Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander (6917 Views)

Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) / Cost Of 2 Story Building Semi-detached 2 Bedroom Flat / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
Men at Work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2022
You enjoy value for your money when we handle your Building Project. Gates Fabrication going on at the same Site. ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Men at Work.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2022
Value for your Money,Prompt delivery, friendly cost without making a hole to your Pocket; Patronize Us today.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
Progressing...
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2022
1.:2:4 (M15) Concrete mixing ratio for both Columns and lintel beams (it's only a story building). M5 strength Grade was used for the DPC concrete floor.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2022
Carpentery work (Decking Flooring)
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2022
olukaygold:
Carpentery work (Decking Flooring)

Thanks for your assistance the last time I called you Engineer OLUKAYGOLD pls am interested in this slab update sir
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2022
Akerewe:

Thanks for your assistance the last time I called you Engineer OLUKAYGOLD pls am interested in this slab update sir
You welcome sir. We go for M15 Concrete strength Grade so far it's a story building for the columns, lintel's chain beams and also for the slab we're about to cast. I'll give a brief details when we're done with decking slab.
Don't forget to Patronize Us. cool

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2022
olukaygold:

You welcome sir. We go for M15 Concrete strength Grade so far it's a story building for the columns, lintel's chain beams and also for the slab we're about to cast. I'll give a brief details when we're done with decking slab.
Don't forget to Patronize Us. cool

Alright engineer KayGold
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
olukaygold:
You enjoy value for your money when we handle your Building Project. Gates Fabrication going on at the same Site. ...
Done with the Gates

5 Likes

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
Work in Progress
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2022
olukaygold:
Work in Progress

Well-done engineer

Like how much tonnage is this slab bars? Nd what's the length nd breath of the building? The total cost for the slab?
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
Akerewe:

Well-done engineer

Like how much tonnage is this slab bars? Nd what's the length nd breath of the building? The total cost for the slab?
2tonnes of iron bars which comprised of 8mm,12mm and 16mm.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2022
In the mood of celebrations. Merry Christmas.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
olukaygold:

2tonnes of iron bars which comprised of 8mm,12mm and 16mm.

Thanks Chief engineer, more wisdom! But this is massive oo. Local iron or TMT all through? What's likely the cost for the total slab?
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 9:15am On Dec 27, 2022
Akerewe:

Thanks Chief engineer, more wisdom! But this is massive oo. Local iron or TMT all through? What's likely the cost for the total slab?
Local iron sir. Total cost is 2m sir (Though We bought most of materials in bulk and in excess to saves some naira cos of the Price of materials skyrocketing everyday)

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Kingmeek1: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2022
How much did it cost you to do the foundation, block work and decking?
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by Akerewe(m): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2022
olukaygold:

Local iron sir. Total cost is 2m sir (Though We bought most of materials in bulk and in excess to saves some naira cos of the Price of materials skyrocketing everyday)

This is not a child's play oo! Well-done chief engineer. It's well in with the current situation of building materials in this country oo.

But how safe is the local iron? Because their thickness is not full. The last time I checked, local iron 16mm is 11mm in reality when measuring with caliper.

The 2m including workmanship?
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by richec74(m): 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2022
Where is this located and can you show the design of this building
olukaygold:
Men at Work
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by FEGEITOK: 4:41am On Jan 03, 2023
olukaygold:
1.:2:4 (M15) Concrete mixing ratio for both Columns and lintel beams (it's only a story building). M5 strength Grade was used for the DPC concrete floor.

Is M5 concrete grade good enough for DPC?
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Is M5 concrete grade good enough for DPC?
Depending on your pocket,but that's the lowest you can go for the DPC, it doesn't require much strength compare to others like Columns, Beams and decking slabs.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by FEGEITOK: 7:35am On Jan 03, 2023
olukaygold:

Depending on your pocket,but that's the lowest you can go for the DPC, it doesn't require much strength compare to others like Columns, Beams and decking slabs.

I like your business strategy.

godspeed

1 Like

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
Work in Progress
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 11:32am On Jan 14, 2023
Work in Progress...
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by anyilalaz: 2:26am On Jan 15, 2023
Engineer Olukaygold, happy new and thumbs up for the great work you are doing. Please I have a question. Can 6 inches blocks be used for one storey building? If yes, what's the minimum size of columns and spacing.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 4:08am On Jan 15, 2023
anyilalaz:
Engineer Olukaygold, happy new and thumbs up for the great work you are doing. Please I have a question. Can 6 inches blocks be used for one storey building? If yes, what's the minimum size of columns and spacing.

I handled a Wall Plastering and Electrical Work for a Nairalander in Imo State,he used 6",I was surprised at first but later check the durability of the building and it's unbelievable. The 6" blocks are strong like a Stone,my Electricians were just complaining that the Block is strong when he's breaking the walls to set out the conduit. To answer your question,6" blocks can be used only IF You moulded the blocks by yourself (under your supervision). Most blocks they're selling outside there are not strong and not advisable to be use for a story building,other than this, I won't advice you to use 6" especially for external Wall.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by anyilalaz: 7:16am On Jan 15, 2023
olukaygold:

I handled a Wall Plastering and Electrical Work for a Nairalander in Imo State,he used 6",I was surprised at first but later check the durability of the building and it's unbelievable. The 6" blocks are strong like a Stone,my Electricians were just complaining that the Block is strong when he's breaking the walls to set out the conduit. To answer your question,6" blocks can be used only IF You moulded the blocks by yourself (under your supervision). Most blocks they're selling outside there are not strong and not advisable to be use for a story building,other than this, I won't advice you to use 6" especially for external Wall.

Thanks for your prompt response. Do you have idea about the column size.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2023
anyilalaz:

Thanks for your prompt response. Do you have idea about the column size.
Oga mi! Let a professional Person handle your Project to avoid had I know. Don’t give your Project directly to Artisans.
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
Carpentry work
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
Plastering in progress at the same time...
Plastering of underneath Deck pics
Re: Construction Of One story Building For A Nairalander by olukaygold(m): 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Work in Progress
1st pic_Side View
2nd pic_Back View

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

** 5 Bedroom Mansion On 3000 Sqm In VGC . Lekki (+ pix's) / Amazing Building Plans And Drafting In Nigeria / Westwood Park Phase 2 Sangotedo Ajah Behind Bigest Shoprite In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.