Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari (13653 Views)

Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari / Look What Is Trending In South Africa About Nigerians / Corruption Threatens Nigeria – And Its Election  By Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Princess80(f): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
blueAgent:

I laugh at your entitled arrogance, from a fool who does not know her naive she sounds.

You think everyone in Nigeria live on less than a dollar?
You do
Am well paid in my profession, am not hungry neither am a lowlife like you.
You are paid $30 a month, hahaha

After all your ranting you are still black and still dumb and stupid like other blacks, no matter how you try to sound intelligent, your naivety keep giving you away as a lowlife clown.
Blacks are not dumb, you are.

There is no point tradeing words with you, becos it would mean falling to your level, Lowlife.
oh come, tired already?
Isnt it risibly rich?
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Panda7(m): 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2022
Eagle360:
How will this administration pay loan borrow from China?
Next Year Nigerians will see shege
stop conning problem, we are not dead yet we can pay back their money in 50 or 100 years.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by omobolade980: 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2022
Interestingly daftInterestingly daft...
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by CodeTemplar: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
Shameless old thing. How are the developed nations responsible for your inability to rule over your own house? From top to bottom, the system is filled with Mongoloid idiōts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by writeprof(m): 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
naptu2:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/11/09/nigerian-president-cop27-africa-climate-change/

Picture 2 = An aerial view of the flooded Obagi community in Ahoada, Rivers state, Nigeria, on Oct. 22. (Temilade Adelaja/REUTERS)

I wonder how much was paid Washington Post for this
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2022
Princess80:
Oh, dont be foolish honey.

I do not hate black, infact i am proud of my skin, its a skin that doesnt break.

What i hate are blacks that hate their origin and their constitution.

Lowlife, are you a janitor or something?
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by jojothaiv(m): 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2022
rexbuton:
Fossil fuels are the drivers of industrialization. Every great power utilized (or still utilizes) them.

It is hypocrisy to dictate to your neighbor on how to use his I-beta-pass-my-neighbour generator while the exhaust pipes from your Mikano are directly facing his only window.

African leaders and third-worlders must stop signing useless pacts and treaties.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by sulaak(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Glad that the Western media published the news.
How many vehicles,industries, power plants do we have in Africa?
Africa burn less than 10% of annual fossil fuel world wide.
It is high time African leaders start speaking up against the Western hypocrites!

That is because we have lazy leaders. What is stopping Nigeria building factories and power plants.

Let's not blame our failures on others. Buhari is the minister of petroleum, where the entire Niger Delta has been polluted, and 700K barrels of oil are stolen daily. More than 200 billion in oil has been stolen in 6 years under the Buhari government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
Kingzy4real:
I must confess, Buhari just read that Copy and paste article without understanding what he read
you are too ignorant. Presidents don't write their speeches. As long as it is tweeted from his account he's the one saying it. As long as he is verbally articulating it, he is the one saying it.
If he tweeted death to America you would be saying look at what Buhari tweeted but now that he said something great you don't want to admit he's the one saying it. whoever wrote it, he appointed the person to write it for him so he's the one saying it. do you get it now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by 9jaRealist: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2022
blueAgent:
Are you this ingnorant?

Dude, I ignore insults…
They merely betray your lack of a substantive argument and a crude personal upbringing. Do better! undecided
>
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by naptu2: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2022
Yoweri Museveni is the President of Uganda and Will Ross is a BBC reporter.

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2022
9jaRealist:

Dude, I ignore insults…
They merely betray your lack of a substantive argument and a crude personal upbringing. Do better! undecided
>

You wrote something that makes little or no sense and you want me and ppl to over look it?
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by 9jaRealist: 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2022
blueAgent:
You wrote something that makes little or no sense and you want me and ppl to over look it?

At least, you are smart enough to rid yourself of the juvenile and crass insults…
Nonetheless, education and enlightenment should be a lifelong undertaking, and what you don’t know you should ask (or check).

Chinese loans constitute LESS THAN 4% of Nigeria’s total debt stock (see DMO figures below)…
As of October, it was 9.47% of Nigeria’s external debt (and less than 12% even after recent Eurobond redemptions).

Meanwhile, feel free to answer the question I posed…
We have airports, dams, roads, rail lines, power plants, etc., built with Chinese loans, what was built with Eurobonds?!

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/facts-about-chinese-loans-to-nigeria

PS: Chinese loans (currently spread over 15 infrastructure projects in Nigeria) have the BEST terms, at par with developmental institution loans such as the World Bank’s - an average of about 20-25 year repayment period, average of about 2.5% interest rate and a 5-7 year MORATORIUM! Don’t let Westerners and their Nigerian/African parrots, badly MISEDUCATED on cram-and-regurgitate “repeat-after-me” fare sell you on their anti-China BS. The REAL value of education should be the capacity for INDEPENDENT thought and opinion. Africans should avoid (and even challenge) China on several issues, but should NOT simply PARROT Western BS on the issue of Chinese loans!
>
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2022
9jaRealist:

At least, you are smart enough to rid yourself of the juvenile and crass insults…
Nonetheless, education and enlightenment should be a lifelong undertaking, and what you don’t know you should ask (or check).

Chinese loans constitute LESS THAN 4% of Nigeria’s total debt stock (see DMO figures below)…
As of October, it was 9.47% of Nigeria’s external debt (and less than 12% even after recent Eurobond redemptions).

Meanwhile, feel free to answer the question I posed…
We have airports, dams, roads, rail lines, power plants, etc., built with Chinese loans, what was built with Eurobonds?!

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/facts-about-chinese-loans-to-nigeria

PS: Chinese loans (currently spread over 15 infrastructure projects in Nigeria) have the BEST terms, at par with developmental institution loans such as the World Bank’s - an average of about 20-25 year repayment period, average of about 2.5% interest rate and a 5-7 year MORATORIUM! Don’t let Westerners and their Nigerian/African parrots, badly MISEDUCATED on cram-and-regurgitate “repeat-after-me” fare sell you on their anti-China BS. The REAL value of education should be the capacity for INDEPENDENT thought and opinion. Africans should avoid (and even challenge) China on several issues, but should NOT simply PARROT Western BS on the issue of Chinese loans!
>

You are still not making any sense.

Are the West responsible for how the loans they gave is spent?

The Chinese gave you 10naria at 1% intrest with the conditions that they would be the ones to build,supply building materials and in some cases operate those infrastructure, who is cheating who?
Can you explain to me why Japan,South Korea, Singapore, UAE, Malaysia and many other countries borrow from Western lenders and they still prosper and do better than the African countries ?
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by 9jaRealist: 1:00am On Nov 14, 2022
blueAgent:
You are still not making any sense.

Are the West responsible for how the loans they gave is spent?

The Chinese gave you 10naria at 1% intrest with the conditions that they would be the ones to build,supply building materials and in some cases operate those infrastructure, who is cheating who?
Can you explain to me why Japan,South Korea, Singapore, UAE, Malaysia and many other countries borrow from Western lenders and they still prosper and do better than the African countries ?

Strawman Argument… undecided
Abegi quit debating IRRELEVANT arguments that were never raised.

My points were quit succinct…
Our Chinese debt is minuscule and the terms are extremely favorable, and thus not unsustainable.

Meanwhile, I NEVER “blamed” ANYBODY for how Nigerians/Africans use (or misuse) loan…
I nonetheless blame “repeat-after-me” Nigerians/Africans who simply PARROT the West’s anti-Chinese loans BS!

PS: Just in case you remain befuddled, my riposte to those “repeat-after-me” Nigerians/Africans ignorantly bemoaning Chinese loans remains (even apart from the favorable virtually ‘concessionary’ terms) that at least they’re project-tied and we can actually see the projects for which the loans were taken while most Nigerians can’t point to a single project the much bigger (and expensive) bundle of Eurobonds have yielded (apart from underwriting BLOATED RECURRENT expenditure for the most part). That’s what should bother Nigerians/Africans rather than regurgitating the banal “repeat-after-me” anti-Chinese loan drivel they’ve imbibed from their Western/colonial paymasters. SMH
>

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 1:17am On Nov 14, 2022
9jaRealist:

Strawman Argument… undecided
Abegi quit debating IRRELEVANT arguments that were never raised.

My points were quit succinct…
Our Chinese debt is minuscule and the terms are extremely favorable, and thus not unsustainable.

Meanwhile, I NEVER “blamed” ANYBODY for how Nigerians/Africans use (or misuse) loan…
I nonetheless blame “repeat-after-me” Nigerians/Africans who simply PARROT the West’s anti-Chinese loans BS!

PS: Just in case you remain befuddled, my riposte to those “repeat-after-me” Nigerians/Africans ignorantly bemoaning Chinese loans remains (even apart from the favorable virtually ‘concessionary’ terms) that at least they’re project-tied and we can actually see the projects for which the loans were taken while most Nigerians can’t point to a single project the much bigger (and expensive) bundle of Eurobonds have yielded (apart from underwriting BLOATED RECURRENT expenditure for the most part). That’s what should bother Nigerians/Africans rather than regurgitating the banal “repeat-after-me” anti-Chinese loan drivel they’ve imbibed from their Western/colonial paymasters. SMH
>

It's obvious you don't read much.

Nigeria took loans from Eurobonds for certain purposes which they failed to utilize it for, the blame is on Nigerian government.

its obvious you are ingnorant of the Chinese and how they use their loans to their on advantage.

Go and ask Angola,Sir Lanka,Uganda and several other countries.

Secondly the 4refineries, steel plant, Aluminium smelting company, auto assembly plants and several other establishment owned by government, were partly or totally funded by Loans from Western and bilateral lenders.

Were are the railway,dams,power plants and infrastructure you claim Chinese loans were used for, is this half substandard projects which most of them are uncompleted or abandoned, eg Abuja railway or metro way.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by 9jaRealist: 1:45am On Nov 14, 2022
undecided
blueAgent:
It's obvious you don't read much.

Nigeria took loans from Eurobonds for certain purposes which they failed to utilize it for, the blame is on Nigerian government.

its obvious you are ingnorant of the Chinese and how they use their loans to their on advantage.

Go and ask Angola,Sir Lanka,Uganda and several other countries.

Secondly the 4refineries, steel plant, Aluminium smelting company, auto assembly plants and several other establishment owned by government, were partly or totally funded by Loans from Western and bilateral lenders.

Were are the railway,dams,power plants and infrastructure you claim Chinese loans were used for, is this half substandard projects which most of them are uncompleted or abandoned, eg Abuja railway or metro way.

More Strawman Arguments…SMH undecided
WHO CARES who is to “blame” for how Nigerians/Africans use (or misuse) foreign loans?!

Unless you are belaboring under a significant comprehension deficit, that was NEVER my point…
For the umpteenth time, Chinese loans are a MINUSCULE part of Nigeria’s loan stock and thus shouldn’t be a source of bother.

Furthermore, their terms are extremely FAVORABLE and we can see the projects for which they were taken…
Accordingly, MISEDUCATED “repeat-after-me” Africans/Nigerians should quit regurgitating Western anti-Chinese loan BS!

The real value of an education should be the capacity for INDEPENDENT thought and opinion, and since education and enlightenment should be a lifelong undertaking, those who did not know that Chinese loans are minuscule and on favorable terms should ASK or research, instead of simply regurgitating banal tiresome Western/colonial anti-Chinese loan rhetoric. SMH
>

1 Like

Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by 9jaRealist: 2:24am On Nov 14, 2022
blueAgent:

Apart from the Abuja Metro light rail, the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge line, Lagos-Ibadan SGR line, completion of the Warri-Itakpe SGR line, the Ogbomosho, Papalanto, Zengeru, Olorosungo I and II, etc., the new Abuja, Lagos MMIA, Port Harcourt, Kano MAKIA and Enugu Akanu Ibiam terminals, the Lekki Deepsea Port, etc., were all built with LOW INTEREST Chinese loans.

If Nigeria and NIGERIANS cannot properly use, maintain, or sustain those projects, or if NIGERIAN bandits and/or terrorists attack, destroy or otherwise render such projects unusable or unserviceable, why are you blaming NIGERIAN INEPTITUDE on Chinese loans?! Are the “4 refineries, steel plant (presumably Aladja), Aluminum smelter plant, auto assembly plants” etc. (that YOU cited) financed with Western liars and built by Western contractors equally “half substandard projects” since they have all long since packed up shortly afterwards?!

PS: BTW, how are Chinese loans for projects to be executed by Chinese companies any different from the loan that Nigeria took from Germany for the Siemens power distribution project (particularly, when the Chinese loans are virtually ‘concessionary’ with low interest rates, long repayment tenure and a moratorium on repayment)?!
>
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2022
9jaRealist:

Apart from the Abuja Metro light rail, the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge line, Lagos-Ibadan SGR line, completion of the Warri-Itakpe SGR line, the Ogbomosho, Papalanto, Zengeru, Olorosungo I and II, etc., the new Abuja, Lagos MMIA, Port Harcourt, Kano MAKIA and Enugu Akanu Ibiam terminals, the Lekki Deepsea Port, etc., were all built with LOW INTEREST Chinese loans.

If Nigeria and NIGERIANS cannot properly use, maintain, or sustain those projects, or if NIGERIAN bandits and/or terrorists attack, destroy or otherwise render such projects unusable or unserviceable, why are you blaming NIGERIAN INEPTITUDE on Chinese loans?! Are the “4 refineries, steel plant (presumably Aladja), Aluminum smelter plant, auto assembly plants” etc. (that YOU cited) financed with Western liars and built by Western contractors equally “half substandard projects” since they have all long since packed up shortly afterwards?!

PS: BTW, how are Chinese loans for projects to be executed by Chinese companies any different from the loan that Nigeria took from Germany for the Siemens power distribution project (particularly, when the Chinese loans are virtually ‘concessionary’ with low interest rates, long repayment tenure and a moratorium on repayment)?!
>

Ok, you shot yourself on the foot, your same argument has come to hunt you.

90% of those projects you mentioned were already awarded and some partly executed by previous administration with funds from other sources only for this fraudulent administration to take more loans on behalf on such projects.

Do you know the difference from bi -lateral ,and non bilateral loans?
The German loans falls under Bi-lateral loans.

The others given to countries by IMF,World Bank e.t.c are non Bi-lateral, all the benefits you claim the Chinese loans come with are also given by multilateral lenders even on better terms, no multilateral lender would seize your asset like China does,
Multilateral lenders would not force any contractor on you compared to the Chinese.
Besides the Chinese financed projects are substandard and are done to enrich themselves.

Angola,Sirilanka and many other countries are examples of China debt trap.

Am sure you have never done business,travelled or worked with or for Chinese ppl, I have.

You just inexperienced.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by blueAgent(m): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2022
9jaRealist:
undecided

More Strawman Arguments…SMH undecided
WHO CARES who is to “blame” for how Nigerians/Africans use (or misuse) foreign loans?!

Unless you are belaboring under a significant comprehension deficit, that was NEVER my point…
For the umpteenth time, Chinese loans are a MINUSCULE part of Nigeria’s loan stock and thus shouldn’t be a source of bother.

Furthermore, their terms are extremely FAVORABLE and we can see the projects for which they were taken…
Accordingly, MISEDUCATED “repeat-after-me” Africans/Nigerians should quit regurgitating Western anti-Chinese loan BS!

The real value of an education should be the capacity for INDEPENDENT thought and opinion, and since education and enlightenment should be a lifelong undertaking, those who did not know that Chinese loans are minuscule and on favorable terms should ASK or research, instead of simply regurgitating banal tiresome Western/colonial anti-Chinese loan rhetoric. SMH
>

Are you that ingnorant?
Chinese loans are the 2nd highest loans owed by Nigeria.

You are anti Western, it obvious that has clouded your reasoning.

Yiu would have given us facts and comparison of Western loans vs Chinese loans.

I don't need Western media to tell me about the Chinese and their loans, I have worked and done business with them.

You are naive to Chinese business practices.
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by BigBashiru: 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
blueAgent:

Apart from South Africa and maybe Egypt and Libya which other country is industrialised in Africa?

Nigeria is actually very industrialized but the industries are agro-allied...
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Sladem05: 6:46pm On Apr 28
BigBashiru:

Nigeria is actually very industrialized but the industries are agro-allied...

Nigeria being very industrialised my ass. Where did you pull that one out of?😂😂
Re: How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari by Sladem05: 6:47pm On Apr 28
BigBashiru:

We are not yet to attain industrialization, we have already attained industrialization.

How delusional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman / Ize-Iyamu Still Under Probe –EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.