it once and ever vowed not to try it again. cool
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by Brymore(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2007
Different strokes for different folks, but if I read between your lines, u may not be able to cope with it.
My advice; Don't start what u can't finish, Understanding, perseverance, determination and trust keep relationships together despite the forces of distance, but pls try to hook up from time to time for absence heightens love, but presence strengthens it.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Distant Relationship?does It Last And Is It Real? by uspry1(f): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2007
If you are not sure about distant relationship, why don't you and your loved one buy webcam via instant message (Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ, AOL-AIM---all of them are built-in webcam connection) to hook up? It is only way to build great confidence to each other.

Read the bible scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Call Guys Ashawo? / Catch My Husband Cheating 4 Quick Ways To Spy On Him / Great Birthday Gift Ideas For Your Boyfriend:show Your Boy Friend Some Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.