Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? (16434 Views)

Crime Suspect Sings For Police During Interrogation (Video) / England: Serial Killer To Marry Lesbian Lover, A Street Robber She Met In Jail / Thief Stuck On The Roof Top While Trying To Enter A Shop To Steal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by ebuclassic18(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
They're currently releasing those arrested during endsars and most of them are innocent since 2020 very bad
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by teejay29(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
In sane clime it's not normal but for naija na normal tin

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by illicit(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
Probz:

Yes.

I have been to Biafra
In Imo, every 5 minutes check point

Passengers will have to come down from the vehicle and walk pass fierce millitary
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Midemi1: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
In a sane world, it is not possible or normal, but in Nigeria,it's more than possible.
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Babaken(m): 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
sucreblazing:
Probably a crime was committed in the area and investigation is on going, but trust the Nigerian police to cash out from the situation
My brother forget if any crime is committed there or not back then in upper lawani in Benin cool evening when guys are back from work taking one bottle or watching match you will see them drop from their hilux start chasing every one one's they catch you on the way to police station you will start negotiating your bail out if you didn't cooperate straight to police station.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by meobizy(f): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2022
No, but “we live in a society” which isn’t normal. It’s an African solution to an African problem.
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by FireUpNow(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2022
Askari dey look for weekend upkeep na. For Naija coti fit do anything dem want
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Aether(m): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2022
Are the personnel of the Nigeria police force normal themselves?
How do expect abnormal people to behave in a normal and rational manner.
Let them take psychological evaluation and you'll see a lot of them actually have personality disorders among other psychopathologies.
It's unfortunate, but it's expected
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2022
I follow= 20k, I no follow 10k! You're asking as if you know sabi your country again.
The agberos in black and black will soon start using danfo buses to pick up those coming back from their working places in the evening.. It had happened before.
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by oweman: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2022
On reasonable suspicion nothing stop the police from arresting anyone with or without warrant !
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by saladinnoir: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2022
Brendaniel:
It only happens in the south, you don't see this happening in the north

So much for ONE NIGERIA - one country - TWO LAWS

I see things like this everywhere, bros it's a lie ooo. I live in the north, it happens just as much here as there. I've seen it with my own two eyes. The reason why you don't hear is cos of high illiteracy and poverty
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by emerged01(m): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
It is not normal at all but i don see where police dey beat people,both young and old. My landlord was opening gate for his wife to drive out before you know dem bounce on am,an old man o. Person wey just come back US,den beat am. My body dey shake as I dey watch the scene through window. Na so dem beat another young landlord. Na there I know say God saved me.
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ustec:
It's normal in Nigeria.

It is normal in the south because the people over there are not normal and irrational beings.

It's not normal in the north because the people over there are normal people that behave rational.
You sound like someone whose senses are not complete.
Is it not the hypocritical animals called Hisbah who are arresting you fools for dressing in a certain way, drinking alcohol and so on.
Honestly you sound like a true Northern ape
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Menclothing: 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2022
In Nigeria its a normal rubbish system Nigeria police are the most useless on earth
They only arrest criminal to collect share
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Vallyview: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ustec:
It's normal in Nigeria.

It is normal in the south because the people over there are not normal and irrational beings.

It's not normal in the north because the people over there are normal people that behave rational.
You mean like banditry and boko haram?
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by donsheddy1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2022
The name of the street is a threat to national security. You guys need to be locked up grin
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by redbull5: 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2022
The question should have been "is it right?" because arresting people on the street without offence has always been a normal routine by the npf.
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by stacyadams: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2022
Na y I don comot hand from beer parlour,,I dey my indoors ,people still complain...I no get money to dash any officers... I mind my business grin
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by KennethEnyi(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2022
Look at the locations sef na only agboro and useless boys dey there na why they no go raid?
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by KennethEnyi(m): 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2022
To the best of my knowledge Nigeria police can do whatever the fuc.k they want and get away with it no repercussions whatsoever
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Revolva(m): 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
See question na today u de naija DPO wan buy new clothes and pay his children school fees na so his boys must hustle and if dem catch u..i no follow na 5k
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by merit1988(f): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
Is it abnormal? cool
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Cde1: 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2022
Yeah
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by FarukuWadata12(m): 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
Sometimes they did such things when there's a crime committed, and sometimes they did such things when they need money. And for whatever reason guilty or not the police will make money when they arrested you. I hate Nigerian police with passion, they are like bandits with uniform.
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Pat081: 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
Police are useless this can only happen in a lawless state I hear that it happen in ogooluwa area too one of my friends that base in Osun tell me that when i call them this morning the funny thing is that they know who they are looking for ooo but they will not go after them
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by EJEHSON(m): 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
You are looking for people's validation to engage security operatives abi. It will end in premium tears for you. You might not even live to tell the story
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by ifechukwu736: 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2022
You must be new in Nijeria to be asking this question.You must be new in Nijeria to be asking this question....
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Eaglesence: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2022
nlfpmod:
Twitter User, Shunvilla asks Osun Police:

https://twitter.com/shunvilla/status/1590742143685259264

I was at the ikoyi prison abt a week ago with some church brethren for outreach. While there, an office mentioned to us that in our nigerian society, it is a crime to wonder about. Said some couple of peeps are in the cell for just that.
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Pat081: 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
Babaken:
My brother forget if any crime is committed there or not back then in upper lawani in Benin cool evening when guys are back from work taking one bottle or watching match you will see them drop from their hilux start chasing every one one's they catch you on the way to police station you will start negotiating your bail out if you didn't cooperate straight to police station.
that is why you can never see them do well after the job
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Grandemperor(m): 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2022
Are you asking, if it is the norm or is it proper? All of the above. Name any country in the world. I've been around the world and back again; it remains the same everywhere! For no justifiable reason......

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/07/florida-cops-arrested-random-black-people-to-boost-stats.html
Re: Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? by Segto: 1:18am On Nov 13, 2022
Well, i guess you are welcome to the party served from black men in black uniform with black mentality grin. Once again, welcome to the Zoo-party

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo Court Jails 10 Fraudsters For 17 Years / Missing 4-Year-Old Girl Dies In Bauchi (Photos) / Mohammed Audu Charged With Armed Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.