Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander (6904 Views)

Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) / Cost Of 2 Story Building Semi-detached 2 Bedroom Flat / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
Welcome to my thread.
We're here again for another a construction of one story building for a Nairalander. This time around, we'll keenly follow the building codes with no compromises.
Note: Pls You can only manage materials in a Bungalow house.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2022
Clearing
Pegging_ I always pegged with 12 pegging sticks in other to save cost.
Excavations in progress
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
Men at Work
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 5:47am On Nov 17, 2022
Men at Work
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Godisgreatest1: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2022
Sir, please in the 3rd picture why is the foundation of the bungalow next to your foundation so high?, how many block levels could that be?. Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2022
Godisgreatest1:
Sir, please in the 3rd picture why is the foundation of the bungalow next to your foundation so high?, how many block levels could that be?. Thank you Sir.
It's because of the terrain of the land. The land is downward sloping to the back where my ongoing project is. I was not the Engineer that handled the project so I can't say much on it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Godisgreatest1: 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2022
olukaygold:
It's because of the terrain of the land. The land is downward sloping to the back where my ongoing project is. I was not the Engineer that handled the project so I can't say much on it. Thanks

Ok Sir, well done.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2022
Done with foundations block settings,Casting of the foundation columns in Progress. Filling the foundation up next.

GoldenView

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by MrOkenwa(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
Well done. wink

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
MrOkenwa:
Well done. wink
Thank You sir
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2022
Work in Progress.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2022
olukaygold:
Men at Work
Pls what is the thickness of this iron bars? What is the thickness of the stirrups? What is the spacing between these stirrups to each other?
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akerewe:

Pls what is the thickness of this iron bars? What is the thickness of the stirrups? What is the spacing between these stirrups to each other?
Stirrups space_40cm
Iron bar_10mm to ring 16mm Column
8mm to ring 12mm column
Either 8mm or Quarter rod to ring 12mm windows/Doors beams

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
Foundations Filled and Manually Rammed.
First Stage of Plumbing work done.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
olukaygold:

Stirrups _12mm
Iron bar_10mm to ring 16mm Column
8mm to ring 12mm column
Either 8mm or Quarter rod to ring 12mm windows/Doors beams

Oh! Thanks Chief, u mean it's not possible for 8mm ring stirrups to hold 16mm pillars bar?
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akerewe:

Oh! Thanks Chief, u mean it's not possible for 8mm ring stirrups to hold 16mm pillars bar?
You can sir, infact 8mm is the minimum for Stirrups but you'll need accurate spacing of 40cm(16"wink. But For 10mm, I always use 51cm(20"wink.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
olukaygold:

You can sir, infact 8mm is the minimum for Stirrups but you'll need accurate spacing of 40cm(16"wink. But For 10mm, I always use 51cm(20"wink.

Is 40cm not too much?
I plan using 200mm for the stirrups on 16mm tiger TMT bar
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 2:20am On Dec 07, 2022
Akerewe:

Is 40cm not too much?
I plan using 200mm for the stirrups on 16mm tiger TMT bar
Who recommended it? The spacing can go between 40cm-60cm. But if you can afford it to be 20cm Stirrups space,then you're Good to Go.

Don't forget to Patronize Us.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by folmus: 7:40am On Dec 07, 2022
Following!
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2022
olukaygold:

Who recommended it? The spacing can go between 40cm-60cm. But if you can afford it to be 20cm Stirrups space,then you're Good to Go.

Don't forget to Patronize Us.

Actually it's for a storey building, I read it online that it should be around 20cm for a storey building especially for columns.
No whaala, it's just a small building inside a well populated city. When we have big one, no wahala. Noted!
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2022
Akerewe:

Actually it's for a storey building, I read it online that it should be around 20cm for a storey building especially for columns.
No whaala, it's just a small building inside a well populated city. When we have big one, no wahala. Noted!
Not all these online stories You've to be following because they only drop reviews based on the kinds Project they're Handling, I.e You can't compare Reinforcement Columns of 6Story Building with the way you'd reinforce a 1story building. The stirrups spacing of 10cm is not for a Story building.Involve a Professional Builder on your building or atleast ask two or more Artisans for reviews, if not, You'd spend more/Waste Money on Materials when handling it by Yourself.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
olukaygold:

Not all these online stories You've to be following because they only drop reviews based on the kind Project they're Handling. The stirrups spacing of 10cm is not for a Story building.Involve a Professional Builder on your building or atleast ask two or more Artisans for reviews, if not, You'd spend more/Waste Money on Materials when handling it by Yourself.

Ok no wahala, noted. Although my engineer said it could be 300 or thereabouts, but I decided to leave it like that.

Moreso, what is ur view about the mixing ratio of sharp sand 5 headpan, granite 3/4 size 4 headpan, 1 bag if cement.
Thanks engineer

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
Akerewe:

Ok no wahala, noted. Although my engineer said it could be 300 or thereabouts, but I decided to leave it like that.

Moreso, what is ur view about the mixing ratio of sharp sand 5 headpan, granite 3/4 size 4 headpan, 1 bag if cement.
Thanks engineer
You misinterpreted the Mixing Proportion sir, 3headpan(Sand), 6headpan(Granite),1bag of cement which is 1:2:3(M20 Grade) Is okay for a story building sir.
Modified
It's 1:1.5:3 concrete mixing ratio for M20 strength Grades
Though I go for M15 strength Grades.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
olukaygold:

You misinterpreted the Mixing Proportion sir, 4headpan(Sand), 6headpan(Granite),1bag of cement which is 1:2:3(M20 Grade) Is okay for a story building sir.

Thanks Chief, really appreciate
what size of granite r u referring to? Am using 3/4 size
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Akerewe:

Thanks Chief, really appreciate
what size of granite r u referring to? Am using 3/4 size
Yes sir,You can use it.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
olukaygold:

Yes sir,You can use it.

Thanks Chief engineer

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2022
olukaygold:

You misinterpreted the Mixing Proportion sir, 4headpan(Sand), 6headpan(Granite),1bag of cement which is 1:2:3(M20 Grade) Is okay for a story building sir.

Pls engineer which one is better for columns and beam for a storey building? 3/4 granite size or or 1inch granite size and what is the right mixing ratio for each of the size
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2022
Akerewe:

Pls engineer which one is better for columns and beam for a storey building? 3/4 granite size or or 1inch granite size and what is the right mixing ratio for each of the size
Depending on the size of your columns, and beams. 3/4 granite size is the standard size for a story building sir.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 10:35am On Dec 08, 2022
olukaygold:

Depending on the size of your columns, and beams. 3/4 granite size is the standard size for a story building sir.

Hmm, I av a serious problem with this oo. I ordered for a 3/4 granite yesterday the bricklayer told the supplier to supply 1 inch and he obliged oo. What can I do now now with this 1 inch granite supplied!
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2022
Akerewe:

Hmm, I av a serious problem with this oo. I ordered for a 3/4 granite yesterday the bricklayer told the supplier to supply 1 inch and he obliged oo. What can I do now now with this 1 inch granite supplied!
You can manage it sir, but try to follow 30cm stirrups spaceing for foundation columns and 40cm stirrups spacing after DPC,this would prevent skipping/hanging when pouring the concrete. Pls try to text or call me for any enquiry, I'm offering free consultation. my thread is already derailed sir

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2022
Work in Progress
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
olukaygold:

You can manage it sir, but try to follow 30cm stirrups spaceing for foundation columns and 40cm stirrups spacing after DPC,this would prevent skipping/hanging when pouring the concrete. Pls try to text or call me for any enquiry, I'm offering free consultation. my thread is already derailed sir

Thanks Chief engineer, God bless you immensely for the insight.
Pls what is the long time adverse effects of using this size of 1 inch granite for columns for a storey building? What is the acceptable mixing ratio for this size to achieve the best strength? For the spacing see below picture, it's already at 203mm (8 inches) on 16mm tiger TMT Bar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gypsum Plasterboard Ceilings, Dry walls, POP & Screeding / Urgent Sale 4units Of 3BD Flats, 2units Of 2BD & 1 Penthouse Satellite Town N35 / Land For Sale At Affordable Price In Ibadan,oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.