Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari (13648 Views)

Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari / Look What Is Trending In South Africa About Nigerians / Corruption Threatens Nigeria – And Its Election  By Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by backtovillage: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2022
adioolayi:

The west want us to abandon oil exploration and move to clean energy...lots of campaign against the use of refined crude...How will Nation like Nigeria survive without this

We need to keep selling our oil....if they no buy, we will refine our crude and use by ourselves...

They should not tell us not to use refined crude..we contribute less to the climate wahala..

And if they feel we should do away with it at all cost...they should give us incentives to take care of our economy and development
Which development are you talking about?
This should be very simple
Developing nation will always be developing nation(africa) Africa has always being begging rich country no b now. When the rich country give them money, their leader take it back to the rich countries to invest.
Developed nation will always be develop nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by DeOTR: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

So true, the rest would continue wailing and pointing useless fingers at the west.

Climate change is a big scam played by the Elites on humanity as part of there agenda to achieve NWO.

Their is no scientific proof of climate change.

https://www.discoursemagazine.com/ideas/2022/05/02/the-fake-scientific-consensus-on-climate-change/
You sabi. Climate change is just an excuse to achieve their aims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 9:08am On Nov 12, 2022
bestman09:
@op, Buhari said all this? Is he even aware of what is climate change?

Just tell us that Buhari read the news about climate change as edited by garbage shehu
Of all leaders, Buhari takes climate change more serious.

Biden is just a disaster, Tbh we are tired of him

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2022
Ddworld:

What is great about this submission?

No sweat, we know this is above your intellectual level.
If it is to abuse, talk about sex or how naanu is the best thing after slice bread, na your level be that.

2 Likes

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Segzy19: 9:12am On Nov 12, 2022
You just captured the whole thing with your comment. The west is just silly
rexbuton:
Fossil fuels are the drivers of industrialization. Every great power utilized (or still utilizes) them.

It is hypocrisy to dictate to your neighbor on how to use his I-beta-pass-my-neighbour generator while the exhaust pipes from your Mikano are directly facing his only window.

African leaders and third-worlders must stop signing useless pacts and treaties.

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by TheAlchemist: 9:12am On Nov 12, 2022
BigYash:
grin . Buhari wrote all these?

Edited by Jubril...

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by MT: 9:13am On Nov 12, 2022
BigYash:
grin . Buhari wrote all these?

Don't be silly. No president in the world writes his own speech.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigYash: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2022
MT:

Don't be silly. No president in the world writes his own speech.
Did I mention your father's name in my comment.. Abi you dey mad ni?
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2022
dat9jaguy:

No sweat, we know this is above your intellectual level.
If it is to abuse, talk about sex or how naanu is the best thing after slice bread, na your level be that.

Is that what you are being asked? Please answer the question. Thank you
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

Most Africans like u lack foresight.

Is it the West that stopped Nigeria from building dams to avert the flooding we experienced this year?
When Hurricane struck parts of US sometime this Year did they point fingers at Africa or did they start rebuilding and making corrections?

You are in Nigeria and probably lived all your life in Nigeria, yet i know more about the country than you do.

Check Nigerian dams, you black Afrikaans disgust me so much.

Well, said President Buhari
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2022
rexbuton:
Fossil fuels are the drivers of industrialization. Every great power utilized (or still utilizes) them.

It is hypocrisy to dictate to your neighbor on how to use his I-beta-pass-my-neighbour generator while the exhaust pipes from your Mikano are directly facing his only window.

African leaders and third-worlders must stop signing useless pacts and treaties.

You are getting it all wrong. Do you understand what they call carbon sink? The natural carbon sink in Africa is abused heavily. You guys need to understand so many things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:
Idiot president talking as if he was aware that there was flooding in his country.

Was there any press statement from the presidency over this flooding or did he vist any of the affected places?

Failure of a president.
Stupi... negro.

whites treats u like trash, u all had better lived somewhere in saturn planet.
We, African-Americans are more sensible than our black-Afrikaan relatives.

Nice words from Buhari
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2022
backnbeta:

He can't even read it if it was written for him undecided
like you could even pronounce a word correctly.

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by MT: 9:27am On Nov 12, 2022
BigYash:
Did I mention your father's name in my comment.. Abi you dey mad ni?

So uncouth. Depraved. Madness unchained. You were laid on the rock and hatched by the sun. So obvious. Consider this my last thermonuclear exchange with you

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2022
Ddworld:

Is that what you are being asked? Please answer the question. Thank you

Well since it above your level, let me try and break it down to a simpler form(it's not my fault if you don't grasp).
The president was talking about the hypocrisy of the developed nations despite being the main contributors to climate change, which they used in developing their countries, are saying African countries should not use fossil energy without helping these African countries develop alternatives. Moreover, whenever these developed countries run into problems they fall back on fossil energy that they say Africans should not use.

This is a simplified version, learn.

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigYash: 9:31am On Nov 12, 2022
grin
MT:

So uncouth. Depraved. Madness unchained. You were laid on the rock and hatched by the sun. So obvious. Consider this my last thermonuclear exchange with you
You're obviously one of the yaba left patients. You probably skipped your medication last night.. grin Don't forget your medication this morning please.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2022
Ddworld:

You are getting it all wrong. Do you understand what they call carbon sink? The natural carbon sink in Africa is abused heavily. You guys need to understand so many things.

Then educate us.

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigBashiru: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2022
adioolayi:
I stand with President Muhammadu Buhari on this one...

The west should carry their matter for their own head....We are yet to attain industrialization....we contribute less to the effects not climate change...fund out infrastructure, education, health as an incentives for us to stop activities, which you have used in the past to develop your own Nations and now you think are detrimental to the environment.

Bola Tinubu said something like this and many called him names..

African leaders should riseup to this perceived inequalities.

We are not yet to attain industrialization, we have already attained industrialization.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by adioolayi(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2022
BigBashiru:

We are not yet to attain industrialization, we have already attained industrialization.

Nigeria is stalled on industrialization....We are not a Nation you can call Industrialised Nation...

We still import toothpaste, toothpick, handkerchief, textiles, tyres, iron rods, furniture, leather and leather materials not to mention refined crude products.

Sadly, we have the raw materials...but no industry to produce them..

We never reach!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/10/03/nigeria-at-61-the-need-for-industrialisation/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigBashiru: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2022
adioolayi:

Nigeria is stalled on industrialization....We are not a Nation you can call Industrialised Nation...

We still import toothpaste, toothpick, handkerchief, textiles, tyres, iron rods, furniture, leather and leather materials not to mention refined crude products.

Sadly, we have the raw materials...but no industry to produce them..

We never reach!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/10/03/nigeria-at-61-the-need-for-industrialisation/amp/

I agree but many other African countries (not Nigeria) are industrialized.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by traihit: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2022
Cho cho cho without an action to back it up.

That's how we fell for the "I am somebody, I belong to nobody" gimmicks.

He should have shown this by acting out an economic policy that'll stimulate massive industrialization in the past 7 years of ruling Nigeria. Instead, his policy is slowing our economic growth but now, he's presenting an applaudable speech.

When the Western lenders give him conditions to borrow, you'll see how the story will change. Hasn't the bible say that "The borrower is a slave to the lender"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigBashiru: 9:56am On Nov 12, 2022
backtovillage:

Which development are you talking about?
This should be very simple
Developing nation will always be developing nation(africa) Africa has always being begging rich country no b now. When the rich country give them money, their leader take it back to the rich countries to invest.
Developed nation will always be develop nation.

That is according to western media... A lot of their donations and "aid" are unsolicited.

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by ojoisimi(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2022
bestman09:
@op, Buhari said all this? Is he even aware of what is climate change?

Just tell us that Buhari read the news about climate change as edited by garbage shehu

You are the one who doesn't understand the perspective of his discourse. How you came up with this your questions upon all that's written.in the post amazes me
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 12, 2022
dat9jaguy:

Well since it above your level, let me try and break it down to a simpler form(it's not my fault if you don't grasp).
The president was talking about the hypocrisy of the developed nations despite being the main contributors to climate change, which they used in developing their countries, are saying African countries should not use fossil energy without helping these African countries develop alternatives. Moreover, whenever these developed countries run into problems they fall back on fossil energy that they say Africans should not use.

This is a simplified version, learn.

Now that is totally wrong. What you need to understand is that these Western world has contributed massively to strengthen their natural carbon sink and always looking for a way to reduc it's emissions.

The world needs carbon to survive but it has to be balance that is why you are them promoting NetZero which is balancing carbon emitted and it's mitigation. These are all the way of sustainability.

But you see Africa are depleting their natural carbon sink which pose a great problem. The support coming to Africa is not for them not to use their resources but should be sustainably managed.

I think you need to read more. Could remember when the president pledged 2million trees which will as well boost the natural carbon sink but did he do it?

Africans needs to learn the aspect of sustainability through carbon balancing. How many African countries even understand the NetZero vision?

My friend... Read more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by backnbeta(f): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2022
Princess80:
like you could even pronounce a word correctly.
Too bad, they've not started giving out free doctoral degrees where I bagged mine undecided
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2022
Princess80:
Stupi... negro.

whites treats u like trash, u all had better lived somewhere in saturn planet.
We, African-Americans are more sensible than our black-Afrikaan relatives.

Nice words from Buhari

Fool, is why you guys kill each other like fowls, have the highest out of wedlock kids and destroy cities like Detriot, Chicago E.t.c?

You are not sensible than your black relatives, you both are the same cloth cut out from the same material.
America would have been far better off without the extra burden of carrying clowns and parasites like you.

See how dumb and stupid you are, in the same comment you accused the whiteman of racism you are also feeling superior above your own kind(black)
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2022
Princess80:
You are in Nigeria and probably lived all your life in Nigeria, yet i know more about the country than you do.

Check Nigerian dams, you black Afrikaans disgust me so much.

Well, said President Buhari

See fool, you barely know me or my profession or where I have been to.

It's obvious you know nothing about Nigeria and most importantly before I forget, you do not know what a Dam is or look like.
Clown.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by seguntijan(m): 10:10am On Nov 12, 2022
Aftermath of Tinubu’s Holy Communion and the Church Rat Parable......
TINUBU'S EFFECT
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by 9jaRealist: 10:11am On Nov 12, 2022
Eagle360:
How will this administration pay loan borrow from China?
Next Year Nigerians will see shege

Loans from China constitute LESS THAN 10% of Nigeria’s foreign debt…
Abegi don’t let Western nations and colonialists who raped your nation/continent for decades infect you with anti-China BS!

We see airports, roads, dams, power plants, rail lines, etc., built with Chinese loans…
What exactly do we see from the billions of Eurobonds and other Western loans that our grandkids will likely be saddled with?
>
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2022
adioolayi:

The west want us to abandon oil exploration and move to clean energy...lots of campaign against the use of refined crude...How will Nation like Nigeria survive without this

We need to keep selling our oil....if they no buy, we will refine our crude and use by ourselves...

They should not tell us not to use refined crude..we contribute less to the climate wahala..

And if they feel we should do away with it at all cost...they should give us incentives to take care of our economy and development

This matter is not peculiar to Africa as most of you are insinuating, climate change is a HOAX played on humanity by Satanic elites.

This climate change issue has lead to lower Exploration for oil and gas that has given rise to higher gasoline prices even in Western world.

Most of its calm is not backed by facts, have you wonder why Saudi,Qatar,UAE are not bothered by this Climate change policy by the Western media?

Africa would continue to be behind unless their leaders wakeup and do the right thing which is to develop their economy's and infrastructure.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by ojoisimi(m): 10:14am On Nov 12, 2022
Ddworld:

What is great about this submission?

Read again without a biased mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joseph Hayab: Politicians Behind Plot To Arrest Emefiele / Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Is Well And Healthy / Ugwuanyi Signs Anti-Open Grazing Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.