Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive (34717 Views)

World Cup: Ivana Knoll Slammed For Wearing Sexy Outfit To Qatar. She Reacts / Dangote, Rabiu Give Falcons N50M & N25M Respectively As Presidency Welcomes Team / NFF: How FIFA President, Infantino Reacted To Pinnick’s Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Racoon(m): 3:56am On Nov 12, 2022
FIFA President Infantino addresses officials at referee’s training camp

A total of 129 match officials will oversee the 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup

Gianni Infantino told officials: “Without you there is no football; there is no FIFA World Cup.”

FIFA President Gianni Infantino has personally welcomed the 129 referees, assistant referees and video match officials overseeing the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, and kicked-off their official training camp by emphasising the fundamental role the group he affectionally labelled “Team One” has to play in delivering the best ever edition of football’s greatest competition.

“You are FIFA’s team,” President Infantino said. “You are our team and you are actually the most important team in the tournament because without you there is no football; there is no FIFA World Cup.

We need Team One to enter the pitch first. We need Team One to kick off the first game on 20th November, and we need Team One to stop the last game and award the title to the World Champions.”

PRESIDENT MEETING MATCH OFFICIALS
In his speech, the President noted that for the first time in FIFA World Cup history, female match officials are among the 36 referees, 69 assistant referees and 24 match officials chosen to officiate at the tournament.

The FIFA President pointed out the importance of unity, and encouraged participants to both savour the moment and to believe in themselves.

“There are, for the first time, six women as well, present. But whether men or women, it’s referees. For us, for me, we are all part of the same team,” President Infantino added. “You will feel a lot during this World Cup. The emotion of being part of this adventure. The emotion of having four or five billion people all over the world looking at what is happening here. And you are asked to be there, to be fit, to be ready, to take decisions, to take responsibility in a very short time. You are the best in the world. That’s why you’re here.”

Also present at the seminar was Nasser Al Khater, CEO of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC; Mattias Grafström, FIFA Deputy Secretary General and Colin Smith, FIFA’s COO – World Cup.

The delegation was greeted by the Chairman of FIFA’s Referee Committee, Pierluigi Collina, and Director of Refereeing, Massimo Busacca.

Following the speeches and seminar, the officials took part in a day of orientation that included units on health and fitness, VAR and assistive technologies, and decision making.

https://www.fifa.com/technical/refereeing/news/fifa-president-welcomes-team-one-to-qatar-as-referees-arrive

12 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Racoon(m): 3:56am On Nov 12, 2022
More

2 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Racoon(m): 3:56am On Nov 12, 2022
Wishing all the participating teams a nice tournament. Referees should kindly avoid extending the racism slur to the world stage in FIFA tournaments.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Racoon(m): 4:01am On Nov 12, 2022
In his speech, the President noted that for the first time in FIFA World Cup history, female match officials are among the 36 referees, 69 assistant referees and 24 match officials chosen to officiate at the tournament.
This coming late from a major world stakeholder like FIFA, but it is a welcome innovation nevertheless. Promoting gender equality is one on the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) which a world body like FIFA should be a signatory to.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Lauraobd1: 5:29am On Nov 12, 2022
South Americans are favorite in this world

4 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by rayvelez(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2022
Promising to be a great tournament...

1 Like

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Haymus007(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2022
rayvelez:
Promising to be a great tournament...
Yinmu wey almost all the stars don get injury finish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Luther0luther: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2022
This is probably going to be the worst world Cup tournament in history.
We'll see.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Joebayo217: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2022
Luther0luther:
This is probably going to be the worst world Cup tournament in history.
We'll see.
The time is not even encouraging to watch how person go dey watch world cup by 12:00am sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Apolocrewe: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
Buy dollar at official CBN rate N440/$. 10% commission for me. You should have a domiciliary account, payments in USDT and BUSD also available.

Telegram: @CBNrates

Send me a message.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by slivertongue: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
The trophy is for Argentina

18 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by HomeTutorsPro: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
Wow!!
I hope Africa's reps do well in the tourney.
All the best to CMSGT, especially Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Linesman(m): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
Welcome to Qatar.

1 Like

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by DLivingAncestor: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
This trophy is for Brazil

Make una know this and know peace

5 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
Osihmen and co should hide thier head in shame until this world cup is over.. ordinary ghana? Chai

21 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by SenatePresdo(m): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
I don't seem to enjoy any world Cup that Nigeria isn't participating interesting.

17 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by alfredo4u(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by handsomeyinka(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2022
Give me the ball ..

Atlanta 96 on my mind.

Kanu nwankwo defined Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by handsomeyinka(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2022
Joebayo217:
The time is not even encouraging to watch how person go dey watch world cup by 12:00am sad
Lol.

1 Like

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by bigdammyj: 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2022
It's about to go down.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by swaly: 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2022
I wish I’m there too �
Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by ecolime(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2022
SenatePresdo:
I don't seem to enjoy any world Cup that Nigeria isn't participating interesting.
Interest no fit dey naturally.

E no go better for Black stars of Ghana I swear lipsrsealed
Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Komolafe89: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ok
Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by t2aoa(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2022
Gradually we r getting close to the mundial..
Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by babyfaceafrica: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
I hope there isn't any English referee
Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by akwesenana: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2022
This man still dey blow match?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by sprints1: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2022
Joebayo217:
they are not playing any match at 12am and 2:30pm it is all lies fixture

3 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Richy4(m): 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2022
When I see Saudi Arabia for the world cup fixtures, I just dey jealous.. ordinary Saudi Arabia grin

5 Likes

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by limitless777(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2022
Training a lady you want to marry in school and driving a trailer without brake , which one is more risky?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by Fedrick100: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2022
I can bet my balls there’s no epl referee there
Re: FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive by olatade(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2022
This is going to be one of the most successful world cups ever hosted.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIFA Gives Approval For Aisha Buhari Cup / Aubameyang Banished From Arsenal First-Team Training / Ibrahimovic Banned For Grabbing Goalkeeper Sean Johnson's Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.