Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari (13647 Views)

Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari / Look What Is Trending In South Africa About Nigerians / Corruption Threatens Nigeria – And Its Election  By Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by SIRTee15: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2022
African leaders should stop all this begibegi, rather they should come together n develop the continent.
If u guys think western nations with their semi-comatose economy can afford 100 billion dollars to give Africa, then greedy African leaders are sitting on a dung. That money is a mirage, it will never come.

Fire up your coal and natural gas, fvcking industrialise the continent. Don't wait for any white man to tell u what to do. Going green is a good idea, but not at the detriment of development.

If anything we should be leading in the renewable energy crusade, look at solar energy wasting away in Sahara desert. That region is a gold mine if harnessed properly. The heat from Sahara can provide electricity to whole Africa, we can also export the solar energy to rest of the world. That's how u replace natural gas and coal.
Africa is too blessed, we just have morons at the helm of affairs.

2 Likes

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by sematec(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2022
The crux of the matter is that Buhari need more money from western nations to tackle climate change. they created the mess for african and now ask you to reduce climate change effects through the use of green energies of non hydrocarbon source like solar while they keep exploiting african endowed natural resources
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2022
Princess80:
You are in Nigeria and probably lived all your life in Nigeria, yet i know more about the country than you do.

Check Nigerian dams, you black Afrikaans disgust me so much.

Well, said President Buhari

Is like the only achievement you have ever done in life ,is that you migrated or was fortunate to be born in US or wherever? is it how inferior you feel that you sing it and wear it as a badge, I live in the US.

Do you think US is what it is toady becos of blacks and ppl like you, who neither know there left from right?
Left for blacks and women, US would have been a 3rd world country just like Haiti and Liberia and Africa.

You hate the whites so much , but cannot do without their wigs,artificial nails,eyelashes, phones e.t.c.
You just a lowlife hypocrite.

I would comfortably feed you in Us dollars.
Clown.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by 9jaRealist: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2022
adioolayi:
Nigeria is stalled on industrialization....We are not a Nation you can call Industrialised Nation...

We still import toothpaste, toothpick, handkerchief, textiles, tyres, iron rods, furniture, leather and leather materials not to mention refined crude products.

Sadly, we have the raw materials...but no industry to produce them..

We never reach!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/10/03/nigeria-at-61-the-need-for-industrialisation/amp/

Incorrect! We may not (yet) be self-sufficient but every one of those products you listed are also made in Nigeria…
>
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by ojoisimi(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

Most Africans like u lack foresight.

Is it the West that stopped Nigeria from building dams to avert the flooding we experienced this year?
When Hurricane struck parts of US sometime this Year did they point fingers at Africa or did they start rebuilding and making corrections?

You mean the flooding caused by climate change? Who's responsible for it? Africans? Slave mentality
So, Africa should spend it's scarce resources to mitigate the effect of a disaster caused by westerner industrial activities?

Oga abeg swerve. Only a biased mind would counter the post.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2022
Ddworld:

Now that is totally wrong. What you need to understand is that these Western world has contributed massively to strengthen their natural carbon sink and always looking for a way to reduc it's emissions.

The world needs carbon to survive but it has to be balance that is why you are them promoting NetZero which is balancing carbon emitted and it's mitigation. These are all the way of sustainability.

But you see Africa are depleting their natural carbon sink which pose a great problem. The support coming to Africa is not for them not to use their resources but should be sustainably managed.

I think you need to read more. Could remember when the president pledged 2million trees which will as well boost the natural carbon sink but did he do it?

Africans needs to learn the aspect of sustainability through carbon balancing. How many African countries even understand the NetZero vision?

My friend... Read more

When our resources were strip off by the west to develop their industries, there was no talk of carbon balancing and whatnots but now that they have destroyed the climate to build their economy, the Africans can't do the same to also develop their own countries.
Agreed that the world needs carbon balancing but for the developed nations (that benefitted from this problem) not to assist poor African countries to develop other cleaner sources of energy is criminal.
They want to keep Africa perpetually dependent on them and they have willing agents in someone like you.

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by ojoisimi(m): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2022
funshint:
That's why Tinubu said "You can't prevent a Church rat from taking poisoned holy Communion" . The "Church rat" is Africa while Industrialization that can lead to climate change is the "poisoned holy Communion". In essence Tinubu is saying that Western countries can't stop us from industrializing just because you want to prevent the climate change you chiefly caused. Sometimes when a brilliant mind talks, you'll think he's mad. Tinubu's intelligence is exceptional!

Thank you sir. This should be more clear to those frothing from both sides of the mouth because it's like they are hellbent on ridiculing anything good thing from the president
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2022
dat9jaguy:

When our resources were strip off by the west to develop their industries, there was no talk of carbon balancing and whatnots but now that they have destroyed the climate to build their economy, the Africans can't do the same to also develop their own countries.
Agreed that the world needs carbon balancing but for the developed nations (that benefitted from this problem) not to assist poor African countries to develop other cleaner sources of energy is criminal.
They want to keep Africa perpetually dependent on them and they have willing agents in someone like you.

Which of your resources were stripped off? By who? Nobody wants to keep us to themselves. They are just warning us of the coming danger if we failed to plan.

Be open minded please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Ddworld:

Which of your resources were stripped off? By who? Nobody wants to keep us to themselves. They are just warning us of the coming danger if we failed to plan.

Be open minded please

Before African countries had independence where did you think all the mineral resources mined were taken to
The oil, gold, diamonds, uranium, cobalt etc were all from Africa and these were used to run their industries before anybody even knew what carbon emissions and their effects were. Now we can't also use these things we have to help ourselves, those that caused the problem are not ready to help.
That's why Tinubu said it is just like asking a church rat not to eat poisoned holy communion

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Truthshotcrazy: 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Kingzy4real:
I must confess, Buhari just read that Copy and paste article without understanding what he read
Easy on the vawulence grin
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 12, 2022
You don't get it at all and I don't have the strength to explain. I hope someone will.
Ddworld:

Now that is totally wrong. What you need to understand is that these Western world has contributed massively to strengthen their natural carbon sink and always looking for a way to reduc it's emissions.

The world needs carbon to survive but it has to be balance that is why you are them promoting NetZero which is balancing carbon emitted and it's mitigation. These are all the way of sustainability.

But you see Africa are depleting their natural carbon sink which pose a great problem. The support coming to Africa is not for them not to use their resources but should be sustainably managed.

I think you need to read more. Could remember when the president pledged 2million trees which will as well boost the natural carbon sink but did he do it?

Africans needs to learn the aspect of sustainability through carbon balancing. How many African countries even understand the NetZero vision?

My friend... Read more
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 12, 2022
If you don't heed to their stupid rules they will sanction you.
SIRTee15:
African leaders should stop all this begibegi, rather they should come together n develop the continent.
If u guys think western nations with their semi-comatose economy can afford 100 billion dollars to give Africa, then greedy African leaders are sitting on a dung. That money is a mirage, it will never come.

Fire up your coal and natural gas, fvcking industrialise the continent. Don't wait for any white man to tell u what to do. Going green is a good idea, but not at the detriment of development.

If anything we should be leading in the renewable energy crusade, look at solar energy wasting away in Sahara desert. That region is a gold mine if harnessed properly. The heat from Sahara can provide electricity to whole Africa, we can also export the solar energy to rest of the world. That's how u replace natural gas and coal.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Scamburster(m): 11:02am On Nov 12, 2022
DenreleDave:
grin Thank You Tinubu, U spoke the mind of the world. now buhari is confirming it

Peter Obi is the most incompetent and failure of a person to understand how things work and how it should be...

The gce holder was asked about climate change, he said he is not informed about it. How can a presidential can be this du nce.....? You dont know abt climate change but you are running your mouth like tap water...

Tinubu gave the perfect answer and you can see Joe biden releasing funds for Africa concerning this climate change..

Peter Obi will be made the minister of errands when tinubu wins..... he sabi run errand the way he did for his gale partner atiku

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Doyou2019: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2022
bestman09:
@op, Buhari said all this? Is he even aware of what is climate change?

Just tell us that Buhari read the news about climate change as edited by garbage shehu

Someone definitely wrote that brilliant piece for him. Nonetheless, it felt good having someone like our President do this for Nigeria and the rest of Africa.

The West too dey do on top this climate change palaver ojare and their hypocrisy no be here.

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

See fool, you barely know me or my profession or where I have been to.

It's obvious you know nothing about Nigeria and most importantly before I forget, you do not know what a Dam is or look like.
Clown.
I do not have to know everything about Nigeria but its clear you do not know Nigeria got dams.

Oh, i am half Nigeria too and will still be considered a Nigerian.
so Bleep ya
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 11:26am On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

Fool, is why you guys kill each other like fowls, have the highest out of wedlock kids and destroy cities like Detriot, Chicago E.t.c?

You are not sensible than your black relatives, you both are the same cloth cut out from the same material.
America would have been far better off without the extra burden of carrying clowns and parasites like you.

See how dumb and stupid you are, in the same comment you accused the whiteman of racism you are also feeling superior above your own kind(black)
Yes, i am above the blacks who hate their own country.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 12, 2022
atmy1:
You don't get it at all and I don't have the strength to explain. I hope someone will.

grin grin grin

Okay. Good luck with your understanding
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigBashiru: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2022
SIRTee15:

Fire up your coal and natural gas, fvcking industrialise the continent. Don't wait for any white man to tell u what to do. Going green is a good idea, but not at the detriment of development .

the western european savages understand the bolded which is why they have reverted back to burning coal....the western european is a savage in need of native american and african civilization.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigBashiru: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

Is like the only achievement you havecever done in life ,is that you migrated or was fortunate to be born in US or wherever? is how inferior you feel that you sing it and wear it as a badge, I live in the US.

Do you think US is what it is toady becos of blacks and ppl like you, who neither know there left from right?
Left for blacks and women, US would have been a 3rd world country just like Haiti and Liberia and Africa.

You hate the whites so much , but cannot do without their wigs,artificial nails,eyelashes, phones e.t.c.
Yiu just a lowlife hypocrite.

I would comfortably feed you in Us dollars.
Clown.
You are brainwashed by the western european savages....
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
ojoisimi:

You mean the flooding caused by climate change? Who's responsible for it? Africans? Slave mentality
So, Africa should spend it's scarce resources to mitigate the effect of a disaster caused by westerner industrial activities?

Oga abeg swerve. Only a biased mind would counter the post.

Your reasoning is epic.

No problem Nigeria should stop constructing drainage becos the west caused climate change.

Ppl like you are the reason Africa is a shithole and 3rd world continent.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

Clown, you are above yourself not anybody.

But you hate your fellow blacks? hypocrite.
Oh, dont be foolish honey.

I do not hate black, infact i am proud of my skin, its a skin that doesnt break.

What i hate are blacks that hate their origin and their constitution.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2022
dat9jaguy:

Before African countries had independence where did you think all the mineral resources mined were taken to
The oil, gold, diamonds, uranium, cobalt etc were all from Africa and these were used to run their industries before anybody even knew what carbon emissions and their effects were. Now we can't also use these things we have to help ourselves, those that caused the problem are not ready to help.
That's why Tinubu said it is just like asking a church rat not to eat poisoned holy communion

Joker.

Oil has been exploited and produced in US for 100years before oil was first discovered in Nigeria.
Same with other resources, stop fooling yourself with the delusion that Europeans depended on African resources to develop.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2022
BigBashiru:

I agree but many other African countries (not Nigeria) are industrialized.

Apart from South Africa and maybe Egypt and Libya which other country is industrialised in Africa?
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2022
9jaRealist:

Loans from China constitute LESS THAN 10% of Nigeria’s foreign debt…
Abegi don’t let Western nations and colonialists who raped your nation/continent for decades infect you with anti-China BS!

We see airports, roads, dams, power plants, rail lines, etc., built with Chinese loans…
What exactly do we see from the billions of Eurobonds and other Western loans that our grandkids will likely be saddled with?
>

Are you this ingnorant?
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

Joker.

Oil has been exploited and produced in US for 100years before oil was first discovered in Nigeria.
Same with other resources, stop fooling yourself with the delusion that Europeans depended on African resources to develop.

OK o, I hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngige Scores Peter Obi 7% In 7 Years / Joseph Hayab: Politicians Behind Plot To Arrest Emefiele / Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Is Well And Healthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.